T

TheLastGoodbye

Student
Oct 23, 2019
Aww man. Finally reached the end of the thread. Hopefully it keeps going for a while. Maybe I'll go through one more time.

Reactions: jwalker9715 and maka
J

Juliajulia

Aug 19, 2018
Was your bag with elastic or not? Did you feel any discomfort from the bag?

No elastic, I just held it in place loosely and pulled it up several times to grasp for air when I got uncomfortable/the bag started clinging to my face, it did take several attempts. Asphyxiation wasn't my goal, just short loss of consciousness.

Sweet Release

Sweet Release

Experienced
Nov 24, 2019
Thank you for posting this set of instructions.
I am preparing to go through with this.

gardi

gardi

Nov 21, 2019
No elastic, I just held it in place loosely and pulled it up several times to grasp for air when I got uncomfortable/the bag started clinging to my face, it did take several attempts. Asphyxiation wasn't my goal, just short loss of consciousness.
Please tell us more about your method.

gardi

gardi

Nov 21, 2019
I have a question for those who are losing consciousness. You don't have any sensation of pressure in the head, as if it would explode. Until you have lost consciousness, you do not feel it. How do you do it? The jugular veins are located above the carotid arteries.
I only feel increasing pressure in my head, although I am close to blocking my breathing, that is, pressure on my neck is much higher than that required to block the carotid arteries.
A few minutes after removing the loop from the neck, I have a strange sensation. There is weakness, and something vaguely reminiscent of sexual arousal. Am I on the right track? I hang too little time just a few seconds after the sensation of exploding head.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ambie
gardi

gardi

Nov 21, 2019
I've experimented now and that's what I want to say.
I took a long piece of rope, made one turn around my neck - the knot at the back, firmly took both ends in my hands and slowly pulled. I felt my head fill with blood and pressure rises in it. Everything as usual. The second time I pulled the ends very sharply and quickly, to about the same pressure level as the first time. And here it is. I totally did not expect this and was scared. After 3-4 seconds. No exploding head. It really was fast and completely painless. I lost consciousness for a moment, my eyes darkened, I staggered and almost fell. Now, after a few minutes, I feel weakness in my whole body, fingers on my hands and feet feel nothing, especially on my left hand. The rope was below the Adam's apple, almost at the very base of the neck. The chin is lifted up. Unfortunately, I have not been able to repeat this yet, but I do not lose hope. I rubbed my neck a bit with a rope, but I will continue to try later. I still feel weak, I don't know what to compare with, it looks like a state after an orgasm.

Gardi

The sensations after are similar to those that I experienced after the exploding head. Perhaps the carotid arteries overlapped too, but the jugular veins overlapped earlier, so there was an exploding head.

The main thing is quickly and sharply to the same level from which you feel your head explodes. But just do not get on Adam's apple it is very painful even with a little compression.

I am very glad. I have almost lost all faith in this method. Still, it is possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johanna94
H

helpfulfriendonwout

Nov 25, 2019
I've experimented now and that's what I want to say.
I took a long piece of rope, made one turn around my neck - the knot at the back, firmly took both ends in my hands and slowly pulled. I felt my head fill with blood and pressure rises in it. Everything as usual. The second time I pulled the ends very sharply and quickly, to about the same pressure level as the first time. And here it is. I totally did not expect this and was scared. After 3-4 seconds. No exploding head. It really was fast and completely painless. I lost consciousness for a moment, my eyes darkened, I staggered and almost fell. Now, after a few minutes, I feel weakness in my whole body, fingers on my hands and feet feel nothing, especially on my left hand. The rope was below the Adam's apple, almost at the very base of the neck. The chin is lifted up. Unfortunately, I have not been able to repeat this yet, but I do not lose hope. I rubbed my neck a bit with a rope, but I will continue to try later. I still feel weak, I don't know what to compare with, it looks like a state after an orgasm.

View attachment 20032

The sensations after are similar to those that I experienced after the exploding head. Perhaps the carotid arteries overlapped too, but the jugular veins overlapped earlier, so there was an exploding head.
I've been been trying to get myself to CBT with a similar method; and although I haven't passed out, I've gotten very close; and the feeling you get when you release after your brain has been briefly deprived of oxygen is euphoric. It's the best feeling I've experienced. If I could just leave the tourniquet in place for a couple dozen seconds, I'd black out and my pain would be permanently over

gardi

gardi

Nov 21, 2019
I've been been trying to get myself to CBT with a similar method; and although I haven't passed out, I've gotten very close; and the feeling you get when you release after your brain has been briefly deprived of oxygen is euphoric. It's the best feeling I've experienced. If I could just leave the tourniquet in place for a couple dozen seconds, I'd black out and my pain would be permanently over

You're right, it's kind of euphoric. Like after sex or masturbation. And this state continues for a rather long time.

