• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

EmptyHeaded

EmptyHeaded

Experienced
Jan 24, 2024
Would you have trauma without emotions? And I don't think there are enough people born that way that we wouldn't bone our way to overpopulation.
That part wasn't really about lack of emotions, more about my example from earlier, that not all humans have an inherent interest in procreation (and/or sexual intercourse).
It's interesting. If true it blows a hole in @sserafim 's contention that we'd be smart and logical without emotion. I don't think it's a perfect fit for our hypothetical here, though.
That's true. I think it depends a lot on what you would consider emotions. If you just look online, you find a lot of people claiming that a person without emotions would die or lack a will to live (brought up in the reddit post the comment was made on). Then again, pleasure and pain aren't emotions, they're affects. Since there is no consensus on a definition, maybe there is no answer to the question. Some definitions of "emotion" would include affects, other definitions would exclude them. The only definition I learned in school was one that includes all human experiences. Pain, hunger, pleasure, etc. Granted, that was in philosophy class.
So you think we'd be spok.

I think emotions make us less like animals and are necessary for our higher consciousness. For animals, their emotions are fleeting and simple. They don't have deep passion, longing, dread, hope, etc. A bunch of spoks would never make great art, and I think creation is what makes us human. Not building modern rectangular boring skyscrapers, but creating beauty for the sake of beauty. Novels, symphonies, statues, paintings. . . they don't exist without emotion.
Ackshually, the Vulcans don't lack emotions, they just suppress them. Additionally, Spock isn't a very good example of a Vulcan because of his human heritage. He has bigger trouble controlling his emotions than other Vulcans do.

Last edited:
Reactions: derpyderpins