BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
I get the impression, rightly or wrongly, that it's a bit like becoming a civil servant - once you've got your seat on the gravy train you want to make sure you keep it and not risk it by rocking the boat.

One thing that always sticks in my mind is from a guy talking about being a journalist for a major organisation, he said once you get there and you've got your nice solid income you need to become absolutely average or mediocre - no more, no less. Because if you stray from that you lose your job.

So you get your foot in the door, and then you make sure you keep it there by just doing enough to keep what you have.

I know the type you mean....

Med 1524900776 image
no, what i was saying is you can request through the NHS to be seen private!!!! I didn't know it ,but had a friend that told me about it when i had a problem.

the last part of my topic, was a bit misleading. it was just an example of crap NHS!! I couldn't afford Private healthcare, even if i did pay privately for a chiropractor. if that makes sense.

Oh! So you can be seen privately, and this will be paid for by the GP surgery???

Reactions: sufferingalways and Meditation guide
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
So is your back better now, did you get it fixed?

It was left because it was next to my spine, which is a risky operation. I understood this but i did want to know WHAT was up, more than anything. It was more of a discomfort to me, other people it may have been alot more uncomfortable for.

Like it hurt quite alot,but i sort of learnt to live with it, using the physio and the gym.

It doesn't actually hurt much anymore,sometimes it comes back.but years ago it was all the time and i was working, carrying heavy stuff and at the gym alot, so alot more active

Reactions: whywere and esse_est_percipi
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
It was left because it was next to my spine, which is a risky operation. I understood this but i did want to know WHAT was up, more than anything. It was more of a discomfort to me, other people it may have been alot more uncomfortable for.

Like it hurt quite alot,but i sort of learnt to live with it, using the physio and the gym.

It doesn't actually hurt much anymore,sometimes it comes back.but years ago it was all the time and i was working, carrying heavy stuff and at the gym alot, so alot more active
Thanks for replying.
I'm glad it doesn't bother you as much anymore.

Reactions: checkouttime
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I get the impression, rightly or wrongly, that it's a bit like becoming a civil servant - once you've got your seat on the gravy train you want to make sure you keep it and not risk it by rocking the boat.

One thing that always sticks in my mind is from a guy talking about being a journalist for a major organisation, he said once you get there and you've got your nice solid income you need to become absolutely average or mediocre - no more, no less. Because if you stray from that you lose your job.

So you get your foot in the door, and then you make sure you keep it there by just doing enough to keep what you have.

Oh i was told it was possible to go private . but they do not like it if you request it, and will pretty much strike you off their books if you keep trying to do it! The lad who told me had alot of problems with his knee's and had done it himself. I believed him, he's one of them guys that would know this stuff, if you know what i mean!
Thanks for replying.
I'm glad it doesn't bother you as much anymore.

Your welcome. Its weird i just wanted to know what was up. Immediately after they said close to the spine and they don't like to operate i was like....no problem just leave it. It wasn't worth the risk. But its nice to know when you are having these problems and they aren't going away, what's up!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: sufferingalways
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
- Local mental health services are refusing to engage with me because I keep complaining.
No, I regularly speak to mental health services, including my care coordinator. But treatment is so poor that I've asked to go elsewhere now, after 11 years.

- I'm refusing to take medication.
Again not true. What I'm refusing is to be left on the starting dose for several months, even though the psychiatrist instructed my care coordinator to organise a medicine review within 4 weeks of starting the medication, on the starting dose.

- That I'm currently "euthymic".
Totally the opposite!
this is typical really. I don't know why but they routinely say very negative and untrue things about their patients in notes. It seems to be the norm for most of them. These places are staffed by narcissists who not only enjoy labeling people as defective, but engage in backstabbing lies about them. It's not only allowed it is expected and serves the much needed purpose for them, as narcissists, of freely disparaging others who have the misfortune of thinking they will be "helped".

I wish more people understood the real purpose people get these types of jobs and how it serves this purpose for the workers there. I know it sounds odd but realize that labeling people, lying about them, and saying bad things about them behind their backs is a narcissists dream job.

