• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Here's another good rebirth story. tbh I'm not frightened whatever is waiting for us even if it's nothing, we are all going to experience it.If there is rebirth I don't understand why we go through life with pleasure and pain but we don't remember it in the next life I can't remember sod all, maybe it's got something to do with your intelligence level you have on Earth each time we evolve slightly.

Cheers Geo

• Love
Reactions: adam&eve and DyslexicForeigner
ExitStageLeft

ExitStageLeft

Experienced
Mar 7, 2020
Recall that in Buddhism, "you" do not exist. The prevailing doctrine in Buddhism is anatman, no-self or no-soul. "You" do not even exist moment from moment, and "you" are just a constellation of desires, attachments, influences, conditions, etc., all of which are temporary. Thus, even if "you" are reborn - if "you" subjectively perceive yourself to exist again - "you" will have undergone so many changes from one condition to the other as to not effectively remember any of them anyway; a conscious core may endure death, but it will be so changed as to not functionally be you any longer. And rebirth, among those Buddhists who do believe in it, is seen as a "failure" state - you are reborn because you still possess desires, attachments, and so on.

For Hindus, on the other hand, there is a core self which transmigrates, but this transmigration is not instantaneous, and the physical life is ephemeral. You will undergo so many experiences in the afterlife that your current biological existence will be functionally irrelevant to your future existence, except for the karma which you have cultivated today. There are so many different possible and fundamentally incompatible forms of being in Hinduism that you cannot recall them all, because the memories are incompatible with you as you are now.

In neither view is rebirth/reincarnation taken to be a good thing.

And of course there is the atheistic reincarnation theorem, which I hold to - Poincare's recurrence theorem. Which states that you, exactly as you are, will exist again as the universe cycles through a finite but nearly-unlimited number of possible states. Which, clearly, is not a good thing from your perspective if you're on this forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: adam&eve, Wayfaerer and Jumper Geo
ready 2 go

ready 2 go

done with life
Apr 16, 2020
Honestly thinking about the afterlife scares me. I'm not super religious, but I do believe there's some supernatural being that created the universe. I like to believe in more of a good and a bad place, rather than heaven and hell. And that it works on a sliding scale. You can go up and down in this current life and in the afterlife based on your actions. You could be great in this life, end up in a good place and then be awful there and be sent to a bad place and visa versa. I'm just scared that I'll be punished or something for ctb. Or that my soul will roam the earth and I'll see the aftermath I've left behind.

Reactions: adam&eve and kinzokukae
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Honestly thinking about the afterlife scares me. I'm not super religious, but I do believe there's some supernatural being that created the universe. I like to believe in more of a good and a bad place, rather than heaven and hell. And that it works on a sliding scale. You can go up and down in this current life and in the afterlife based on your actions. You could be great in this life, end up in a good place and then be awful there and be sent to a bad place and visa versa. I'm just scared that I'll be punished or something for ctb. Or that my soul will roam the earth and I'll see the aftermath I've left behind.

I wouldn't be frightened of the afterlife if there is one we will all go to a better place there are a lot of religions that believe in karma and rebirth, so if your good in this life you will be rewarded in the next but others say it's the Soul trying to experience different things happiness, sorrow and pain but there may be nothing in which case watch films before you were born and imagine, you never felt no pain as you never existed so please don't fret we all die eventually..

• Hugs
Reactions: ready 2 go
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
I like Ghost stories so when they come from famous people I find them even more interesting that everyone can have that spooky encounter, your obviously going to get a few who want the media attention or a quick payday, so what one's do you believe, :haha: :haha: :haha:

I had a spooky encounter when I was a young boy I would swear of my life but being on SS no would believe me, lol, but I am telling the truth I was in bed and woke up and there was his glowing white figure no eyes, nose, mouth etc just this solid white figure, I sat up in bed and then I felt really calm and relaxed and laid back down and woke up in the morning it could have been a dream but I am in my late 40's now and nothing like it has ever happened again.

