• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
No problem.
Yes, they used oxygen masks. But as you'll see from the study, while 4 out of the 5 people died in 5-10 mins, one took about 40 mins. They believe this was due to the oxygen mask not creating a tight enough seal. The mask could not be adjusted by anyone apart from the 5 people themselves.

This is why it is advised not to use oxygen masks, because they don't provide a perfect seal. But they obviously can work.
That's why it's so intriguing! Those oxygen mask which is portrayed in the study are not designed for 100% air seal. If a badly suited mask works for 4/5 in the study, a better mask designed for the task would certainly be more effective.

Their mask use a reservoir bag in front of the mask similar to me setup, their failure is the air seal. I also suspect the bad air seal is to combat overpressure issues.

Its comforting to see a similar setup work so efficiently.

Reactions: thegoldengirls
thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Life is a pointless, undeserved, unnecessary pain.
Oct 30, 2023
The patients took 36-55 seconds to go unconscious.
I think this is a reasonable estimate. The testing I've done suggests this is an accurate time frame.

Your anxiety is perfectly normal.
No matter what method you choose, the S.I. could be hard to beat. S.I. has prevented people from pulling a trigger on a gun.
If the wait with the bag on your head proves too much for you, then other methods like SN may be more suitable.
I don't understand much about the SN method but I think If one can't wait for 30-60 seconds in order to black out with inert gas, then it will be harder to wait for 10 minutes after ingesting SN...

SI is a bitch to overcome, no matter what's the method. Granted that in some methods it will be harder than others...

Ultimately, to get over S.I. you have to be desperate enough to ctb. You have to be truly at peace with leaving this world.
Yes. This is true. I don't believe people really "want" to die... Afterall, dying is not considered to be a joyful experience by most people...

It's just so happens that — for whatever reasons! — one's will to not continue living anymore finally wins.

Last edited:
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
A little update.
I'm feeling slightly discouraged. I attempted my Nitrogen exit bag method today but failed because I think the heavy regulator tubing I have taped inside the bag is just too dense and is probably weighing down the bag even though the bag does inflate. But it inflates slowly.

After pulling down the bag, I panicked after three breathes, and after seeing that my oxygen was not plummeting as quickly as I would have liked.
Tomorrow, I will switch out the heavy regulator tubing to the plastic tubing. I just need to purchase a pvc tubing size that accommodates the gas outlet...or I just might wing it and duck tape the medical tubing I already have from work to it.

It's definitely a must having backup gas because sometimes attempts might not go as smoothly as imagined, and that's not counting practice runs. So, I'm thankful to have the two gas cylinders because I feel like I already wasted at least 10-15 minutes worth of gas already.
One thing I learned is that ctb attempts can be very draining. I get so tired afterwards.
Building up the courage to attempt is one thing and requires energy and willpower.
Then I finally attempt, and fail because I'm not unconscious as quickly as I want, hence the panick feeling and taking the bag off. So, I just feel disappointment right after.
Then I feel like I don't have the energy to try until the next day because with failed attempts comes the additional work of troubleshooting; trying to figure out what I did wrong so that I could fix until I attempt again. So, days gets wasted as well.
Not saying this method is ineffective, just more than likely something I'm doing wrong. At least I know it's probably the tubing that maybe causing issues. At this point I invested quite a bit into this method, including taking days off of work, so, I still have hope.
'Your oxygen level was not plummeting as you would like' remember that there is a ten second delay--I took my Hood off when I saw my Oxygen level drop to 80(after about 4 or 5 breaths, 20 seconds), but it continued to drop all the way down to 46 before rapidly recovering

thegoldengirls

thegoldengirls

Student
Feb 10, 2024
That's why it's so intriguing! Those oxygen mask which is portrayed in the study are not designed for 100% air seal. If a badly suited mask works for 4/5 in the study, a better mask designed for the task would certainly be more effective.

Their mask use a reservoir bag in front of the mask similar to me setup
, their failure is the air seal. I also suspect the bad air seal is to combat overpressure issues.

Its comforting to see a similar setup work so efficiently.
You're using a mask for your setup? Which one?