It's a great way to tell yourself you are vastly superior to your clients and can say whatever things you like about them without repercussions. It's huge ego boost for them. Never think you are dealing with sane healthy individuals who have these jobs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frew, sufferingalways, esse_est_percipi and 1 other person
Dystopic_Momento

Dystopic_Momento

Dec 8, 2019
It's really bad here in the US, too - even with the lying on records. I hear you guys even suffer with something similar to our DSM.

Therapy isn't about therapy anymore (if it ever was), it's about controlling the populace and making money from big pharma.

I don't know if it'll make you feel better, but I've found that people who kind of hit on the topic feel good to listen to when you're forced into harmful therapy.

Rather than create links, I'm going to copy and paste the link so you can see where they came from:

Origins of the DSM (and America's crappy diagnosing system did affect other nations)

Abuse in Psychiatry the Truth

Unethical Diagnosing

The Anti Authoritarian Mind

Weaponized Psychology

Political Psychiatry in China today

CIA needs a few good shrinks

How Psychiatric patients became victims:

New York Times article and Nazi Therapists:

The narcisistic therapist:

As for falsified and altered medical records, they're common enough we literally call it "Doctoring". I've had multiple experiences with that. There's really nothing you can do unless you have thousands of dollars and know of an honest lawyer. Stories like this are a dime a dozen:

I'm not saying it's okay, I'm hoping that knowing you're not alone is helpful. One of the gaslighting type things they do (especially in corrupt therapy institutions) is to act like what they just did never happened, or that it's just you.

I'm not sure if they can do this to you, but here in the US they can even take people who are perfectly fine living and place them into involuntary indefinite confinement. Like permanent jail with no hearing:

Baker Acted stories:

An entire psychiatric hospital full of therapists and others were actively participating in this horrifying behavior (and they still are)

How one Florida psychiatric hospital makes millions off patients who have no choice

It's hard to find these, they bury the stories.

Even if you have firsthand accounts of the horrors of this system and drugs they force you on even when the side effects are horrendous, they can force you to shut up by saying it's now your fault if someone hears you and decides "not to get help". This one's supposed to be "fair and balanced" but:

Psychiatrists and the pharma industry are to blame for the current epidemic of mental disorders:

I know I put a lot here, but OMG unethical doctors and therapists and places that get huge government grants to supposedly help the disabled and keep them housed are literally why I'm likely to have to go by the end of October. Homelessness here for the disabled is a death sentence. Otherwise I'd have time.

Thank you for sharing your rant. I hear you, and I empathize.

• Love
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, DyingAlf and whywere
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
It's really bad here in the US, too - even with the lying on records. I hear you guys even suffer with something similar to our DSM.

Therapy isn't about therapy anymore (if it ever was), it's about controlling the populace and making money from big pharma.

I don't know if it'll make you feel better, but I've found that people who kind of hit on the topic feel good to listen to when you're forced into harmful therapy.

Rather than create links, I'm going to copy and paste the link so you can see where they came from:

Origins of the DSM (and America's crappy diagnosing system did affect other nations)

Abuse in Psychiatry the Truth

Unethical Diagnosing

The Anti Authoritarian Mind

Weaponized Psychology

Political Psychiatry in China today

CIA needs a few good shrinks

How Psychiatric patients became victims:

New York Times article and Nazi Therapists:

The narcisistic therapist:

As for falsified and altered medical records, they're common enough we literally call it "Doctoring". I've had multiple experiences with that. There's really nothing you can do unless you have thousands of dollars and know of an honest lawyer. Stories like this are a dime a dozen:

I'm not saying it's okay, I'm hoping that knowing you're not alone is helpful. One of the gaslighting type things they do (especially in corrupt therapy institutions) is to act like what they just did never happened, or that it's just you.