Cheers Geo

Attachments

• ghost_1f47b.png
    ghost_1f47b.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: adam&eve
Sockeye Salmon

Sockeye Salmon

Student
Mar 28, 2018
I want to believe that after I die, the afterlife is something like an endless lucid dream, where I can create and do just about anything. Like a sandbox game and you're the god of your own world. I can create the most perfect experiences, and I can make it so I ignore the fact that this is all made up myself. I guess I'm just trying to make up for the shitty stuff that happened and trying to create a more perfect life, or just doing all the many things that I've never got to do, trying to make up for a life less lived I guess.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Reminisce, adam&eve, sadghost and 4 others
Z

zeroambition

Recovered
Nov 3, 2019
Richard Martini's answer to a question on Quora really gives me comfort:

This idea put forth by some folks - that reincarnation is a "trap" or a cycle that we get "trapped in" - isn't in the research. (That is the thousands of deep hypnosis cases from Dr. Helen Wambach and Michael Newton, and the 45 cases I've filmed). What people consistently say is that we "choose to incarnate." That we choose to come here. That we choose to "take the elevator" down to this planet, and when we're done, we "head back home." (That's not my words, it's what people consistently say under deep hypnosis no matter what their religion or background.)

So if what these thousands of people are saying is accurate - that we choose to incarnate, that we do so with the guidance and suggestions of our loved one and guides, that it reportedly has nothing to do with accumulated "karma" or "debt" - it's worth noting that they claim that we may choose a particular journey that deals with issues that we may want to learn or teach, including "compassion" "courage" "letting go" or other topics like "addiction" (some of the reports that I've filmed claimed they have had multiple lifetimes exploring various topics).

Further that we don't have to return here. We have other "options." So if you don't like the cycle or reincarnation for any reason, there's no one telling you that you have to stay in it. The reports are that everyone chooses to come here - and if someone has a problem with why they're doing it, they can take it up with their guides. ("What was I thinking?" is a common question.)

The only liberation from reincarnation is the kind that we've just done - liberating everyone reading this sentence from the illusion or concept that they're forced to return here. It's just not in the research, and if you don't believe me, check into it for yourself. It's not my theory, belief or opinion these people say these things (that are consistent and reproducible) I'm just reporting.

• Love
Reactions: Reminisce, adam&eve, purplesmoothie and 4 others
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Thanks for reminding me as soon as i see my spirit guide they are going to get a smack in the mouth or I will pull there wings off.

I believe in rebirth I think we have been here before and had good and bad experiences but i'm confused why a soul has to experience raping and murdering babies, I like to think we will reunite with family and friends in the afterlife and be in paradise until we feel healed and ready to return to Earth.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: adam&eve, Krash1990, SeventyNine and 2 others
nervousandanxious

nervousandanxious

Apr 29, 2020
Anyone excited to see what their "life review" or life flashback will be like the moment they are ending their life ? I'm curious what my brain will bring up as a flashback of memories occur while I die. Like if I jump off a bridge I'll have that moment where my life flashes before my eyes as I am plunging into the water. I hope I'll actually have the guts to do it someday tho. I've been considering this for years but I'm scared, nervous, and anxious ! :((

• Love
Reactions: adam&eve, RileyTanaka, DyslexicForeigner and 1 other person
Freudite

Freudite

Apr 28, 2020
I don't believe in the notion of heaven and hell personally. The concept of infinite pleasures or infinite pain just seems too far-fetched for me. Although a good part of me wants to believe that after death there is nothing, my gut instinct always leans towards us just coming back into another life, be it a reliving of this current life or another person entirely.

Everyone here has interesting thoughts and ideas on what happens after death, it's nice to read all the different perspectives.

Reactions: whitetea and Jumper Geo
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

I go on holidays by mistake
May 4, 2020
Just my view, but I believe there's nothing once you've gone, like blacking out drunk, you're just not there anymore only there's no chance of waking up with a bad hangover. At least I really hope this is the case, I'll be mortified if I manage to end it all only to find there's an afterlife. I just to want to switch off like a light, there one minute and then completely gone.

• Aww..
Reactions: purplesmoothie, Wayfaerer, Good4Nothing and 2 others
Corpsegrinder

Corpsegrinder

Weeb Trash Supreme
May 6, 2020
I don't believe in an afterlife or anything but if there is heaven and hell or something i wanna go to neither and just be a ghost that terrorizes people n shit

B

Borabora

May 6, 2020
I like Ghost stories so when they come from famous people I find them even more interesting that everyone can have that spooky encounter, your obviously going to get a few who want the media attention or a quick payday, so what one's do you believe, :haha: :haha: :haha:

I had a spooky encounter when I was a young boy I would swear of my life but being on SS no would believe me, lol, but I am telling the truth I was in bed and woke up and there was his glowing white figure no eyes, nose, mouth etc just this solid white figure, I sat up in bed and then I felt really calm and relaxed and laid back down and woke up in the morning it could have been a dream but I am in my late 40's now and nothing like it has ever happened again.