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
You're using a mask for your setup? Which one?
A gas mask, specifically a Swedish forsheda f2. The details are in my tread

color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
I don't understand much about the SN method but I think If one can't wait for 30-60 seconds in order to black out with inert gas, then it will be harder to wait for 10 minutes after ingesting SN...
With inert gas, you're sitting there with a bag over your head, feeling kind of foolish. As you wait, you listen to the gas pouring in, knowing that it will ultimately kill you. It's like a scene from an Alfred Hitchcock suspense thriller. All that puts your anxiety level through the roof, which, in turn, thwarts your ability to fight your SI. Much less drama with SN.

thegoldengirls

thegoldengirls

Student
Feb 10, 2024
It doesn't really matter how you put the soapy water on the connections to check for leaks, I guess some people found it less messy using a spray bottle. Once there's no bubbles showing after the soapy water is put on, then there's no gas leaking out.

Hi @thegoldengirls,

Yeah, S.I. can be a tough nut to crack for most people. One of the reasons people don't go for the inert gas method is due to the length of time waiting to go unconscious after pulling down the bag/hood/mask.

From what I've seen posted here, it can take about 30-60 seconds to go unconscious with the exit bag or hood. Maybe about 15 seconds with a SCBA or SCUBA mask.

I get it, 30-60 seconds can seem a long time if S.I. starts kicking in. One poster a few months back, @DyingToDie123, was only able to get to about 15-20 seconds before ripping off their hood:

SCBA/SCUBA might reduce the time down to maybe 15 seconds, based on what a couple of people said after doing blackout tests. But like you said, they're expensive set-ups.

SCUBA blackout test.

SCBA blackout test.

You might have seen a study paper, previously linked here, done on a helium trial by the Swiss assisted dying organisation Dignitas. They normally use Nembutal for their assisted dying patients, but once trialled helium hooked up to oxygen masks on 5 volunteers. The patients took 36-55 seconds to go unconscious.
(One took a lot longer to die than the others- this was put down to the oxygen mask not being a tigh enough seal).
This table from that study gives you an idea of the length of time to loss of consciousness with inert gas:
View attachment 131943

Your anxiety is perfectly normal.
No matter what method you choose, the S.I. could be hard to beat. S.I. has prevented people from pulling a trigger on a gun.

If the wait with the bag on your head proves too much for you, then other methods like SN may be more suitable.

Ultimately, to get over S.I. you have to be desperate enough to ctb. You have to be truly at peace with leaving this world.
Yes, SI is so terrible. I'm considering upgrading to a Eebd setup. Just looking at it, it doesn't look so claustrophobic and hot as opposed to plastic bag.
I've read a few threads about it, and it seems like it would be more comfortable than the bag.
I found one online.
Screenshot 20240314 191759 Samsung Internet
With the EEBD hood, is it just the hood that is needed? I would just connect that to the Nitrogen tank?

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Yes, SI is so terrible. I'm considering upgrading to a Eebd setup. Just looking at it, it doesn't look so claustrophobic and hot as opposed to plastic bag.
I've read a few threads about it, and it seems like it would be more comfortable than the bag.
I found one online.
View attachment 132143
With the EEBD hood, is it just the hood that is needed? I would just connect that to the Nitrogen tank?
I guess the hood might be a little less claustrophobic, there will be a bit more space in front of your upper face. But it's still covering your entire head, and the length of time to lose consciousness may still be 30+ seconds.

But if you want to try it, you just need to get mini hose clamps, to go with the hood. You cut the metal connector off the end of the hood hose, and then attach the hose to the regulator hose barb with one or two small hose clamps/clips.

H

HorriblePain

Apr 15, 2023
I read in the PP book that "A 2-liter gas cylinder provides a suitable gas source." But it says in the same paragraph: "When filled under pressure, these small, take-home cylinders contain around 400 liters of nitrogen."

I have been looking for a prefilled tank. I found one that says: "Nitrogen (N2) 221 Liter Cylinder 99.999% Pure".

If the cylinder only needs to be 2 liters then this is more than enough. But, if it needs to be 400 liters then this is only about half what is needed. I am confused. Please help. Thank you.

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
I read in the PP book that "A 2-liter gas cylinder provides a suitable gas source." But it says in the same paragraph: "When filled under pressure, these small, take-home cylinders contain around 400 liters of nitrogen."

I have been looking for a prefilled tank. I found one that says: "Nitrogen (N2) 221 Liter Cylinder 99.999% Pure".

If the cylinder only needs to be 2 liters then this is more than enough. But, if it needs to be 400 liters then this is only about half what is needed. I am confused. Please help. Thank you.

The important variable here is not how big the volume of the tank but rather what pressure is it under. The tank you mentioned is at 100bar, but the one in PP is at 200bar. Twice the pressure and twice of amount of nitrogen.

