H

hashtagnull

Oct 27, 2021
(Sorry it's so long, I have a massive problem with summarising). The question I would like to ask is if anyone knows of an easy way to tell your story online. I've been lied to and treated badly by mental health services, which has led to my child being placed with my abusive parents, who are a lot of the reason why I will ctb and have wanted to for years, just tried to hold off for the sake of my child. I can't any more. I want to tell what has happened but also upload letters and phone call recordings which I have of the mental health workers lying and ignoring my concerns over many months, that I wasn't caring for my child properly and needed help. They refused to put me on more intensive help, I've forgotten the name, but I know it's primary care I speak to now and I get a phone call once a fortnight for an hour, that's it. A big problem of mine is that I space out and can't concentrate or take in what people say. My child told me a wire had been chewed by our pet and when I was told I just nodded and said OK or something. I would never knowingly do this and put us in danger of a fire. Weeks later the wire started sparking and I was upset and asked why I wasn't told before and then was told about the previous conversation, which I had no memory of, was told I was spaced out and my child hadn't realised the importance of the situation. Social services used this as justification for removing my child, but we told them about it ourselves and I'd also told my mental health worker on the phone weeks before. I also overheard them calling me a liar today. Also this action was justified because I can't cope with cooking because of mental issues and so just buy microwave meals which my child usually warms up for us. There's never been any violence, police involvement, school has been fine, can't think of anything else that would be of interest to them barring my mental health issues, anxiety and agoraphobia, which are not serious enough to get help.

I've had mental health issues all my life, I've had some treatment in the past but haven't been able to get any in the past 7/8 years in the UK, only offers of anti-depressants which don't work. Nor do I think depression is my only issue. I don't answer the phone, I rarely go out, I have no friends or social contacts barring my toxic, abusive and troubled family, who I avoid.

I've tried to get my GP to send an email to allow a private psychiatrist access to my medical notes, to aid with them making a diagnosis so I can get treatment. The GP promised me he would do this, but hasn't. I've tried to get sickness benefits to pay for treatment, it's been over a year and I filled in all the forms they posted months ago but haven't been given the telephone assessment.

I have made a complaint email to my MP a few days ago, about the DWP and lack of medical care, the MP must have contacted social services because the following day, social services were calling me and banging on my door. I came to the door once but couldn't let them in. I've tried to explain, I was writing them an email but it got too long and personal so I couldn't send it.

To cut a long story short, they came today, social services forced themselves in, telling my teenage child they'd ring the police to break the door down if she didn't let them in. I was in my room listening, having a panic attack, and coincidentally on the phone to my mental health worker who said she would ring the social worker. Social services said that because I wouldn't come out of my room they had to ring the police. The police forced themselves in, threatening to bang the door down. They were here for hours while I had constant panic attacks. They took my child to my parents eventually, though I explained to them the abusive situation at present and in the past (there are other vulnerable people being emotionally abused by them at present). They didn't care. My child will never forgive me, and this will cut me off from having any contact with my family, leaving me completely alone. It's untenable to continue any longer.

I want to tell my story, upload all evidence I have of what's happened to me so that people can see the situation the UK mental heath service, social services, police, puts people in, and why many people here ctb, as there's no help. If you make too much noise about wanting help, you are punished.

Sorry this is a mess, I'm a mess, I need to figure out a way to get my story out (with recordings/evidence) before I ctb, please help.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: akana, Suicidebydeath, outrider567 and 6 others
C

CommitSudoku

never interfere with a lifespan reaping
Feb 12, 2022
I'm really sorry what happened to you, it sounds like a nightmare. I wish I could help you but I'm not in the UK and don't know much anyhow. I'm really sorry for your child being taken and how they haven't listened and are making things worse for everyone.

I hope someone else can have better ideas what to do. It's good you've kept documentation. Best wishes however things go, I'm sorry that's all that I can offer.

F

Fish Face

Student
Apr 19, 2019
I am sorry. The UK mental health "services" are just abusive now.

Reactions: akana