Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
How does that makes you feel if I may ask?
It doesn't make me "feel" anything. It just means that they are behaving in an adult way. They know me well enough to realise that for something like this I'm going to do my own thing anyway, regardless of their opinions, so it wouldn't be constructive to try to prevent me.
The fact that I am elderly probably also makes a difference. I am too old to build a new life at my age, even if I wanted to (and without my husband I wouldn't want to), and that's obvious to everyone.

• Love
Reactions: divinemistress36 and rozeske
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
It doesn't make me "feel" anything. It just means that they are behaving in an adult way. They know me well enough to realise that for something like this I'm going to do my own thing anyway, regardless of their opinions, so it wouldn't be constructive to try to prevent me.
The fact that I am elderly probably also makes a difference. I am too old to build a new life at my age, even if I wanted to (and without my husband I wouldn't want to), and that's obvious to everyone.
I guess I was looking for a it makes it easier for me in a way or a it feels good knowing it's purely up to me and they will understand and be ok when am gone kind of thing...I don't know..I just thought it must feel nice.. Sorry I may need sleep :)

• Love
Reactions: Linda
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I guess I was looking for a it makes it easier for me in a way or a it feels good knowing it's purely up to me and they will understand and be ok when am gone kind of thing...I don't know..I just thought it must feel nice.. Sorry I may need sleep :)
I think we have different personalities. I do my own thing. Always have done. Whether other people approve or disapprove matters very little to me.

• Love
Reactions: rozeske
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I think we have different personalities. I do my own thing. Always have done. Whether other people approve or disapprove matters very little to me.
True. In the end it shouldn't really matter.

Reactions: Linda
alltoomuch2

alltoomuch2

Student
Feb 10, 2024
My dad sat me down one day, it was the day after my mom had told me how she wishes I was dead, i told her that I hope her dream comes true for both our sakes, he sat me down and said to me that if I committed suicide I will be going to hell. It would be better if I killed someone else, then I would have the opportunity to repent for my sin but if I killed myself I wouldn't even get that chance and will go straight to hell. That was it, he was done talking and I was dismissed. You would think he would have something else to say, to not make me feel like shit, to convince me not to kill myself....nope! that was all I got.

What did people say to you? What was their response to your plans?
they ran a mile and I never heard from them again

• Aww..
satanpixidreamgirl

satanpixidreamgirl

sleepy
Feb 28, 2024
"do it!"

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: alltoomuch2, rozeske, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Mar 18, 2024
My wife told me "that's selfish, who's going to take care me"!

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: alltoomuch2, rozeske, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
FakeSmileGuy

FakeSmileGuy

I hate myself
Apr 16, 2024
I told my girlfriend and she joked that we should do it together, but i know she was fucking with me. I wish she took it more seriously.

• Aww..
leaftomb

leaftomb

let's live fast and die young
Jun 15, 2024
my dad and i got into an argument just a few months ago and i told him how i felt like a burden to him and my mom and i'd happily kill myself if they were so unhappy with me. i'm assuming he talked to my mother about it as now they always blame each other for making me depressed when they argue. the only thing he directly said to me was: "Are you really depressed because of me?" to which i said no, and he moved on. he didn't even question my mental health at all, he just didn't want anything to be his fault

when my best friends at the time found out, they felt i was too depressing to be around, we argued for an hour and they just told me they decided they didn't wanna be around me anymore. looking back at it, i'm glad they protected themselves, i don't wanna bring them down, but damn that hurt in the moment. all they really told me about my suicidal ideation was "only lonely people commit. you're not lonely. when *i'm* sad i just think about my friends and i feel okay"
this honestly felt so stupid, especially since they knew my cousin CTB just a few months before and wasn't (physically) "lonely", but i get where they came from too

the only other time someone knew/thought i wanted to die was a few years ago. i was in a similar place i am in now, and my friends and teachers were noticing it. long story short, my friends didn't really say anything to me but went and told the school nurse they were scared, which just led to me sitting in the social worker's office trying to convince her i was not suicidal, nor did i have an ed (this hypothesis came from the nurse). she scheduled an appointment with me and i just never went

• Hugs
Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
The usual platitudes, pretending to care, pretending that I meant anything to him. Then when I showed him the SN I purchased... dead fucking silence, lol. People are so fake.

• Aww..
Reactions: Linda, rozeske and divinemistress36
glitteryaliens

glitteryaliens

Mar 19, 2024
My mom found some whiny post I made on r/suicidewatch a few years back. I tried to deny it and say it was someone else's but she didn't really buy it. At first she was somewhat nice and sympathetic. Then a week later she made a joke about it.

• Aww..
I

idk3

Student
Sep 10, 2023
My Mom was pretty cool about it.

She researched some treatment centers and asked if I wanted to go try one out that she found, and I agreed to. It was for 90 days, but it was pretty much a resort with therapists and such overlooking the ocean, so it was fine.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Linda and rozeske
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me šŸ’™
Nov 1, 2023
My friends took it seriously and were concerned and said they would rather have me around.

My abuser (that I was still with at the time) asked me if I did it for attention.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Linda and rozeske
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
My Mom was pretty cool about it.

She researched some treatment centers and asked if I wanted to go try one out that she found, and I agreed to. It was for 90 days, but it was pretty much a resort with therapists and such overlooking the ocean, so it was fine.
I like your mom! Did it work in anyway?

Reactions: idk3 and Linda
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Experienced
May 9, 2024
Most people told me that I wouldn't be missed. I'm not surprised.

• Aww..
Reactions: rozeske and Linda
InigoDeux40

InigoDeux40

Under The Killing Moon
Jun 16, 2024
"don't think about that! "
"If you think in something more positive... "
"You need to thanks the Lord first... "

Don't try to talk to people about this, very few know how to approach this and I even got bulls**t from a therapist once. It just seems pointless to let people know...

• Love
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(į“—_ į“—怂)
Nov 25, 2023
I indicated it slightly to my mother once and I got her standard response about how others have it worse. Any time I had a problem I always got how others have more difficult problems etc...

• Aww..
rednights

rednights

Jun 5, 2024
Not counting professionals I've told one friend about my current thoughts, to an extent. They heard my reasons and empathized, and of course asked me not to ctb. They also asked me to call them if I was ever feeling close to doing it. Not sure how I'll navigate that when the time comes.

I shared that I've had past suicidal thoughts to another friend, who also used to have them so he understood and did not judge me. I'm not sure what he would say if I told him I was currently vying to ctb, and I'm not sure I'll ever tell him.

• Love
lkjhgfdsa1

lkjhgfdsa1

šŸ–¤
Apr 17, 2024
My mom told me to do it and she would not help me if I failed an attempt and became disabled but I'm kinda sure she was just trying to scare me out of it

• Aww..
archiveofpain

archiveofpain

May 29, 2024
That "there's always another way" and that I was "taking the easy way out", which true it might be easy but I didn't ask for any of this in the first place

• Love