iscrewedup

iscrewedup

hi
Jun 22, 2021
Hello, I'm considering doing this method soon and I was wondering how the convulsions worked once your brain realizes that there isn't any blood coming to it anymore. The place I want to do it in is similar to the image I've attached, which is an open closet. My arms aren't touching the walls of the closet, but they're pretty close to them, and my head is pretty much the only thing above the top of the drawers next to me once I pull down. I'm just wondering if there were a chance for the convulsions to accidentally pull me up. Any feedback would be helpful.View attachment 52706
this art is masterpiece

Reactions: fox_wannabe
P

Paine1

Jun 13, 2021
for me it is the case that I am mentally ill. I've lost everything that gave me in life. have been sick for months. can no longer work. my family's worries are preventing me from going through with it. But I know there's no other way out I am determined. the only question is when. I also realize that I need alcohol and medication to overcome it. I find it difficult sober, but I know that there is no other way out. therefore I think that it will be time soon. but I am interested in how others see it. their motives. unfortunately not many write about it. I am sure that as soon as I actively take the path, I will feel much better. that cheers me up again and again ... hope that is not misleading

B

bigtiredoflife

Aug 4, 2021
I've been looking to ctb so I've been experimenting with NN and partial. It's really weird how hard it is to pin the carotids. Maybe the problem a lot of us have is trying to be precise. Like with blood chokes you just have beefy biceps and forearms going scorched earth on your neck, and over at the NN mega thread people are experimenting with like, caps or potatoes. Idk but I haven't had luck using my fingers. I did experiment leaning into a noose the other day, and usually I get the dreaded head popping pressure, but this time I could still breathe okish, not too much pressure but I felt a weird sense of panic so I backed out. Wonder where that would have gone if I just ignored it…

P

Paine1

Jun 13, 2021
I've been looking to ctb so I've been experimenting with NN and partial. It's really weird how hard it is to pin the carotids. Maybe the problem a lot of us have is trying to be precise. Like with blood chokes you just have beefy biceps and forearms going scorched earth on your neck, and over at the NN mega thread people are experimenting with like, caps or potatoes. Idk but I haven't had luck using my fingers. I did experiment leaning into a noose the other day, and usually I get the dreaded head popping pressure, but this time I could still breathe okish, not too much pressure but I felt a weird sense of panic so I backed out. Wonder where that would have gone if I just ignored it…
Then you were on the right track. therefore I take the medication and alcohol to keep this panic down. only the dosage has to be correct. last time there were too many pills. would be found unconscious in the living room because I just fell over ... I'm trying to do the same thing just with a noose around my neck so that I just tip over and the rest will take care of itself. Hopefully.

B

bigtiredoflife

Aug 4, 2021
Then you were on the right track. therefore I take the medication and alcohol to keep this panic down. only the dosage has to be correct. last time there were too many pills. would be found unconscious in the living room because I just fell over ... I'm trying to do the same thing just with a noose around my neck so that I just tip over and the rest will take care of itself. Hopefully.
It's kinda funny that people fucking around are able to kill themselves but people who are determined are having a tough time. I guess it's because people like us are trying deliberately to die without suffering. It's like a bad joke though….

Reactions: END21_22, D3vnull, Paine1 and 1 other person
P

Paine1

Jun 13, 2021
It's kinda funny that people fucking around are able to kill themselves but people who are determined are having a tough time. I guess it's because people like us are trying deliberately to die without suffering. It's like a bad joke though….
Yes you are right. a shame that it is so. I hope I can do my experiment this week. I'll get back to you before that

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
I cant find a rope..all I can find in supermarkets are thin ropes (clothesline) thats gonna hurt a lot..I am gonna do full suspension...will a bed sheet work? I am 90kg...I am afraid it will tear...but seems pretty strong..
Try a hardware store. Get something 1/2 inch in diameter. Smooth is best.

• Wow
Reactions: Hurt and Solar1703
END21_22

END21_22

Jul 21, 2021
God, reading through this thread every couple of days makes me envy those who have access to firearms. All this hanging stuff is overly complicating and just prolonging my misery. One quick pull of the trigger and I'd be gone by now.

Reactions: Mr blobby, Hybrid, filthyrottendirty and 2 others
puppet_nihilist

puppet_nihilist

cogito, ergo sum
Jan 8, 2021
God, reading through this thread every couple of days makes me envy those who have access to firearms. All this hanging stuff is overly complicating and just prolonging my misery. One quick pull of the trigger and I'd be gone by now.
I envy every other method that others seem to be using, sn or N and firearms too. Hanging is just too demanding as if the very experience of thinking about suicide wasn't strenuous enough on its own.