Always look at the amount of uncompressed gas rather than the size of the tank. I use a 5 liter tank at 200bar which is about 1000 liter of uncompressed nitrogen.

H

HorriblePain

Apr 15, 2023
The important variable here is not how big the volume of the tank but rather what pressure is it under. The tank you mentioned is at 100bar, but the one in PP is at 200bar. Twice the pressure and twice of amount of nitrogen.

Always look at the amount of uncompressed gas rather than the size of the tank. I use a 5 liter tank at 200bar which is about 1000 liter of uncompressed nitrogen.
Thanks for your response. How can you tell from the information I gave that the tank is at 100 bar? I looked at the website and it doesn't give that information about any of its tanks. In fact, the only information it gives is "Nitrogen (N2) 221 Liter Cylinder 99.999% Pure" So I am wondering how you figured it out just from that information. Thanks again.

Coconteppi

Coconteppi

It was a cool lil place. Just missing something :)
Mar 14, 2024
Sorry to get in the way of y'alls conversation. :P But I was looking into using N rather than SN to CTB due to the somewhat scarce access to SN. I live in Texas and it sounds as though N is far more accessable for my location. Not necessaruly asking for sources. But can anyone explain to me the restrictions and methods surrounding getting a container and N? Also, from what I can tell an EEBD Hood can be bought from just about anywhere without problem correct?
Hope this isnt too much to ask! :P

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
Thanks for your response. How can you tell from the information I gave that the tank is at 100 bar? I looked at the website and it doesn't give that information about any of its tanks. In fact, the only information it gives is "Nitrogen (N2) 221 Liter Cylinder 99.999% Pure" So I am wondering how you figured it out just from that information. Thanks again.
I must have missed the tank you mentioned didn't mention the size, and assumed it was 2 liter bottle. But assuming the bottle was 2 liter 2 liter x 100 bar is approximately 200 liter of nitrogen. I would advise finding a bigger tank of nitrogen.

Sorry to get in the way of y'alls conversation. :P But I was looking into using N rather than SN to CTB due to the somewhat scarce access to SN. I live in Texas and it sounds as though N is far more accessable for my location. Not necessaruly asking for sources. But can anyone explain to me the restrictions and methods surrounding getting a container and N? Also, from what I can tell an EEBD Hood can be bought from just about anywhere without problem correct?

I'm not sure about Texas but i heard you can either buy online a prefilled tank or buying one at a hardware store. 99% nitrogen is used in welding and in food industry. If they would ask use any of those for an excuse, nitrogen is not anything you should need to explain in detail.

The hood is an emergency rescue hood with a legitimate use in different applications, nothing strange. Our use is quite uncommon in the context and the suppliers probably don't know our use.

Coconteppi

Coconteppi

Mar 14, 2024
I must have missed the tank you mentioned didn't mention the size, and assumed it was 2 liter bottle. But assuming the bottle was 2 liter 2 liter x 100 bar is approximately 200 liter of nitrogen. I would advise finding a bigger tank of nitrogen.

I'm not sure about Texas but i heard you can either buy online a prefilled tank or buying one at a hardware store. 99% nitrogen is used in welding and in food industry. If they would ask use any of those for an excuse, nitrogen is not anything you should need to explain in detail.

The hood is an emergency rescue hood with a legitimate use in different applications, nothing strange. Our use is quite uncommon in the context and the suppliers probably don't know our use.
Has anyone here bought it in person in the US. And wouls be comfortable explaining what the process is like and if they asked questions. I kinda suck bad with lying lol. Like real messing bad lol. :P

H

HorriblePain

Apr 15, 2023
Thank you for being so helpful. I found another tank. This one has more details:
550 Liter Cylinder (E)
Contents: 550 liters (19.5 cu. ft.)
Pressure: 2200 PSIG
Outlet: CGA 580
Weight: 12.9 lbs.
Dimensions: 4 1⁄6" x 20 1⁄2"
D.O.T. Specs: E8990 NRC
Disposable tank

Based on that information, do you think this tank would be adequate? The website has an email for getting more information but I don't know enough about tanks to even know what to ask or how to word it. Would I say "is this tank 100 bars or 200 bars?" or should I word it some other way? Thank you again for taking the time.

