• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

forced2live

forced2live

Forced2live
Aug 15, 2022
C
Nitrogen is expensive unfortunately, unless you already own a tank. I paid $300. They are built pretty solid, so it's kind of hard to damage them in transit in a car. Even if it falls over (mine did on the way home), in a car back seat, there really isn't anywhere for it to fall that isn't a soft landing.

40 cubic feet or about 1,000 liters is more than enough to kill you 10 times over with the SCUBA method. I don't know much about exit bags. But then again, I didn't know much about the SCUBA method 6 weeks ago. I read the entire thread and all related threads to get an understanding. If you really want to do this method, it's best to truly understand it, and how it works. Then people can jump in and fill in the missing pieces for you.

I want to do it right, and I have nothing but time on my hands before CTB. So I read everything possible. But once you start reading these long megathreads, you'll find that they get repetitive, meaning these methods really aren't as complicated as you think...because it's all the same instructions, equipment, etc. over and over again.
Can you send send pictures of it ? Let me see.

T

thot88

Student
Apr 11, 2023
I'm very curious about your results, I've seen sellers claiming 99% pure helium on some site so it will be interesting results. I live in Europe maybe the market here is more pure than in the us? I saw one manufacturer in Saudi Arabia which claimed 99% pure Helium too.

I have a thread about my method, it's untested and unorthodox so I wouldn't recommend it before I tried it but I have my reasons.

The tank is not gonna explode, mine survived the postal service in a package, just secure it in the car with something soft.
My source is from Europe as I live in Finland

thegoldengirls

thegoldengirls

Student
Feb 10, 2024
@Tears in Rain ,
I received my Nitrogen cylinder, and before I begin my setup , I wanted to know does the ingredients look legitimate? I appreciate your feedback.
20240304 192851

Reactions: Tears in Rain
Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
That's some quality nitrogen 99.999% pure,ppm means parts per million so 10ppm of oxygen is an incredibly low amount.

How big and how many bar/psi is the cylinder?

Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia

Student
Feb 17, 2024
Part #E1066 (your cylinder) is the US equivalent of #UN1066, or 99.9999% Nitrogen gas. You're more than good.

G

grahf

Broken English from Indonesia
Mar 3, 2024
1m3 is 1000 litres of compressed gas, 2m3 is 2000 litres. Some people have advised to get 600 litres minimum. that's plenty enough for the exit bag and hood.
It's a little bit harder to judge how much inert gas is used in the SCBA and SCUBA methods; some people advise to use 1000+ litres for those set-ups.

Food grade is usually high purity nitrogen, you should get 98%+ purity.

You may not be able to get a SCBA or SCUBA adapter in your region, I don't know if there's one available for the Asian region you live in. If it's hard to get that gear there then it's probably best to go with the hood or exit bag. Both work. Go back over the last 7 or 8 pages of this thread, it has all the info you need about both methods to help you make the choice.
Thank you so much for replying

Have_a_nice_Life

Have_a_nice_Life

Feb 22, 2024
Quite a few of us here including me have the EEBD hood. Its very good. @outrider567 has done multiple tests with it & can confirm that it works. Its better than an exit bag cuz its has an exhalation valve & is much sturdier (though exit bag is also viable). Theres a source on Alibaba who selles the hood for only $20 USD without the cylinder but the connection if different so youll have to modify it to that of your regulator
Hi could you PM me the source please ?

D

dorado14

Mar 6, 2024
Hi, I'm new here. Could someone help me? I bought a 40 cf full Argon cylinder, but when I checked the initial pressure it was 1700 psi. Is that normal? Should the exit bag method still work?

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Hi, I'm new here. Could someone help me? I bought a 40 cf full Argon cylinder, but when I checked the initial pressure it was 1700 psi. Is that normal? Should the exit bag method still work?
Someone mentioned that the argon that delivers in the U.S. from a famous shopping website has gotten a couple of bad reviews about cylinders not being full when buying:
Screenshot 20240306 075818
Screenshot 20240306 0800592

It seems those 40 cu/ft cylinders are usually filled to 2,015 PSI. If yours is 1700psi then that's roughly 84% full(1700÷2015*100).
So, 84% of 40 cu/ft is roughly 33.5 cu/ft of argon.
In litres, 33.5 cu/ft is roughly 950 litres of compressed Argon. Which is plenty enough.

You should set the gas regulator to 25 litres per minute (LPM) with argon. That will give you roughly 38 minutes of gasflow (950÷25).(The PPH says that death occurs in 5-10 mins with inert gas).

