• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
Hey everyone, this is my first thread here! I'm not sure if it's completely okay to make a thread about this, so if this is in any way a problem please let me know and I will take it down immediately. I'm just looking for a bit of advice as I'm quite anxious, but the last thing I want to do is cause harm so please tell me if this thread is wrong. Couldn't find information on the rules about posting about another user, I'm sorry if I was being dumb and just missed it.

I've been messaging a user from this site for a couple of days now, and we seemed to be becoming good friends. Our chats have been about all sorts of things up until this point, and things seemed to be going well. I was out at work today and only managed to get back online about an hour ago, but they seemed to be pretty down.

After asking them about it, they told me they started to feel romantic feelings towards me, and said that they felt pretty terrible about it. They told me they wanted to move their ctb date to tomorrow, and they feel really guilty about their feelings for me. I went over to their profile just now, but it comes up with a message saying: "Oops! We ran into some problems. This member limits who may view their full profile."

I'm not trying to hurt this user at all by posting this, just looking for some advice. I will promptly delete this thread afterwards, or before if it is a violation of the rules to post this. I'm really worried they'll choose to ctb because of me, but I don't know what to do. I would feel so terrible if I knew I could've played a part in someone wanting to die. Again, if posting about messages between myself and another user is frowned upon, I will absolutely delete this right away. I don't mean to cross any boundaries, really. Thank you. :heart:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, ithappens, Deleted member 23586 and 19 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Do you feel like this person is being emotionally manipulative?

• Love
Reactions: tlsnih, Pupu, sourpink and 10 others
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
i am not sure about the rules regarding your situation. but i do get the vibe, as @Maxtothemax mentioned, that this user is trying to manipulate you.

• Love
Reactions: tlsnih, ithappens, sourpink and 11 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
You've only been talking for a couple of days and as internet friends but they've already developed romantic feelings?

Reactions: ithappens, AutoTap, Emily_Numb and 19 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Be wary of anyone trying to initiate an online relationship with you regardless of their intentions. Something not right about forming intimate relationships on a suicide forum, and then using manipulative tactics to convince you otherwise.

• Love
Reactions: tlsnih, Deleted member 17331, ithappens and 14 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Be careful on here, you don't know who you are writing with. Romantic feelings after a few days of messaging seem kinda weird to me to be honest.

• Love
Reactions: ithappens, Wisdom3_1-9, Emily_Numb and 11 others
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
Do you feel like this person is being emotionally manipulative?
i am not sure about the rules regarding your situation. but i do get the vibe, as @Maxtothemax mentioned, that this user is trying to manipulate you.
I'm not sure they're saying it for that reason, I know they've been in a difficult place but from what I was gathering they weren't planning on ctb just yet, and they only started mentioning wanting to do it tomorrow after saying they had feelings for me. I think I made them feel really terrible, so I tried to apologise to them and telling them there was nothing to be guilty about, but they still seem adamant on wanting to go tomorrow and they still feel bad.

They seem like a really nice person, so I don't want to cause them harm. Thank you everyone for responding.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Sbinalla, ecmnesia and 2 others
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
If they're not trying to manipulate you they could just be emotionally unstable but either way you're not responsible so you shouldn't feel bad

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, ithappens, Broken Chimera and 11 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
Please be careful. Looking through your old posts, you mentioned that you're 18 years old and female the other day. There are a lot of good people on this site, but there are also people with ill intentions.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ithappens, Pupu, FatalSystemError591 and 20 others
Astronomer

Astronomer

GIF Geek
Oct 6, 2020
giphy.gif

Run as fast as you can

tenor.gif

• Love
Reactions: ithappens, chasedtheWind, Broken Chimera and 18 others
flower

flower

on the moon
Feb 23, 2020
I understand that you're worried, but if anything happened it would NOT be your fault at all. you can't control anyone's actions and no one should ever make you feel like their decision to ctb is your fault

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: degeneratewaste, Frew, Nutshell and 9 others
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
You've only been talking for a couple of days and as internet friends but they've already developed romantic feelings?
Be careful on here, you don't know who you are writing with. Romantic feelings after a few days of messaging seem kinda weird to me to be honest.
They told before me they really cared about getting into a new relationship, so I think that might have something to do with the timing.

Thank you all so much for responding, everyone is being really helpful. :heart:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: astro, Deleted member 19654, sadworld and 4 others
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Don't fall for this. You've been here for 3 days. Some people find perverse pleasure in threatening suicide in order to manipulate others. They might just be emotionally unstable, but nonetheless, stear clear if you don't want a shitstorm of pain and disappointment.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, ithappens, Emily_Numb and 23 others
T

TheEndisNear121200

Student
Oct 10, 2020
They told before me they really cared about getting into a new relationship, so I think that might have something to do with the timing.

If they want to get in a relationship, they shouldn't guilt trip you into one. They honestly sound manipulative, be careful !

• Love
Reactions: Pupu, FatalSystemError591, Nutshell and 7 others
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020

Why does he want to off himself tomorrow if he is so eager to enter a relationship? When did he make his profile?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Emily_Numb, 262653, Nutshell and 10 others
Astronomer

Astronomer

GIF Geek
Oct 6, 2020
Please be careful. Looking through your old posts, you mentioned that you're 18 years old and female the other day. There are a lot of good people on this site, but there are also people with ill intentions.
You're a good caring person, it doesn't go unnoticed.