I'm not sure if they can do this to you, but here in the US they can even take people who are perfectly fine living and place them into involuntary indefinite confinement. Like permanent jail with no hearing:

Baker Acted stories:

An entire psychiatric hospital full of therapists and others were actively participating in this horrifying behavior (and they still are)

How one Florida psychiatric hospital makes millions off patients who have no choice

It's hard to find these, they bury the stories.

Even if you have firsthand accounts of the horrors of this system and drugs they force you on even when the side effects are horrendous, they can force you to shut up by saying it's now your fault if someone hears you and decides "not to get help". This one's supposed to be "fair and balanced" but:

Psychiatrists and the pharma industry are to blame for the current epidemic of mental disorders:

I know I put a lot here, but OMG unethical doctors and therapists and places that get huge government grants to supposedly help the disabled and keep them housed are literally why I'm likely to have to go by the end of October. Homelessness here for the disabled is a death sentence. Otherwise I'd have time.

Thank you for sharing your rant. I hear you, and I empathize.

While I could understand to a point if doctors bitched about difficult patients to each other in a similar way to retail staff letting off a bit of steam, I am shocked that a letter of referral was written that literally is just untrue.

Reactions: Frew
S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
Sounds like the ridiculous NHS I am under. you are not sick enough for treatment, have you tried distractions and breathing techniques, read a good book

Reactions: Frew, SHThrowAway213 and checkouttime
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
I have been trying to access mental health support for years - ELEVEN YEARS.

I have made several complaints over those 11 years because various things have happened.
For instance being put on medication that made me worse. A medication I later found out has contraindications in bipolar.
Leaving me on a waiting list for 18 months with no contact, then removing me from the waiting list even though I hadn't seen anyone because my treatment had concluded!
etc

Finally I got fed up with going round in circles for 11 years with my local mental health trust, so I asked for something called an out of area referral - a referral to a mental health service elsewhere in the country.

I've seen my GP's referral to them, and I am SHOCKED!

In the referral letter, my GP says:

- Local mental health services are refusing to engage with me because I keep complaining.
No, I regularly speak to mental health services, including my care coordinator. But treatment is so poor that I've asked to go elsewhere now, after 11 years.

- I'm refusing to take medication.
Again not true. What I'm refusing is to be left on the starting dose for several months, even though the psychiatrist instructed my care coordinator to organise a medicine review within 4 weeks of starting the medication, on the starting dose.

- That I'm currently "euthymic".
Totally the opposite!

- That I take overdoses in response to the poor mental health treatment I perceive that I have been in receipt of.
If I had received better treatment 11 years ago then maybe I wouldn't feel like this, but I don't take overdoses as some kind of tantrum.
I've only taken 2 overdoses, besides. Once in 2009, and once in March 2019.

- The therapeutic relationship between me and my local mental health trust has broken down.
True, because they're so crap!

- That I only perceive that I've been in receipt of poor treatment due to having bipolar.
Where do I even start on this?!

I just can't believe it!
I honestly can't fucking believe it!

I didn't mention everything, just the main points I remember. But he's made me out to be some kind of trouble maker basically because I've had the balls over 11 years to stand up and point out that local services are crap.

He did not mention why I'm being referred at all: to seek a diagnosis, to engage in therapy, etc .....?

How crap can things be?

EDIT: As stated in a post below (number 15), I have never even met my GP who wrote this letter!

I suggest that you be careful when disclosing information that could be traced back to you. What if the author of this letter lurks here? Highly unlikely, but why risk it? A member here was doxxed, because he included pictures of his gorgeous Jaguar on this form, along with a few other personal things. Someone figured out it was him, and the authorities paid him a visit.

Sorry about your situation.

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
I suggest that you be careful when disclosing information that could be traced back to you. What if the author of this letter lurks here? Highly unlikely, but why risk it? A member here was doxxed, because he included pictures of his gorgeous Jaguar on this form, along with a few other personal things. Someone figured out it was him, and the authorities paid him a visit.

Sorry about your situation.
What do you mean sorry? What is meant by "doxxed"?

