H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
Guess alcohol made my depression/anxiety worse. Now I only drink three times a month. And I don't feel the need to do it anymore. Just for social ocassions.

• Aww..
Reactions: S like suicide and Journeytoletgo
NaturalBornNEET

NaturalBornNEET

Feb 22, 2022
my mum exposing me to alcohol, heroin and methadone while I was still in the womb has really fucked me up and will be the reason I CTB

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: phersper, Journeytoletgo, Élégie and 3 others
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
Jesus guys...i agree totally with most of the posts i read.
I truly belive that Psychiatrists are Satan's drug dealers and that psy drugs are pure evil shit.I had to deal with those pieces of shit for years thinking they would really help me...ended up that they wanted only making easy money on me ruining me completly.I was also for a month in a psy ward,at the time i belived in psy system.I took paroxetine and lorazepam changed in diazepam and xanax for 3 months in low doses and they were destroying me but more horrible than that...it took me almost a year to be completly free from that shit...it fucked me up even more than i was...suicidal thoughts increased,attacks of anger were more violent,anxiety,impulsive and much more."Luckly" i realized soon it was shit.
Fuck Psychiatrists and fuck psy drugs.

I always question myself are they enjoying to make people suffer and sedate and poison them to death like zombies. Do they really enjoy that malpractice?
Or are they really so stupid and think that they're helping?? And that they do a 'healing' practice?? i'm questioning myself always because they see a lot of people everyday with horrible side effects. They must think by themselves these meds are not okay and very extreme or not?? Will they give it to their children also? I don't understand..
I like your profile picture!
I questioned myself too in the past...but you know when they open their wallet full of money...all their thoughts disappear

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, RN12 and Journeytoletgo
Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
How long did you take antidepressants for? I'm so sorry, we're you aware of the harmful affects ?
I have been taking them for 25 years. I was not aware of the harmful effects. Instead, I felt I was enjoying their "benefits." The harm is subtle and philosophically complicated.

DerTod

DerTod

No alarms and no surprises
Apr 17, 2022
Sertraline- cut all my libido and most of the intimate sensitivity. 4 years passed and i haven't recovered.
All SSRIs i took were useless but at least they didn't impact me long term. Some gave me a lot of somnolence and others cut down my appetite( i'm very thin already).All they do it making you numb in an imbecile sense( meaning you know the pain is still there.It's like you sit on a rug and under the rug there is the dirt,the smell and creatures crawling).

• Aww..
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
Dear Agony

Dear Agony

The Void
Jan 24, 2020
Honestly I've been through so many different medications to try and treat my bulimia (all failed) that I don't feel much on any of them anymore, but if I would have to say, Prozac was the one that scared me most. I went through daily motions as a zombie, and I don't remember ever feeling as void/ready to CTB as when I was on it.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Marijuana. It robbed me of my determination and ambition.

• Aww..
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and stoicseal
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Adderall. Sure it was the only thing that gave me motivation and drive but it made me agitated and paranoid af. Also couldn't stop shaking at times and the dry mouth was severe. I could drink a gallon of water and still feel thirsty. When I got off it I developed a binge eating disorder which caused me to gain all the weight I had lost from Adderall back in 1-2 months.

Oh and the come downs from Adderall are a nightmare. I can't explain it other than feeling awful. Didn't get back to normal(well my normal) for at least a year.

Bpd and Adderall are a dangerous mix ill tell you that. Pretty much bpd x10 on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: stoicseal
I

indigomoon

Student
Mar 6, 2022
For me it was Seroquel and Ativan. Ativan is freaking evil.

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
R

Rogue

Mar 10, 2022
Benzos. I've been going through withdrawal for over a year. Headache, awful cold chills, nausea, weird nerve sensations, insomnia, anxiety.
Benzos have terrible withdrawal . I'm like you been a year and still have nerve sensations my whole body just jerks out of nowhere. I hate it 😢

• Aww..
Starryeyes

Starryeyes

Experienced
Sep 22, 2021
Pregabalin
Quetiapine

• Aww..
I

indigomoon

Student
Mar 6, 2022
Benzos have terrible withdrawal . I'm like you been a year and still have nerve sensations my whole body just jerks out of nowhere. I hate it 😢
I've been off Ativan for almost 2 1/2 years now and I am just now beginning to feel like I did before I started to have issues with it. My doctor told me Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome can last for up to 2-3 years. I have never been so glad in my life to get off a drug.

• Aww..
H

Harper Lees

Jun 23, 2022
Ciprofloxacin ruined my fucking life. I was 27 happy and healthy. Now I live with all of these permanent side effects, unemployed, gaslit by doctors. I don't wanna put myself through any more suffering but I also don't want to live in my body anymore

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and NoLightRemains
NoLightRemains

NoLightRemains

I found my light again. Namu Amida Butsu
Sep 26, 2021
Duloxetine caused my tinnitus to get much worse. Most the meds just made me feel like a zombie.

The worst medical thing for my body was a procedure (lumbar puncture) that resulted in chronic migraines/head pains. It was supposed to be a "diagnostic tool" to rule out multiple sclerosis, but it did more harm than my neurological deficits ever did. You never think you will be the one that gets all the side effects.

J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
Also I was on predistone

I think I have undiagnosed autism too.

• Hugs
Reactions: markimobzzdeasui
H

Hope:-)

Enlightened
Jul 3, 2022
Antidepressants, anti psychotics, mood stabilisers, propranalol, certain supplements which mimic antidepressants- st Johns Wlort,, 5htp

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, markimobzzdeasui and Journeytoletgo
Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
Effexor
Gabapentin
Amitriptyline

I have akathisia, permanent debilitating brain damage that is torture every single day and need a way out. I can't eat, can't sleep, have severe agitation and nerve pain and am about to be hospitalised force fed and force drugged. That's why I'm here. I'm not the most resourceful person and I can't figure out a way to do it. No access to SN, can't figure out knots or hanging, pills and wrists won't work. I know this thread isn't about that but I need to find a way out of this. I can't be locked up and tortured for the rest of my life.
B vitamins help heal nerves. It helped my concussion, a deficiency can cause psychosis.