H

helpfulfriendonwout

Nov 25, 2019
What I experienced was much more intense than an orgasm, it swallowed up all of me, I was the feeling and there was nothing but the feeling for a few joyous seconds. Orgasms are weak, sad things in comparison.

Reactions: TheLastGoodbye
Ambie

Ambie

Jun 13, 2019
Will hanging always work assuming the rope doesnt break?
I'm planning to do partial in kneeling/lying down position with my hands tied behind my back. Is there a possibility that i will somehow survive this?

H

helpfulfriendonwout

Nov 25, 2019
Will hanging always work assuming the rope doesnt break?
I'm planning to do partial in kneeling/lying down position with my hands tied behind my back. Is there a possibility that i will somehow survive this?
There is at least a small chance with any method. Although I was considering doing something similar a couple days ago, I didn't look too hard at the kneeling method before I decided on something else. So you'll need to take this reply with a grain of salt. But the anchor you weight yourself to, the technique you use, whether you'd be discovered before you were unrevivable and other factors can go wrong if not carefully considered. Brain damage or paralysis are possibilities if anything goes wrong. While partial hanging is one of the most statistically successful methods, a lot can go wrong and I hear that it takes a significant amount of practice. I'd imagine that it takes even more practice if you want to do it kneeling rather than standing. I'm personally hoping to use something similar to the "Night Night" method, which is very similar to partial hanging, but it removes some of the risks. I've got the tourniquet around my neck now. If I could build up the courage, I could almost painlessly be done with this life within a couple of minutes.

Reactions: LostMyWorld
c0rpse

c0rpse

Nov 28, 2019
Newbie to this site but have been lurking before I made this account. I've looked through all the methods on this forum and still to me partial suspension is definitely the way to go. I've only ever made it up to that euphoric/numb feeling and tonight I hope to be able to go further than that and actually succeed this time. Not too long ago this year I tried by overdosing but I really pussied out with that one and told someone what I had done which is why I'm now going onto this method.And well I was "testing" earlier (more of an attempt) and I got to that euphoric feeling again but SI kicked in and I stopped and I for sure know that tonight will be the night and I will overcome my stupid SI.

H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
Its all luck, and i wish u the best of it

Reactions: c0rpse
c0rpse

c0rpse

Nov 28, 2019
I tried but I couldn't find my sweet spot so I think I'll give it ago tomorrow and I hope that will be the one.

Reactions: Hotsackage
c0rpse

c0rpse

Nov 28, 2019
Right okay, I've got the sweet spot down after changing the ligature (I was using a long ass cable because I have no rope anywhere) and I switched it for a belt and that definitely works for me I just need to overcome SI tonight

• Hugs
Reactions: thundersnail, Hotsackage and TrailerTrash
B

blvck

May 12, 2018
I dont have time to buy any rope, would a neck scarf be sufficient? I'm going to do partial with the side of my head board. Would that work?
Right okay, I've got the sweet spot down after changing the ligature (I was using a long ass cable because I have no rope anywhere) and I switched it for a belt and that definitely works for me I just need to overcome SI tonight
may i ask how you used the belt? I only have a belt and scarf, idk which to use

maka

maka

this is for you, my little crow 𓇢𓆸
Apr 23, 2019
I tried partial hanging tonight and I kept compressing my windpipe or trachea instead of the carotids. I didn't use padding before but I just added some now. I also found myself struggling to breath and swallowing excessively because I couldn't breath. It wasn't painful but extremely uncomfortable for me. I added two doubles up rolled socks on either end. I know where my carotids are but no matter the pressure I never pass out. I did not get a headache but I did hear a rumbling in my ear that didn't sound like it was coming from me, yet it was. It also hurts to swallow. What can I do to ensure that I die?

B

blvck

May 12, 2018
I tried partial hanging tonight and I kept compressing my windpipe or trachea instead of the carotids. I didn't use padding before but I just added some now. I also found myself struggling to breath and swallowing excessively because I couldn't breath. It wasn't painful but extremely uncomfortable for me. I added two doubles up rolled socks on either end. I know where my carotids are but no matter the pressure I never pass out. I did not get a headache but I did hear a rumbling in my ear that didn't sound like it was coming from me, yet it was. It also hurts to swallow. What can I do to ensure that I die?
i tried that before...i think its called night-night method. it didnt work for me either

Unikko

Unikko

Oct 16, 2019
Alright, so. It appears that I only have a day or two left before I need to either catch that elusive bus, or buckle up and start enduring the unendurable. The former seems like the better option. As for the method, it has to be either full suspension hanging, or nothing at all. I haven't been able to get any further than the slight dizziness and twitching arms with partial, so I'm unfortunately forced to forego that method. Really, even if I managed to come closer to losing consciousness with it, I doubt I would have been able to finish the job with the ability to abort an attempt at any point. So either way, full suspension seems to be the only realistic option for me. I've already made myself sick with anxiety by overthinking it all (honestly, I should probably just stop that and when the time comes, go through with it without as much as a single conscious thought given to the process), but maybe it'll help to write down all my ideas and worries here. Feedback would be very much appreciated (if anyone is able to give any on such a short notice), but there's not necessarily a whole lot I am able to change, truth be told. Nonetheless, let me see if I can add a few photos of my setup.

