• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, ColorlessTrees, Foresight and 3 others
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
Zero
People barely notice my existence. At least it saves me from the burden of being harassed

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, not-2-b-the-answer, come to dust and 4 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I still wish we had two way ignore. The way I look at it, if I wouldn't want anything to do with the person irl, why should I want to interact with them online? And if I didn't interact with someone irl, it basically would be a two way ignore.

Also, just to clarify, at least a few of my ignores are to make chat fun. Some of the people I ignore frequent chat, and post some very triggering things (for me). They have every right to post what they want, but I wouldn't use chat if I had to see it. That's different than a thread you can choose not to read.

• Hugs
Reactions: dental, not-2-b-the-answer and PreussenBlueJay
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
None, it seems a bit childish to me. If I've got a problem with someone I can ignore them without needing the software to do it for me.

I also like to give people the benefit of the doubt, maybe they're just having a bad day, or that they may potentially better themselves in the future.

• Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, WrongPlaceWrongTime, not-2-b-the-answer and 6 others
miserableforever

miserableforever

Arcanist
Oct 23, 2020

• Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, not-2-b-the-answer and PreussenBlueJay
PreussenBlueJay

PreussenBlueJay

Too short for Frederick William I’s Guards
Jan 18, 2022
Zero. Not to sound cool, but if someone has a criticism of me I want to hear it and self-reflect. I can only grow stronger 😎

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, not-2-b-the-answer, Joey and 4 others
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I only got "you" on ignore :haha::hmph:

• Yay!
Reactions: whatevs
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Zero, though no one has ever harassed me or hurt me to the point where I'd want to ignore them. I don't block people on other social media unless they are dangerous and have done something deeply scarring to me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Life sucks, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
Also, I really am trying to wean myself off the forum.
Yeah, you and me both. I like a lot of the members on here but sometimes its too much.

The only time I ignored someone was during the NY times wave of people who came on here and wrote the typical anti-suicide nonsense. Even then I took them off.
Zero. I think it's because I'd rather be able to see people say mean things about me than have to wonder if they're doing so and live in fear over it. I'm far more likely to be on someone's ignore list anyway.

I've only had one on ignore. They triggered me when I was super sensitive. They meant no harm. I took it off because the trigger was bullshit and I don't want to be that sensitive.
I like these attitudes.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and ColorlessTrees
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
Only one. I think a year and a half ago, he joined the forum for pro-life propaganda.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
Zero. I'm sure it would be different if someone actually harassed or triggered me, but that hasn't happened here yet (and hopefully never will). Overall I mostly just feel like such a shell of a human being, and I'm so ill and have so many issues and have just seen and been through so much bullshit in my life etc to the point where it's almost numbing in certain regards; as a baseline (so, with the exception of being triggered, obviously) it's hard to really get under my skin to the point where I'd go through the trouble of blocking anyone. If I see someone being harassed, someone being hateful or something that's otherwise clearly in violation of the forum rules, I'll report it, but otherwise, if there's something I don't want to read I just scroll past it.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I only have one person on ignore. I'm not terribly happy about it, but I think of not reading their comments & interacting with them as choosing the lesser of two evils. I put them on ignore a couple of weeks ago.
None. I honestly hope I don't have to.
I know the person I have on ignore is saying shit about me, but I don't have the stomach to argue with them. It would feel like jumping into a pool of toxic slime. Also, I really am trying to wean myself off the forum.
Hope you don't leave for good. You would be missed. Unless you are experiencing more harm than good, I hope you stay. :heart:

Last edited:
eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
1, seeing their constant posts was too much

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: Throwawayacc3, derpyderpins, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I wonder how many people have me on ignore 👀

• Yay!
Reactions: ijustwishtodie and moshimoshi
Heartaches

Heartaches

Apologizing for my life and ever entering yours
May 6, 2021
None, I forget that option exists and I don't have a problem with most users. I manually skip over their posts or threads if I'm not in the mood and that's it.​

Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Adrenaline junkie
May 9, 2024
None but maybe I should add FC to the list

• Aww..
  • Yay!
  • Informative
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, idk3 and SuicidalOrganism
Saturn_

Saturn_

Arcanist
Apr 22, 2024
None, initially I thought an ignore was similar to a block. But since it isn't like that, I don't really see the point in ignoring anyone on here. It's just more work to expand ignored comments because I still want to see the full conversation even if there are a few people I'm not partial to on this site.

Even then, I wouldn't really want to make a big deal out of the fact that I don't like them. Used to have a Twitter account with maybe 800-900 followers, and the sheer amount of anxiety and animosity on that website from the constant drama, for the SMALLEST transgressions nonetheless, probably heavily contributed to me wanting to neck. I think it's healthy and a part of growing up and maturing to accept that there are people who will always disagree with you, and that you can't always get rid of them. And it's good to build connections with people who are different from you, who come from different walks of life. It can be good to just realize you don't like someone and then let it go. I can easily coexist with people I don't like. And maybe my opinion can change over time. People aren't static.

