Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Anyone in the UK John Cleese will be speaking about the after life on Loose Women, ITV shortly.

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: Disco Biscuit and Homecoming
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I've gone through a ton of existential anxiety going over this again and again...and I've very firmly landed on "I don't know". I'm still trying to find spirituality, if anything like that really exists.

But here's the thing about "nothingness" that I keep getting tripped up on...it can't be perceived, and on the timeline of eternity, an infinite amount of time, I just find it hard to believe that whatever perfect storm had to happen to create "you", a consciousness that you perceive, wouldn't happen again. It could be a number of years that we don't even have a name for because it's so large. But on a scale that long, I almost think the odds on that not happening again is impossible. Hopefully for everyone here it doesn't mean it's the same life, or that you would even be the same person. But maybe it's just the awareness and that's what we call "past lives".

Or I'm just overthinking it.
You could be onto something or I'm misinterpreting it. Could that possibly explain people remembering past lives? Like the perfect storm that would be needed to create you came together again and so there's people who are born again with memories of past lives. I'm just reaching, it's a nice thought.

Reactions: Joey
CatabolicSeed

CatabolicSeed

they/them
Feb 19, 2020
I am an agnostic Jew, and even if I were fully theistic, Jews don't really have a concrete idea of the afterlife aside from there definitely being no hell.

All I want is to reunite with my childhood cat. She passed away in July 2018, and every day without her is like a knifr in my heart. My other childhood cat is very very old and will pass away soon. My only wish is cat reunion.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Disco Biscuit, adam&eve, purplesmoothie and 3 others
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
I definitely hope reincarnation isn't a thing, I don't want another go on this ride, it's shit.

Mind you the way we're going there won't be anything left to come back to before long.

Reactions: purplesmoothie, Xocoyotziin, VIBRITANNIA and 1 other person
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I definitely hope reincarnation isn't a thing, I don't want another go on this ride, it's shit.

Mind you the way we're going there won't be anything left to come back to before long.

There are plenty of other worlds, planes of existence, parallel universes and all that. But you should complain that the ride isn't as advertised. Get your money back! x

Reactions: purplesmoothie, Mixo, VIBRITANNIA and 1 other person
L

LurkerMcGee

Aug 22, 2020
I was raised in a very conservative Christian faith, and in my youth was quite the adherent; I *loved* going to church. That faded as I got older, and while I guess I can't honestly say that I'm a 100% atheist, I do not personally believe there to be an afterlife. I feel you die, are buried/cremated/whatever and that's it. Personally, it's hard for me to wrap my mind around the possibility of billions of souls in heaven, and also in hell and possibly purgatory or whatever. But I absolutely respect people's beliefs that these things exist.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I do not personally believe there to be an afterlife
billions of souls in heaven, and also in hell and possibly purgatory or whatever
But an afterlife does not have to be like one described in a religion like christianity.
There could be an afterlife, but it might have nothing to do with heaven or hell.
It could be some 4-dimensional higher state of consciousness, like people experience when on dmt or something.

Reactions: adam&eve
L

LurkerMcGee

Aug 22, 2020
But an afterlife does not have to be like one described in a religion like christianity.
There could be an afterlife, but it might have nothing to do with heaven or hell.
It could be some 4-dimensional higher state of consciousness, like people experience when on dmt or something.
Absolutely true. I guess bc of my religious upbringing, my mind invariably goes that route. I also think I probably have this belief because the thought of *anything* after this life is painful to me personally- even a higher state of consciousness. And I guess off the top of my head, if there is a higher state of consciousness, why don't we just start there from jump? It seems cruel to have so many people in pain in this physical world, just so they can experience a higher state after. I guess that's the possible point, but damn.

Reactions: adam&eve, overcomingfear and esse_est_percipi
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Yes, I guess you're describing the problem of evil, which is a problem for any view that there is an afterlife, although strictly speaking the problem is how to reconcile an all-powerful and all-good god with suffering.
The best answer is found in buddhism I think, with the idea of karma, reincarnation, spiritual progression etc.

What do you think of the idea of reincarnation?

LenkaX

LenkaX

Maybe there is a hope!
Aug 14, 2020
I believe that the "eternal sleep" after death is just not eternal. It may take a long time of "non-existence" but then you maybe end up in a maternity hospital as a small baby somewhere (it may be this Earth or another world). So this is basically the same as reincarnation. I simply believe that we have something in us which is eternal. So our physical body is like a car but we ourselves are the ones who drive this car. The car will be once burned and forgotten but our essence will continue.