People did partial ganging with belts & door knobs?

Jumping from a bridge on concrete. I wish I could jump off a hospital as a fu.
Vinegar mixed with dish soap & other destroyed my home & life.

Psychiatric pills make people crazier.

Every drugs except vitamins.

Pain killers gave me more pain...

Thisfcksucks

Thisfcksucks

Aug 29, 2022
Yea they made me completly numb, dont Rember a single things while on them, but what's the lesser evil i guess drugs or crazy mental ilness

KlMeNw

KlMeNw

They killed me at seven, I just didn't know it- Me
Dec 15, 2021
Was it Tetracycline?
-lexapro
-prozac
-a med for treating acne (i took them many years ago and i dont remember its name)

Zoloft with vistaril have kinda worked. I do feel less bogged down in an emotion ocean, but no chemicals will change the fact that my life's still a sad, pathetic mess.
Ritalin. It was prescribed to me when I was a child for ADHD. It has now been proven to cause brain damage for life.

• Aww..
Reactions: whywere
anonymous122

anonymous122

Aug 28, 2021
Prednisone.

Some incompetent doctor gave me a very high dose for 3 months and in that 3 months i experienced a lot of anxiety, depression, anhedonia, pains, i gained 20 kilos(even though i was only 40 kg before i started) so my body is covered in stretch marks and i do not recognize the face i look at while looking in the mirror. Worst of all it was a misdiagnosis so while i was taking the hell of a drug my orginal disease got worse(brain cancer) and i developed permanent health issues which i have to pay expensive medications for each month. What sucks is i cant even sue them because i dont have the money or resources to do it

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Élégie
W

whatstheporpoise15

Jul 5, 2022
SSRIs from a young age (before I was a teen), and as I became an adult, benzos were added. In fact, I've been encouraged by several providers to take them. Currently in benzo withdrawal hell and I probably won't make it out alive. I agree that what psychiatrists do is reprehensible, ESPECIALLY to children.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Élégie
N

notenough86

Apr 18, 2022
The Gardasil injections. Have had chronic 20 to 25 migraines a month since 2007. Took my life away from me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie
Lonerzepam

Lonerzepam

O'lord! I Have My Doubts
Sep 2, 2022
Prozac, Sertralin got severe hppd from that and cannabis

L

lost_soul83

Wizard
Jan 7, 2019
Ambien, Lamotrigine, Seroquel, and Xanax. I have a sensitive system and I never take these kinds of drugs, but I had a doctor who pushed them on me. After a reaction from Lamotrigine, I stopped them cold turkey and had withdrawals from which the doctor did not believe they were withdrawals. To help ease the pain and help me sleep, he gave me Ambien. I became addicted to the Ambien after about 3 months of constant use, so he gave me Xanax and Seroquel to help me withdrawal and sleep. After 10 months of this, I quit all the drugs and his practice. But, I never recovered. I suffer from what I believe is occipital neuralgia, panic attacks, anxiety, empty feeling, horrible stomach issues, fatigue, constant headaches, low blood sugar, nervous system issues, and other stuff. It is amazing to me that this is my life all from drugs I was reluctant to take.
If you were reluctant, why did you choose to take them anyway?
Yes i'm sorry perpetual, i'm really sorry. It's horrible

Gaslit by doctors, family, friends..destroyed relationships. Isolation. Job loss ect ect. it's 40% of the suffering!! It's horrific. I experience all of it

Pharmaceutical damage does not exist in there vocabulary of people. Pharmacy is a healing organisation that heals people. So who are we to tell that they are criminals? We must be mentally ill

I wish us some healing mate

I would like into natural remedies first. EVERYTHING before taking these shit meds.

I had a healthy life and i am destroyed. Even when you are not directly destroyed after some years of these meds you have unpleasant withdrawal for sure
You're the first person I've heard call withdrawal, "unpleasant." That's the understatement of a lifetime.

Reactions: whywere
Astronauta

Astronauta

Student
Aug 9, 2022
A vacina covid19

• Aww..
LeavingEarly

LeavingEarly

Experienced
Mar 19, 2022
I can't say for certain, but off the top of my head, antipsychotics made me feel like a void of emotion and thought. Talk about the walking dead. My dick didn't work either, barely could even pee. Nightmares, too. I agreed with the "chemical lobotomy" assessment I've seen others compare it to.

However, I'd say the big one was probably being prescribed an SSRI while I was known to be bipolar already. This had to have at least partially triggered what would become a catastrophic manic/psychotic episode last year.
What were you on?
Marijuana addiction gave me terrible psychosis

Last edited:
Samsal112

Samsal112

Student
Dec 20, 2021
If you were reluctant, why did you choose to take them anyway?

You're the first person I've heard call withdrawal, "unpleasant." That's the understatement of a lifetime.
I trusted the professional. I was told by him and family members that I wasn't reacting to the medication; I was suffering from anxiety and making myself sick. Also, my therapist refused to work with me until I went on meds. Rather than understanding that teaching in America is stressful AF, she assumed I suffered from bipolar or some type of mental illness that needed meds. It took me about a month before I finally agreed. The psych assured me that if anything went wrong, I could just stop it and it would be out of my system in 2 weeks. The rest of the meds I took were because of the horrific and mental pain I was in from the first med.

I hope your statement wasn't blaming me. I have heard that a lot lately. I took the med so I am to blame. I trusted the professional. How is this on me?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Élégie and tiny_dancer