HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

Eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024

I used to be around 35-36 1.5 years ago and still trying to lose it. People say I look healthy and I do have a little chub and not looking "fat" but I honestly just want to be thin. Healthy weight loss really does help deter my urges to CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: moshimoshi
W

would

Apr 7, 2024
Thank you for contributing, that was interesting to read.

~~~
I wish I could look at the data myself and account for the confounding factors like poverty, etc.
Poverty and income have a complicated relationship with BMI. The most in-depth meta-analysis done on poverty/income I could find asserts that poverty doesn't necessarily increase the incidence of overweight/obese/underweight BMIs, but it does increase the severity of them. i.e. There aren't necessarily more obese people in lower income brackets, but the poor and obese are more obese on average than the wealthy and obese. The same appears to be true of those that are impoverished and underweight. The effect of higher income returning BMI to a healthy level doesn't appear to be as strong for the underweight, but it is statistically significant. I was unable to find any studies that attempted to correlate BMI, income, and suicide completion, but I would imagine the results would not be much different than the correlation found between BMI and suicide completion alone.

That being said, it is well established that poverty and many variables linked to poverty are associated with increased suicide rates. What is debated is how significant this effect is and what exactly causes this effect. Is it income inequality? i.e. Is it relative or absolute poverty that is the main problem? What about increased rates of mental and physical illness in impoverished populations? Or how about the extremely strong correlation found in some studies between suicide and extended unemployment? There are endless confounding variables to consider.

But BMI alone seems to have an unusually strong correlation with suicide completion - although it is currently unknown why. But we should remember that like with any other action, BMI is only one piece of an extremely large puzzle, and most underweight individuals (like the majority of the population) will never attempt suicide. I should also state that the correlation between BMI and suicidal ideation is tenuous, and my language was a bit strong regarding the two in my first post.

That being said, I am no statistician, so I would not take my word as gospel.

• Informative
Reactions: damyon
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I won't disclose my weight and height. But my BMI which is calculated by my age, sex, weight and height. I won't make a poll obsession about BMI can be way too toxic. I was very obese as a teenager and was bullied a lot for it.
My goal was the perfect BMI and I read the perfect one was 21,8. And my BMI for a pretty long time was exactly that. By the way I look very skinny and many people tell me that. Probably it depends on the individual how such a BMI actually looks like.

College triggers the shit out of me this semester. So badly that is screws my hunger. During holidays it was less severe. But I still lost some weight. It went from 21.5 to 20,8 (BMI). I did not expect that much of a change. My friends said they did not notice any changes. As skinny as always. I eat some chocolate because my hunger is still that not that much. I am scared not being able to control me anymore and start eating like a teenager again. But I think that is unrealistic. I am kind of scared this spirals down.

My fear of being obese is way bigger than my fear of underweight. Still I don't like underweight. In my opinion it does not look good. So I will take some anti-measures if it comes to that.
Ok I'm going to blow your mind on this stuff because it's all government backed and absolute nonsense.

BMI is NOT a good way to analyse things. When I did my personal training/medical course we had a female footballer. She was smaller in height but because she had a lot of muscle mass guess what the BMI stated her as? Obese….

Im OCD but it just depends what you want to do. Your frame only matter for the shoulder width, hips and height. If you want to lose weight you just need to eat less processed foods, eat less (calories but not STARVE) and just exercise a bit more - a 10 minute walk is sufficient. Obviously if you want to go a bit more you could do a workout routine 3 times a week for about 10 minutes. It will be beneficial and do something.

The UK government said eat 5 fruits and/or veg a day which is also nonsense becuase it depends on each person. It's like saying everyone who is depressed just needs anti depressants; problem fixed! You need to eat protein, carbs (yes carbs they aren't the devil - without them your cells cannot be building blocks) and fats. Struggle with meat/fish? Use peanut butter instead, want to eat someone a bit healthier than pasta/rice - try lentils.

There's just too much propaganda going around. It's either everyone is completely unhealthy and going to die OR you need to be some super person and 2% body fat lol. I went from very good physical shape and size (because of golf) to now where I'm definitely underweight and lost a lot of muscle - depressed, bed rotting, no exercise, etc. it takes about 3 months to get back to your "base" level of fitness.
I won't disclose my weight and height. But my BMI which is calculated by my age, sex, weight and height. I won't make a poll obsession about BMI can be way too toxic. I was very obese as a teenager and was bullied a lot for it.
My goal was the perfect BMI and I read the perfect one was 21,8. And my BMI for a pretty long time was exactly that. By the way I look very skinny and many people tell me that. Probably it depends on the individual how such a BMI actually looks like.

College triggers the shit out of me this semester. So badly that is screws my hunger. During holidays it was less severe. But I still lost some weight. It went from 21.5 to 20,8 (BMI). I did not expect that much of a change. My friends said they did not notice any changes. As skinny as always. I eat some chocolate because my hunger is still that not that much. I am scared not being able to control me anymore and start eating like a teenager again. But I think that is unrealistic. I am kind of scared this spirals down.

My fear of being obese is way bigger than my fear of underweight. Still I don't like underweight. In my opinion it does not look good. So I will take some anti-measures if it comes to that.
Just to add - so you are similar to me. I'm extomorh body type and I'm 6foot 2. I have broader shoulders but yes at school bean pole skinny. I tried eating 4000 calories a day at one point and it was working slowly but I got miserable of food and nearly stopped eating.

With the golf (in my late 20s) the golf and walking the course was the exercise (swinging a club at 110+ mph is burst energy) and walking the course (about 6 miles) is the cardio. Any extra gym work meant I had to add on calories so I didn't go into a deficit. Otherwise my body will use my muscles and break them down as a "food source" for the energy. Unprocessed flapjack bars were about 300/400 calories (big ones) so they kept my levels above the deficit level.

Last edited:
bieatmania

bieatmania

早く殺してくれ。
Dec 22, 2023
I had BMI of 14 last year, I did some push ups and I'm not thin as before. but I'm not eating well and I still feel like skeleton.

• Hugs
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
In the 21-22 range. I eat a huge amount (usually several pounds of food a day), but much is low calorie. Potatoes, beans, oatmeal, and so on.

• Love
Dliena

Dliena

𝚂𝚂 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚘. 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
22.0 BMI here somehow not overweight even tho I eat not so heality things for a long time but I do also get out kinda often as well.

• Love
sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Arcanist
Dec 14, 2023
Last time I weighed myself I was at 22,5. I've lost weight since then, not sure how much but I reckon it must be a noticeble amount since I've dropped two sizes and people have been commenting on it. For some reason my dentist even noticed it in her records. Atypical anorexia.