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
Thank you for being so helpful. I found another tank. This one has more details:
550 Liter Cylinder (E)
Contents: 550 liters (19.5 cu. ft.)
Pressure: 2200 PSIG
Outlet: CGA 580
Weight: 12.9 lbs.
Dimensions: 4 1⁄6" x 20 1⁄2"
D.O.T. Specs: E8990 NRC
Disposable tank

Based on that information, do you think this tank would be adequate? The website has an email for getting more information but I don't know enough about tanks to even know what to ask or how to word it. Would I say "is this tank 100 bars or 200 bars?" or should I word it some other way? Thank you again for taking the time.
The pressure is actually stated in the specs, 2200 PSIG which equals to 151 bar. But as I said before the important information is how much nitrogen the canister holds. In this case 550 liters which will last you 36 min at 15/lpm. Which method do you intend to use?

Have you checked the purity of the nitrogen? PP states purity at least 98%

Other than that is looks good, I personally would prefer a bigger tank for practice runs at checking the setup.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Has anyone here bought it in person in the US. And wouls be comfortable explaining what the process is like and if they asked questions. I kinda suck bad with lying lol. Like real messing bad lol. :P
You may not get asked why you need it. You could say you/a relative needs it for beer brewing, or welding.
Here's one girls experience of buying nitrogen:

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Send me a PM if you want more info

Reactions: Coconteppi
Coconteppi

Coconteppi

Mar 14, 2024
Send me a PM if you want more info
Thank you so much! :) I'll keep this in mind. But am currently still working to talk enough on here to even be able to PM yet. But I'll send a PM your way when I'm able to :) Thank you again for being so kind :)

thegoldengirls

thegoldengirls

Student
Feb 10, 2024
I guess the hood might be a little less claustrophobic, there will be a bit more space in front of your upper face. But it's still covering your entire head, and the length of time to lose consciousness may still be 30+ seconds.

But if you want to try it, you just need to get mini hose clamps, to go with the hood. You cut the metal connector off the end of the hood hose, and then attach the hose to the regulator hose barb with one or two small hose clamps/clips.
View attachment 132149
Thanks for the information.
Meh, after thinking it seems like it's not worth the hassle if unconsciousness is as slow as the exit bag. I'll look for another alternative, browse e-bay and probably invest in Scba.
This is the cheap option.

Screenshot 20240316 094626 Gallery

This one below is a little over 2000 USD.
Screenshot 20240316 112306 Samsung Internet
I'd be willing to invest in this. I will look through Gasmonkey's posts to study further.

Last edited:
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Thanks for the information.
Meh, after thinking it seems like it's not worth the hassle if unconsciousness is as slow as the exit bag.
I honestly don't know if there would be much difference in the time taken to lose consciousness with a hood versus an exit bag. Probably not much.

I'll look for another alternative, browse e-bay and probably invest in Scba.
This is the cheap option.

View attachment 132278

This one below is a little over 2000 USD.
View attachment 132289
I'd be willing to invest in this. I will look through Gasmonkey's posts to study further.

Have a look at the SCBA megathread. It shows why @GasMonkey advised against hooking up a SCBA mask directly to a gas regulator. Basically, because the inner mask is small and has a low inner volume, you would need a high LPM flow to keep up with each inhalation of nitrogen. He more or less advised that anyone going with the SCBA method to buy specialised SCBA regulators.

The top mask above does not have a specialised regulator. If you buy something like that, use a high LPM flow.

The SCBA megathread mentions recommended SCBA masks & regulators, and potential prices.

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
Have a look at the SCBA megathread. It shows why @GasMonkey advised against hooking up a SCBA mask directly to a gas regulator. Basically, because the inner mask is small and has a low inner volume, you would need a high LPM flow to keep up with each inhalation of nitrogen.
One could almost say that a solution to this problem is a reservoir between the mask and the nitrogen 👀

Reactions: Tears in Rain
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
One could almost say that a solution to this problem is a reservoir between the mask and the nitrogen 👀
Your comment about a reservoir rung a bell with me, I remembered @GasMonkey saying something about that. After doing a search I came across some of his posts about hooking up a mask directly to a regulator, and he mentioned a reservoir:
A mask connected to a flow regulator is not viable unless you use a huge flow rate or it has a reservoir bag in the middle (like Non-ReBreather masks) to be able to meet the demands of inhalation. A mask doesn't have enough inner volume to act as a reservoir. Also CPAP masks are not good CTB.

