C

cyberlordsumit

Absolution
Aug 12, 2020
We should prioritize revolutionizing brain scanning and neuroscience. If we ever reach a point where scientists could read our minds clearly enough to determine whether we objectively need to die or are just acting emotionally, then I think it could pave the way for making assisted suicide more legal. Then again, mind-reading technology is a huge breach of privacy and could also be misused in horrible ways...
If we Somehow reach this, Half of the people here wouldn't see their reasons in future. As people would not be fucking up each others brains
And people wouldn't choose suicide over situations or people

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
If we Somehow reach this, Half of the people here wouldn't see their reasons in future. As people would not be fucking up each others brains
And people wouldn't choose suicide over situations or people
That's true too. If EVERYBODY could read minds it would also go a long way in getting everyone to be able to truly understand each other and prevent miscommunication. :hug:

Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
We should prioritize revolutionizing brain scanning and neuroscience. If we ever reach a point where scientists could read our minds clearly enough to determine whether we objectively need to die or are just acting emotionally, then I think it could pave the way for making assisted suicide more legal. Then again, mind-reading technology is a huge breach of privacy and could also be misused in horrible ways...

The problem is I don't think there are "objective" reasons for ctb, it is something very personal and subjective.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and Superdeterminist
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
Disconnected from reality, or in a Western mindset of liberty and having resources?

What about people in countries rife with poverty, overt oppression, and overt tyranny?

I say this with no harshness, it is a myopic discussion.
That's what im talking about??? If you are suffering for external things that can be solved then suicide is not "freedom" You were trapped in a corner with no resources to handle that situation and you are driven to the suicide option because it's less painful. But how in the world can be that called a "choice"

Of course world problems can't be solved in an instant and there will always be someone who want to end their lifes no matter what. Everything have a process to make a change and usually those process are long and painful and it's ok if there's people that can't handle it but instead of wishing them to kill theirselfs maybe it will be ok wishing that things weren't like that? For example if someone is gay in a country that don't allow that and they feel trapped because they can't live the life they want and don't have the options or energy to move to another country I don't think suicide is an option they made of "freedom"

And once again, there are problems that can't be solved. If you are ill I'm ok with euthanasia but right now there's no way to study or ensure anything referal to mental. In the example of the gay person I put above I would prefer they can go to a place to solve their situation instead of going a place to tell them "meh it's fine take your nembutal dose"