ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
There was a psychology student who admitted in a thread she posted that she wasn't suicidal and made up a story to get in just to inspect a forum of suicidal people and I think she wrote in that post a critic of the forum and how she thinks it's bad and then left the site

this is one example
Holy shit, I actually remember that one from somewhere. This happened around when I first starred posting on this site. If I remember, that post happened on a thread made by FuneralCry and I think they mentioned at how they used FC as part of their case study. I don't remember who outed that psychology student but I do remember them being really, really smart and tactical about it. Now I wonder what it's like to be in a case study but I digress

I feel like the only reason why people like this even managed to appear here is because of tantacrul. Otherwise it would have been really, really hard to find this place

Though, I do wonder, is that example just an outlier or are there really any other cases like that? I mean, there probably are other people pretending to be suicidal but I lack the intellect to spot them

Reactions: wCvML2
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
I'm probably of the older generation on here. Lived and learned it type of person.
I do feel esp in chat rooms there are very young people on here. Maybe this is all a game to them.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
There was a psychology student who admitted in a thread she posted that she wasn't suicidal and made up a story to get in just to inspect a forum of suicidal people and I think she wrote in that post a critic of the forum and how she thinks it's bad and then left the site

this is one example
I would be very curious to read that thread does anyone have the link? Thank you very much!

Reactions: Unsure and alone
U

Unsure and alone

It's a slow fade
Dec 10, 2023
This.. isn't something I noticed at all. But I don't understand it. Why would anybody want to roleplay as a suicidal person? I mean, based from what I've seen, those who aren't suicidal really loathe the mindset and ideas that suicidal people have so why would they roleplay as one?

this is one example
Interesting. Are you able to share a link to that post ?

I'm curious what someone supposedly not struggling thinks of this place.

Although for the most part I think that what might be considered pretending is actually just someone being real and showing their inner conflict .

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I would be very curious to read that thread does anyone have the link? Thank you very much!
Interesting. Are you able to share a link to that post ?
I found the psychology student I was talking about in my earlier post but, two things to mention. They did appear under a thread made by FuneralCry but not the thread I was thinking of. Most of the thread is people arguing with each other regarding the OP and the psychology student part only happens briefly. Second thing, I don't think this is the psychology student that the @neverUsedA_Gun was referring to but it was a psychology student nonetheless.

They literally out themselves as one on post #51 on this thread

Edit: after seeing some of their posts, I think they weren't pretending to roleplay as a suicidal person. I think that they're genuinely suicidal but just so happened to study psychology. My bad, I thought it was them but it isn't...

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Unsure and alone, wCvML2 and noname223
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i dont like much or really anyone (take that on a gradient scale. i might not hate you, but i dont know you enough to like you. depends on the person).
the last place i considered "semi safe" has been compromised so 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
I found the psychology student I was talking about in my earlier post but, two things to mention. They did appear under a thread made by FuneralCry but not the thread I was thinking of. Most of the thread is people arguing with each other regarding the OP and the psychology student part only happens briefly. Second thing, I don't think this is the psychology student that the @neverUsedA_Gun was referring to but it was a psychology student nonetheless.

They literally out themselves as one on post #51 on this thread

Edit: after seeing some of their posts, I think they weren't pretending to roleplay as a suicidal person. I think that they're genuinely suicidal but just so happened to study psychology. My bad, I thought it was them but it isn't...
We weren't thinking about the same thing. Never mind, I think it was deleted

Last edited:
F

ForsakenDial

Student
Aug 20, 2021
I don't think I've come across anything as hateful as that but- isn't there a 'report' button on the bottom left (on mobile devices anyway) of each comment? I haven't actually done it but I assume that would highlight the post to our mods. They will then assess whether it warrants a warning or a suspension or ban.

Personally, I love this place. When you consider what it is and why we're here, I think it's incredible that on the whole- people are actually usually nice to one another. I came here initially for methods- which I'm incredibly grateful for. Far beyond that though, I've loved the chance to talk about all sorts of things here with some really interesting, intelligent and sensitive people. Stuff that most people in real life shy away from. It's a great form of distraction for me while I wait till I can CTB. I've found it an incredible support system.

My major dislike? It wouldn't be with this place. It would be how it's perceived by the media and pro-lifers out there. I wish they'd be reasonable and open minded. Unless I truly am crazy- possible of course, I don't see it as the dangerous death cult it's made out to be.

