• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

LoiteringClouds

LoiteringClouds

Tempus fugit
Feb 7, 2023
Anger.

Pro-lifers, especially DDoSers and fixers, tend to be angry at us pro-choicers. They have inflated sense of self-righteousness and I think anger is playing a major role in their actions (DDoSing this forum and harassing people aren't reason-guided justice, as they're illegal, so I think they're just angry.) I'd defend this forum if I could.

And I'm an extremely angry person, so eradicating anger will make my life much more bearable.

Reactions: ephemeral_deathwish
EmptyHeaded

EmptyHeaded

Experienced
Jan 24, 2024
All of them. I don't see how having emotions is beneficial. If I had to choose only one to eliminate though, I would choose pain or sadness
While I agree with you, I also think it's a ridiculous idea. Emotions are all that's keeping almost everyone out there alive. Without emotions, no one would choose life over death.

xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
While I agree with you, I also think it's a ridiculous idea. Emotions are all that's keeping almost everyone out there alive. Without emotions, no one would choose life over death.
Life is manifestation of universe law, emotions or logic or consciousness have nothing to do with choosing death or life.

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I'd also eliminate boredom, frustration and annoyance. Those are some of the worst things to feel

Last edited:
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Pain. Without pain, life would be infinitely better

Reactions: 4am
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
I wouldn't completely eliminate any. They all serve a purpose. I'd like to reduce anger and fear, though.

Disagree. Source: all the non-human creatures on the planet which have not decided to mass off-themselves. Without emotions we'd just fuck and reproduce constantly, following our instinctual drive. By removing emotions you'd just be eliminating creativity, passion, art, and the desire to build and create things that aren't strictly necessary for survival of the species.

EmptyHeaded

EmptyHeaded

Experienced
Jan 24, 2024
Disagree. Source: all the non-human creatures on the planet which have not decided to mass off-themselves. Without emotions we'd just fuck and reproduce constantly, following our instinctual drive. By removing emotions you'd just be eliminating creativity, passion, art, and the desire to build and create things that aren't strictly necessary for survival of the species.
I thought it was obvious I was referring to humans only, sorry.
What I mean is that without emotion, you don't have goal orientation. Motivation. Nothing that would make you do anything apart from sustaining yourself.
Complete indifference.

Reactions: derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
I thought it was obvious I was referring to humans only, sorry.
What I mean is that without emotion, you don't have goal orientation. Motivation. Nothing that would make you do anything apart from sustaining yourself.
Complete indifference.
I understand you mean humans only, and I'm saying without emotions humans are basically animals, and animals keep themselves alive. Beyond animals, look at insects. Ants don't have emotion, but they do as programmed, which is keep ants alive and keep making more ants. Emotions are why we take a break from behaving like ants.

EmptyHeaded

EmptyHeaded

Experienced
Jan 24, 2024
I understand you mean humans only, and I'm saying without emotions humans are basically animals, and animals keep themselves alive. Beyond animals, look at insects. Ants don't have emotion, but they do as programmed, which is keep ants alive and keep making more ants. Emotions are why we take a break from behaving like ants.
I don't think you can compare humans to e.g. ants, simply because they function very differently. Furthermore, humans don't have instincts in the same way most other animals have. For example, humans don't necessarily have interest in procreation. Some may suppress it, but for others it's completely lacking.

Reactions: derpyderpins
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I think that intelligence and consciousness are what makes us human. Emotions, in my opinion, make us more like animals. Without emotions, people would be run by pure logic and reason

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
I don't think you can compare humans to e.g. ants, simply because they function very differently. Furthermore, humans don't have instincts in the same way most other animals have. For example, humans don't necessarily have interest in procreation. Some may suppress it, but for others it's completely lacking.
I agree it's hard to compare, but that's because humans do have emotions and higher consciousness. Everything about how we develop is different because of that.

Disagree about interest in procreation. It feels good. "Pleasure" itself is not an emotion. You would still feel physical pleasure and pain, and we'd smash that dopamine button to death, but make babies in the process.

xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
I think that intelligence and consciousness are what makes us human. Emotions, in my opinion, make us more like animals. Without emotions, people would be run by pure logic and reason
Emotions are what makes us humans. Emotions in limbic system are reflection of reptilian brain bios which inherently represent the core of humanity, intelegence in other hand is just tool to serve those instincts.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
So you think we'd be spok.

I think emotions make us less like animals and are necessary for our higher consciousness. For animals, their emotions are fleeting and simple. They don't have deep passion, longing, dread, hope, etc. A bunch of spoks would never make great art, and I think creation is what makes us human. Not building modern rectangular boring skyscrapers, but creating beauty for the sake of beauty. Novels, symphonies, statues, paintings. . . they don't exist without emotion.

Reactions: xinino
xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
So you think we'd be spok.

I think emotions make us less like animals and are necessary for our higher consciousness. For animals, their emotions are fleeting and simple. They don't have deep passion, longing, dread, hope, etc. A bunch of spoks would never make great art, and I think creation is what makes us human. Not building modern rectangular boring skyscrapers, but creating beauty for the sake of beauty. Novels, symphonies, statues, paintings. . . they don't exist without emotion.
Omg, first time I agree with you.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
Omg, first time I agree with you.
thank god. Ever since you suggested I was controlling and an oppressor I've been trying to win you over.

EmptyHeaded

EmptyHeaded

Experienced
Jan 24, 2024
I agree it's hard to compare, but that's because humans do have emotions and higher consciousness. Everything about how we develop is different because of that.

Disagree about interest in procreation. It feels good. "Pleasure" itself is not an emotion. You would still feel physical pleasure and pain, and we'd smash that dopamine button to death, but make babies in the process.
What I mean is it doesn't feel pleasurable for everyone. For some people it's because of trauma, others are born that way.
Concerning emotions, I've found a reddit comment from 6 years ago that cites a passage from "The Science of Star Wars". I can't say anything about it, so take it with a grain of salt.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
What I mean is it doesn't feel pleasurable for everyone. For some people it's because of trauma, others are born that way.

Would you have trauma without emotions? And I don't think there are enough people born that way that we wouldn't bone our way to overpopulation.

Concerning emotions, I've found a reddit comment from 6 years ago that cites a passage from "The Science of Star Wars". I can't say anything about it, so take it with a grain of salt.
It's interesting. If true it blows a hole in @sserafim 's contention that we'd be smart and logical without emotion. I don't think it's a perfect fit for our hypothetical here, though.

xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
thank god. Ever since you suggested I was controlling and an oppressor I've been trying to win you over.
No, I still believe that we have to accept and appreciate her irrationality.

Man you don't understand, I love irrationally, it makes me horny.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
No, I still believe that we have to accept and appreciate her irrationality.

Man you don't understand, I love irrationally, it makes me horny.
tone is hard through text. I thought the sarcasm was obvious. My bad.