If you like masks the way to go is SCBA or SCUBA which work on-demand.
Other implementations: good old ExitBag, constant flow hoods, EEBD hoods.​
That's not a SCBA mask, that's a constant flow mask. A mask connected to a flow regulator is not viable unless you use a huge flow rate or it has a reservoir bag in the middle (like Non-ReBreather masks) to be able to meet the demands of inhalation. A mask doesn't have enough inner volume to act as a reservoir. SCBA and SCUBA masks work because they are connected to a demand valve that pumps all the gas needed on-demand. Constant flow masks are used connected to air pumps at very high flow rates.​
So it seems like your method of a reservoir between the regulator and mask is in line @GasMonkey's advice.

I know nothing about the use of a reservoir, you seem to know what you're doing in that regard.👍

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
Your comment about a reservoir rung a bell with me, I remembered @GasMonkey saying something about that. After doing a search I came across some of his posts about hooking up a mask directly to a regulator, and he mentioned a reservoir:

So it seems like your method of a reservoir between the regulator and mask is in line @GasMonkey's advice.

I know nothing about the use of a reservoir, you seem to know what you're doing in that regard.👍
I'm just more determined to make my method work out of principle than practicality. I could have gone the usual route, but since I already had the mask I worked around it instead.

But in theory if a reservoir works as good as the other methods, it would ad accessibility since many struggles to find the right adapters and regulators for scba or scuba.

On the other hand, a reservoir setup would involve drilling and connecting hoses and bleed valves to successfully making it work. I would anticipate that would refrain people from going this route since assembling parts is way easier then building a reservoir.

But it would probably be a cheaper option then scba/scuba and ad more variety of face masks one could use.

Reactions: Tears in Rain
thegoldengirls

thegoldengirls

Student
Feb 10, 2024
I honestly don't know if there would be much difference in the time taken to lose consciousness with a hood versus an exit bag. Probably not much.

Have a look at the SCBA megathread. It shows why @GasMonkey advised against hooking up a SCBA mask directly to a gas regulator. Basically, because the inner mask is small and has a low inner volume, you would need a high LPM flow to keep up with each inhalation of nitrogen. He more or less advised that anyone going with the SCBA method to buy specialised SCBA regulators.

The top mask above does not have a specialised regulator. If you buy something like that, use a high LPM flow.

The SCBA megathread mentions recommended SCBA masks & regulators, and potential prices.
Holy moly.

Now I understand why some are deterred from this method.

I maybe a little confused, but a specialised regulator like this?

Screenshot 20240317 091430 Amazon Shopping

Looking at an image of Gasmonkey's setup, I can't seem to place if the item above is another variation of the piece circled in Gasmonkey's setup below? So, getting the item above would work?

It takes me time to process new information when I'm learning so if I'm way off, please anyone correct me.
166445 13 Flow restrictor
-So, the Atmosphere Scba mask M complete
-Pressure gauge
-Scba diving pressure gauge
An estimated price of minimum 2600 USD. Wow.
I already have the Nitrogen tank.
-The air to Nitrogen adapter alone is 80 bucks! 😲
Makes me think twice about this, but according to posters on here, the time for unconsciousness with Scba is quicker, hence, SI not really being a factor...so there's an advantage.

I think what's more intimidating is if when I get all the components to do this set up, will it be self explanatory as far as putting things together goes. Before I make any rash decisions, I would just read up on the threads more.
I would definitely want to start ordering things this week.

Have you @Tears in Rain used SCBA in your setup, or the standard exit bag?
I wonder what chances are of having SI with this setup, it would suck to spend all this money only to have the same obstacle I have with the exit bag.
The thing with CtB is that if one invests in different methods under the guise that they'll be gone anyway, so who cares about the debt. But having the methods not work, while piling up debt is no fun. 😔

Last edited:
Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
I wonder what chances are of having SI with this setup, it would suck to spend all this money only to have the same obstacle I have with the exit bag.
The thing with CtB is that if one invests in different methods under the guise that they'll be gone anyway, so who cares about the debt. But having the methods not work, while piling up debt is no fun. 😔
What would you say is the biggest hurdle of SI that's bothering you? Is it the co2 levels in the bag rising, claustrophobia or the fact you making an active decision to die which makes you abort.

A hood would fix the co2 levels and the heat you mentioned, but not really the claustrophobia or the decision making.

As for a mask setup I don't find those methods particularly claustrophobic or restrictive, but I had some experience wearing one under different circumstances.

Practice would make it easier but that would involve using an air tank for scuba,scba.

My plan to combatant SI is doing it in the night when I'm really tired, not making a huge deal out of it. But for that mentality I need to be sure about my equipment, knowledgeable about how to use it and how it works. Finally determined and calm to make the final decision since it will require some mental powers to either put on the bag/mask.