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I had to pay for all of my therapy and psychiatry. The problem is the NHS isn't a bottomless pit of money. I did my own research on various medications and went to them and asked to try them out. You have to take charge of your mental health. To expect what is basically a care coordinator to do it is unrealistic.
I mean, after 11 years you are still not happy with the service provided? Maybe you need to try other routes.
I'm not sure when medication you are on for BP but there are so many you can try. A simple antidepressant won't work. Also depends on if you have type 1 or 2. Have you been formally diagnosed with BP by a psychiatrist?

marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
The 1st time i went to see my GP with depression (90`s) his response was ,"you dont want to be like that , here take these " he never even looked up at me , just scribbled in his pad .
The meds where called UpJohns and they made me feel like i was drunk , not in a good way , the way when you get home and lay down with room spinning and want want to throw up .
I very rarely go to Doctors or hospital , even with broken bones , although my new(ish) doctor is nice and chats and asks questions not that i`ve seen him for years though .

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
I had to pay for all of my therapy and psychiatry. The problem is the NHS isn't a bottomless pit of money. I did my own research on various medications and went to them and asked to try them out. You have to take charge of your mental health. To expect what is basically a care coordinator to do it is unrealistic.
I mean, after 11 years you are still not happy with the service provided? Maybe you need to try other routes.
I'm not sure when medication you are on for BP but there are so many you can try. A simple antidepressant won't work. Also depends on if you have type 1 or 2. Have you been formally diagnosed with BP by a psychiatrist?
Yes formally diagnosed by a consultant psychiatrist.
I'm not the sort of person that reads about things on Wikipedia and 'self disgnoses'.

I disagree with you about the care coordinator comment.
It's their job to coordinate your care.
Many people, especially those who have declined to the stage of being suicidal, cannot micromanage the people who are supposed to be providing them care/treatment.

I've been on several antidepressants.

Yes the NHS isn't a bottomless pit of money. But I'm not asking for any more than what should be being provided.
NHS mental health services are exceptionally poor. This is a well established fact.

Reactions: Frew
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
What do you mean sorry? What is meant by "doxxed"?

"Sorry" - meaning I wish you weren't experiencing the negative aspects of what you stated in your OP.
"Doxxed" - member left enough personal information on SS, so that someone figured out exactly who he is and called the police about him. Police went to his house, if I remember correctly.

sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
I only know because my best friends mother and cousin worked for one and they'd been there years. My best friend also got a job there, and his wife was a nurse there.

The old doctors had made his mum and cousin partners, but when they retired the new doctors in charge didn't like office underlings getting a cut of the money, so reported them to the NHS fraud squad for allegedly stealing (embezelling) money from the surgery.

They went through an entire Police investigation, court, the works. And were found not guilty because the twats made it all up to get them out the door so there was more money for them. The court case in the end lasted about 20 minutes before the judge threw it out, but the build up to it took about 3 years or more.

All 4 of them lost their livlihoods, and his mum and cousin were paraded in the press as thieves - even though they weren't.

I told him, you should have gone to the press with what you knew - like when a cleaner walked into the store room and found one of the docs pleasuring himself.

Sadly, as is often the case - he had too much integirty to do that to them.

So sorry to hear that happened to them. Sounds like the surgery scapegoated them, that's nasty.
no, what i was saying is you can request through the NHS to be seen private!!!! I didn't know it ,but had a friend that told me about it when i had a problem.

the last part of my topic, was a bit misleading. it was just an example of crap NHS!! I couldn't afford Private healthcare, even if i did pay privately for a chiropractor. if that makes sense.

Hi there, I'm interested in knowing more about how you can request private through NHS to be seen privately. Do they just refer you? How does it work? Share what you know please?

My GP laughed at me and made a joke to my friend when I told him I was feeling suicidal - and he had already blown his top (or at least his face did) when after he asked during my previous visit "how did you get on with the mental health teamand I had replied

"oh her, she's useless. hasn't done a care plan, won't make any notes when she comes, despite having a book and pen on the table."