Someone here previously posted that argon at 15lpm with an EEBD hood was a bit suffocating, but 25 LPM was fine:

Last edited:
D

dorado14

Mar 6, 2024
Someone mentioned that the argon that delivers in the U.S. from a famous shopping website has gotten a couple of bad reviews about cylinders not being full when buying:
View attachment 131111
View attachment 131112

It seems those 40 cu/ft cylinders are usually filled to 2,015 PSI. If yours is 1700psi then that's roughly 84% full(1700÷2015*100).
In litres, 33.5 cu/ft is roughly 950 litres of compressed Argon. Which is plenty enough.

You should set the gas regulator to 25 litres per minute (LPM) with argon. That will give you roughly 38 minutes of gasflow (950÷25).
Someone here previously posted that argon at 15lpm with an EEBD hood was a bit suffocating, but 25 LPM was fine:
View attachment 131111
View attachment 131112

You should set the gas regulator to 25 litres per minute (LPM) with argon. That will give you roughly 38 minutes of gasflow (950÷25).(The PPH says that death occurs in 5-10 mins with inert gas).

Thank you for the help! (^_^)/) That's a relief. I actually got it from a (cyber)welding supplier. :P

If I were a hobbyist welder, I would definitely be annoyed though...

N

needout

Mar 3, 2024
Help needed please...Iv recently decided on attempting to use the inert gas method, being new here but looking at methods it seems the sn route is dead unless your in the loop and being new,i ain't .so as much as il find it difficult iv made a final decision after reading and some advice on inert gas method.so i started to acquire the equipment needed for a gas/exit hood method.il be using a eebd escape hood with its hose connected to argon bottle,easier to acquire than nitrogen bottle for me,long story..i have the hood ordered and should be here in a week.i have had to purchase a argon regulator for the bottle as it is on hire which was tricky as i know little about welding. Anyhow the argon regulator I got has 2 dials,one for the inlet pressure in bar and the other for the outlet showing lpm ,I read here that using argon may need the lpm rate set at 25lpm,the second dial easily does that but the extra flow meter I brought(float type) only goes to 15 lpm.my query is do I actually need it as the second guage on my regulator seems to display the flow rate lpm or am I better adding on another float style flow meter with a higher lpm reading for more accurate flow control.the regulator itself is high enough quality, figured no point in buying any thing cheap when it gets one chance to work to get me out of here.any help or thoughts most appreciated,after this it's somehow connecting the eebd hose to the regulator,it's 1.5mtr long so im hoping it doesn't need extended with joints while may give leak troubles.once i get the hood delivered il know the exact size of pipe at least to work out the connection to the regulator,it has 3/8 rh thread connection point.getting this together is tricky but it's a case of shit or get of the pot time asap.cheers guys

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240306-190953.png
    Screenshot_20240306-190953.png
    993.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240306-191037.png
    Screenshot_20240306-191037.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240306-191059.png
    Screenshot_20240306-191059.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240306-191604.png
    Screenshot_20240306-191604.png
    399.4 KB · Views: 0
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
i have had to purchase a argon regulator for the bottle as it is on hire which was tricky as i know little about welding. Anyhow the argon regulator I got has 2 dials,one for the inlet pressure in bar and the other for the outlet showing lpm ,I read here that using argon may need the lpm rate set at 25lpm,the second dial easily does that but the extra flow meter I brought(float type) only goes to 15 lpm.my query is do I actually need it as the second guage on my regulator seems to display the flow rate lpm or am I better
The flowmeter might be a little more accurate, but the regulator with the LPM gauge is fine.
Screenshot 20240306 202627

Yes, make sure you use 25LPM with argon.

after this it's somehow connecting the eebd hose to the regulator,it's 1.5mtr long so im hoping it doesn't need extended with joints while may give leak troubles.once i get the hood delivered il know the exact size of pipe at least to work out the connection to the regulator,it has 3/8 rh thread connection point.getting this together is tricky but it's a case of shit or get of the pot time asap.cheers guys
1.5 metres hood hose should be plenty long enough.
You just need to cut the connector off the end of the hood hose, and then attach it to the gas regulator hose barb with hose clamps.