• Love
Reactions: Broken Chimera, InterstateFlowers, Nutshell and 9 others
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Check in on your happy friend
Nov 10, 2020
Everyone has already said what I would say, so I just want to reiterate that if something happened, it would not be your responsibility at all. At the end of the day, whether someone here is mentally stable or not, we are all (hopefully) adults and understand the consequences of our own actions. You've always seemed so nice and caring for others so I'm certain you wouldn't have said anything terrible to him at all. His actions just seem manipulative imo. :aw:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Edenelle, sadworld, ecmnesia and 3 others
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
If they want to get in a relationship, they shouldn't guilt trip you into one. They honestly sound manipulative, be careful !
Why does he want to off himself tomorrow if he is so eager to enter a relationship? When did he make his profile?
I'm worried about going into too much detail, because I don't want to make them feel worse about sharing our private messages, but they mentioned feeling bad about trying to flirt with me because they are older than me. They made their user just over a week ago.
Thank you for the concern. I don't want to paint them in a bad picture, I'm sure they're struggling a lot. But I really appreciate all of your comments. :heart:

Reactions: Deleted member 17331, sadworld, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 4 others
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
I'm not sure they're saying it for that reason, I know they've been in a difficult place but from what I was gathering they weren't planning on ctb just yet, and they only started mentioning wanting to do it tomorrow after saying they had feelings for me. I think I made them feel really terrible, so I tried to apologise to them and telling them there was nothing to be guilty about, but they still seem adamant on wanting to go tomorrow and they still feel bad.

They seem like a really nice person, so I don't want to cause them harm. Thank you everyone for responding.
i understand that you are feeling somehow guilty because of this, his decision was sudden and unexpected. but that's not your fault, there is no possible way that it'd be. you are a very nice person, and it really shows that you care and take caution not to hurt anyone's feeling. it's a shame he is not able to recognize it.

i don't not mean to affirm that he is a bad person, but it doesn't seem right to me that he is doing this to you, making you feel guilty because you do not correspond his so called feelings. that's not what friendship is about.

• Hugs
Reactions: Intelligent_Lobster, Pupu, sadworld and 6 others
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Everyone has already said what I would say, so I just want to reiterate that if something happened, it would not be your responsibility at all. At the end of the day, whether someone here is mentally stable or not, we are all (hopefully) adults and understand the consequences of our own actions. You've always seemed so nice and caring for others so I'm certain you wouldn't have said anything terrible to him at all. His actions just seem manipulative imo. :aw:

LOL, always seemed so nice. Both of you have been here for three days. Unless you've known each other from before, I think it is a bit rushed to make these types of judgments.

Reactions: Emily_Numb, astro, Mm80 and 5 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I'm not sure they're saying it for that reason, I know they've been in a difficult place but from what I was gathering they weren't planning on ctb just yet, and they only started mentioning wanting to do it tomorrow after saying they had feelings for me.
As much as it might not seem like it to you this person is deliberately manipulating your feelings.
I think you need to back off and not message them for a while. This is not what you think it is. You are being toyed with.

You have been here 4 days! What is going on here? Someone already has feeling for you? Is this a joke?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Intelligent_Lobster, Pupu, Broken Chimera and 9 others
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
but they mentioned feeling bad about trying to flirt with me because they are older than me. They made their user just over a week ago.
Be careful.
giphy.gif

Reactions: ithappens, Pupu, Skathon and 10 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
they mentioned feeling bad about trying to flirt with me because they are older than me. They made their user just over a week ago.

That to me is a big red flag...

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Pupu, Broken Chimera and 11 others
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
i understand that you are feeling somehow guilty because of this, his decision was sudden and unexpected. but that's not your fault, there is no possible way that it'd be. you are a very nice person, and it really shows that you care and take caution not to hurt anyone's feeling. it's a shame he is not able to recognize it.

i don't not mean to affirm that he is a bad person, but it doesn't seem right to me that he is doing this to you, making you feel guilty because you do not correspond his so called feelings. that's not what friendship is about.
Thank you both so much for being so kind. You're right, it is his choice, I think seeing him say those things about feeling low for liking me, followed by him telling me his decision, made me really worried. I'm not used to messaging people, so to know I might've played a part in him wanting to move his plans forward because I didn't express myself properly made me feel really anxious. You saying this has really helped, thank you again. :hug:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Wraith, Sbinalla and 7 others
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
All these new accounts that are showing up are making me feel a bit paranoid, don't know why.

• Aww..
Reactions: rayofsunshine, ithappens, Emily_Numb and 13 others
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Check in on your happy friend
Nov 10, 2020
LOL, always seemed so nice. Both of you have been here for three days. Unless you've known each other from before, I think it is a bit rushed to make these types of judgments.
I know it's only been a short while, but from the comments that I've seen made by OP, I personally think OP is a nice person. Of course opinions change as people see more of each other but for now, I just wanted to point out that I didn't think OP would make a hurtful comment that would lead to the person ctb. :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Wraith, sadworld, ecmnesia and 3 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
It might be worth contacting a mod to let them know and let them be the judge of whether this guy is being predatory. Because if he is then he needs to be banned.

• Love
Reactions: Pupu, FatalSystemError591, Broken Chimera and 11 others
T

TheEndisNear121200

Student
Oct 10, 2020
That to me is a big red flag...
Honestly I find the fact that they have romantic feelings for her after only 3 days of online messaging a red flag on its own.

• Love
Reactions: Skathon, Wraith, feast or famine and 11 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
Did this person reach out and contact you first?

Reactions: Pupu, astro and sadworld