I found him strange to care about the care coordinator treating me poorly, then to do the same himself. He's so shit i now refer to him in conversation as something from a sewer. If i need a dr's help I won't deal with him, senior partner no senior partner. He's a Poo head.

Last edited:
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Hi there, I'm interested in knowing more about how you can request private through NHS to be seen privately. Do they just refer you? How does it work? Share what you know please?
I depends what the issue is exactly.

For example, if you need an mri scan but don't want to wait 9 months to get one on the nhs, they can refer you to a private institute if you ask.

Or you can just contact a private specialist/institute yourself and they will let you know if they need a referral from your gp first. If they do, then you just ask your gp to write them a referral letter, which they should do, normally.

Reactions: sufferingalways and checkouttime
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
So sorry to hear that happened to them. Sounds like the surgery scapegoated them, that's nasty.

My GP laughed at me and made a joke to my friend when I told him I was feeling suicidal - and he had already blown his top (or at least his face did) when after he asked during my previous visit "how did you get on with the mental health teamand I had replied

"oh her, she's useless. hasn't done a care plan, won't make any notes when she comes, despite having a book and pen on the table."

I found him strange to care about the care coordinator treating me poorly, then to do the same himself. He's so shit i now refer to him in conversation as something from a sewer. If i need a dr's help I won't deal with him, senior partner no senior partner. He's a Poo head.

Hi,
I only know what i was told by someone. I have no reason to doubt them. When i had problems with my back, i was actually sent to a private medical facility for an MRI scans i know they can do it!!

My friend told me. You can request to be seen privately if you aren't happy with the way treatment or i imagine diagnosis is going.apparently they cannot refuse you. he said you can do it a few times(i can't remember if he meant over a lifetime or year or what). IF you do it though too much, he said your doctor would probably strike you off their list and refuse to treat you.

It sounds sort of like..... your putting in a complaint against them, and so if you keep complaining they don't like it (even though your not actaually putting in a written letter on anything). i don't know how good an explanation that it.

He told me he had done it, and i have absolutely no reason to doubt him. I do know that sometimes, people get sent to be seen privately on the NHS when they can't get seen for months etc

Why don't you see another doctor? you can always get a 2nd opinion.

Reactions: sufferingalways
L

Lizzy199075

Feb 20, 2019
Yes formally diagnosed by a consultant psychiatrist.
I'm not the sort of person that reads about things on Wikipedia and 'self disgnoses'.

I disagree with you about the care coordinator comment.
It's their job to coordinate your care.
Many people, especially those who have declined to the stage of being suicidal, cannot micromanage the people who are supposed to be providing them care/treatment.

I've been on several antidepressants.

Yes the NHS isn't a bottomless pit of money. But I'm not asking for any more than what should be being provided.
NHS mental health services are exceptionally poor. This is a well established fact.
Everyone on this site expects to and should be treated as individuals as we all have different needs, concerns and goals. The same in the real world. However you continue to tar all NHS staff with the same brush when that is not fair or how anyone would be expected to be treated e.g. The problems you are having are your individual problems which I'm not saying for a second that you are not having but you are wanting your situation to be dealt with on an individual basis which again your entitled to. But saying that the whole NHS staff are the same is not fair or true a lot of them work bloody hard for little return. You highlight that mh services are poor do you recognise that they have been chronically underfunded for years. Part of the privatisation plan courtesy of the tories. There are more nurses leaving the profession than joining and the sucide rate for mh staff increases year by year as well as them drowning in paperwork and stressing that they are not allowed to do best by people to the level that the staff want to provide.
Yes your are frustrated with the care you have received and that is your pregorative to voice your opinion but I always thought this was a site that treated people as individuals. There would be uproar if someone on this site said all depressed people are so and so.

