• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Do you consider yourself a misanthrope?

• Yes.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No.

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters
crystal_meth97

crystal_meth97

Nie mam zamiaru się poddać
May 1, 2024
As the title says. If you consider yourself a misanthrope, how do you cope with people in your daily life? Do you try to minimize your social interactions or do you see human connection as a necessary evil, so to speak? What disappoints you the most about humanity in general? Feel free to discuss your view and experiences, I'm curious because it's something I think about often and it sometimes drives me insane.

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Yes, I consider myself a misanthrope. I just don't like people. I don't talk to people in everyday life. I minimize my social interactions because I don't enjoy socializing. I've become a NEET after college and I enjoy the isolation. I have to say that everything about humanity disappoints me. The only positives about humanity are its intelligence, knowledge, consciousness (higher order thinking), creativity, achievements, inventions and scientific discoveries

Last edited:
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Autistic, death will give me peace.
Sep 21, 2022
I'm mostly misanthrope. I don't like most people, I'm a recluse so I usually don't talk to people and minimize interactions.

What disappoints me the most is the bullying, betrayal and bad experiences I had to endure.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
As the title says. If you consider yourself a misanthrope, how do you cope with people in your daily life? Do you try to minimize your social interactions or do you see human connection as a necessary evil, so to speak? What disappoints you the most about humanity in general? Feel free to discuss your view and experiences, I'm curious because it's something I think about often and it sometimes drives me insane.
No. I have a ton of problems with individual people, but at the end of the day I tend to like people generally. If I meet somebody or get to talk to them 1-on-1 it's so much different than in a group. When I was in college I'd be the type to go to a bar and just talk to the other lonely person next to me. I think the more one interacts with others the more they can empathize. I've seen myself have so many faults and issues throughout the years, so I try to recognize that when someone else is doing something I don't like there's usually a reason for it. Some people definitely end up pretty rotten but most are trying their best. And we need people in our lives to function to our fullest; just look at this site and how even people who claim to hate or not care about "people" come on here so that they can be heard and relate to others with similar problems.

What disappoints me the most is that people don't stick with their convictions and fold so easily. Put another way, they are weak and hide themselves from difficulty. It's what lets society slip away from us.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I'm guess I can be kind of misanthropic at times, probably due to socializing causing me a lot of stress and draining me. I wouldn't outright call myself a misanthrope though.

soulkitty

soulkitty

ᵐᵉᵒʷ ᵐᵉᵒʷ ᵐᵉᵒʷ
Apr 6, 2024
No I like probably 80% of people I meet, but there's many times where I don't like talking to people and like to keep to myself. I love being by myself and even though it's unhealthy for me I have a habit of self isolating for very long periods of time. Although there are occasions where I hate everyone and everything usually when my mental health is bad

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
No. I don't consider most misanthropes to be true misanthropes either. So many so called misanthropes only hate humans and humanity because of the way other people are treated. True hatred for humans means taking pleasure in the suffering of others, especially when they're innocent.

Being a misanthrope because of how we've fucked the climate also makes no sense to me since someone who claims to hate humans should be applauding the fact that they're causing their own destruction. In the event that we do so, nature would honestly be perfectly fine without us.

xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
Humanity "the excess" should be dead or transgressed

surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Experienced
Mar 6, 2024
It depends.

I do not hate society in general, but I do not like certain groups within it. That is why I choose to dissociate myself from them—being alone is better than being with the wrong people.

It's quite possible that those "wrong" people see me as a misanthrope

L

lizzywizzy09

May 11, 2024
No. I used to but now I just feel this weird sense of frustration and pity. If anything, I realize now that I'm the problem, not others necessarily.