Setup1

Setup2

Setup3

So basically, the idea is to utilize the uppermost hinge on this closet door, using it to (hopefully) hold my weight, and keep the ligature in place by simply tying a big bundle of knots at the end so that it is trapped in-between the door and the closet itself. Now for all the issues and scenarios of how it'll go I've been able to come up with:

1) I realize this setup is quite long ways from optimal. The obvious concern here is whether such a questionable suspension point is able to hold my full weight for up to half an hour, with my body convulsing potentially quite a bit for some of that time. I have no idea how much I weight, don't own a scale that could measure that or anything, but it's not much (probably a contributing factor with regard to my less than stellar results obtained from partial.) I'm a bit shorter than the average guy around here these parts, and slim enough for my rib cage and abs to show through my skin. Probably not much more than 60 kg or so. I've tested this setup with kind of a "half suspension" (by which I mean, I still had one foot on a chair) with the rope around my neck, as well as by attempting to hang onto the rope with my hands while lifting myself up from the floor. The setup has held so far, but of course I could only try these things for a few seconds at a time since the position is rather awkward. Naturally, most of the force on the hinge would come downwards in accordance with gravity's pull on my body but I'm hoping that the knot at the end takes a teeny bit of it as well.

2) The rope itself probably leaves a lot to be desired as well. I'm dumb and threw away the packaging right after buying the damn thing, and no longer remember the exact stats. Is the measurement given in millimetres with regard to ropes referring to circumference or diameter or what? I'm not all that great with math, but if I attempt to measure the circumference of the rope I might get something like 35-40 millimetres. Diameter would then be, for example, 40 mm divided by pi, so about 12 mm? Of course the rope isn't a perfect circle, either. Bah, I'm probably way off base here and being really dumb with this, because the only rope on the store's website that maybe looks like the one I got says it's 8 mm, so that's probably closer to truth. The rope feels sturdy enough and I put the scarf shown in the pictures there to pad the hinge, so as not to dig into the rope too much in the hopes that it'll be less likely to break at that point of contact. I'm more worried about its efficacy in closing the carotid arteries without being unnecessarily painful. I would be more inclined to use a belt here, since that has seemed to be the most effective and comfortable ligature in my possession when I've experimented with partial, but I'm not overly confident in its ability to not break when the full weight of my body is put in it. I could still buy another rope tomorrow, but not sure if I can go through all that effort anymore. It'd again be a lot of traveling on bus and on foot, one of which I fucked up a couple of weeks ago by falling on it while practicing partial and having the bar in the closet coming off its holds.

3) Aside from its size, another potential reason for the rope not working as well as a belt might be because the noose doesn't tighten quite as effectively as a belt with a buckle when I put my weight on it. Perhaps this could be remedied with lubrication? I could maybe use soap or cooking oil or something like that to grease up the noose, doing it so there's less friction between the rope and my neck, as well as in and around the knot. Alongside putting the whole of my weight on the rope, would this be helpful with getting as tight a fit around my neck as possible?

4) The positioning of the rope around my neck doesn't really matter that much when it comes to full suspension, does it? Seeing as it's more than likely going to slip upwards anyway (which surely would be almost certain if lubrication was added to the rope), it would make more sense to place the noose above my Adam's apple to avoid it slipping over it and causing unnecessary pain, correct? With partial, I could never really figure out an optimal neck placement for the noose, it seemed to be dependent on the type of ligature as well as what direction the applied force came from. Thus, I don't really know where my sweet spot resides, and seeing how I can visually observe my pulse at the top of my neck when looking in the mirror, having the noose slide high on the neck after I take the plunge would hopefully be good enough to get the desired result.

5) Speaking of taking the plunge, should there preferably be a bit of a drop, or should I rather have the noose as tight as possible to begin with and just step down with minimal drop? I can see both ways having their advantages and disadvantages, with a drop of maybe 20-30 cm increasing the force of the fall and potentially resulting in quicker tightening of the noose, but also potentially putting needless stress on the ligature, suspension point and my precious neck.