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Everyone on this site expects to and should be treated as individuals as we all have different needs, concerns and goals. The same in the real world. However you continue to tar all NHS staff with the same brush when that is not fair or how anyone would be expected to be treated e.g. The problems you are having are your individual problems which I'm not saying for a second that you are not having but you are wanting your situation to be dealt with on an individual basis which again your entitled to. But saying that the whole NHS staff are the same is not fair or true a lot of them work bloody hard for little return. You highlight that mh services are poor do you recognise that they have been chronically underfunded for years. Part of the privatisation plan courtesy of the tories. There are more nurses leaving the profession than joining and the sucide rate for mh staff increases year by year as well as them drowning in paperwork and stressing that they are not allowed to do best by people to the level that the staff want to provide.
Yes your are frustrated with the care you have received and that is your pregorative to voice your opinion but I always thought this was a site that treated people as individuals. There would be uproar if someone on this site said all depressed people are so and so.

Where have I tarred all NHS staff with the same brush?
Justify your comment.

Funding is not the only issue in the health service, or indeed public services.
Public services are not known as being the most efficient organisations. In fact government services are renowned for being rather inefficient.
Paperwork an bureaucracy is part of the problem, you're right there.

Last edited:
L

Lizzy199075

Feb 20, 2019
Sorry, where have I tarred all NHS staff with the same brush?

Funding is not the only issue in the health service, or indeed public services.
Public services are not known as being the most efficient organisations. In fact government services are renowned for being rather inefficient.
Paperwork an bureaucracy is part of the problem, you're right there.
That is the impression I get from reading your posts.
Can people not see that the government want the NHS to fail so privatising looks like the only good option. We should be supporting the NHS going to the protests obviously if able to and supporting what the staff are saying because they are the ones on the front line and they never seem to be the ones that are listened to.
I've lost two friends to suicide both worked in NHS mental health services and the frustrations they used to vent about just wanting to spend time with patients rather than being stuck behind a computer.
Think part of the problem that comes with all this paperwork is that we live in a blame and I will sue you society so they constantly have cover their backsides not because they want to but because they have too because they never know what someone is going to turn around and acuse them off.

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
That is the impression I get from reading your posts.
Can people not see that the government want the NHS to fail so privatising looks like the only good option. We should be supporting the NHS going to the protests obviously if able to and supporting what the staff are saying because they are the ones on the front line and they never seem to be the ones that are listened to.
I've lost two friends to suicide both worked in NHS mental health services and the frustrations they used to vent about just wanting to spend time with patients rather than being stuck behind a computer.
Think part of the problem that comes with all this paperwork is that we live in a blame and I will sue you society so they constantly have cover their backsides not because they want to but because they have too because they never know what someone is going to turn around and acuse them off.

Right, well don't make comments about people based on "your impression", and no actual quotes.

Number 2, the purpose of this thread is not to promote your political ideology against the conservative party, or to assert that the government is engaging in a conspiracy against the health service, rightly or wrongly.

Reactions: DyingAlf
L

Lizzy199075

Feb 20, 2019
Right, well don't make comments about people based on "your impression", and no actual quotes.

Number 2, the purpose of this thread is not to promote your political ideology against the conservative party, or to assert that the government is engaging in a conspiracy against the health service, rightly or wrongly.
I'm allowed to make like anyone else any comment that I want it's called freedom of speech. If that ends up in a discussion then I'm totally up for that but don't try and shut people down just because you don't agree with what they are saying.
I could provide numerous quotes if I could be bothered to stoop to your level all you have done is slag off the NHS there are always two sides to a story

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
I'm allowed to make like anyone else any comment that I want it's called freedom of speech. If that ends up in a discussion then I'm totally up for that but don't try and shut people down just because you don't agree with what they are saying.
I could provide numerous quotes if I could be bothered to stoop to your level all you have done is slag off the NHS there are always two sides to a story

OK well when you come back with something to support the reason you commented on this thread in the first place, i.e. that I tar all NHS staff with the same brush, I'll begin to pay attention.

But I do ask that you don't sabotage my thread with your political conspiracy theories.
Feel free to start a thread specifically about that in the 'off-topic' section.

I'm more than happy to report your posts to moderators if you think your freedom of speech gives you the right to hijack threads.

