2pillbottles

2pillbottles

rawr xP
Oct 9, 2024
if someone were to overdose on lets say 15-30g of tylenol/paracetamol/acetaminophen, no previous health issues and or concerns, normal metabolism
at what point is liver damage too far gone and you must need a liver transplant? all the info i have ranges from 2hrs, 12hrs, 24, 48, and 72hrs, at what point are the effects irreversible and therefore acute liver failure happens.
im gonna be honest i dont think I'm gonna ctb with it, but i really do want this info incase i ever do, please spare the "dont do that way" talk, i love researching things and genuinely just want an awnser and you all seem like the best bet

Fate

Fate

Nothingness is blissful
Aug 10, 2024
My own experience: I ingested 15g of paracetamol, was left untreated for about 15 hours. Was found in the morning by a family member whom I live with. Gut pain was pretty bad, not gonna lie, perhaps even excruciating (Was kneeled down since i found that was the most comfortable position), I only had 2 hours sleep before the gut pain kicked in. They tried the usual NAC Infusion when I was taken to hospital, that didn't work, the toxins in the blood was too high and it kept building, so in the end they had to put me on dialysis to remove the toxins from the blood. Was told that my liver was damaged, and that in the future I may require a liver transplant; But, miraculously, recent liver tests has shown my liver is now normal, so it's repaired itself (Perhaps age plays a part, I'm 28)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 2pillbottles, Plato'sCaveDweller and ayla
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
DONT DO IT!!!!
Liver failure is a protracted & torturous illness. You wind up in the hospital. They may be draining liters of fluids from your liver every day or so & many many other consequences. It's really nasty!!
ODs have a very low success rate & Tylenol is about the worst drug you could attempt with.
I'm very pro choice but Tylenol is going to be a nightmare.
No judgement. I just don't want people to suffer🌹💔

• Love
Reactions: 2pillbottles, Plato'sCaveDweller, ayla and 2 others
S

Slark

Apr 30, 2023
Trying these remedies is a bad idea. I already tried taking 40 750mg paracetamol tablets and the symptoms were horrible, I couldn't take it and went to the hospital. I vomited a lot, my nose burned and I felt horrible pain in my abdomen.

• Love
Reactions: 2pillbottles
ayla

ayla

♡ · 18
Jun 30, 2024
2 years ago i attempted with acetaminophen and can say from my experience it was the worst. the first 1-5 hours my tummy just felt very upset and i was sweating a lot. i felt fine just a bit "out of it"? i decided to sleep in hopes id go peacefully & boy was i wrong loll after about the 10-12hr mark i woke up with the need to throw up yet nothing would come out, horrible abdominal pain, had slight jaundice. i dealt with this for about 2 more hours until i decided i did not want to go out in such a painful way.. maybe if i had dealt for a little longer it would have worked but personally id never choose this method again.

tldr; id say within 10-16 hours & anything over multi-organ failure begins. hospital treatment was shit & i couldnt stop vomiting (im 18 now for reference)

Last edited:
  • Love
verdedefome

verdedefome

Oct 9, 2024
OD from Tylenol or most OTC meds is probably the biggest "non-method that should not be attempted" from the pinned thread, super low chances of death, very agonizing and with bad health complications after you most likely survive.

• Love