My most major concern would be minors on here. But- I don't know how that could be entirely prevented without risking identity exposure. I'm sure our mods do a great job in filtering them out. I expect it sounds kind of cruel really. I suppose it is. I was a suicidal minor. My ideation began when I was 10. So- I do sympathise and know how it feels. I'm just not convinced that this place is the most balanced for a young mind. It tends to be all negative. Plus, we don't have the resources within us to confidently help I imagine- if recovery is even still possible. We're suicidal ourselves. We're hardly a good advert for sticking it out!

Plus- from a selfish and practical perspective- the last thing this forum needs are actual suicides amongst minors that had accounts here. Ultimately- it is them who lied to get the account and I would also say- why didn't their parents have parental locks or whatever on their devices? I would think being tech savy is a requisite for parents these days. Why didn't their parents even notice they were suicidal? Still, I guess mine didn't either. But still- it would be the forum and all of us on here that communicated with them that got the blame. I've become much more cautious about discussing methods as a result- not that I know much anyway to be honest!

I don't much care for the spats that go on over how it should be more promortalist (effectively) or more pro-life but inevitably- it's open to free speech to people who have sometimes almost polar opposite views- so- that's bound to happen. I think that's where the 'ignore' button is useful though. We're all bound to have some people with views that trigger us on here. I probably trigger some people. I think sometimes it's better just to put them on 'ignore' rather than try and engage in a discussion or argument with them. Some people don't want to debate their views- which is fair enough. We're probably all here for slightly different reasons. But yeah- I think this place is set up in as ideal a way it can be to allow everyone to express how they feel and use things like the 'ignore' button to avoid views that may trigger them. I love this place. I'm so grateful to our mods.
I agree with this post. You always have something insightful and thoughtful to say, Forever. Thank you for being you.
Usually more often than not people are very kind to one another here. Its kindness has always offer a respite to the suffering wrought elsewhere.

I didn't believe there was anywhere for people like me. Until I found here. Somewhere I could be honest about how I felt. I still want to die, I always had I was around the same age as you. Yet, there is now a small portion that is indecisive now. This place in a way helped me live longer. On those darkest days there was somewhere I can share how I hurt myself. For once I wasn't alone. I wasn't attacked for sharing my pictures. I wasn't victimized further. I wasn't told I was looking for attention. For the first time in my life, in a moment of weakness I was given a mercy.

I can't help but cry as I type this. They understood. I was going to end it all that night, I expected to be attacked. I only made a post so that someone, even if they hated me for it, would know some of my story. A cry in some lonesome corner of the internet before dying like everyone in my life wanted me to. Rather they showed a level of understanding and and compassion.

Outsiders don't want a support system. After the Tantacrul video there was an influx of people. No decent person wants another to die, and some had good intentions trying to help people. Just as many joined to push people over the edge. This site changed after that incident. The kindness is still here, but there was people who joined just to hurt others. I couldn't express my self harming without getting responses that mocked me. Or people asking strange questions such as the process, and asking about indepth details on how I hurt myself. It felt malicious, as if there was a pleasure in seeing another hurt themselves. Most were supportive, and talked about their own experiences. And this only happened in one of my post. But, it stuck with me, and left a bad and scary taste in my mouth. I see in responses to others how people viewed us. In the same breath they speak about suicide being wrong they go here to bully suicidal people. Not often, but on occasion.

Communities outside this platform that carry a forefront of being open, accepting, welcoming are deceptive in their packaging. This outwards appearance harbors abusive people attempting to attract the vulnerable. There was always people here looking for someone to victimize. After that Tantacrul video, there is more mainstream spotlight here. With it the predators. This site is still very kind and nice, but I fear for the future.

I know this doesn't cover most of the post. I had the most to say on that point in particular. I also don't want to make this response too long.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
tuey32

tuey32

Student
Jun 20, 2023
The gatekeeping of sn

Reactions: sserafim and ijustwishtodie
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I dislike discrimination and how some of it is more allowed than the other. But it also gives me something to work on. There will always be different people anywhere, it is easier for me to change how I perceive it than to change the whole world to my liking. One of the reasons I try not to put people on ignore.

I also dislike complete lack of self awareness and ego, but this is the general trait I dislike in us humans.

What I like is being able to express my thoughts freely. Even if no one can relate at least no one is trying to shut me down for it. I also like reading what others have to say and often find it interesting even if I don't reply to everything it makes me think.

I also like empathy shown to me and I try to give some back in return.

Reactions: sserafim and ijustwishtodie