• Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

U

username12345

Aug 18, 2024
Why does society seem ok with allowing so much suffering? Not talking about the obvious suffering caused by war and its consequences, which is horrendous.
I'm more venting about the way society watches people fall through the cracks and then claims help is out there. People can't afford access to quality healthcare, food, transportation, housing. But "they" spend time and money shutting down options for peaceful ctb and instead encourage spending money on therapy and "self care". It's easy to say stay positive and it'll get better when you have money in your pocket and a functional body to find employment.
I wish we could apply for assisted dying for 18+ without a terminal diagnosis. Perhaps a short waiting period with some counseling to help one clarify their reasons? Paperwork that protects the providers from lawsuits by bereaved family? It would be a slippery slope deciding who gets access for sure.
But providing peaceful, accessible ctb options had to be better than the way society forces people to live in declining health and drawn out suffering. It's like society is being built to cause mental illness.
Yeah, it makes sense, generally, to be against suicide, but if you are going to let people suffer it's wrong to not let them die(peacefully). It's kind of like when some sort of large scale tragedy happens and all people have for help is "thoughts and prayers." It's the same mindset and it doesn't help anyone.

Reactions: sserafim and wanttodie12345
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
To be blunt, that's an unsubstantiated conspiracy theory. You're assuming that the world is run entirely by amoral billionaire sociopaths who work together and have no motivation other than profit. There are definitely crazy heartless rich people in the government and economics is a significant factor in policymaking but if you think morality doesn't play into it or that suicide is a total negative for all rich people you're incorrect

Say the council of wealthy elites both A. unilaterally wants to prevent suicide for economic reasons and B. has enough power to do so. Why aren't gun laws stricter? Firearms are the most lethal, commonly available method; most successful suicides involve them. They're also semi-expensive, generally reducing their access to people with a bit of money and thieves.

Why would the most effective method be so readily available? Why are actually economically productive people allowed to CTB just as much if not more than the economically unproductive (disabled, homeless, impoverished, etc)?

There's not a billionaire consensus (except on taxation lol) here- plenty of amoral companies don't care if their products kill people who then can't buy more products. The NRA doesn't care if people who buy guns CTB, preventing future sale of pharmaceuticals to that person. They don't care if dozens of children are killed in school shootings, thus preventing future food sales to those children. They aren't lobbying for drug or food companies. They're lobbying for gun companies. They want the government to make buying guns easier to increase sales.

Realistically the economic incentive is tied into actual government policy as an additional reasoning. you're imagining the system to be more competent and unified than it actually is.
Related to this point, take a look at this absolute joke of an infographic that some freak made.
View attachment 142736
Some callous imbeciles actually think that the 'cost of suicide' is something to be concerned about. Can you believe it?
049E4142 C19E 4F00 AFC0 FE3751A0CC86

Reactions: Rocinante
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
Doesn't contradict anything I said.

If there is a group of billionaires controlling everything who conspire to prevent suicide because it's so costly, why are extremely common and very lethal methods like hanging, drowning, jumping off buildings / in front of trains, and most notably firearms still so readily available?

And again, I'm not arguing against the existence of any economic motivation whatsoever, I'm arguing against the existence of a unified and effective anti-suicide billionaire cabal.

Lucid.44

Lucid.44

Jan 6, 2024
Because they feel guilty of thr fact that they have been incompetent with treaying others properly. They know they do they dont care but please for the love of their feelings dont show them how painful it is
Because they feel guilty of thr fact that they have been incompetent with treaying others properly. They know they do they dont care but please for the love of their feelings dont show them how painful it is

P

painofzed

Dec 15, 2021
A little late to this one, but the reason is they need us here to be wage slaves to further enrich the elite. I for one will be protesting this by taking my life in a VERY public manor with an end capitalism sign around my body. I'm currently in the planning stages.