Cheers Geo
Wow, thank you for sharing your experience. I have heard similar experiences to yours. Hearing/experiencing them makes one think about afterlife.
Hmm I don't know what happens in the afterlife. But I hope it's better than life on earth.
Hi RationalGirl, I don't know either, but it has always interested me since I was a child. I have attached a link from YouTube from a very well known doctor and his research into afterlife. Here it is: Near Death Experience Raymond Moody M.D., PhD.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: DyslexicForeigner and Jumper Geo
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

I go on holidays by mistake
May 4, 2020
Anyone excited to see what their "life review" or life flashback will be like the moment they are ending their life ? I'm curious what my brain will bring up as a flashback of memories occur while I die. Like if I jump off a bridge I'll have that moment where my life flashes before my eyes as I am plunging into the water. I hope I'll actually have the guts to do it someday tho. I've been considering this for years but I'm scared, nervous, and anxious ! :((
I want mine to be like a Rocky montage, with Survivor or Chicago playing - me looking all determined and tough while I have flashbacks of the time I ran 50 metres for a bus. Doo doo doo, getting strong now....

• Love
Reactions: Krash1990, DyslexicForeigner and nervousandanxious
in hell out soon

in hell out soon

Student
Apr 27, 2020
Logically probably nothing. No use for our brains or bones any more.

Emotionally, I'd love to end up in a sandbox universe. Be restored to full health at a certain point in your life but it's a clone of the universe you just left behind and you can shape everything to your will.

I know that probably sounds really megalomaniacal but id have control over something for once. I'd be free of the world I left behind. and I'd be at a situation it wouldn't really hurt anyone else since the clones wouldn't be really real for anyone but myself.

• Aww..
Reactions: Reminisce, Sockeye Salmon, SeventyNine and 2 others
nervousandanxious

nervousandanxious

Apr 29, 2020

Emotionally, I'd love to end up in a sandbox universe. Be restored to full health at a certain point in your life but it's a clone of the universe you just left behind and you can shape everything to your will.

I know that probably sounds really megalomaniacal but id have control over something for once. I'd be free of the world I left behind. and I'd be at a situation it wouldn't really hurt anyone else since the clones wouldn't be really real for anyone but myself.
You sound awfully pessimistic! I've read that book mentioned above too (the Near Death Experiences) and it seems to be reassuring that there is in fact an afterlife! ^_^

in hell out soon

in hell out soon

Student
Apr 27, 2020
You sound awfully pessimistic! I've read that book mentioned above too (the Near Death Experiences) and it seems to be reassuring that there is in fact an afterlife! ^_^

No book will reassure me of how things will go until I experience it for myself unfortunately. I'm awful dubious of just accepting that sort of thing.

Reactions: restingspot

May 18, 2020
I like the eternal oblivion theory and It seems to me that is the most logical one, you simply cease to exist and everything you were just disappears. I don't see how we'd have this kind of "immortal" consciousness that lives on forever, yet sometimes I like to think our loved ones that died are in someway looking over us or protecting us, its a comforting thought. Hell and being tormented and burned for eternity sounds awful, so I hope that's not really an actual thing.

• Aww..
Reactions: adam&eve, sadghost, whitetea and 1 other person
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I don't believe that there's anything after we die. However if there is I put more stock in us choosing our own type of paradise, not living in clouds and angels and all that other stuff. But i'm still leaning towards total oblivion after I die.

• Love
Reactions: Philosykos
Sarainia Angelsong

Sarainia Angelsong

Female, Earth, Depressed
Mar 7, 2019
That part I just really dunno... but I do hope theirs at least pure happiness on the other side!

I mean if I was reincarnated into Minecraft like that in creative mode well yeah that would for sure be a very fun life spawn partner in life and pets, I see your view like I can just imagine for sure

Last edited:
Philosykos

Philosykos

Student
May 30, 2020
I don't believe that there's anything after we die. However if there is I put more stock in us choosing our own type of paradise, not living in clouds and angels and all that other stuff. But i'm still leaning towards total oblivion after I die.
This. I think it's just nothing, like when before you were born. You don't have any memories of that time, nor the first year(s) of your life because your brain hadn't developed to that stage yet. Perception is all in the brain and seeing as that stops functioning with death, my money is on nothing. I'd love to believe in an afterlife, maybe like a neverending dream, that would be nice. Or another sort of existing entirely which we cannot comprehend.

Then again, I do find the thought of nothing strangely comforting. I think Arya Stark put it pretty well in GoT:
'Nothing isn't better or worse than anything. Nothing is just nothing.'