6) I'm considering tying my hands behind my back prior to dropping down. Realistically, I doubt I could do much with them anyway to save myself in the case of SI kicking in before unconsciousness sets in, but who knows what kind of Hulk strength one might be able to muster in such a situation? I'll probably just have to wing it and go with whatever seems like a good idea at the time.

7) I live in an apartment building with the noises from neighboring apartments and the hallway outside coming in quite clear (the only way I can live here is by having white noise blaring from my speakers 24/7.) So I'm a bit anxious when it comes to the inevitable noise this method is going to generate, and not quite sure whether it'd be better to try this at night or daytime. At night most people would obviously be asleep and thus less likely to hear me banging against the closet. Then again, the noise would also be more likely to draw unwanted attention if it came at a time when loud noises are expected to be kept at minimum. By day, obnoxious sounds are expected to be tolerated (personally, I don't tolerate them regardless of the hour, and that's just one more reason to get out of this place) and it'd be less likely for anyone to come knocking behind my door. Realistically, even if someone heard the racket coming from my apartment and decided it was unacceptable, the likeliest scenario then would be them coming to bang my door after several minutes had already passed, by which time I'd hopefully be out of it already. If my body kept trashing around after that, they might then call the police to come and tell me to keep it down, easily giving me at least 10-15 minutes until the cops arrive behind my door. If after that they decided to come snooping inside they'd still need to call someone to come and open the door for them. I'm almost certainly going to drag some furniture in front of the door and due to the way it opens inward, that would give me even more time to become nice and dead until even the worst case scenario would allow anyone to come in physical contact with whatever's left of me at that point. Overthinking this way too much, I know. Day or night, I doubt anyone would hear anything. Even if they did, I doubt they'd do anything provided the sounds only last for a short while. Even if they were bothered enough to do something, they'd only call the police after having waited in vain for me to come and receive an earful from them. Even if the cops showed up, they wouldn't do anything. Even if they did, I'd already be dead by the time they got in. So it's like, whatever.

I'm probably forgetting a whole lot of things I would have liked to talk about here, but it's already been hours I've spent on writing this crap and I ought to get some sleep.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: loopdaloop, CrappyMJ, LonelyLight and 3 others
Johanna94

Johanna94

I lost myself when I stopped following my heart
Mar 8, 2019
Alright, so. It appears that I only have a day or two left before I need to either catch that elusive bus, or buckle up and start enduring the unendurable. The former seems like the better option. As for the method, it has to be either full suspension hanging, or nothing at all. I haven't been able to get any further than the slight dizziness and twitching arms with partial, so I'm unfortunately forced to forego that method. Really, even if I managed to come closer to losing consciousness with it, I doubt I would have been able to finish the job with the ability to abort an attempt at any point. So either way, full suspension seems to be the only realistic option for me. I've already made myself sick with anxiety by overthinking it all (honestly, I should probably just stop that and when the time comes, go through with it without as much as a single conscious thought given to the process), but maybe it'll help to write down all my ideas and worries here. Feedback would be very much appreciated (if anyone is able to give any on such a short notice), but there's not necessarily a whole lot I am able to change, truth be told. Nonetheless, let me see if I can add a few photos of my setup.

View attachment 20247

View attachment 20248

View attachment 20249

So basically, the idea is to utilize the uppermost hinge on this closet door, using it to (hopefully) hold my weight, and keep the ligature in place by simply tying a big bundle of knots at the end so that it is trapped in-between the door and the closet itself. Now for all the issues and scenarios of how it'll go I've been able to come up with:

1) I realize this setup is quite long ways from optimal. The obvious concern here is whether such a questionable suspension point is able to hold my full weight for up to half an hour, with my body convulsing potentially quite a bit for some of that time. I have no idea how much I weight, don't own a scale that could measure that or anything, but it's not much (probably a contributing factor with regard to my less than stellar results obtained from partial.) I'm a bit shorter than the average guy around here these parts, and slim enough for my rib cage and abs to show through my skin. Probably not much more than 60 kg or so. I've tested this setup with kind of a "half suspension" (by which I mean, I still had one foot on a chair) with the rope around my neck, as well as by attempting to hang onto the rope with my hands while lifting myself up from the floor. The setup has held so far, but of course I could only try these things for a few seconds at a time since the position is rather awkward. Naturally, most of the force on the hinge would come downwards in accordance with gravity's pull on my body but I'm hoping that the knot at the end takes a teeny bit of it as well.