N

needout

Mar 3, 2024
Thanks,I may just use the regulator as it is and use the flow guage on it for feeding directly to the hood rather than adding more complications to the equation.argon being heavier than air hopefully won't be to overwhelming to breathe, although being you last few breathes i guess it hardly matters

Pikmin

Pikmin

Mar 6, 2024
Can anyone give me some guidance of decent regulator for Nitrogen? Having difficulty finding one with a 1/2 connection for the PVC tubing, as well as a flowmeter that has L/pm on it. Thank you.

W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
So I was wondering..

-If you checked for leaks like months ago do you have to recheck them if you want to use the setup? They don't unscrew that easily?I use a quick coupler with the 3m Scott hood.

-Is lying down really worse for co2 purging and where did @GasMonkey get all that information?

N

needout

Mar 3, 2024
Anyone and experience of using an eebd hood?on further reading of the Tec manual for the one I ordered it seems to operate at 35lpm,im not sure if the mouthpiece has a regulator in it.now I'm using argon which I will set at 25lpm recommended,does anyone know if the mouthpiece will accept the lower pressure being delivered to the hood or does the hood intake valve only open at the 35lpm rate,bit of a tech question but cant really ask the manufactory of it given the use for it.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Anyone and experience of using an eebd hood?on further reading of the Tec manual for the one I ordered it seems to operate at 35lpm,im not sure if the mouthpiece has a regulator in it.now I'm using argon which I will set at 25lpm recommended,does anyone know if the mouthpiece will accept the lower pressure being delivered to the hood or does the hood intake valve only open at the 35lpm rate,bit of a tech question but cant really ask the manufactory of it given the use for it.
The mouthpiece of these hoods doesn't have a regulator. The regulator is usually located where the hood hose enters the air tank.(try and buy just the hood and hose).
Screenshot 20240307 100526

Most of these hoods have an inlet valve allowing the air/gas in, and an exhalation valve for the exhaled CO2.

The PPH used 25 LPM for tests it did on a hood/helmet. I would use 25 LPM nitrogen/argon/helium with a hood.
15LPM is probably fine for nitrogen/helium with an exit bag, 25lpm for argon.

PPH hood/helmet:
Screenshot 20240307 1103332
PPH exit bag with nitrogen:
Screenshot 20240307 111817

Reactions: FreeSpirit1Love
N

needout

Mar 3, 2024
Thankyou,I'm hoping so,iv already found out the hose length is now only 1 meter rather than 1.5meter claimed so that makes distance to cylinder very tight,I will have to do this in my car unfortunately,so could be tricky to place the cylinder close behind my front seat or passenger foot well and get the distance needed ,once I pass out I don't want the bottle falling over so probably have to tie it in place

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Can anyone give me some guidance of decent regulator for Nitrogen? Having difficulty finding one with a 1/2 connection for the PVC tubing, as well as a flowmeter that has L/pm on it. Thank you.
If the size of your barb is 1/4"(6mm), then you need Oxygen tubing or PVC tubing(1/4"ID).In theory,1/4" barb is for hose/tube with 1/4" ID but one of the members said it's hard to connect 1/4" ID to 1/4" barb.You can buy PVC tubing with 3/8" ID and if the connection is not tight enough,use a hose clamp.

If you can't find a nitrogen regulator with flowmeter gauge, or floating ball flowmeter, you might be able to get a click-style nitrogen regulator:
Screenshot 20240307 114507

If in the U.S. or U.K. you can use an argon regulator with nitrogen, it has the same cylinder connection.(you can't do this in Germany/EU countries with DIN connection. Not sure about rest of the world that have different cylinder connections to U.S./UK).

thegoldengirls

thegoldengirls

Student
Feb 10, 2024
So, I have my setup ready and it feels so surreal that whenever I'm ready to do this, I just have to simply do it.
I want additional room for practice so I also purchased a 40 cu ft tank of Nitrogen that I will be picking up locally.
Things I've noticed is that constructing the exit bag is actually harder than figuring out the mechanisms of the cylinder. It's pretty self explanatory, installing the regulator,etc.
The tubing that comes with the regulator is HEAVY,
So, finding the perfect placement in taping the tube to the bag was a very clumsy experience.
Once the tubing is taped in, trying to hold the bag above my head along with the taped heavy tubing was a quite an inept experience.
The bag takes longer to fill up than I imagined.
So, the taped heavy tubing, holding the bag above my head like a shower cap, while waiting for the bag to fill up before pulling down, and tying the bag once down ...while coordinating the proper breathing pattern surprisingly takes some experience.
I pulled down the bag before it could even fill up to full capacity because like I mentioned, the bag takes quite a bit of time to fill up, and I didn't want to waste too much gas.
That's why this additional tank will give me more than enough gas to practice so that I can get a hang of doing this successfully. I do think I'm overthinking this and will just go for it soon.
My oxygen did drop a bit to 93 and that was without the bag being completely full.
I did not feel too much SI, maybe because I knew I was practicing.
It was more so my fear of wasting too much gas that was making me nervous. I felt slightly woozy and a knot on the side of my neck developed that went away. The neck pain threw me off a little, I found that strange. Maybe that was just an isolated incident. The sound of the gas is not as loud as I thought it was going to be.
I will hopefully practice again before tomorrow and ctb.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: thewalkingdread
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
So, I have my setup ready and it feels so surreal that whenever I'm ready to do this, I just have to simply do it.
Yeah, when you have everything you need to potentially end your existence, things get very real.
It's a big decision, you're either ready or you're not.

