• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Has anyone thought of going to the rainforest and taking part in a Ayahuasca ceremony in order to heal traumas (not for the sake of excitment)?
I saw a documentary today and have heard before that it could help some people deal with depression and anxiety.

Personally, I guess I might be too traumatized for this, unfortunately.

• Love
Reactions: Ashu and soulkitty
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
If you do make sure you have a legitimate person leading it - as some of them are charlatans making money from it and there have been cases of abuse - so ensure you read the reviews and go somewhere good.

When I did a ceremony there was significant trauma in the group I was in - mine was probably the least of the trauma. People in the group had experienced things such as murder in the family and tbh some of them had worse trauma than that. In my hippie days I would say that sometimes the trauma is what calls people to ayahuasca.

You can also do retreats in Europe and some of the below look good. I did mine in Spain. It did help my mental health - I just did two ceremonies on one retreat. I am cautious to recommend her (they call ayhuasca her) cos she is strong stuff but if you have tried other avenues...

https://www.vine-of-the-soul.com/team

Saying that in an ideal world my first choice for trauma would be mdma plus therapist - though sadly that is not really available yet, but there are some research trials being done that you could apply for...And if you gave me a choice between aya and LSD my choice is definitely LSD. But LSD you can do at home/with friends whereas aya should be with someone experienced leading the ceremony.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
If you do make sure you have a legitimate person leading it - as some of them are charlatans making money from it and there have been cases of abuse - so ensure you read the reviews and go somewhere good.
I m well aware of that. Thank you.
You can also do retreats in Europe and some of the below look good. I did mine in Spain. It did help my mental health - I just did two ceremonies on one retreat. I am cautious to recommend her (they call ayhuasca her) cos she is strong stuff but if you have tried other avenues...
I guess I d want to be in the rainforest for it. Two ceremonies on one retreat sounds too much to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleJem
theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
yes, there are many people who have used it and have had good results. In fact, they say the "micro doses" of psychedelics help. But I really don't recommend it. You can be left with negative mental sequelae.

Reactions: Meteora
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
yes, there are many people who have used it and have had good results. In fact, they say the "micro doses" of psychedelics help. But I really don't recommend it. You can be left with negative mental sequelae.
Hm ok, I see you re from Chile, is it used there, as well?
All I'll say is this: Connor Murphy

That truly seems insane....... scary.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
Has anyone thought of going to the rainforest and taking part in a Ayahuasca ceremony in order to heal traumas (not for the sake of excitment)?
I saw a documentary today and have heard before that it could help some people deal with depression and anxiety.

Personally, I guess I might be too traumatized for this, unfortunately.
People have that anywhere. Just a matter of finding it. Some it changes lives, some it just is the worst trip and regret of their life. Plus the vomiting....

Reactions: Meteora
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023

I watched this documentary recently and the guy seems very.... reliable to me. I like him, like what he says. It makes sense to me.

W

Werewolf.

Student
May 28, 2021
I read that vomiting is inevitable. No thanks, I'd like to vomit as little as possible. I have tried LSD, however and as good as it was the first time, by the third time when I took 400 mcg, I ended up puking my brains out in bed. The craziest thing is that at the time I thought it wasn't me who was puking, but rather someone else and that I was comforting them. Goes without saying that it was the last time I did LSD. Man, you know you're tripping balls when you think someone else is puking instead of you. Hahaha.