2) The rope itself probably leaves a lot to be desired as well. I'm dumb and threw away the packaging right after buying the damn thing, and no longer remember the exact stats. Is the measurement given in millimetres with regard to ropes referring to circumference or diameter or what? I'm not all that great with math, but if I attempt to measure the circumference of the rope I might get something like 35-40 millimetres. Diameter would then be, for example, 40 mm divided by pi, so about 12 mm? Of course the rope isn't a perfect circle, either. Bah, I'm probably way off base here and being really dumb with this, because the only rope on the store's website that maybe looks like the one I got says it's 8 mm, so that's probably closer to truth. The rope feels sturdy enough and I put the scarf shown in the pictures there to pad the hinge, so as not to dig into the rope too much in the hopes that it'll be less likely to break at that point of contact. I'm more worried about its efficacy in closing the carotid arteries without being unnecessarily painful. I would be more inclined to use a belt here, since that has seemed to be the most effective and comfortable ligature in my possession when I've experimented with partial, but I'm not overly confident in its ability to not break when the full weight of my body is put in it. I could still buy another rope tomorrow, but not sure if I can go through all that effort anymore. It'd again be a lot of traveling on bus and on foot, one of which I fucked up a couple of weeks ago by falling on it while practicing partial and having the bar in the closet coming off its holds.

3) Aside from its size, another potential reason for the rope not working as well as a belt might be because the noose doesn't tighten quite as effectively as a belt with a buckle when I put my weight on it. Perhaps this could be remedied with lubrication? I could maybe use soap or cooking oil or something like that to grease up the noose, doing it so there's less friction between the rope and my neck, as well as in and around the knot. Alongside putting the whole of my weight on the rope, would this be helpful with getting as tight a fit around my neck as possible?

4) The positioning of the rope around my neck doesn't really matter that much when it comes to full suspension, does it? Seeing as it's more than likely going to slip upwards anyway (which surely would be almost certain if lubrication was added to the rope), it would make more sense to place the noose above my Adam's apple to avoid it slipping over it and causing unnecessary pain, correct? With partial, I could never really figure out an optimal neck placement for the noose, it seemed to be dependent on the type of ligature as well as what direction the applied force came from. Thus, I don't really know where my sweet spot resides, and seeing how I can visually observe my pulse at the top of my neck when looking in the mirror, having the noose slide high on the neck after I take the plunge would hopefully be good enough to get the desired result.

5) Speaking of taking the plunge, should there preferably be a bit of a drop, or should I rather have the noose as tight as possible to begin with and just step down with minimal drop? I can see both ways having their advantages and disadvantages, with a drop of maybe 20-30 cm increasing the force of the fall and potentially resulting in quicker tightening of the noose, but also potentially putting needless stress on the ligature, suspension point and my precious neck.

6) I'm considering tying my hands behind my back prior to dropping down. Realistically, I doubt I could do much with them anyway to save myself in the case of SI kicking in before unconsciousness sets in, but who knows what kind of Hulk strength one might be able to muster in such a situation? I'll probably just have to wing it and go with whatever seems like a good idea at the time.

7) I live in an apartment building with the noises from neighboring apartments and the hallway outside coming in quite clear (the only way I can live here is by having white noise blaring from my speakers 24/7.) So I'm a bit anxious when it comes to the inevitable noise this method is going to generate, and not quite sure whether it'd be better to try this at night or daytime. At night most people would obviously be asleep and thus less likely to hear me banging against the closet. Then again, the noise would also be more likely to draw unwanted attention if it came at a time when loud noises are expected to be kept at minimum. By day, obnoxious sounds are expected to be tolerated (personally, I don't tolerate them regardless of the hour, and that's just one more reason to get out of this place) and it'd be less likely for anyone to come knocking behind my door. Realistically, even if someone heard the racket coming from my apartment and decided it was unacceptable, the likeliest scenario then would be them coming to bang my door after several minutes had already passed, by which time I'd hopefully be out of it already. If my body kept trashing around after that, they might then call the police to come and tell me to keep it down, easily giving me at least 10-15 minutes until the cops arrive behind my door. If after that they decided to come snooping inside they'd still need to call someone to come and open the door for them. I'm almost certainly going to drag some furniture in front of the door and due to the way it opens inward, that would give me even more time to become nice and dead until even the worst case scenario would allow anyone to come in physical contact with whatever's left of me at that point. Overthinking this way too much, I know. Day or night, I doubt anyone would hear anything. Even if they did, I doubt they'd do anything provided the sounds only last for a short while. Even if they were bothered enough to do something, they'd only call the police after having waited in vain for me to come and receive an earful from them. Even if the cops showed up, they wouldn't do anything. Even if they did, I'd already be dead by the time they got in. So it's like, whatever.

I'm probably forgetting a whole lot of things I would have liked to talk about here, but it's already been hours I've spent on writing this crap and I ought to get some sleep.