Last edited:
L

Lizzy199075

Feb 20, 2019
OK well when you come back with something to support the reason you commented on this thread in the first place, i.e. that I tar all NHS staff with the same brush, I'll begin to pay attention.

But I do ask that you don't sabotage my thread with your political conspiracy theories.
Feel free to start a thread specifically about that in the 'off-topic' section.

I'm more than happy to report your posts to moderators if your think your freedom of speech gives you the right to hijack threads.
So your idea of having a discussion is threatening folk to not talk back to you and what because I don't agree with your views it's alright for you to accuse my views of being of conspiracy nature? Seem fair? Hijacking is quite a strong word for a post that is on a Internet site.

D

DyingAlf

Specialist
Aug 22, 2020
@BipolarGuy
Just block/ignore her. She obviously has her knickers in a twist about this, maybe she works in the NHS & can't see past her rose tinted glasses to recognise that while there are some decent people working in MH unfortunately there's a huge amount that just see it as a cruisy job with little to no care or responsibility.
You shared your story (thank you) which so many of us can relate to.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Frew, BipolarGuy and Lizzy199075
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
@BipolarGuy
Just block/ignore her. She obviously has her knickers in a twist about this, maybe she works in the NHS & can't see past her rose tinted glasses to recognise that while there are some decent people working in MH unfortunately there's a huge amount that just see it as a cruisy job with little to no care or responsibility.
You shared your story (thank you) which so many of us can relate to.
Yes I'm now ignoring her.

Hijacks thread - asked not to - plays victim card

Reactions: DyingAlf
Passerby

Passerby

Been a guest viewer on here for years
Jul 7, 2020

@BipolarGuy

Remind me to never get into a debate with you, you come across really well.

• Love
Reactions: BipolarGuy
L

Lizzy199075

Feb 20, 2019

I would love to know

I do not for one second feel that I am a 'victim'. And so from the last few posts I am not allowed to voice my opinions and impressions of what I perceive of what people are saying but what you two are allowed to as well as making your own opinion of what I do for a living as well as how I should be feeling.
I hope your situation gets resolved and you get the support you need.
@BipolarGuy

Remind me to never get into a debate with you, you come across really well.
Wouldn't say it was a debate more that your opinion is not mine opinion so its wrong. Can't have a decent discussion with any individual like that because they are unprepared to accept there is other views or opinions to any situation apart from their own. And not saying for one second that mine are right either was just hoping for a bit of a discussion

Last edited:
sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
Hi,
I only know what i was told by someone. I have no reason to doubt them. When i had problems with my back, i was actually sent to a private medical facility for an MRI scans i know they can do it!!

My friend told me. You can request to be seen privately if you aren't happy with the way treatment or i imagine diagnosis is going.apparently they cannot refuse you. he said you can do it a few times(i can't remember if he meant over a lifetime or year or what). IF you do it though too much, he said your doctor would probably strike you off their list and refuse to treat you.

It sounds sort of like..... your putting in a complaint against them, and so if you keep complaining they don't like it (even though your not actaually putting in a written letter on anything). i don't know how good an explanation that it.

He told me he had done it, and i have absolutely no reason to doubt him. I do know that sometimes, people get sent to be seen privately on the NHS when they can't get seen for months etc

Why don't you see another doctor? you can always get a 2nd opinion.

I probably will, though I cant until I'm able to get out of the flat. (Long story) That one was an asshole.
I depends what the issue is exactly.

For example, if you need an mri scan but don't want to wait 9 months to get one on the nhs, they can refer you to a private institute if you ask.

Or you can just contact a private specialist/institute yourself and they will let you know if they need a referral from your gp first. If they do, then you just ask your gp to write them a referral letter, which they should do, normally.

Hi thank you for reply. This is due to my GP who made fun of my suicidal thoughts when i confided in him at the drs. A long time has passed and i should have made complaint but im always so exhausted with other issues that are difficult, that it slipped the list. Maybe i dont need private health doctor for this, ill just see another GP. I was interested in how you can get a referral. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: checkouttime