As for the scba/scuba setup, I would ask myself. Do you wish to change because of the quicker time to lose unconsciousness it benefits? Or to avoid the uncomfortable parts of the bag, claustrophobia, hot, co2.

thegoldengirls

thegoldengirls

Student
Feb 10, 2024
What would you say is the biggest hurdle of SI that's bothering you? Is it the co2 levels in the bag rising, claustrophobia or the fact you making an active decision to die which makes you abort.

A hood would fix the co2 levels and the heat you mentioned, but not really the claustrophobia or the decision making.

As for a mask setup I don't find those methods particularly claustrophobic or restrictive, but I had some experience wearing one under different circumstances.

Practice would make it easier but that would involve using an air tank for scuba,scba.

My plan to combatant SI is doing it in the night when I'm really tired, not making a huge deal out of it. But for that mentality I need to be sure about my equipment, knowledgeable about how to use it and how it works. Finally determined and calm to make the final decision since it will require some mental powers to either put on the bag/mask.

As for the scba/scuba setup, I would ask myself. Do you wish to change because of the quicker time to lose unconsciousness it benefits? Or to avoid the uncomfortable parts of the bag, claustrophobia, hot, co2.
The biggest hurdle of the SI is when the bag is over my head, I feel like I'm gasping for breath or suffocating?
I'm able to take about three breathes before the discomfort becomes unbearable. As if I'm suffocating?
Then, to get relief, I find myself loosening up the bag a bit.
Getting the air from outside the bag is so relieving. I can have the bag over my head with the bag loosened up over my face, Nitrogen blowing in with no problem.
It's when I pull the inflated tightened bag down,(two fingers spaced) that I get that uncomfortable feeling of being suffocated and I get really hot, sweat and then I panick. It's hard to describe.
I feel like the videos of the Dr.Philip Nitschke, he makes it seems so easy. I guess he's a good salesman first. "After two breathes, your unconscious. " Not in my case.
As far as deciding factors, this is something I definitely want to do so it's not a matter of me having second thoughts.
If I know the hood would alleviate that suffocating feeling, I can probably tolerate that.
I think you're onto something, ctb at night right before sleep actually sounds like a good idea.
I'm still weighing my options, but If I get a hood such as this one, are there other compartments I need?
Screenshot 20240317 131047 Chrome

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
The biggest hurdle of the SI is when the bag is over my head, I feel like I'm gasping for breath or suffocating?
I'm able to take about three breathes before the discomfort becomes unbearable. As if I'm suffocating?
Then, to get relief, I find myself loosening up the bag a bit.
Getting the air from outside the bag is so relieving. I can have the bag over my head with the bag loosened up over my face, Nitrogen blowing in with no problem.
It's when I pull the inflated tightened bag down,(two fingers spaced) that I get that uncomfortable feeling of being suffocated and I get really hot, sweat and then I panick.

Well that certainly sounds uncomfortable and stressful, I can sympathize you seek alternatives.

I'm no expert with the hoods but since the nitrogen directly flow in the mouth area and have co2 valves it is a superior setup, comfort wise at least.

The best setup is arguably still scuba/scba but the hood is still an upgrade from the bag.

Other than the hood you will need to connect the hose with the regulator, the hose is often quite short so an extension is often used. There is guides on the hood tread but no major components are needed other then hose clamps and extensions.

PrisonPlanetBreak

PrisonPlanetBreak

Oct 22, 2023
Hey all, can anyone help me with figuring out what the second valve on this regulator does?

I did a test with an exit bag, and the big valve is most definitely the pressure valve. I opened up the cylinder valve, and then started adjusting the pressure to 25LPM (I have an Argon tank), but the hiss coming out of the hose was pretty quiet to what I expected. So the bag was filling up slowly (35x43cm), and when it did eventually fill up, I exhaled completely, pulled down the bag and took a deep breath, which immediately depleted the bag almost completely and then it wouldn't fill back up quick enough. So panic response set in and I had to abort.

Hence I tried messing around with the second valve (the small one). Facing it, I rotated it counter-clockwise until it wouldn't budge, and that's when the hiss coming out of the hose became audibly louder, yet the pressure still read 25LPM for output. So I reset, and when I pulled down the bag and took a deep breath the hose immediately filled it up again. No panic response and vision started going dark after my second breath.

I am asking because I don't know what the second valve does exactly and I am afraid to deplete the tank too fast. @Tears in Rain You seem very knowledgeable on this method, so your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!​