Reactions: sadghost
Krash1990

Krash1990

Student
May 31, 2020
After my 19 yr old brother died when I was 21, he was my best friend, I drank myself to sleep crying the first night. The second big he I prayed and begged God to let me talk to him one more time. That night I awoke in a dark tunnel of sorts. I saw a light at the end of it and I saw a silhouette walking towards me. I walked towards it and we met half way. It was my brother. He told me I couldn't go any further. We sat in the middle of the tunnel and talked for hours. The only thing I clearly remember was my brother telling me it was an accident and that he loved me and would see me again one day.

The details surrounding his death had us worried it was malicious but the police found it was actually an accident afterwards.

I started studying near death experiences to learn what I could.

nderf.org is the largest compilation of NDE's outs there that I know of.
The once atheist doctor who started this found that regardless or religion or culture, the large majority of those that died and came back experience the same thing.

Those struggling with life or CTB should definitely read through the forums there. It gives me such hope that this life is just a training ground or a playground of sorts. Our real home is elsewhere.

• Love
Reactions: adam&eve and lostangel
kinzokukae

kinzokukae

get me out of here
Apr 30, 2020
i've never given too much thought to an afterlife, but i figure it's like sleep. you won't even know you're dead.

sighingspider

sighingspider

Hi, How are you.
May 28, 2020
In Buddhism, and also Eastern Folktale, when you die, you will be reincarnated. But that is if you did kind things to others. If you murder or do things that hurt others, you get to have some time in hell. Before being reborned, you get to drink a memory-wipe soup and get reborned. Depending on what you did, you either stay human or become animals. If you just came back from hell, you have to start from insect level type and work your way up back to being human. I think that is the only reason why people in the past created religion, to tell you to do the right thing.

NomadicWolf382

NomadicWolf382

I want to drift into the lucid dream, endlessly...
Jun 11, 2020
I was raised in a Byzantine Catholic household. Never really was a devout follower, even though said I believed. I looked into several other religions and faiths in my early 20s to early 30s, but found no comfort in any of them. I really want to say that there is some greater force out there, but the more this life goes on, I feel as if I'm becoming more and more atheist :(

Reactions: restingspot
restingspot

restingspot

Lucid Dreamer
May 30, 2019
I was raised in a Byzantine Catholic household. Never really was a devout follower, even though said I believed. I looked into several other religions and faiths in my early 20s to early 30s, but found no comfort in any of them. I really want to say that there is some greater force out there, but the more this life goes on, I feel as if I'm becoming more and more atheist :(
That's how it feels for me. Every religion I've come across is simply man-made. Every spirituality relies on inanimate objects, or things that don't have a conscience. Why place faith in something that doesn't have a brain, that's chaotic?

As much as I want to have faith in something, life has shown me that at best, when we die, our brain will give us one big, last, beautiful dump of a lucid dream. And then it gets cut like a cord. And that's it. That's what scares me the most. Aside from bedbugs, anyway.

WarRunner

WarRunner

Jun 3, 2020
I believe we have before lives before we come down to Earth.

Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
I have a dichotomy of opinions and it's always a struggle between them in my consciousness.

Part of me is nihilistic, believing there is no meaning to anything, that the universe is random, chaotic and indifferent, and that life on Earth is just one of those things that arose out of infinite possibility. This part of me finds comfort in knowing life came out of nothing and will return to nothing. An end to existence is final, and the only true mercy life gives us.

Part of me is spiritual and I've developed my own spiritual identity over many years. I've had many odd experiences, and witnessed others have odd experiences. Some things that have happened cannot be explained away. They were incredibly specific. My spirituality is a coping mechanism for dealing with the world and I'm at least partly aware of my biases, but there are things I cannot tell myself are a lie or wishful thinking.

One of the reasons I haven't already caught the bus is a fear of consequence, that if death isn't final, then it is not the answer to escaping suffering. I [believe I've] seen that consciousness can exist beyond a single individual, and think there may be something of an omniconsciousness.

• Love
DeadButDreaming

DeadButDreaming

Specialist
Jun 16, 2020
I believed in god for the first 20 or so years of my life. Then I read Nietzsche and Schopenhauer and now believe the possibility of God existing is very slim.

We have no free will, so if he condemns the majority of mankind to eternal torture, (the road to heaven is narrow and there are few who find it; the road to hell is broad and there are many who find it), he is extremely cruel.

N

No_more

May 5, 2019
I want the afterlife to be like the verse called Rainbow Bridge. I want to meet up with my pets that have died and we can live happily ever after.

Reactions: Zenpurrz, Meditation guide and WarRunner