Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Something Else/Other

Votes: 15 13.4%

• Total voters
athiestjoe

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
(Read before voting, some purposeful exclusions!)

What is your top/ideal method for CTB? May be quite different than what you are actually planning to go with; rather, consider what you would choose if you had the right access, funding (if applicable), and everything fell into place perfectly. For example, if firearms are illegal or unavailable to you, but would be your choice if they were available, that would qualify. Similarly, if you had a strong enough anchor point but aren't considering FSH because of the anchor point issue, then that also could apply for this hypothetical if that fact would change it to being your top pick.

If your preferred method is not one of the ones being explicitly excluded, choose something else and let us know in the comments what you "other" is!

Poll exclusions: leaving off certain non-reliable methods/not practical ones (such as ODs, cutting, death by cop, VSED, electrocution, self-immolation or more wild ideas like creating an explosive device) off due to impracticality. While this poll does allow for some speculation for things going as planned, those are just so unreliable that is may skew the results from what are somewhat reliable methods. I wavered on if I should include things like train or drowning due to some difficulties but ultimately decided to leave it on as although for me personally, they wouldn't be ideal, this is evaluating everyone and everyone has their own logic and thought process. I think for fairness we should exclude MAID protocols like DDMAPh given if those meds at the right doses were available to all then that would be a guaranteed exit. Also excluding N from this poll given that would surely skew the results. Even though this hypothetical is about if things were "ideal" I think it goes without saying that would be just about everyone's preferred method although I suppose there are some folks who maybe wouldn't still pick it...but for the sake of this poll I am excluding it.

I'll start: my ideal method would hands down by firearm if I had access. No brainer (no pun intended). I know many people may not put this are their top because of the mess and not being seen as peaceful/seen as 'violent' but for me that would be my top pick. It is not what I am going with, though, do unavailability.

How about all of y'all? While I have a pretty good gut suspicion about it, would rather ask and get some insight than make assumptions.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: zenirsar, Adûnâi, Demian and 1 other person
F

Flippintogo

Sep 18, 2024
Firearm. Straight forward. But really SI inducing. Had the gun to my head several times but can't pull the trigger. Just too scared of hurting my family when they see the mess.

• Love
Reactions: athiestjoe and Adûnâi
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
Firearm for sure, with inert gas as a close second. It's literally a no brainer as you said, especially if you're not concerned about the mess or the appearance of your corpse. It's instant lights out. Can't ask for anything better than that; well, except not being born in the first place, of course.

But SN is the best method available to me, so that's what I've gone with.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and athiestjoe
Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020
1) N( dream)
2) Big firearm( i have not)
3) jump

Reactions: divinemistress36
justpathetic

justpathetic

Pathetic
Sep 15, 2024
Shotgun to the head. Watch Ronnie McNutt video. He did it under the chin which is technically "wrong". Still spit his head literally in pieces. NO ONE is saving you from that.

Reactions: SNastablesalt, athiestjoe, zenirsar and 1 other person
Demian

Demian

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
N

• Love
Reactions: kvorumese, willow115, myusername890 and 2 others
athiestjoe

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
Firearm for sure, with inert gas as a close second. It's literally a no brainer as you said, especially if you're not concerned about the mess or the appearance of your corpse. It's instant lights out. Can't ask for anything better than that; well, except not being born in the first place, of course.

But SN is the best method available to me, so that's what I've gone with.
Totally with you on that one my friend.
Firearm. Straight forward. But really SI inducing. Had the gun to my head several times but can't pull the trigger. Just too scared of hurting my family when they see the mess.
Absolutely feel you on that. I am so sorry to hear you struggled with puling the trigger, SI can be a difficult thing to overcome! Wishing you the best in whatever you decide and hope you get peace & serenity.

That is a poll exclusion on purpose for a reason! If you didn't vote already do not choose Other or Something Else if you would pick N; that is intentionally being left off (see original post).
1) N( dream)
2) Big firearm( i have not)
3) jump
#1 on your list is intentionally excluded from the poll (as you saw from the original post). Feel you on #2. With whatever you decide, wish you the absolute best of luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Demian and Plato'sCaveDweller
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
Interesting to see the inert gas option so low. Let's see - while gun did immediately spring to my mind, it also requires either skill or trust in someone else (who might maim you). Whereas inert gas would probably be available at one's own leisure, and easy to stop if goes wrong?

Reactions: athiestjoe
athiestjoe

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
Interesting to see the inert gas option so low. Let's see - while gun did immediately spring to my mind, it also requires either skill or trust in someone else (who might maim you). Whereas inert gas would probably be available at one's own leisure, and easy to stop if goes wrong?
Behind firearm, inert gas would probably be among my other most ideals for sure. Aside from the exit bag construction which does not seem that complicated and some right parts (including flow meter) it sounds quite enjoyable and seamless. Although easy to stop if thing go wrong is not quite accurate as if done properly then someone should pass out really quickly and if there is enough gas in the tank there wouldn't be really any backing out from it: loss of consciousness then death to follow.

bitofftoomuch

bitofftoomuch

hold onto those who accept your messy self
Jul 1, 2024
N. swallow liquid and die in sleep like Marilyn Monroe did.

