motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
When Pandora opened Pandora's Box, she let out all the evils except one: hope. But without hope to accompany all their troubles, humanity was filled with despair. It was a great relief when Pandora revisited her box and let out hope as well.
It's clear from the myth that hope is an evil...

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, esclava and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
VivantMort

VivantMort

PleromaKenoma
Jul 28, 2021
It's clear from the myth that hope is an evil...
Yep I agree but imho evil is a heavily loaded word not to be used lightly and in my view it's a bit extreme to tar hope as evil, but the philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche would definitely agree with you. In his book Human, All Too Human, Nietzsche interpreted the myth by saying that "Zeus did not want man to throw his life away, no matter how much the other evils might torment him, but rather to go on letting himself be tormented anew. To that end, he gives man hope. In truth, it is the most evil of evils because it prolongs the torment of man."
~ F. Nietzsche

btw, i don't mean to be so pedantic with all the quotations but hopefully (lol) they are useful in elucidating ideas and such... they generally help me to make sense of these types of things and def have more insight about such matters than i do for sure. Anyway, genuinely hoping y'all are doing as well as can be.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and Death_the_kid
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
btw, i don't mean to be so pedantic with all the quotations but hopefully (lol) they are useful in elucidating ideas and such... they generally help me to make sense of these types of things and def have more insight about such matters than i do for sure.
Tragedy is clean, it is restful, it is flawless... In a tragedy, nothing is in doubt and everyone's destiny is known. That makes for tranquility... Tragedy is restful; and the reason is that hope, that foul, deceitful thing, has no part in it. There isn't any hope. You're trapped.
-- Jean Anouilh, Antigone

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: patheticpartner, OnlyTheWind and VivantMort
iftheworldwasending

iftheworldwasending

My prayer is that when I die, all of hell rejoice.
Sep 26, 2020
the title of this thread made me cry. hope is a dangerous thing.
the most dangerous.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and VivantMort
VivantMort

VivantMort

PleromaKenoma
Jul 28, 2021
"Our human compassion binds us the one to the other -- not in pity or patronizingly, but as human people who have learnt how to turn our common suffering into hope [expectationless optimism] for the future." +Nelson Mandela

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: plough22, patheticpartner and Death_the_kid
plough22

plough22

Living but not really, just surviving
May 1, 2020
Hope is the only thing that keeps me going, hope that I'll feel better, that the future is there. If no hope then I know I'll have to leave also. I feel that I will CTB but not yet

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and VivantMort
P

PDAnnie2610

Waiting for my bus.
Oct 27, 2019
I'm just waiting for 11 Nov.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner