FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Because death truly is the most normal thing, existing is nothing more than just waiting around to die, we are just conscious beings trapped in flesh prisons, slaves to our suffering destined to decay and die where all will inevitably be forgotten about.

If one doesn't wish to be trapped with themselves in this unnecessary existence they were burdened with then they should just be able to escape, it isn't like there is any value in prolonging suffering anyway, it isn't like one can suffer from not existing and death is just something so normal, it's inevitable, it's unescapable.

And I certainly see it as always preferable to not exist as existence is just an unnecessary harm, there is nothing to be gained by existing, it's just a futile process of slowly dying, destined for nothing and nowhere, I see suicide as the most rational thing to wish for as it's the only way to find true relief from all suffering, death solves everything as all suffering was as a result of existence.

Existence is completely meaningless anyway, it's just a futile process of waiting until death erases everything, we are just trapped in insignificant existences leading to nothingness so how could suicide ever be irrational as death is all we are intended for. There is nothing irrational about wanting to prevent unnecessary suffering that serves no purpose, only existing just to torment one all for no reason.

To me the true irrational thing is seeing death as the tragedy and wishing to prolong existence at all costs, as it's like a denial, it's denial of how we are temporary conscious beings trapped in this meaningless cycle where people delude themselves that suicide is worse than suffering when only existence causes harm. Death is the relief and only the inevitability of death comforts me which is why it's so tragic how those who wish to find true peace from this existence cannot easily do so.

• Hugs
Reactions: Letmedienow, Madao, myusername890 and 2 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Yeah I'm waiting to die and feeling very impatient
wish i could just skip to the end and die right now
i wish life was a computer game i'd switch it off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arihman
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Death is a logical thing, it should be normalized in this society and viewed as something along the lines of self care, whenever someone makes the choice to end bodily functioning because they can't endure the suffering they were unfortunately met with by being brought into this world. I believe that any intentions of bringing someone into this world while knowing very well the potential to suffer endlessly in this cruel existence is undeniably huge is extremely cruel and there should at least be regulations placed on who will be granted the privilege to do the cruel deed of procreation.

I also view life as an endless decaying of your body, every passing year causing this thing people call "a gift" becoming increasingly unbearable. All of these make existence meaningless, every factor of life will someday be meaningless and forgotten, even if we try to prevent that to our greatest ability. The sun will one day explode and we will be left with… nothing, everything will be ultimately forgotten. This proves even further that death should indeed be viewed as something normal and something that shouldn't be prevented. There is literally no point in living if everything is going to end up nonexistent.

The only thing that makes sense as of now is death unless you actually view life as something worth experiencing because of the privileged and enjoyable life you led which is actually something that is an indubitable component of this world, it is proven by many people. Even then, death should again be normalized because like I explained previously, everything will disappear someday so all of these things concerning suicide prevention should simply be forgotten about which will lead to suicide being views as rational.

Reactions: SpiritualDeath and リンさん
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
Unfortunately, I don't think dying will ever be "normal". It's counter-evolutionary for a society to do so. I do wish it'd be easier for us to reject our wiring.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Unfortunately, I don't think dying will ever be "normal". It's counter-evolutionary for a society to do so. I do wish it'd be easier for us to reject our wiring.
It has actually been extremely counter-evolutionary then that we have gone from allowing people to die on their own accord in the ancient all the way to what we have now. I thought evolution played a big factor in this world but I think in this respect, we have gone back centuries despite having advanced so much in everything else.

リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
That's why I don't really feel sad when those who are close to me leave this world. Of course I am crushed, I miss them a lot, but I see it as them finally reaching the ultimate peace. They no longer suffer. They will forever be a piece of what makes me. They will continue to exist in my memory and heart for as long as I do.

Whenever the stigma around death and suicide is brought up, I can't help but think about the way our world is built to exploit humans. For as long as you live, someone, somewhere can profit. Living people keep the system going, whereas you can't really take advantage of the dead. It's gross. Obviously it's not as clear cut, but it definitely plays a role.

Reactions: Madao
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
People do see death as normal; that doesn't mean they like it. Just because we don't have reasons to live billions of other people do.

Reactions: rationaltake
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Just because we don't have reasons to live billions of other people do.
and billions of people don't want to live why should the billions that do want to live force the billions that don't want to live to live
i am sure if everyone was given the right to die whenever they want the world would be in shock by how many of us leave it behind going from 8 billion people down 6 billion over night if we all had a in built way to cease functioning then the after effect of having 2 billion people stop paying taxes and doing crappy jobs nobody wants would leave the 6 billion people who want to live to sort out this shit themselves someone has to work them low pay crappy jobs then those 6 billion people who wanted to live would have to work some shitty job for low pay then there would be more pepole who don't want to live anymore the whole of civilisation is built on the backs of slaves why do you think governments don't like the idea of suicide it's not because they care about you cause they clearly don't at all, all their concerned about is money

Reactions: Immensevoid
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
Another aspect of this is that death is one of the only certain things that will happen to you. You will die one way or the other at one point. People have a self-preservation instinct and find death scary because it's an unknown and they want to keep living. Personally I don't feel this way besides my suicidality. The thing is I don't really care what comes after death because it doesn't relate to life as it is and I don't care for god(s) or religion either. If life seems unappealing and not worth living anymore, then you should be free to kill yourself and end your misery.

It seems like people also find death scary because it's one of the only things that humans can't control and not being able to control things makes you seem powerless in the greater scheme of things yet humans want to believe that they are pinnacle of all life forms and are beyond base instincts and constraints.

R

rainseahorse

Sep 9, 2023
well, you'll still exist after death, just in a different form. none of life, suffering, dying, death, suicide has meaning. i think both death and life is justified in their own way.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
well, you'll still exist after death
how so the machine you is a temporary thing you only exist because of the atoms in your brain once you die you cease to exist altogether the only thing i can think of somehow you are rebirth

R

rainseahorse

Sep 9, 2023
how so the machine you is a temporary thing you only exist because of the atoms in your brain once you die you cease to exist altogether the only thing i can think of somehow you are rebirth
sorry, i didnt mean it that way. in terms of atoms, i just meant that the atoms are still going to exist.