Reactions: adam&eve, overcomingfear, Mixo and 1 other person
Ren Elsie Jewelria

Ren Elsie Jewelria

I sneezed!
Aug 30, 2020
I think I have a (shy) poltergeist at my place. First, he unplugged all the cables during the night, Next day he ripped apart a calendar. I live alone, was sober, couldn't do that. Let's see what happens next.

• Wow
Reactions: adam&eve, Umbreon, TheQ22 and 1 other person
HowSoonIsNow

HowSoonIsNow

" Oh, She was a victim of sweet suicide"
Feb 2, 2020
Idk if there's an afterlife but I genuinely want it to be true, I want to take care of my friends even if I'm no longer alive

Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
I'm getting closer to my final date and I've been having dreams about preparing to move forward with my suicide. It's all I really think about now, like a low hum that is always there in the back of my mind - always present, always audible. I think a lot of us on this thread probably have some good ideas about what is there after we are dead. I am beginning to accept all outcomes - nothingness, reincarnation. The only outcome I don't fully believe is hell but I'm not sure why. I am hoping I'll be reunited with a family member who passed away when I was young and a good friend of mine who also ctb. I probably won't think too much about it if I can try.

Reactions: adam&eve and overcomingfear
Michaelwaev

Michaelwaev

Student
Sep 1, 2020
I think afterlife can be where you need or derserve to go.

albino_elk

albino_elk

im infj with bpd=dysfunctional trash
Aug 25, 2020
There is no word like deserve, i think karma is invented like rligions are

Reactions: Wayfaerer and overcomingfear
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
You know the cliche, "what's the meaning of life?" The answer is so simple that I can't believe so many people miss the mark. The meaning of life is this: There isn't one. Yes, it's really that simple! There isn't any meaning or purpose behind any of it. "Meaning" and "purpose" are human inventions, just like daylight savings time or the Gregorian calendar. Things like "bad" and "good" are all value judgments that we project onto the world that we live in and thus do not exist in any tangible sense. Think about all of the people who have spent so much of their lives meditating and mulling it over yet have gotten no where because they are looking for an answer that isn't there!

And with that, there is also no afterlife. After all, there is no afterlife for amoeba or fungus, so why us? The truth is that we are just a species of hairless ape with a brain complicated enough to generate what we call "consciousness." These hairless apes found themselves in a world with no answers, so they created myths (by jumping to conclusions) in order for them to feel secure and to give themselves "purpose" in an alien world. Some of these early humans had dreams and believed that they were a window into the "other side." Now, we know better. This can be extrapolated to any and all faith-based beliefs that are taken very seriously today for some reason. There is nothing magical or mysterious about life or this universe, it just simply is. Think of all the plagues, famines and wars that have taken place on this earth. They all are just physical processes taking place within a gigantic, meaningless sandbox. Think about the gravity those things have to us. No matter how much they really really mean to us, from the universe' perspective, they just happen. It just simply... Is.

why do mountains exist? Why do waterfalls exist? Why do hurricanes and earthquakes exist? Why do ants, bee's, trees and elephants exist? They all exist because of physics or in the case of living organisms, evolution -- a physical process. Why do we exist? Because our universe is the only one that has the physics to harbor life via a process identical to Darwinian natural selection. This is the only (or one of the very few) universe(s) in which we could possibly have existed in in order to wonder "what does it all mean?" And so we do, in vain.

Last edited:
albino_elk

albino_elk

Aug 25, 2020
Dude take some dmt or go to the astral, you sound boring:Dd

albino_elk

albino_elk

Aug 25, 2020
Boring maybe, but not wrong.
Ok ok father, you always right. You had genesis awakening, you are the knowledge of everything. You always right. Your books don't lie. Oh teach us all The Great One. We are dumb dumb Amen. Where can i donate all my money and life for you?

Last edited:
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
Me, I absolutely hope for reincarnation, I hate being born the way I was, always jealous of women, cant even watch movies or cartoons anymore without envisioning a far better life than the one Im leading. Knowing that I could be far more social than I am right now. I'd never swap genders through shitty pills because I couldnt spit in my parents faces that way, and deep down I would never be natural, heart and soul. Id be haunted by the fact that Ive become a abomination. The thought that all itll take is a little bit of pain, fear, and then the better life is waiting is just too much for me to ignore, its calling me.