I also have this method, full suspension hanging, as my only option. I have no other choice either, I have to go through with it, no matter what. I'm wondering kind of the same as you, I have so many questions, big and small. My biggest concern is where the knot should be placed, so the rope compresses the carotid arteries. I've heard people saying that you should have the knot high on the back of the neck, with the noose then over the adam's apple.

Here's where I gonna hang fully, with feet in air:

6F349DAA D2C8 4F72 8B58 A9CC83E5B414

Last edited:
Unikko

Unikko

Oct 16, 2019
I also have this method, full suspension hanging, as my only option. I have no other choice either, I have to go through with it, no matter what. I'm wondering kind of the same as you, I have so many questions, big and small. My biggest concern is where the knot should be placed, so the rope compresses the carotid arteries. I've heard people saying that you should have the knot high on the back of the neck, with the noose then over the adam's apple.

Here's where I gonna hang fully, with feet in air:
More or less in the same boat, I'm also out of any other options that would have a realistic chance of avoiding a ton of pain and suffering. Have to attempt this and soon, like, in the next 36 hours or thereabouts. While I wouldn't mind having the opportunity of having a bit more time on this Earth, I'm trying to think through this logically and understand that I'd just be prolonging and magnifying my suffering if I were not to go through with this now. The anxiety over every little detail with regard to this method and its efficacy has been massive at times, but at least it has the positive side effect of strengthening my resolve to CTB, since I won't have to worry about anything ever again once I'm gone. I think we should simply try and rest easy with the knowledge that hanging is one of the most popular suicide methods for a reason and that is because, aside from its affordability and simplicity, it just works.

The carotids flow through the entirety of the neck and, provided enough pressure is applied, any spot should do. Certain spots might make it a bit easier/faster/comfortable to achieve a swift loss of consciousness, but I'm almost certain any of them will work when it comes to full suspension. I think the calculated sufficient force required to compress the arteries varied from a few kilograms to maybe something like 5 kg, and one'll easily achieve ten to twenty times that force with the whole of one's weight hanging in the noose. It'll for sure be uncomfortable, possibly even painful, but it shouldn't last for very long at all. Even in that video posted here a while back of the woman messing up full suspension in pretty much every conceivable way, it didn't seem to take more than a minute or two before the point of no return. A minute or two of high amount of pain and suffering for the near guaranteed skip to a lifetime of mild-moderate pain and suffering, I dunno, seems like a fair trade-off. And that's only if you screw up in a major way, there's also a fair probability of it being not painful at all and ridiculously fast if you get it right.

Personally, I'm for sure going above the Adam's apple. Below might be a faster ticket to dream land for some people, but I just don't see how it'd be possible to make sure the noose stays there when dropping down to full suspension. The first time I tried partial left me with a sore throat for about a day afterwards and while I can't be certain of the reason for that, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the result of the noose slipping over my Adam's apple. You have managed to find what seems like an awesome spot to hang from (does it make sense to call such a thing 'awesome' in this context, oh well, it is.) Definitely envious of that, seeing how stairs are purposefully manufactured to hold the weight of a person, so that's one less thing to worry about.

• Love
Reactions: oneirogen and Johanna94
MelancholyPie

MelancholyPie

Nov 29, 2019
I was thinking of this method but I don't think I can't stand the thought of my mother or my sisters finding my body looking like this. They are too young and gentle, I started crying just by thinking of it. I know I wouldn't be able to do it.

• Aww..
Reactions: CrappyMJ and lizinha
T

tariq aqeel

Jan 1, 2019

Which rope best to buy this shop is local to me and sells all these ropes someone get back to me I need help

gardi

gardi

Nov 21, 2019

View attachment 20247

View attachment 20248

View attachment 20249

Are you sure your rope will support the weight? And one more question. What do you mean by complete hanging? Feet not touching the ground? I read too much bad about the complete. About fracture of the hyoid bone. The knot can be replaced with a carabiner.

Photo 2019 12 02 13 23 20

Here is my setup. A rope with a core and a plastic braid, thickness 9 mm, according to the store - the maximum weight is up to 1200 kg. The fabric in the loop is needed so that the rope slides better around the neck. Maybe replace it with a plastic bag. It will slide even better. Perhaps I will replace the loop with a carabiner so that the last jerk is as sharp as possible, this is the main thing in overlapping the carotid arteries.

Which rope best to buy this shop is local to me and sells all these ropes someone get back to me I need help
This - https://www.screwfix.com/p/heavy-duty-polypropylene-rope-blue-fleck-9mm-x-15m/63350
Do you feel increasing pressure in your head? Tried to hang in a loop with a sharp jerk? I felt only increasing pressure in my head, until I tried a sharp tightening of the loop. The eyes are darkened, dizzy, euphoria. An alternative is a full suspension.