I want additional room for practice so I also purchased a 40 cu ft tank of Nitrogen that I will be picking up locally.
Things I've noticed is that constructing the exit bag is actually harder than figuring out the mechanisms of the cylinder. It's pretty self explanatory, installing the regulator,etc.
Yeah, I've seen others mention that making the exit bag isn't as straightforward as the how-to videos make out. Did you use an elastic band for around the neck of the bag, or a sports headband/sweatband?

The tubing that comes with the regulator is HEAVY,
So, finding the perfect placement in taping the tube to the bag was a very clumsy experience.
Once the tubing is taped in, trying to hold the bag above my head along with the taped heavy tubing was a quite an inept experience.
If the hose is too heavy, maybe switch to pvc/vinyl tubing. You don't want something heavy pulling down on the bag.

The bag takes longer to fill up than I imagined.
So, the taped heavy tubing, holding the bag above my head like a shower cap, while waiting for the bag to fill up before pulling down, and tying the bag once down ...while coordinating the proper breathing pattern surprisingly takes some experience.
I pulled down the bag before it could even fill up to full capacity because like I mentioned, the bag takes quite a bit of time to fill up, and I didn't want to waste too much gas.
The PPH says it can take about 2 minutes for the exit bag to fill:
Screenshot 20240307 155956

That's why this additional tank will give me more than enough gas to practice so that I can get a hang of doing this successfully. I do think I'm overthinking this and will just go for it soon.
It's good to practice as much as possible.
Get as comfortable as you can with the setup.

My oxygen did drop a bit to 93 and that was without the bag being completely full.
I did not feel too much SI, maybe because I knew I was practicing.
It was more so my fear of wasting too much gas that was making me nervous. I felt slightly woozy and a knot on the side of my neck developed that went away. The neck pain threw me off a little, I found that strange. Maybe that was just an isolated incident. The sound of the gas is not as loud as I thought it was going to be.
I will hopefully practice again before tomorrow and ctb.
Nerves are normal, good luck with things!

thegoldengirls

thegoldengirls

Student
Feb 10, 2024
Yeah, when you have everything you need to potentially end your existence, things get very real.
It's a big decision, you're either ready or you're not.

Yeah, I've seen others mention that making the exit bag isn't as straightforward as the how-to videos make out. Did you use an elastic band for around the neck of the bag, or a sports headband/sweatband?

If the hose is too heavy, maybe switch to pvc/vinyl tubing. You don't want something heavy pulling down on the bag.

The PPH says it can take about 2 minutes for the exit bag to fill:
View attachment 131293

It's good to practice as much as possible.
Get as comfortable as you can with the setup.

Nerves are normal, good luck with things!
Yes. I think I might switch the plastic tubings, the regulator tubing will make my attempts more clumsy than needs be.
I used the elastic band for the bag, and yes... SI is no joke, that's why I will have an alcoholic beverage to lower my inhibitions.

N

needout

Mar 3, 2024
Words of warning..some eebd rescue hoods iv discovered are actually made from non airtight fabric (fairly breathable actually)which may cause leakage on air pressure and flow restricted hoses fitted , although the gas goes into the mouth piece it does not have a means to keep it in place once you pass out,this may or may not be the most reliable way with gas,it may or may not be as safe as an exit bag, hard to say as there are a few types of hood but all are not equal once you check deeper
into technical spec.this may need some rethinking

Justnotme

Justnotme

Mar 7, 2022
Are there any of you guys who were only given a receipt for the purchase of an inert gas cylinder?
I mean, I was not given a document that confirms the quality of the cylinder and the quality of the gas. They just gave me a check and that's it.