Firearms are too scary for me. i would especially worry about the 5% chance of surviving and being mangled.

Reactions: divinemistress36
athiestjoe

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
N. swallow liquid and die in sleep like Marilyn Monroe did.

Firearms are too scary for me. i would especially worry about the 5% chance of surviving and being mangled.
We're excluding N from this poll (see the original post). What would be your next pick?

JoysoftheEmptiness

JoysoftheEmptiness

Student
Sep 10, 2024
Hanging. Do it right, and its all over, do it wrong, and its not good. 1 metre drop should be enough for me.

Reactions: vampire2002, athiestjoe and ctbsd24
C

ctb2soble

The people who never frown eventually breakdown
Sep 29, 2024
If there was no chance for me to survive and possibly be either a vegetable or paralyzed, I'd jump from a cliff in the mountains. As someone who likes the solitude of being alone in nature, it seems like the most serene method to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: JoysoftheEmptiness
mysteryboy

mysteryboy

Feb 8, 2024
Fentanyl for meee

Reactions: willow115, alienfreak and divinemistress36
athiestjoe

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
For those who voted other.something else, what was it (besides the one that said fent above). Don't forget to drop your ideal method (excluding N from the poll) in the comments below if you select that! If you didnt read the post and voted N already on accident totally understand just curious what 9 of the 10 "other" votes are for (thus far)!

Reactions: summa_tyme2224
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Euthanasia. If that doesn't count, then I choose a gun since that's the closest we have to pressing a button that immediately kills us

• Love
Reactions: kvorumese, WallowingWillow and pthnrdnojvsc
soledad.virgen

soledad.virgen

call me sol
Dec 1, 2020
drowning at sunrise or sunset and drifting away, i find it incredibly romantic .

• Informative
Reactions: kvorumese, athiestjoe, ctb2soble and 1 other person
zenirsar

zenirsar

I Hate the Demiurge!
Aug 23, 2024
Blowing my head like a watermelon with a 12-gauge shotgun would be the best(after N of course)

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Either intoxication by R160 or asphyxiation by Xe. Among easily accessible ones - asphyxiation by N2O.

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
SN, definitely. Not as peaceful as N, but definitely the most peaceful method at hand.

rotciv

rotciv

Something In The Way
Mar 25, 2023
Opioid OD

Reactions: dazed.daydreamer, willow115 and WallowingWillow
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
A method that is as painless as possible, all I hope for is a painless death to bring me peace from this existence that only ever caused me to suffer. No matter what only non-existence could ever be desirable to me, I'd always prefer to not exist, all I hope for is to never exist again, in an existence so cruel and torturous death really would be the only relief for me personally.

athiestjoe

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
Blowing my head like a watermelon with a 12-gauge shotgun would be the best(after N of course)
Sounds outstandingly quick, with the rare crazy exception no one is gonna survive that one. Definitely probably why firearms are the #1 method in America.

SN, definitely. Not as peaceful as N, but definitely the most peaceful method at hand.
SN is my current planned method, althoug if I had a firearm that would be my one-and-done due to how damn quick they are.

A method that is as painless as possible, all I hope for is a painless death to bring me peace from this existence that only ever caused me to suffer. No matter what only non-existence could ever be desirable to me, I'd always prefer to not exist, all I hope for is to never exist again, in an existence so cruel and torturous death really would be the only relief for me personally.
Sending lots of hugs your way FC. This world is truly so filled with so much pain & suffering it simply is unjust and unfair.

I hope everyone finds everything they are looking for and get whatever peace & serenity y'all seek.

Reactions: kvorumese and WallowingWillow
T

Tarinel

Oct 21, 2024
SN but i don't have an AE or benzos for it to be more peaceful. I'll try to find them and if i don't, I'll have to go without them

P

pariah80

Student
Aug 12, 2024
A gun. The pain really doesn't scare me anymore. I just want it to succeed.

bandoscii

bandoscii

Jun 29, 2024
Drowning unconsciously
I mean, firearm is good too. And if I had access to it I would choose it, but there seems something peaceful in drowning and just never waking up.

Reactions: kvorumese and athiestjoe
M

metothemoon

Feb 11, 2024
Ideally CO or inert gas. Seems most peaceful. However CO is not an option. I'll go for (partial) hanging

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Firearm for me, quick and reliable when done right. However, very high potential for permanent disfigurement and debility if done poorly or incorrectly.