Reactions: ForgottenAgain and goodoldnoname923
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
No offence, but this is not a very nice thread. It could potentially hurt peoples feelings, but that is just my opinion.
Oh how time changes peoples approaches to things….

• Yay!
Reactions: ForgottenAgain and DefinitelyReady
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
A good few, but it doesn't block their threads which sucks; and just seeing that they've commented on a post that I'm about to and I have to see that they're "there" but not see their content is stupid... and counterproductive. I don't what the issue is why we can't have a full "block."
I
Zero. I think it's because I'd rather be able to see people say mean things about me than have to wonder if they're doing so and live in fear over it. I'm far more likely to be on someone's ignore list anyway.
I smell... I smell... "unnecessary paranoia"...👃
'Achoo!" 🤧

Last edited:
  • Yay!
  • Informative
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and Valky
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023

If I don't like someone, I simply don't read their comments and/or I don't interact with them in any way.
Or I just make fun of such a person and don't take him seriously.
I do not practice this principle only here, but in all places.

The second issue is that I am an enemy of censorship, even if it is theoretically very harmless.
I don't like shutting people up with whom I disagree.
Because even such people may have something interesting to say from my perspective.
It's just that if something/someone irritates me a lot, I ignore it, as I mentioned above.

If I'm participating in a discussion that starts to trigger negative emotions in me, I simply leave it.
I don't like spitting on the monitor, especially since I won't convince the other person anyway.

I don't have many "good" character traits. I'm actually a piece of shit.
But I think I can say that I have mastered the art of ignoring other people very well.
Of course, this is not always a "good" character trait, but it is extremely useful.

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie and moshimoshi
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
a few, for my own piece of mind B)

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: dental, moshimoshi and QueerMelancholy
avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
A baker's dozen.

The main reason for adding users to my ignore list is to keep track of, what I consider to be, bad characters. Negative thoughts linger in my mind and drastically bring down my mood for quite some time to come. So I'd rather not see them—out of sight, out of mind.

Usually people land on my ignore list when they post pro-suicide insinuations or exhibit hostile behavior for no reason.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
QueerMelancholy

QueerMelancholy

Mage
Jul 29, 2023
No one currently. The people who annoy me the most tend to go away rather quickly.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Zero. Had a few disagreements but even to that our situation is similar so it's sort of moot. That's why we are all here lmao. I think this site is the only place where it's very hard to ignore/block people due to the subject matter.

People get pissed at you and they get it (well I do). Even I vent every now and then. It's not some stupid job or my toast got burned or stuff like that.
A baker's dozen.

The main reason for adding users to my ignore list is to keep track of, what I consider to be, bad characters. Negative thoughts linger in my mind and drastically bring down my mood for quite some time to come. So I'd rather not see them—out of sight, out of mind.

Usually people land on my ignore list when they post pro-suicide insinuations or exhibit hostile behavior for no reason.
I think that's quite hard here given that a lot of people are depressed, mentally stressed, etc - so negative aspects are always going to be at the forefront here.

The second paragraph - yeah they can fuck off. It's the whole "if I can do it you can". I love to throw back at them "hey I got cancer through bad genes so you have it too right? I mean if I got it that means that experience applies to everyone right?" lol.
When I read that it reminded me of this scene from Billy Madison LOL:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: avoid, ijustwishtodie and Dr Iron Arc
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
I
I smell... I smell... "unnecessary paranoia"...👃
'Achoo!" 🤧
All my paranoia is unnecessary, until it works, which it could some day…

Oh god I've never seen this movie or this scene but it's legitimately making me panic a bit wondering who I've unintentionally wronged and need to apologize to... 😅
First, that makes me feel old af so thank you for that. Second, an adam sandler movie is meant to teach airheads commonsense in a way they can understand. Also they're all friends irl and Steve Buscemi will do anything for a laugh cause he's awesome. Third, only Columbine cowards have lists like that.

• Wow
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
First, that makes me feel old af so thank you for that. Second, an adam sandler movie is meant to teach airheads commonsense in a way they can understand. Also they're all friends irl and Steve Buscemi will do anything for a laugh cause he's awesome. Third, only Columbine cowards have lists like that.
I'm also old but just not too familiar with any Adam Sandler movies except for like Click and Hotel Transylvania. 😅

I feel like I could still know people with such a list or maybe they'd just have a milder list just of people who've wronged them.

• Wow
Reactions: DefinitelyReady