• Hugs
Reactions: adam&eve and death137
albino_elk

albino_elk

Aug 25, 2020
You better chose no reincarnation and be everything you want in there. Shapeshifting is easy af there. U nasty boy

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020

Anyone else seen this video yet? What are your thoughts? For me it was actually doing quite well at easing the fear of CTB up until the end of the video where they point out accounts of some people who actually saw terrifying monsters try to guide them into the light instead of more benevolent figures. I wonder if the people who saw those were actually meant to go to "hell" or some close approximation. That alone would actually be quite enough to scare me away from CTB completely if it were true so I could use some encouragement that it can be disproved. :aw:

Reactions: adam&eve, purplesmoothie and Sinkinshyp
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
What I want now is immediately after death for us to know the real truth about who/why/when/how we and matter in general created. After that let decide what we want.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
albino_elk

albino_elk

Aug 25, 2020
I said it once I said it 4times and i'll say it again: do not go to the bright light or do not go to the void, for the sake of love (or hate ,which one you prefer the most). Turn on your imagination and go to the places you want, create places that you want ( places where no one can lie to you or deceive you in any way, eternal orgasm w/e) and be whatever you wanna be. If a creature has appeared next to you just don't listen to that entity and move on. Don't say yes or agree on any contracts they offer you. Do not listen entities who shows you that you did so much bad and you could have been so much better in life ( you are so bad to others blablabla you need to reincarnate ) ,NO. make your own worlds, or go to the rpg world, have sex with budda , be a girl be a man,be both if you want or whatever. its that sismple. Its your consciuosness and no one can judge you "there" except you by yourself. Energy is just energy so why you should judge your own creation if its you who is a master lol. We have so much that they fear us and contain us in these bodies (ofc many of us chosed this life cuz being god 4ever is boring) Peace out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shu
L

LabRat

Sep 14, 2020
No one knows for sure what happens after death, but as someone above said, all options seem nearly equally terrifying.

My person belief is that there is absolute nothingness upon death -- a state akin to being in a deep, dreamless sleep. I've read a number of threads on Reddit from those who have overdosed on heroin/fent, been clinically dead, and then subsequently brought back to life. In almost all of these cases, the user could not discern sleep from death. I supposed there could always be some type of "purgatory," beyond which there is something more

The scariest thought is an afterlife with full, in-tact cognition. I find this extremely unlikely since consciousness and experience is a product of silly brain chemicals.

Even though I don't believe in it, my preferred afterlife would be a form of reincarnation. Yes - the world is generally cruel and selfish, but I think a decent life still can be carved out if you don't follow the prescribed path to a T -- and are dealt a hand that contains something other than 2 and a 7. I'm plagued with mental health issues and physical health issues from the mental health drugs :P. I want another chance at life - one where I'm not wading through waist-deep mud.

S

snowdrift

Sep 17, 2020
I don't believe in much of anything. To me, death is followed by a long, dark sleep, i.e. nothingness. This brings me immense comfort but I also like to find comfort in imagining other things I could find: deceased loved ones, a wonderful utopia, even being a ghost and witnessing the aftermath of my death. Although, if I'm honest, provided that we all indeed get sent to either a good place or a bad place, I'm certainly headed for the latter. And that's fine by me.

M

MariV

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2020
i cant wrap my mind around the concept of nothingness. consciousness is primary, ever present.when we wake from sleep we get the idea that we slept this or that much, but our consciousness is constant. the idea of eternal void seems incomprehensible for me. lets hope we go for something better

Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020

Anyone else seen this video yet? What are your thoughts? For me it was actually doing quite well at easing the fear of CTB up until the end of the video where they point out accounts of some people who actually saw terrifying monsters try to guide them into the light instead of more benevolent figures. I wonder if the people who saw those were actually meant to go to "hell" or some close approximation. That alone would actually be quite enough to scare me away from CTB completely if it were true so I could use some encouragement that it can be disproved. :aw:

Thank you for sharing that video. I can give some input here on a couple of different perspectives. I have looked quite a bit into NDE (near death experiences) due to being on life support twice and having VERY legit mediumship readings of my son. Things that the reader would not know unless they were hearing his words.

Youtube has a ton of videos. There are many about doctors who have had a patients die and be resuscitated. Look up NDE from a doctors viewpoint or something similar. I'll see if I can find any and share when/if I do if you want. The person who died can tell the doctors things that actually happened and the white light, loved ones or spirit guides waiting for them. Doctors who were non believers now believe something is waiting for us after death. There are way to many experiences documented to dispute it. Most of the accounts that I've seen have all said it was a pleasurable experience. I have not heard about grotesque monsters calling to them- that doesn't mean it hasn't happened I just haven't come across it in my research.