Last edited:
Reactions: sadgirl9999, Partial-Elf and lizinha
Unikko

Unikko

Oct 16, 2019
Are you sure your rope will support the weight? And one more question. What do you mean by complete hanging? Feet not touching the ground? I read too much bad about the complete. About fracture of the hyoid bone. The knot can be replaced with a carabiner.

Here is my setup. A rope with a core and a plastic braid, thickness 9 mm, according to the store - the maximum weight is up to 1200 kg. The fabric in the loop is needed so that the rope slides better around the neck. Maybe replace it with a plastic bag. It will slide even better. Perhaps I will replace the loop with a carabiner so that the last jerk is as sharp as possible, this is the main thing in overlapping the carotid arteries.
I am absolutely, definitely, completely 100% not sure about anything when it comes to my setup. I could easily see the rope breaking, the support coming crashing down, not achieving unconsciousness but rather slowly suffocating to death while desperately clinging to anything I could get my hands or feet on, making enough noise to alert every neighbour in the building and the police and the army and every member of the parliament rushing in to bring me back to life and and... In short, I'm not confident at all that this'll work. I'm pretty darn desperate at this point, though, so I just have to set those thoughts aside and try to go through with it. Granted, I do still have time to buy another rope, but... [insert excuse for not bothering with that here.] As if I didn't have enough bullshit health issues to deal with making it hard to move anywhere from my bed, I was intensely nauseous this last night and if that continues, there's no way for me to even consider traveling all the way to the hardware store. I might try to catch some sleep and see how I'm feeling later in the day, but we'll see what happens.

As for your question about "complete hanging", I wouldn't know, don't remember using such a phrase. I'd imagine a complete hanging would be one that carries its intended purpose to completion, that is, all the way to death. But yeah, the plan is to go with full suspension where I can't reach the floor with even the tips of my toes. I've read about other people failing due to that, they've miscalculated the length of their rope and ended up being able to relieve the pressure on their neck by standing on their toes. Once I've committed and taken the plunge, I want to make sure there's no plausible way for me to get out of the rope, so I'd certainly prefer to not be left there balancing on my toes like a ballet dancer for hours on end. Do you reckon fracturing the hyoid bone (or sustaining similar injuries) is likely with full suspension with a minimal drop down? I could certainly see how something like that can easily happen if one were to fall into the rope from some height (as happens with the long drop method), but not sure if it's something one should be too worried about when there's not much of a drop to speak of. With partial I've sometimes lifted my legs completely off the ground for a short while and been okay, so at least personally, I'm not too concerned over the possibility of sustaining such an injury. Even if something like that were to happen it wouldn't be that big of a problem as long as the setup held as it should, seeing how one would die soon after anyway, right?

That's an interesting idea to reduce friction between the rope and the neck. I assume the fabric is thin enough so as not to affect the rope's efficiency with regard to applying the needed pressure. If I remember correctly, the user @Partial-Elf also used a carabiner in his setup with good results. Personally, I think lubricating the noose and the knot is my best bet on such a short notice, but I'm yet to test how that works. Need to do that experiment soon too, I'll probably consider myself to have failed in my mission if I'm still breathing at this time tomorrow. Been cleaning my apartment from stuff I'd rather not have anyone see (it'll still be left in an awful condition, but what can you do) and written a few short messages to be sent on a timed e-mail. It would mostly just be to spare neighbours from the stench of a rotting body, there's only a few people whose lives would be in any minimal way affected by my death and I've never talked to them much in life, don't think I have much to say in death either.

• Love
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Mylifeispointless, Partial-Elf and 1 other person
gardi

gardi

Nov 21, 2019
I am absolutely, definitely, completely 100% not sure about anything when it comes to my setup. I could easily see the rope breaking, the support coming crashing down, not achieving unconsciousness but rather slowly suffocating to death while desperately clinging to anything I could get my hands or feet on, making enough noise to alert every neighbour in the building and the police and the army and every member of the parliament rushing in to bring me back to life and and... In short, I'm not confident at all that this'll work. I'm pretty darn desperate at this point, though, so I just have to set those thoughts aside and try to go through with it. Granted, I do still have time to buy another rope, but... [insert excuse for not bothering with that here.] As if I didn't have enough bullshit health issues to deal with making it hard to move anywhere from my bed, I was intensely nauseous this last night and if that continues, there's no way for me to even consider traveling all the way to the hardware store. I might try to catch some sleep and see how I'm feeling later in the day, but we'll see what happens.

