etherealspring

can someone just kill me already
Mar 27, 2024
no because i hate myself

Nlis2244

Nlis2244

Alone
May 13, 2022
If it's a clone we're talking about, then yes, because he's be the only chance i'd get to have a friend, and we could understand each other very well. But if the question is "What if i was in someone else's shoes", then i don't think i would want to be friends with current me.

Reactions: abchia
amnesia999

amnesia999

Lie, lie, lie - Life is a lie
Jun 30, 2024
That's a really good question. Something to think about.

Personally I'd probably never approach me to find out, unless I was stuck being around me, like in a work situation, for months...

Reactions: Nlis2244
Josh007

Josh007

The number zero is feeling lonely...
Nov 30, 2020
Yes, we would have a lot in common 😆

Reactions: LoiteringClouds
T

teniralc21

Nov 18, 2023
No. I'm boring and have nothing to bring to a friendship.

mistymoo

mistymoo

Im going to be apart of the 27 club
May 30, 2024
Abso-fucking-lutely not

MarsProxy

MarsProxy

Nov 27, 2023
Already am friends with myself since I can't depend on any other fucking person

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, LastFlowers, Nlis2244 and 1 other person
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I am already a friend to myself, I'm pretty much all I've got. If I genuinely hated or disliked myself at my core, there's no way I would have lasted this long in my own company.
In fact, it's this buried regard for my own lost potential and inner world..this respect I have for my own values, my privacy and any remaining dignity..that sometimes gets in the way of just doing what needs to be done (ctb).
I am livid. I am angry..that so many things were lost, denied to me..that so many things went terribly wrong…because, at the risk of sounding arrogant..who I am went terribly terribly right.
I really fucking like that person.
If not at the start, then eventually.
Though there is ALWAYS room for improvement and I don't usually hesitate to criticize myself if it's warranted.

Even so, tbh, if I were an entirely separate entity I probably wouldn't be able to have a relationship with myself, since it would involve the external world and perceptions that suffocate and disallow the expression of who I really am and/or the pursuit of what I aim to be.
Who would that entity be having a relationship/friendship with?
It would be a false person, a slave afraid to upset the masters..a mutilated personality for the pleasure of others.

I am outwardly friendly, unassuming and overly agreeable IRL, to most people I'm forced to interact with.
The last of which, I find to be the most unlike myself and the most difficult to maintain.
The person I am often forced to present to the world, is not the person I am.
I am confined by my present circumstances, by my past, by my own flesh and the status quo.
To a degree that pushes the boundaries of one's sanity and ability to retain their sense of self.
It's utterly exhausting attempting to sustain connections when relegated to a position that is set up for failure.
I can get away with expressing myself authentically a little more online, on forums such as this, and perhaps even over the phone…when I haven't already depleted the pitiful ration of energy mustered.
I am more real when unseen, though my essence remains quite strangled, even when alone.
So to actually be around people?
I might as well walk up to them with a ligature dangling from my neck.

Reactions: Nlis2244 and mikgazer6
K

kpopgoon

Jul 2, 2024
i feel like im my only real friend

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and LastFlowers
mrbluesky

mrbluesky

We're more ghosts than people
Jul 3, 2024
I definitely would be friends with someone like me - I often look for people that are similar to befriend. But something I find funny is that, as seen in this thread, people tend to go after different people. Maybe that's why is so hard for me to make friends. I usually look to similar people, but they want someone different from them. Well, what can I do? if I could befriend an exact copy of myself, yeah, I would, and as someone said in the beginning of the thread, with benefits too! (it's arrogance to find myself hot? lol)

innominesatanas44

innominesatanas44

🇷🇸
Feb 16, 2023
If there was a second me, I would turn him into a manchurian candidate and make him do my bidding. Our relationship would be purely transactional. We would not be friends. Although, there might be slight sexual experimentation.
A person who is similar to myself? I don't know what I'm like, so I can't say for sure.

Reactions: like-spoiledmilk
U

ultrasharpy123456

Wizard
Aug 18, 2022
They are genuinely the only people who understand me. I mean that when I say that.

• Hugs
BojackHorseman

BojackHorseman

The View From Halfway Down
Feb 8, 2023
No

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: abchia, FinalDestination and LoiteringClouds
flunkky

flunkky

Heart soldier
Jul 6, 2024
I don't think it would be a very healthy friendship, considering i'd give myself everything i wanted and never leave, but i'd remain insecure and fighting a losing battle with someone else who's hopelessly drifting, i think we could be friends though, maybe.

• Hugs
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Absolutely not. We'd have nothing in common except for a mutual hatred of each other and ourselves. I already often feel like a broken entity fractured between two separate yet equally shitty personalities. I can never tell which one I am either. Sometimes when I say I want to kill myself, I just want to kill him because he wants to kill me so I have to kill him just for some peace. If I were to actually separate the other me into another physical form I'm sure we'd still end up killing each other anyway out of anger.

When it comes to other people who are similar to me and have similar experiences I have a lot of empathy for them though because I understand they must be suffering a lot. I can't look into their heads and see whether or not they're as deranged and depraved and undeserving of any sort of sympathy whatsoever like me so I just assume they're automatically better than me most of the time.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: abchia and LoiteringClouds
ForeverAlone_autist

ForeverAlone_autist

ugly 6’3 autistic guy whos had a rough start
Jul 7, 2024
No absolutely not i was given a bad rep in school over rumours and shit and im seen as a bad person so no