• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

rigbone

rigbone

Apr 7, 2024
From what I understand, this vendor is using the same photos for all the listing regardless of the model.
I wrote to the vendor to confirm the connection type for this first stage regulator, but they just won't seem to respond back.
Rigbone can confirm, but i think the model number is 4046190. Its the US version.
Also be aware the mask is a separate purchase. There appears to be 2 models shown. The 'P' variety is the one to use.
The 'RA' is a negative pressure one & screws into the mask.
(PM me if you more questions & for more vendor discussion)
Yes, the vendors I have looked at all tend to use the same picture for all of their listings, and it doesn't always match up with what you are actually buying. Correct, the part number is 4046190.

@albstr1403 Tightening the CGA-580-346 adapter to the tank is the only time you will need the wrench. Everything else is hand tightened, or snaps into place without tools.

Sorry for not responding sooner. I have been out for a couple weeks and didn't have computer access. I am still catching up on the posts that I missed.
1) I'd say loosen the straps a good bit...put the mask on, then pull the straps tight. That video by the mask manufacturer, shows how they recommend donning the mask. Chin first, pull on straps, etc. I'd say practice with it, to get the feel.

2) Yeah I think the post is referring to prefilling the regulator and hose line up to the demand valve. That demand valve is the part that fits into the mask port (plugs in). They come with a button that locks & won't let air/gas thru. In its intended use (fire fighting) its so one doesnt waste air while not wearing the mask etc. Practice with it as well.....put on the mask...insert the demand valve (dont attach to tank)....you'll be able to breathe thru it. If it doesnt allow you to breathe thru it, press that lock button (big red one).

3) 80cf is just redundant...its like packing a weeks worth of clothes just for a weekend vacation. Some posters (gas monkey I think) have said that 40cf would work.
These masks & ldv valves let in quite a bit of air (or gas) per inhale breathe. Normal breathes are about 10-15 times per minute.
The air cylinder tanks (for fire fighting) that usually are used in this system are about 4 or 6 L in size. They last for 30-40 minutes. This is about the size of a 40cf cylinder. A 6L cylinder holds about 1600L of air...which is about 57cf...it lasts for 41 minutes (according to manuf website data)
For this scba method, this amount of time is not needed. I think only 5 minutes is needed.
@devils~advocate pretty much covered everything. The only thing I can think of to add is that, in addition to the controls available for adjusting the gas coming in, you can also adjust how much force is needed to push gas out of the mask (talking here about the Dräger FPS 7000 P EPDM mask. I'm not sure about the other Draeger mask models).

Open up the exhalation valve cover by pressing in on both sides and pulling out

Now pull out the red exhalation valve spring by gently unseating both of it's hinges and pulling it out. You will see a fine metal spring that has some of it's turns fastened into the red plastic. The more turns of the spring you fasten down, the less spring pressure there will be on the exhalation valve, making it easier to exhale while wearing the mask.

Last edited:
devils~advocate

devils~advocate

Feb 29, 2024
Good information explaining how this works on the mask. I wasnt aware of the correct procedure to do this.
Is there a manual or videos that explains this and other operations dealing with the mask & the scba system?

albstr1403

albstr1403

I’m tired
May 25, 2024
Yes, the vendors I have looked at all tend to use the same picture for all of their listings, and it doesn't always match up with what you are actually buying. Correct, the part number is 4046190.

@albstr1403 Tightening the CGA-580-346 adapter to the tank is the only time you will need the wrench. Everything else is hand tightened, or snaps into place without tools.

Sorry for not responding sooner. I have been out for a couple weeks and didn't have computer access. I am still catching up on the posts that I missed.

@devils~advocate pretty much covered everything. The only thing I can think of to add is that, in addition to the controls available for adjusting the gas coming in, you can also adjust how much force is needed to push gas out of the mask (talking here about the Dräger FPS 7000 P EPDM mask. I'm not sure about the other Draeger mask models).

Open up the exhalation valve cover by pressing in on both sides and pulling out

View attachment 142806

Now pull out the red exhalation valve spring by gently unseating both of it's hinges and pulling it out. You will see a fine metal spring that has some of it's turns fastened into the red plastic. The more turns of the spring you fasten down, the less spring pressure there will be on the exhalation valve, making it easier to exhale while wearing the mask.

View attachment 142807
Thanks!

rigbone

rigbone

Apr 7, 2024
Good information explaining how this works on the mask. I wasnt aware of the correct procedure to do this.
Is there a manual or videos that explains this and other operations dealing with the mask & the scba system?
I got this info from the following post: