FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Pro-life people should learn to mind their own business, it's so repulsive when they try and force their harmful delusions onto other people, as the fact is that if one wants to die it's not their decision to make.
It really does come across as so deluded and insensitive when they push their toxic positivity and unsolicited "advice" onto suicidal people, as the fact is that wanting to die is all that feels rational in this hellish and harmful reality.
Wanting suicide never needs to be justified as it's a rational response to existence itself, to me all that makes sense is wishing to permanently prevent all future suffering.

It's insane how so many hold pro-life beliefs in this evil and disgusting world where there is no limit as to how much one can suffer. It just proves that humans are the worst species with how many worship meaningless and futile suffering to the point that so harmfully try to interfere in other people's choices.

The decision to die should only ever be respected and such a thing as suicide prevention should never exist, it's delusional as after all existence was never a desirable state in the first place. The option to peacefully and permanently escape from all suffering in this existence we were unfortunate to be burdened with should be the most basic human right and that is undeniable.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 0000000000000, dizzdesi, voyager and 15 others
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
I used to understand it as I was once a pro-lifer too, but now, it's just really irritating to me! >_< Like how the heck am I supposed to respond to you when you're always trying to tell me to live because "it'll get better" and dumb lies like that! :/

• Hugs
Reactions: dizzdesi, voyager, Seered Doom and 1 other person
deadbody

deadbody

he/him 🏳️‍⚧️
Oct 24, 2023
Moreover, their rhetoric never changes; they always say the same thing. And it's annoying.

Reactions: voyager and myusername890
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
I have no idea what makes them assume that their uninvited, unsought, unwelcome, patronising rubbish is going to be tolerated, far less welcomed FC. I can only assume that their heads are so far up their own arses they take it for granted that their amazingly original insights will bring joy and release to all dealing with mental, physical or psychic torment and despair the likes of which they cannot even imagine.

Reactions: voyager, deadbody and myusername890
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
This post will partly play the "devil's advocate"...

Certain suicidal people - not all - but some do actually appreciate advice regarding what to do next with their life. I am pro-choice when it comes to suicide, so this means that I completely respect the choice(s) of others on Sanctioned Suicide, but despite this I have still given support to a few individuals on this forum in the past, and many other users have given support too. Does this make a person "pro-life" though? No. I do not believe so.

The issue in this topic, is the lack of a very important distinction that must be made in regards to giving advice/help, and this is whether or not it is offered, or just outright imposed. If support is given with the choice to either accept or decline then this is acceptable, because it means that those who are making a "cry for help" - and would wish for advice - will have their request for assistance answered, but this also means that people who are not interested in help at all - and have solidified their decision to die - will not have their autonomy infringed upon since they can simply say: "no thank you."; this all falls in line with the values of the pro-choice stance. This is not to argue that other people must accept said support either - just to be clear.

N

niknod

Oct 28, 2023
You can always ignore advice you don't agree with. But I totally get you on the toxic positivity point - spouting things like "well at least you didn't grow up in poverty at [insert clichéd third world county here] is not helpful to anyone.

Reactions: DEATH IS FREEDOM, deadbody, NeedAnEscape and 1 other person
dreambound

dreambound

Student
Dec 14, 2021
i don't think it matters to them whether their advice is wanted or not. i think in many cases
that when they give you advice, it is as a form of self-affermation...as the world unravels around
them, pro-lifers struggle to maintain their optimism & disciplines & telling people how to
live their life helps keep them grounded....

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
They think they're helping. It's a knee jerk reaction, like if you see someone in a dangerous situation you want to rescue them.

The idea of it being ok for someone to want to ctb, and even be rational, is completely beyond their understanding. Because they haven't experienced that level of desperation.

There was a video I saw of a young woman just about to jump off the Golden Gate Bridge. A man saw her and grabbed her and yanked her back off the edge just as she was about to leap off.

Then the cops came and handcuffed her and as they were getting ready to load her into a police car, she looked at the man who had saved her who was so proud of his heroic deed, and she looked at him with daggers and hatred, that look projected all the hate and anger in the world at him, and he was so shocked and confused by that when he thought she would thank him.

Reactions: voyager
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
This 'pro life' label is new to me (but I'm learning fast).

OK, I'm naturally cautious of possible witch-hunts. I don't like division and people attacking or demonising other groups or ways of thinking, due to circumstances when I was a child. Usually it's simplistic bullshit. So when I hear a 'I hate X', sometimes I recoil as a first reaction.

But I'm starting to really understand why some would feel like that, especially after going through 'the system' or confiding in family. I haven't suffered at the hands of such Pro-Life people - yet.

Helping a person should ideally be about listening to their needs and doing what is possible to meet them, from their perspective, not mindlessly following a tenet of one's own belief system because that person can be 'saved'. Saved to experience what?

A pet can be relieved of irreversible suffering, yet we don't have that right. If I decided to CTB, probably due to declining health, I'll do it and it would be my right to do it. No amount of pithy 'smell the roses' spiel would sway a considered decision. It's a human right? Is it illegal for me to say that? Ok: it's my right to choose death. It's certainly an option. My option.

Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
The forum is pro choice. Choice to live, or choice to die.
I've seen nobody on this forum denying either choice.

Reactions: Meditation guide and voyager
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
It's frustrating to have entire groups of pro-lifers endlessly give advice and pretend that they think they're helping. It's just a way for them to feel better about themselves because they know their advice doesn't work. Most of the advice is drivel like "think happy thoughts" anyway, so I don't think that they "mean well".

Reactions: 0000000000000, Life'sA6itch, Meditation guide and 1 other person
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Pro-lifers are really just hypocrites one catastrophe away from becoming pro-choicers.

Reactions: 0000000000000, Life'sA6itch and Meditation guide