been trying partial, still not working
my neck hurts and I have a headache from all the attempts
couldn't get myself to pass out

Reactions: Ivenocare
An hero of our time

An hero of our time

Не для меня
Apr 17, 2019
So, i guess my "sweet spot" is on the same level with my Adam's apple. At least if i place noose there (knot forward) and lay down i can feel pressure build up faster than in any other position. Also sounds go out only in this position. I'm trying to imagine how'd i do it but don't have any ideas. If you have some please let me know.

Reactions: Vienrose and Ivenocare
S

SomebodyBroken

Experienced
May 6, 2019
So, i guess my "sweet spot" is on the same level with my Adam's apple. At least if i place noose there (knot forward) and lay down i can feel pressure build up faster than in any other position. Also sounds go out only in this position. I'm trying to imagine how'd i do it but don't have any ideas. If you have some please let me know.
carefully read the description of the sweet spot. sounds or pressure is veins. you need to feel dizzy or out of balance (minimum)

Reactions: Vienrose
An hero of our time

An hero of our time

Не для меня
Apr 17, 2019
carefully read the description of the sweet spot. sounds or pressure is veins. you need to feel dizzy or out of balance (minimum)
That's why i'm not sure. I never felt dizzyness or something like that, and i've tried everything i can think of. At least i felt SOMETHING doing it this way. My guess is that if i'm able to press veins so i should be able to press arteries.

• Aww..
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Vienrose, justwannadie and 1 other person
Ivenocare

Ivenocare

Student
Mar 31, 2019
That's why i'm not sure. I never felt dizzyness or something like that, and i've tried everything i can think of. At least i felt SOMETHING doing it this way. My guess is that if i'm able to press veins so i should be able to press arteries.
Maybe youve already tried, but if you feel something but not dizzy; maybe try to move it slightly in that area, try multiple.

S

SomebodyBroken

Experienced
May 6, 2019
Maybe youve already tried, but if you feel something but not dizzy; maybe try to move it slightly in that area, try multiple.
Well, you understand, to describe the feeling of a "sweet place" is quite problematic, until you yourself feel or help you) can try lying on your stomach in our case somehow attach a rope to something?
yet people are individual, eh. we have no methods 100% ...
(won, I still wanted to try an overdose, but it turned out to be on a friend (he, too, with such thoughts) even the x20 dose did not work. I just slept through and felt bad the next week. now, when I read news about an overdose, I feel like a dirty trick) xD

Ivenocare

Ivenocare

Student
Mar 31, 2019
Well, you understand, to describe the feeling of a "sweet place" is quite problematic, until you yourself feel or help you) can try lying on your stomach in our case somehow attach a rope to something?
yet people are individual, eh. we have no methods 100% ...
(won, I still wanted to try an overdose, but it turned out to be on a friend (he, too, with such thoughts) even the x20 dose did not work. I just slept through and felt bad the next week. now, when I read news about an overdose, I feel like a dirty trick) xD
Yes, hard to give info on sweet spot; unfortunately: trial and error. Not feeling motivated as much either, failed attempts. Now I know what people meant when they said that...

• Hugs
Reactions: SomebodyBroken
S

SomebodyBroken

Experienced
May 6, 2019
regret one thing that I did not find this forum at the beginning of April ... then I could buy antiemetics ... (SN cheap in our country)

• Aww..
Reactions: loopdaloop and Ivenocare
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Question
Ive been looking for good fixing points and they all look quite shitty in my apartment. How can I hang myself from a tree if I cant climb trees? I cant to save my life and carrying a huge chair under my arm through the whole city is kinda awkward lol
I know how to tie rope to a branch and everything
If I try my lamp it will break off, if I try my radiator it will break off, if I try closet bar it will bend etc

Ivenocare

Ivenocare

Student
Mar 31, 2019
Question
Ive been looking for good fixing points and they all look quite shitty in my apartment. How can I hang myself from a tree if I cant climb trees? I cant to save my life and carrying a huge chair under my arm through the whole city is kinda awkward lol
I know how to tie rope to a branch and everything
If I try my lamp it will break off, if I try my radiator it will break off, if I try closet bar it will bend etc
Are you doing partial or full? Do you think you can put rope behind door and tie it to knob? and if so will it hold your weight? this works for me; only i am using scarf.

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
For me it doesnt matter partial or full, Ive read info on both, I just want to be dead. Yeah I tried the door method but Im unsure it will work because my doorknob is very short and its hard to secure rope to it. I think I finally came up with a way to tie rope or scraf to it without it slipping but Im still paranoid it would give out when unconscious. And like I mentioned, all other fixing points will just break off if I try to hang myself off them.

Ivenocare

Ivenocare

Student
Mar 31, 2019
For me it doesnt matter partial or full, Ive read info on both, I just want to be dead. Yeah I tried the door method but Im unsure it will work because my doorknob is very short and its hard to secure rope to it. I think I finally came up with a way to tie rope or scraf to it without it slipping but Im still paranoid it would give out when unconscious. And like I mentioned, all other fixing points will just break off if I try to hang myself off them.
Hmmm... I wonder if making small knots may help secure rope from not slipping through door crack?

Reactions: limone
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Hi.
I do apologize if i sound completely stupid here but when using the partial hanging method - when you pass out and are not disturbed will u definately die ?
Do you think there could be any chance that u could just be out for a while but then come round ?
Thanks

Reactions: justwannadie and limone
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Unless the rope breaks, yep you die. You pass out after a few seconds and death sets in after 10 - 30 more minutes

Reactions: Orbitc, Lara Francis and limone
Ivenocare

Ivenocare

Student
Mar 31, 2019
Hi.
I do apologize if i sound completely stupid here but when using the partial hanging method - when you pass out and are not disturbed will u definately die ?
Do you think there could be any chance that u could just be out for a while but then come round ?
Thanks
been paronoid myself about waking i believe @SomebodyBroken said at some point in this post he woke up somehow after 10 mins maybe I read wrong? I havent passed out yet i using door but wonder if i could stand in unconsioius...