Reactions: Hurt, settheory, END21_22 and 1 other person
B

bigtiredoflife

Aug 4, 2021
I envy every other method that others seem to be using, sn or N and firearms too. Hanging is just too demanding as if the very experience of thinking about suicide wasn't strenuous enough on its own.
God I feel this. Unfortunately I had to quit my well paying job because it's been the thing driving me to suicide, so I have to find a bridge job to survive on while I try to learn programming related stuff to maybe get a good long term job. I did do an LTC interview, but I gotta wait like 8 weeks to determine if I can get a gun. I guess I'm the meantime I'll keep practicing hanging and see if I can consistently have successful practice runs

Reactions: puppet_nihilist
A

AJC

Sep 29, 2020
Does anyone know how to avoid that "head about to explode" feeling? I'm currently testing this method out but I can't find any position that causes me to black out easily. I've tried with both a 1/8in rope folded over to give 1/4 and also a bed sheet

Edit: I'm also curious if being fat makes it harder to constrict the carotid arteries

Last edited:
Reactions: Hurt and filthyrottendirty
settheory

settheory

Bundle of perceptions
Jul 29, 2021
Does anyone know how to avoid that "head about to explode" feeling? I'm currently testing this method out but I can't find any position that causes me to black out easily. I've tried with both a 1/8in rope folded over to give 1/4 and also a bed sheet

Edit: I'm also curious if being fat makes it harder to constrict the carotid arteries
"exploding head" is probably caused by too much pressure on jugular veins, which are more on the side of the neck compared to carotids, because through them blood flows out of the head. maybe put something hard or soft between whatever is used for hanging and carotids. but i am not an expert on this.

P

Paine1

Jun 13, 2021
i will try today. I have everything I need on site. Alcohol, medication. I'll try tonight wish me good luck!!!

• Hugs
Reactions: puppet_nihilist
M

Motoko

Feb 27, 2020
I think I've found the "sweet spot" on my neck area, but it works only when I lean my upper body towards to about 45 degree angle and tilt my head downward. Then I am able to close carotid. But the problem is that if I lost conscious, my position would move back to standing "still", perpendicular to the ground. Then the rope won't work the same way, because the rope would move up on my neck a little, getting pressure off carotid, and it would put pressure on veins instead. I hope it makes sense what I wrote, sorry if it's not clear enough. Do you know how can i prevent this and make sure my body would still be learning towards, instead of getting back to straight position?

Reactions: WaaaghEnjoyer
P

Paine1

Jun 13, 2021
it didn't work for me yesterday. tried twice but unfortunately I always got pressure in my head. I thought I had the job to make it work, but unfortunately it didn't work. I had the variant standing and then let it hang. maybe it was that? does anyone have any tips?

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Well, I guess this is how I'll ctb, and I'll do partial bc SI always keeps me from jumping anyways, also I don't wanna break my neck X.x Question is, what should I use? I have a plastic string that I stole, but it's very thin, idk if it would be too thin to work? I could also use a bed sheet, I have a blade so I can cut it into smaller pieces if I have to. Witch one would work better? I weight around 50kg and I'm 140cm tall if it matters. Thank you!

B

bigtiredoflife

Aug 4, 2021
Well boys and girls it's been swell, but I got my LTC today. So this week I'll be picking out a firearm and thinking about my personal going away celebration. I wish you guys the best of luck in your search for the ctb holy grail.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Nora Rony, Hurt and chainsofjudecca
soverytired

soverytired

can't **** with the physical world
Jan 5, 2021
Well boys and girls it's been swell, but I got my LTC today. So this week I'll be picking out a firearm and thinking about my personal going away celebration. I wish you guys the best of luck in your search for the ctb holy grail.
i envy you so much

• Hugs
Reactions: Hurt
C

ComHos

Sep 3, 2021
Im having trouble hanging myself. I only gag, cry, spit up, and feel extremely uncomfortable. I am trying low suspension hanging with a neck tie. What am I doing wrong?

• Hugs
-FrozenRobot-

-FrozenRobot-

Let me go...please
Jul 27, 2021
I just thought this information is better off here now, because the original source has been taken down.
If this violates any rules or if the author doesn't want this information to be reproduced on other sites, the admins or mods are free to delete my thread. I hope you don't mind, this is very useful, and it's not my intention to steal Loe's content.
Source and credit: Loe

main-qimg-280555d09229e359da3e30c0205fdfdf-c

Guide to partially suspended hanging:

Warning: Don't try this method unless you're totally sure that:
a) you want to kill yourself
b) that you won't be found for at least 30 minutes after you attempt.

This method is very lethal and quick (quick from your perspective
anyway, as you black out within seconds), but if you're found in time
and 'saved' you can end up with serious brain damage and/or be left a
vegetable.

Why partial suspension?
Because full suspension seems to me to be unnecessary and creates
difficulties. First of all you need to find a place which would hold
your entire weight, which isn't easy, and also you need a stronger
ligature, which isn't always easy to find either. There's nothing
wrong with full suspension, but it may not be a viable method for
everyone, especially if you're looking to use everyday materials from
around the home.

