Predestinated

Predestinated

Student
Jan 9, 2019
I know, this sounds like a first world problem. And I know many people are sad/depressed because they dont have a family or friends anymore. But for me, it's a nightmare. I know that when I CTB, I will leave a lot of people devastated. It's like a cage you cant escape. Nothing eases myself more than the thought of not knowing people and the possibilty to CTB without people noticing.

For me, leaving this world without anybody noticing is the definition of freedom.

• Love
Reactions: Jane Doe 13, BFishy, selfhater and 3 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
It actually sounds more like a non-first world problem. In Latin and Asian countries, they're very family-oriented, and the social structures are such that everyone is up in everyone else's business all the time. There is no way to escape from everyone, including their nosiness and judgment. I can imagine it's the same on the African continent. And any small town anywhere in the world.

I can see how you would envy social isolation or estrangement. It definitely makes it easier to ctb when one doesn't have emotional responsibility to anyone. If one desires ctb, or if it's their best choice, then such situations do offer a kind of freedom.

Gautama Buddha wanted to spend his time in spiritual pursuits and isolation. When his son was born, he named him Fetter.

Reactions: BFishy, Sensei, Hollow Point and 3 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I've felt comfortable not having much family or friends even though it can get lonely and as u get old might be an issue. It's definitely more peaceful and low drama in your life. I think it can feel meaningless at times not having had kids or married, and as a result less connections as u age. It's not bad if u have enough money to be alone in life. But to be alone and in poverty that's a lot harder. The problem when u have have no space from these relatives or friends is that some of them might actually be toxic. Family and friends is only good when u have adequate space from them to still retain your self and some of your own private ambitions or desires. When they pull u in all directions it's too much for me. It has to be balanced so they aren't sucking the life out of u or not allowing u to have your own life.

Last edited:
Reactions: BFishy, Sensei and Hollow Point
Hollow Point

Hollow Point

A̵l̷w̷a̷y̸s̷ ̷t̸i̸r̵e̸d̶
Mar 24, 2020
I've had no relationship with family or friends for a few years now. I'm sure there is a level of distance between us that cant be fixed or forgotten. Hopefully that will lighten the blow should I dissapear forever. Although it likely wont..you cant really do anything to lighten that blow..I miss having somebody to reach out to in real life sometimes....but I'm pretty at peace with where I'm at now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape and Sensei
selfhater

selfhater

Experienced
Mar 1, 2020
same with the family i hate it so much

Reactions: Predestinated
Ko9

Ko9

Student
Jun 30, 2019
You can always get rid of friends. Family is a different story... ugh.

Reactions: disabledandhopeless