M

malummo

Student
Jul 15, 2019
The site has ups and downs when it comes to user activity.
I miss the time when i joined... The site had some heavy rollers that had been on this game for a long time. They always had something interesting or knowleadgeable to say. Some are still here, but they ain't as active as they once were, which is totally understandable.
I find it really depressing, though.
couldn't help myself to login and agree with you.

Reactions: Darkhaven
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Don't get me started on loo roll lol Andrex never said there was any problem with supplies and delivery, these idiots who bought in bulk have made everyone suffer, the media are to blame but using old video footage trying to panic the nation and it worked.
Yeah the media are to blame for that indeed. I used to work for a paper and if my editor had wanted that front page pic of empty shelves I'd have had a go at him about it. He'd probably have listened too, as he was a decent chap and actually put the community above a cheap story.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
US here. My state is still just under stay at home advisory rather than order, but people are following it pretty well where I am. Biggest thing is our state border is basically closed. I haven't seen it myself, but a neighbor texted me saying state police are questioning out-of-state vehicles and insisting on 2 week self-quarantine. Paranoia about proximity to New York, I believe.

My lifestyle hasn't changed a whole lot, just now isolating is perfectly normal behavior and nobody tells me I shouldn't do it anymore. In fact, everyone I encounter now feels the need to ask and make sure I am. It's like the Twilight Zone!!

I am kind of surprised it's not more active around here, come to think of it. But I'm also guilty. My life currently consists of sleep... check Animal Crossing... sleep... check Animal Crossing... sleep... that fruit's not going to pick itself!

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
In fact, everyone I encounter now feels the need to ask and make sure I am. It's like the Twilight Zone!!
My life has reversed. I'm isolated anyway for my own medical reasons, but I've been making the effort to go for walk everyday with the nice weather. It's deserted out there. If people look like they are going to get too close, I just start coughing. And the people I do meet are often eager to talk to someone. It really is the Twilight Zone.

• Hugs
Reactions: mesohappy and k75
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Suicide rates are already increasing and expected to continue to rise due to the Corona Virus. I'm sure we'll start seeing an influx of new users soon. Not to say that it's a good thing for anyone to be here though.

• Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie, highlyvolatile, Oyoy and 3 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Suicide rates are already increasing and expected to continue to rise due to the Corona Virus. I'm sure we'll start seeing an influx of new users soon. Not to say that it's a good thing for anyone to be here though.
Sadly, I believe you are correct.

• Hugs
Reactions: Oyoy
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
It's definitely a bad situation for mental health.

I've noticed a weird psychological thing. Now that I'm being told to isolate, I sometimes don't want to. I wasn't really doing it consciously before, it was just a side effect of my depression and it just happened.

But now that I'm having to actually think about it all the time and make sure I am, it sometimes feels suffocating and lonely. But absolutely nothing has changed in my behavior. It's weird. But it's affecting my mental health a lot. I think I've lost a lot of recovery progress I'd been making, but it's a little hard to tell if it's because of the coronavirus situation or not because I also have a lot of personal things going on right now.

• Hugs
Reactions: highlyvolatile, Circles, Oyoy and 2 others
hershberger

hershberger

Student
Dec 28, 2019
I'm here. I haven't been around as much in recent weeks, but that's because I have had to focus on my current job (tech support for an American tax software) and trying to find full-time employment. I hope you are doing well and that you are keeping safe from everything going on right now. The irony of life is that sometimes wanting to ctb is interrupted by the world around you. Stay strong, and I hope you feel better soon.

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
The Netherlands,not in complete lockdown, but very restricted. For the time being taking care of my sister, who normally gets help twice a week but because of the virus her care giver is not allowed to visit her ( sister is light mentally handicapt, her brain thinks like a 7 year old) currently it's the middle of the night, and im stuffing myself full of comfort food, i worry about someone who became important really fast....

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Jumper Geo, mesohappy and Oyoy
one4all

one4all

I'll put pennies on your eyes and it will go away.
Feb 3, 2020
I put on my tin hat so no one can sense my presence

• Hugs
Reactions: highlyvolatile and Oyoy
highlyvolatile

highlyvolatile

I don't know anymore.
Feb 14, 2020
US South, I've been lurking a bit more. Also not a lot to say on the forum now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I'm around, I just have nothing to say. :/

• Love
Reactions: Skathon and Oyoy
TheNorthernSilence

TheNorthernSilence

Arcanist
Nov 13, 2018
I'm here, I just feel so low functioning that I haven't been able to write much (in English at least).

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, Jumper Geo and AutumnEmbers
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Thank you for all for your replies, I thought I would try tracking down past SS members, now I need you opinions, do you think they were past members of SS.

Now I wonder where these two met, I think we need Sherlock Holmes on this forum.

How about this lad,

Another young lad,

And another

I hope they all found the peace they were looking for, RIP.

Cheers Geo

Last edited:
Reactions: highlyvolatile