By partial suspension I mean that you hang yourself around the neck
(specifically the carotid artery), and push downwards while kneeling.
This should create enough downward pressure on the ligature to tighten
it and close the carotid artery and stop the blood flow to your brain.
All you need is 3 kilograms of pressure to do this, which isn't much
at all.

Also, with full suspension your entire body weight is pressurizing
your neck, and this would probably be more than enough to not only cut
off the blood supply to your brain, but break your neck as well. I'm
not too sure if that's a good or a bad thing. I do know though, that
statistically people who've attempted via hanging have more often been
found kneeling and partially suspended than being fully suspended.

Where is the carotid artery?
Before you start you have to know this. If you place your hand around
the middle of your neck, around your Adam's apple, with one thumb on
one side and all fingers on the other, you should feel a strong pulse
and heartbeat. If you close your hand now fairly firmly, you'll
probably make yourself pass out. It might be a good idea to try this
to make sure you've got the right spot.

What type of ligature?
You need a ligature that's strong, but not too elastic. It doesn't
have to be very long, 1 meter or more would be plenty. I'd advise
against nylon rope, string, fishing wire, etc.
Neckties on the other hand, are perfect Smile .

It may also be a good idea to lubricate the ligature with soap. This
would help the noose tighten even quicker, especially if you're using
a rough ligature such as a rope. Lubricating it in this way will
increase the friction once you push your head down and tighten the
noose, and could make it a little more effective and faster.

What type of knot?
A slipknot. It's one of the most basic knots around, and you make it
with one end of your ligature. The other end should go around your
hanging place.

Many people have the misguided idea that a hangman's knot should be
used, but they're wrong. A hangman's knot is for a completely
different purpose, and won't work for this method.

Where should I hang?
You should hang from a support which will hold part of your weight.

You should test this by tying the loose end of your ligature around
the support several times, sticking your hand (NOT your head) in the
noose and pushing down with it. If the noose holds, you're fine. If
not, then you'll have to find another spot.

A great and easy place to hang is from the thick horizontal metal bar
which you find in wardrobes in most homes.

When should I do it?
When no one else will be in the same area, for at least 30 minutes.
You lose consciousness within seconds but your body doesn't completely
die for around 15-20 minutes. The extra 10-15 minutes is for
preparation time and just in case.

How?

When you're completely ready, kneel down, stick your head in the
noose, position it around the carotid artery and push downwards with
your head.

Good luck...
Guys, I attempted this. I was found within 10 minutes. I was rescued and taken to the hospital. Thankfully I didn't suffer any permanent damage but my knees did hurt a bit for a few days since my body was balanced by a rope around my neck.
I'm sure this will be my method to CTB in 5 years if my life doesn't turn out as I wish.

Apricity

Apricity

Wizard
Jul 27, 2021
Im having trouble hanging myself. I only gag, cry, spit up, and feel extremely uncomfortable. I am trying low suspension hanging with a neck tie. What am I doing wrong?
Welcome to my world lol. I can't get over the gagging and coughing and abort every time. I really want to try full, but it sounds scary.

Chiisai

Chiisai

To infinity and beyond!
Sep 1, 2021
Welcome to my world lol. I can't get over the gagging and coughing and abort every time. I really want to try full, but it sounds scary.
In trying partial, have you found your sweet spot? Most said its by the jawline while others who found it difficult to pass out said they found their sweet spot just below the throat.

Apricity

Apricity

Wizard
Jul 27, 2021
In trying partial, have you found your sweet spot? Most said its by the jawline while others who found it difficult to pass out said they found their sweet spot just below the throat.
I've tried a few places. Idk what I'm doing wrong.
Edit: i think I'm close. Started getting head pressure and ringing in my ears. Every time i swallowed though the feeling reset. Posted a photo of me with where the rope is when i get that feeling.

Attachments

• Point Blur_Sep072021_045605.jpg
    Point Blur_Sep072021_045605.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
  • Aww..
Cannedbones

Cannedbones

Sing me to sleep
Mar 14, 2021
I felt the urge to gag and cough when I tried practicing partial with the rope dangling over a door. But when i switched tl the closet, it somehow worked.
Probably due to the positioning of my body. How are you doing it? Are you kneeling? Leaning forward?

Chiisai

Chiisai

To infinity and beyond!
Sep 1, 2021
Exploding head
I see. There was this thread that discussed this too and it was mentioned there that if you get that feeling, the tightening of the contraption was not fast enough.

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
If the pressure of the rope is not high enough to compress the arteries you get an exploding head feeling because only the veins are blocked and the blood pressure in your head rises.

Full suspension and a rope not thicker than 20 mm will close your arteries quick and completely and you will pass out within 5 to 15 seconds. If the noose is above your Adams apple there will be no pain in front of your neck.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, WrongPlaceWrongTime and Chiisai
H

Hateyouprolife

Survivalist
Sep 4, 2021
So i have been experimenting with choking myself with hands and often manage to get vision go black, but then returns normal again without releasing compression. What I am doing wrong?