Votes: 72 48.3%
  • Both the same

Votes: 27 18.1%

• Total voters
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I like both. I did vote for cats because I like them a little more but I love animals. <3

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mud., Deafsn0w and 2 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
(I think we could use a little light hearted subject in here.
We deal with heavy subjects in here).

I prefer dogs.
I never had a connection with cats.
Plus I hate their claws, they always end up scratching you.

f6576438e86f4194ab680424bd8b367b--dog-rules-the-cutest.jpg

I get that. Cats are different. ;)
I do think it's cruel to declaw a cat … especially if it's outside because it doesn't have a way to defend itself.

Reactions: justanotherday, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mud. and 1 other person
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Cats ftw. I know this won't be well-received, but dogs stress me the fuck out. The barking, the begging for food, they usually don't smell good to me.

I have 18 lbs of floofy love sitting on my lap right now. He feels like a furry hot water bottle, and his purring is incredibly soothing.

I've had cats in the past. I would like to have one now but the planning to CTB eventually stops me. I would be worried about leaving it behind. :'(

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mylifeispointless, Mud. and 2 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
I get that. Cats are different. ;)
I do think it's cruel to declaw a cat … especially if it's outside because it doesn't have a way to defend itself.

Declaws are unthinkably cruel. I can't believe some vets still do that to cats.

Reactions: HitchHiker, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mud. and 4 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
That is interesting, but note it was done in Korea. Toxoplasmosis is much, much less common in first-world countries (that's probably not politically correct and I'm sorry). The CDC says: In the United States it is estimated that 11% of the population 6 years and older have been infected with Toxoplasma. In various places throughout the world, it has been shown that more than 60% of some populations have been infected with Toxoplasma.

To get it from a cat, the cat has to ingest something infected with it, ie, a rodent, bird, lizard, etc. Then, the person cleaning the litter box has to come into direct contact with the infected cat's stool, then practice poor hygiene (no handwashing) and ingest the parasite themselves.

Source: I have been pregnant while owning cats, so I researched this. It's not very easy to get toxoplasmosis.

Thank you for that reply. :smiling: Even though I don't currently have a cat & most likely won't be getting one, it's still good to know. :smiling:

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mud. and Deafsn0w
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
"It's not that I don't like dogs, it's that dogs don't like me!" - somewhat paraphrased, Chris Tucker (I think).

Seriously though, dogs, all of them, seem to hate my guts. Cats, on the other hand?
I had more than one occasion where a stray cat came over, sniffed me a little, and started rolling around like a fluffy mormon and purring like a Hitachi Wand all over me.
One curled up on my nuts and held me hostage for about two hours. How? By reminding me its claws are VERY close to my nuts.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mud., gingerplum and 3 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Declaws are unthinkably cruel. I can't believe some vets still do that to cats.

It is sad. I think some people believe the cat will always be indoors but they do get out accidentally sometimes.:'(

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mud. and Deafsn0w
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
"It's not that I don't like dogs, it's that dogs don't like me!" - somewhat paraphrased, Chris Tucker (I think).

Seriously though, dogs, all of them, seem to hate my guts. Cats, on the other hand?
I had more than one occasion where a stray cat came over, sniffed me a little, and started rolling around like a fluffy mormon and purring like a Hitachi Wand all over me.
One curled up on my nuts and held me hostage for about two hours. How? By reminding me its claws are VERY close to my nuts.

I have also had stray cats that seem to like me as well. Also friends cats who don't like anyone seem to like me. (Humblebrag) ? :wink:
Too funny about being held hostage. :haha:

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mud., daikon and 1 other person
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Me too! Or, "Is that a rat?"

Fuck people who ask such a question! I was teasing.

Little dogs, big dogs, I love em all!

Moony21

Moony21

Experienced
Nov 23, 2018
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mud., not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
DeadlyLiving

DeadlyLiving

I can't fix it, is this where I give in?
Jan 1, 2019
Me too! Or, "Is that a rat?"
Rats make really good pets, they are basically like dogs and can get very affectionate and even learn tricks. However, small dogs deserve love as well and just because they aren't big doesn't mean they are not worth keeping as pet. :)

Bonus: My doggo and cat

Attachments

• IMG-20180221-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20180221-WA0002.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20130909_212648.jpg
    20130909_212648.jpg
    555.1 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: binturong, HitchHiker, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 7 others
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
Rats make really good pets, they are basically like dogs and can get very affectionate and even learn tricks. However, small dogs deserve love as well and just because they aren't big doesn't mean they are not worth keeping as pet. :)

Bonus: My doggo and cat
I believe that. All animals are awesome, really. I like snakes, too. Some of the little ones are so sweet.

And thank you! My dog is extremely friendly and has a really charming personality. She wins even the most reluctant people over.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mud., not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Goats are cute but I have nowhere for one and that would be too much effort to keep one if I did.

My neighbors have pygmy goats. Bear in mind that I live in the 'burbs, folks, not the sticks. The have a teenage daughter they can't seem to say "no" to, so now I get to listen to these poor animals bleating and crying in their too-small enclosure.

It makes me stabby. 20190115 154909

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Broken, Mud. and 6 others
Moony21

Moony21

Experienced
Nov 23, 2018
My neighbors have pygmy goats. Bear in mind that I live in the 'burbs, folks, not the sticks. The have a teenage daughter they can't seem to say "no" to, so now I get to listen to these poor animals bleating and crying in their too-small enclosure.

It makes me stabby.View attachment 5578

These poor creatures :( That can't be true :(

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mud., not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
These poor creatures :( That can't be true :(

I really like my neighbors, and I have thought about making an anonymous phone call to the county, because I'm pretty sure you can't keep goats in a neighborhood like this one. I don't want to get anyone in trouble, but those animals deserve better. I feel so sorry for them; goats should be out browsing and grazing all day, not cooped up in a pen.

Reactions: Bluedew, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mark Edward and 6 others
Moony21

Moony21

Experienced
Nov 23, 2018
I really like my neighbors, and I have thought about making an anonymous phone call to the county, because I'm pretty sure you can't keep goats in a neighborhood like this one. I don't want to get anyone in trouble, but those animals deserve better. I feel so sorry for them; goats should be out browsing and grazing all day, not cooped up in a pen.

I can understand you well. it's a stupid situation. I think that they need a meadow and much more space. not a dog kennel :/ I feel sorry for them

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mud., gingerplum and 4 others
DeadlyLiving

DeadlyLiving

I can't fix it, is this where I give in?
Jan 1, 2019
I think making the call would be a good idea. Their enclosure looks really small and while I don't know much about the care of goats it doesn't look appropriated at all. In the end it is an animal and not a toy, they deserve a nice place and the right care. :)

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mud., gingerplum and 3 others
Mud.

Mud.

Arcanist
Oct 27, 2018
Luna bewerkt

Cat person here.
Meet Luna.

Reactions: binturong, Deleted member 4993, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 7 others
goxua

goxua

Student
Jan 28, 2019
I grew up with cats (Persian, Turkish Angora and Russian Blue) but decided a few years ago to rescue not only a purebred Alaskan Malamute - but also a Siberian Husky/Alaskan Malamute. Each dog weighed more than myself so just imagine me walking these two lol

I loved those two with all my heart and miss them terribly. I just adopted a Burmese kitten recently and her name's Auksė. I love her to death and I spoil her rotten.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
Dog. For a while I thought I was a cat person. Back to dog.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Deafsn0w