Reactions: Lara Francis and limone
L

limone

Student
Mar 28, 2019
When you pass out - gravity will do it's job and final result is sure.

Reactions: Vienrose and Lara Francis
S

SomebodyBroken

Experienced
May 6, 2019
Well, considering that there are three days left and I have not achieved success, but I still try to partially hanging or night-night method...
even if all fails, then drowning is my only 100% option xX
(i realy hate my SI xD )

• Hugs
Ivenocare

Ivenocare

Student
Mar 31, 2019
Well, considering that there are three days left and I have not achieved success, but I still try to partially hanging or night-night method...
even if all fails, then drowning is my only 100% option xX
(i realy hate my SI xD )
I am going to have to try tourniquet probably because I cant hang from door now I have company again... dont know when ill try again but yeah..........

• Hugs
Reactions: SomebodyBroken
mentionized1

mentionized1

Apr 13, 2019
My recommendation, which I can share through experience, is that you should not play around with the rope for longer than 15 minutes and while the neck is compressed by the rope, please do not swallow at all and avoid it.

I made the mistake on both points and the next evening I had a headache for a day. I almost couldn't sleep and it was very disturbing even in the next morning. I also had pain while swallowing for three days and still can't talk properly. Maybe I pinched my vocal chords a bit or something.

Reactions: loopdaloop, justwannadie, DaniDee and 3 others
S

SomebodyBroken

Experienced
May 6, 2019
I am going to have to try tourniquet probably because I cant hang from door now I have company again... dont know when ill try again but yeah..........
the most curious thing, so we try it, and then someone gets it right the first time) Do you have any final date?
https://8ch.net/suicide/res/7105.html use this? :) for me this little helping...

Ivenocare

Ivenocare

Student
Mar 31, 2019
No presonally date, but I am running out of time; and I really want to stop being concious or in better place/ after life.

• Hugs
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Vienrose, ZomGuy and 1 other person
Bubble

Bubble

May 16, 2019
I don't have a date but I've been trying on and off for the last few months, the past few days I've felt more ready. I've struggle with SI too which sucks. I wish I ctb months ago. Tomorrow is my dads birthday so I know morally I should try and put it off but the longer I go on I think there's never a right time so maybe I should be selfish. I wanted to go to a secluded place and try partial on a tree. But have recently decided it may be more comfortable doing it at home, over a door. I live alone so I would have plenty of time but I have a job now (to act 'normal') and my parents are back to visit in next week. I have everything I need, rope, alcohol, sleeping tablets, I just need to do it.

• Hugs
Ivenocare

Ivenocare

Student
Mar 31, 2019
I don't have a date but I've been trying on and off for the last few months, the past few days I've felt more ready. I've struggle with SI too which sucks. I wish I ctb months ago. Tomorrow is my dads birthday so I know morally I should try and put it off but the longer I go on I think there's never a right time so maybe I should be selfish. I wanted to go to a secluded place and try partial on a tree. But have recently decided it may be more comfortable doing it at home, over a door. I live alone so I would have plenty of time but I have a job now (to act 'normal') and my parents are back to visit in next week. I have everything I need, rope, alcohol, sleeping tablets, I just need to do it.
Good luck, yes SI are rather difficult to overcome... How close have you come with partial?

Bubble

Bubble

May 16, 2019
I know it is! I've struggled to find the sweat spot for ages but I feel more confident I've found it now. I think I've only had two attempts were I felt I was going to pass out. I've had a couple of attempts where I've been too drunk or not drunk enough.

Reactions: thundersnail and Ivenocare
S

Shorine

Mar 17, 2019
I know this sounds morbid, but does anyone have any videos of people hanging themselves? I'm a visual learner and I think it would help me to see other peoples' attempts and set ups.

Reactions: Orbitc and Ivenocare
M

Mogley26

Student
Apr 10, 2019
Google footage of self hanging. I found a Russian guy and a 12 year old girls footage. Partial or full? There is video of partial on the hanging megathread too.
I know this sounds morbid, but does anyone have any videos of people hanging themselves? I'm a visual learner and I think it would help me to see other peoples' attempts and set ups.

K

Kuris

May 17, 2019
Is there a safe way to try partial hanging other than just a rope around your neck an pulling it with your hands?
I have got the tingly feeling on my face that way but would like to practice my setup safely so do I just try until I get the same feeling and then back out?
Also would it leave a noticeable mark on my neck even if I would use padding on the rope?
I need the safe way to try because I live with my parents and if I accidentally manage to CTB they would find my body instead of the police and I have some things left to do or do I wait until I have my things in order and just go for it and hope it works for me?

S

SomebodyBroken

Experienced
May 6, 2019
Is there a safe way to try partial hanging other than just a rope around your neck an pulling it with your hands?
I have got the tingly feeling on my face that way but would like to practice my setup safely so do I just try until I get the same feeling and then back out?
Also would it leave a noticeable mark on my neck even if I would use padding on the rope?
I need the safe way to try because I live with my parents and if I accidentally manage to CTB they would find my body instead of the police and I have some things left to do or do I wait until I have my things in order and just go for it and hope it works for me?
an attempt to find a sweet spot with a T-shirt or something else leaves no trace. but this is the wrong approach, it is difficult to turn this with a rope ...

Bubble

Bubble

May 16, 2019
Where do you guys plan on doing it? I'm pretty undecided between a tree in some near by woods I could go at night and not be found till at least the morning. (I've checked it out quite a few times). Or doing it at home.