Has anyone encountered such a problem?

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Words of warning..some eebd rescue hoods iv discovered are actually made from non airtight fabric (fairly breathable actually)which may cause leakage on air pressure and flow restricted hoses fitted , although the gas goes into the mouth piece it does not have a means to keep it in place once you pass out,this may or may not be the most reliable way with gas,it may or may not be as safe as an exit bag, hard to say as there are a few types of hood but all are not equal once you check deeper
into technical spec.this may need some rethinking
Are you looking at a hood from one of the Chinese websites, like in Vizzy's EEBD hood guide? He ctb'd with those yellow EEBD hoods.
Download
Are you worried about the nitrogen/inert gas escaping out the fabric?
Both the inner mask and hood itself will be full of nitrogen. Any oxygen initially in the hood will be pushed out by the nitrogen.
Once you pass out, the inner mask will still be snugly against your mouth.
See pics of hood inner masks:

Chinese Alibaba hood:
Screenshot 20240307 2028072 Screenshot 20240307 202812

Draeger CF:
Screenshot 20240307 202820 Screenshot 20240307 202815

Scott ELSA:
Screenshot 20240307 202803

Reactions: FreeSpirit1Love
N

needout

Mar 3, 2024
Hi, unfortunately the hood I ordered isn't that one,I have a feeling the one I have is more of a rescue hood and very basic materials, permeable fabric and a very simple mouth piece ,it's a Scott rescue hood,so it appears to be designed for a very short time period and not a full eebd /elsa type,also the flow restricted hoses thats fitted seems to possibly be problem ,I'm also using argon as it designed to be fed via a rescuers own air supply,when i get it i have some mods to do on it,who knows.

G

grahf

Broken English from Indonesia
Mar 3, 2024
Don't try to use a flow meter for argon and use a conversion factor to nitrogen. Why? Because every manufacturer has a different conversion factor, you might be using the wrong one.
Can anyone explain to me why you cant use flow meter for argon, or anyone can explain how iam using flow meter for argon for my nitrogen

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Can anyone explain to me why you cant use flow meter for argon, or anyone can explain how iam using flow meter for argon for my nitrogen
You can use an argon regulator (with flowmeter) on a nitrogen cylinder if the cylinder connection for nitrogen in your region is the same as an argon cylinder connection.

So, for example, in the U.S.(CGA580 connection) and the UK(B.S. 341 No. 3 connection), the cylinder connections for nitrogen, argon, and helium are the same type of connection. So an argon regulator will fit a nitrogen cylinder in these countries.
But for other regions, like Australia, and Germany (and some EU countries with the same DIN connection as Germany), the nitrogen cylinder connection is different to an argon and helium cylinder connection. So an argon regulator will not fit a nitrogen cylinder in those countries.

So, if you want to know if an argon regulator works with a nitrogen cylinder, find out if nitrogen and argon cylinders have the same valve connection in your country.

If you use an argon regulator with a nitrogen cylinder, then you have to make adjustments in the litres per minute (LPM) gasflow, as the two gases are a different weight/density. But it's not that much of a difference. Setting an argon flowmeter to 15LPM gives 18LPM nitrogen; 20LPM on argon regulator gives about 25 LPM nitrogen. Either is fine.

Last edited:
N

No_To_Life_Slavery

Mar 6, 2024
I guess it's the thought of running out of Helium too soon and waking up with long term damage that terrifies me.
Have you thought of not only doing 1 method, but 2 or even 3 as back-ups? Like drining SN right before you pull the hood over your head?
PM me for one extra method (physical & timed mechanism [for conce you're unconscious & as a back-up]) that I recently "invented", that's not out there yet (as far as I know). It's basically: a construction for timed partial hang!ng. I think ctb not only by chemical method(s) would give me some sort of peace & trust in that I'm prepared even if one fails. Chemical methods sometimes seem a bit unpredictable to me (since you can't just directly see how it' happening, other than when it's physical).

Remember: mental prep is super important too. Vividly visualize & go though each step mentally regularly. Also: recent studies have shown that self control can get "used up" and self control and 'awareness of internal conflict' (in this case: being aware of how much you want to ctb & how much you "want" to take off the hood again) are "the same thing" - here the info source (by Healthy Gamer GG).
Maybe you can even hancuff yourself once the hood is over. Until you've brought yourself to handcuff yourself, you might already have passed out.