My first life support and near death experience ( NDE) I was 18. I had 4 surgeries on my throat over the course of a month for cancer. The last surgery was about 14 hours long. I was hooked up to a hemovac to drain blood from my neck. Apparently the nurse called my mom and said if you ever want to see her alive again you need to come NOW we're loosing her. I had a massive blood clot in my neck from the surgery. Later in life I learned I have multiple blood clotting disorders. They were running through the hallways I think bringing me to where I was to be intubated or surgery room to remove the clot. They were stabbing veins through my leg and foot to try to get blood to put in I think to put a catheter ( one for blood transfusions and quick access to my femoral) they were not able to get any blood. They even cursed because they were frantically trying to get an access. Anyway, I NEVER felt so calm and peaceful. I wanted to go. I don't remember any lights or loved ones I hadn't lost anyone at that point other than my abusive father. I know where ever I was headed it was somewhere I wanted to go. I can't put into words how peaceful it felt. I woke up on life support I can't say how much later I don't remember. I do know I changed. I was not the same person when I woke up. Due to being abused by my father, bullied in school than a punching bag for my daughters father I was a very twisted young lady. I wanted people afraid of me so they wouldn't hurt me. I would tell my friends I'm thirsty and they would cut their arms so I could drink their blood. I said I worshipped Satan. I was so screwed up my mom and step dad made it known if something happened to them like brake failure in their car that I was to blame. I hung out with older folks I was 17 18 hanging out with some serious bad ass bikers in their 30's 40's 50's. People who would bury the next guy who thought it was ok to put their hands on me. I do not know what changed me. I was not the same person when I woke up on life support. Since than I have put more emphasis on love and being more compassionate than a lot of others. I'm the one everyone has always come to with problems. I somehow can sense peoples feeling sometimes. I do not get angry. I haven't become angry with the woman who killed my son in his accident. She became pregnant 2 months later and has refused any contact with me to let me know did my son move. I really wish I could get angry at her it might help my grief. I used to have one heck of a temper prior to that life support at 18. My temper was so bad I broke my hand twice hitting walls. I don't know if my conscious went somewhere and it changed me or if some part of my brain died and it changed me. My 2nd life support was from respiratory failure from emphysema and cold germs in 2013. I can't remember much. They put me into a medical induced coma so the few weeks prior are a blur. I do remember the doctors doing something to my leg. I don't know if I was awake or not. I should have asked them but at the time I didn't think about it. After I woke up on life support that time I had a triple lumen catheter in my femoral. It's quick access and meant for long term life support. I don't know why but I had a very strong feeling I had been with my grandparents. I do remember one of my first thoughts or at least the one I remember was a body in moti0on stays in motion, no idea why I thought that. I can't say that one changed me. I know it made me research dying with dignity and NDE's.

Now Hell- I don't believe in hell. We are there. There is something beyond this existence. I can't tell you for sure what. Between my research about NDE's, the medium readings of my son and having been changed from my life support I do believe we continue. It's a peaceful loving existence.

here is one doc who was not a believer and experienced an NDE " Dr. Eben Alexander is a well-known case of an agnostic scientist who became convinced of the existence of the spiritual "

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MariV, Dr Iron Arc and esse_est_percipi
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
Found an interesting near death experience today

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel and esse_est_percipi
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
I think the problem is that the brain perceives the world through a combination of electrical signals and chemical reactions, and at a point like death it could well be like taking mind bending drugs where things are firing randomly and/or chemical balance is all over the place, so it's like hallucinating.

Also, if you believe something you're more likely to have a positive experience than if you don't believe (like mediums). I have first hand experience of this where I saw a medium and she was utterly rubbish, but the guy sat next to me thought she was amazing, he didn't realise that he gave her ALL of the information she "revealed" to him.

For example, he was as bald as a coot, and he'd already told the medium that the spirit she was talking to was his brother who was a bit of a joker. She said yes, he's making a joke now that I can't quite make out, it's something to do with your head while she rubbed her hand over her hair. She was clearly expecting him to say "oh yes he always called me slap head" or something, but he said "oh yes, he always used to make fun of my really curly and shaggy hair I used to have" - you could see the look of surprise written all over her face - "ah yes, that's it" she said "he's telling me that's what it was".

Anyway if you think about it - your brain has always been encapsulated in your skull, it has never been exposed to the ourside world, to heat or cold, or light or dark, or smells, or touch, or anything - and yet somehow your eyes turn light into electrical signals which travel through nerves to your brain, and your brain turns that into a picture of the world that we think is very accurate.

But how? There is no direct connection between your brain and the outside world, so how the hell does it know what anything looks like, smells like, tastes like, feels like, or sounds like?

And yet our subjective experience is that it is very accurate. It's extremely puzzling if you think about it.

Reactions: WornOutLife and esse_est_percipi