As for your question about "complete hanging", I wouldn't know, don't remember using such a phrase. I'd imagine a complete hanging would be one that carries its intended purpose to completion, that is, all the way to death. But yeah, the plan is to go with full suspension where I can't reach the floor with even the tips of my toes. I've read about other people failing due to that, they've miscalculated the length of their rope and ended up being able to relieve the pressure on their neck by standing on their toes. Once I've committed and taken the plunge, I want to make sure there's no plausible way for me to get out of the rope, so I'd certainly prefer to not be left there balancing on my toes like a ballet dancer for hours on end. Do you reckon fracturing the hyoid bone (or sustaining similar injuries) is likely with full suspension with a minimal drop down? I could certainly see how something like that can easily happen if one were to fall into the rope from some height (as happens with the long drop method), but not sure if it's something one should be too worried about when there's not much of a drop to speak of. With partial I've sometimes lifted my legs completely off the ground for a short while and been okay, so at least personally, I'm not too concerned over the possibility of sustaining such an injury. Even if something like that were to happen it wouldn't be that big of a problem as long as the setup held as it should, seeing how one would die soon after anyway, right?

That's an interesting idea to reduce friction between the rope and the neck. I assume the fabric is thin enough so as not to affect the rope's efficiency with regard to applying the needed pressure. If I remember correctly, the user @Partial-Elf also used a carabiner in his setup with good results. Personally, I think lubricating the noose and the knot is my best bet on such a short notice, but I'm yet to test how that works. Need to do that experiment soon too, I'll probably consider myself to have failed in my mission if I'm still breathing at this time tomorrow. Been cleaning my apartment from stuff I'd rather not have anyone see (it'll still be left in an awful condition, but what can you do) and written a few short messages to be sent on a timed e-mail. It would mostly just be to spare neighbours from the stench of a rotting body, there's only a few people whose lives would be in any minimal way affected by my death and I've never talked to them much in life, don't think I have much to say in death either.
I wish you to find peace.

• Love
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Mylifeispointless and Johanna94
T

tariq aqeel

Jan 1, 2019

View attachment 20324

This - https://www.screwfix.com/p/heavy-duty-polypropylene-rope-blue-fleck-9mm-x-15m/63350

Do you feel increasing pressure in your head? Tried to hang in a loop with a sharp jerk? I felt only increasing pressure in my head, until I tried a sharp tightening of the loop. The eyes are darkened, dizzy, euphoria. An alternative is a full suspension.

YOU SURE THAT ROPE GOOD?

Johanna94

Johanna94

I lost myself when I stopped following my heart
Mar 8, 2019
More or less in the same boat, I'm also out of any other options that would have a realistic chance of avoiding a ton of pain and suffering. Have to attempt this and soon, like, in the next 36 hours or thereabouts. While I wouldn't mind having the opportunity of having a bit more time on this Earth, I'm trying to think through this logically and understand that I'd just be prolonging and magnifying my suffering if I were not to go through with this now. The anxiety over every little detail with regard to this method and its efficacy has been massive at times, but at least it has the positive side effect of strengthening my resolve to CTB, since I won't have to worry about anything ever again once I'm gone. I think we should simply try and rest easy with the knowledge that hanging is one of the most popular suicide methods for a reason and that is because, aside from its affordability and simplicity, it just works.

The carotids flow through the entirety of the neck and, provided enough pressure is applied, any spot should do. Certain spots might make it a bit easier/faster/comfortable to achieve a swift loss of consciousness, but I'm almost certain any of them will work when it comes to full suspension. I think the calculated sufficient force required to compress the arteries varied from a few kilograms to maybe something like 5 kg, and one'll easily achieve ten to twenty times that force with the whole of one's weight hanging in the noose. It'll for sure be uncomfortable, possibly even painful, but it shouldn't last for very long at all. Even in that video posted here a while back of the woman messing up full suspension in pretty much every conceivable way, it didn't seem to take more than a minute or two before the point of no return. A minute or two of high amount of pain and suffering for the near guaranteed skip to a lifetime of mild-moderate pain and suffering, I dunno, seems like a fair trade-off. And that's only if you screw up in a major way, there's also a fair probability of it being not painful at all and ridiculously fast if you get it right.

Personally, I'm for sure going above the Adam's apple. Below might be a faster ticket to dream land for some people, but I just don't see how it'd be possible to make sure the noose stays there when dropping down to full suspension. The first time I tried partial left me with a sore throat for about a day afterwards and while I can't be certain of the reason for that, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the result of the noose slipping over my Adam's apple. You have managed to find what seems like an awesome spot to hang from (does it make sense to call such a thing 'awesome' in this context, oh well, it is.) Definitely envious of that, seeing how stairs are purposefully manufactured to hold the weight of a person, so that's one less thing to worry about.

Yes, we have the same plan. From the bottom of my heart, I wish you all the best :heart:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mylifeispointless
T

tariq aqeel

Jan 1, 2019

Buy or not?