JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
Yeah he was still online a bit ago so don't understand the crossed out name.
He probably can still PM people, just not post on the forum. You could try asking him.

• Aww..
Reactions: fisil and color_me_gone
F

fisil

Arcanist
Mar 9, 2019
@Jc40 is gone too he mad a good bye post.

• Aww..
Reactions: Circles, color_me_gone, Halo13 and 1 other person
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
Anyone hear from @Seaghost lately?

• Hugs
Reactions: Seaghost and Circles
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Was @Taylor a self-ban?
Kind of odd that he should disappear after this.
And he doesn't show up in the user search, and unable to view his profile as of five minutes ago, either he's blocked me or.....

Last edited:
Reactions: brighter, Ashpac and Jen Erik
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
That's normal with banned people, not sure what happened, but I see him lurking around.
I was still able to view his profile before my post though.
Haven't heard from @MsM3talGamer in a very long time.

Hasn't been on discord either.
I remember her saying that she was leaving to prepare for her ctb.

Last edited:
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
Not heard, but reacted to one of my posts last night.
Okay, thanks. Saw last activity was Sunday and had been in the hospital for an unsuccessful attempt. Hope all's well.

Reactions: Circles
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
I was still able to view his profile before my post though.

I remember her saying that she was leaving to prepare for her ctb.
Correct. She stuck around for a little while on discord and eventually didn't return.

Last heard from 3/14/19

Reactions: Circles
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
That's normal with banned people, not sure what happened, but I see him lurking around.
Usually you can still search for banned people's content though, can't you? I can't search for him.

I wish I knew what happened to @EvilAngelGoddess. She was in such distress and then disappeared.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, DreamsofDeath, Circles and 3 others
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
Did @ShadowOfTheDay get banned or ask to be banned? A lot of disappearances lately... :(

• Aww..
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, not-2-b-the-answer and Circles
About_to_Go

About_to_Go

It deepens like a coastal shelf
Mar 20, 2018
Has anyone been talking to @IronTusk since he got banned?

• Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Halo13 and Circles
Alchemist

Alchemist

Warlock
Apr 3, 2019
I see that ShadowOfTheDay was banned. Did he do anything wrong or did he ctb?

• Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
Now that people's accounts are closed when they post a goodbye thread, it would be nice to know which of the following reasons caused the ban:
  1. because they posted a goodbye thread
  2. because they requested it
  3. bad behavior
Since many people are close on this site, it is like being ghosted when we don't know.
Honestly, #2 seems quite privacy invasive, unless the user has given permission to share that information.

If users are indeed close, in a mutual way, then #2 will happen organically, without intervention from admins and mods. It should be a user's prerogative if they'd like to leave here without fanfare.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Deleted member 4288, color_me_gone and 1 other person
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
What happened to @Taylor?

Reactions: Deleted member 1768 and color_me_gone
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
What happened to @Taylor?

It's been discussed by a few users if you scroll up. He was banned.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/user-discussion-megathread.5384/page-23#post-314168

• Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and color_me_gone
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Deleted member 4288, color_me_gone and 1 other person
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
That's normal around this time of the year. You should've seen what it was like last year. Goodbye threads every day....
Wow, is it a seasonal thing? Rates for ctb raise high around the holidays, too. Especially Christmas

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, color_me_gone and throwaway123
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
Wow, is it a seasonal thing? Rates for ctb raise high around the holidays, too. Especially Christmas
Yes during spring and early summer the suicide rate is the highest.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: inconsequential, not_a_robot, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
Has there been a clean-up of the posts suggesting patently silly methods?
I found this forum, and joined it, hoping for advice on certain, painless methods. And to get away from the usual "don't do it" clichés. Things ARE getting worse for me, and will continue to do so, and I don't want do-gooders trying to stop me. I am hesitant because of fear, and because of the effect on my family, who have looked up to me as a rôle model in the past, and because of two affectionate and loyal dogs.
I have found some useful stuff, but I do get confused by the different opinions. One poster will tell us that such-and-such a method is certain and pain free, then along comes another to tell us the opposite. And I get annoyed by uninformed posters posing as experts - there is a place for them to state their opinions and beliefs, but should be honest enough to make their lack of real first hand knowledge quite clear. The daft suggestions are irritating too, and seem to be mocking the serious intent that most of us feel. As a response to such posts, I made a facetious suggestion in a post which I thought would be so completely OTT that the sarcasm would be an obvious rebuke, but that backfired on me.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: inconsequential, not_a_robot, Halo13 and 2 others
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
It should be a user's prerogative if they'd like to leave here without fanfare.
Agreed!
uninformed posters posing as experts
I think it is safe to say that nobody here is an "expert".
After all, colleges don't give out degrees in "how to commit suicide."
The ones that truly were successful, are no longer with us to relate what they did right.
Best is to read about the failures, and take that with a grain of salt.
All methods come with problems, things which may or may not go wrong.
It is what it is.
A certain amount of luck is also required with any method.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ἡγησίας, omoidarui, DreamsofDeath and 5 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Honestly, #2 seems quite privacy invasive, unless the user has given permission to share that information.

If users are indeed close, in a mutual way, then #2 will happen organically, without intervention from admins and mods. It should be a user's prerogative if they'd like to leave here without fanfare.

I don't think I will post a goodbye thread … In case I fail (Again) :'( If I do fail, I may be locked up and not be able to get on here for awhile.
I didn't post one last year before I tried. If I finally have the guts to do it again and succeed, I want everyone I will miss all of you. :'(

There was a post about goodbye threads and banning the users shortly after to prevent someone from using their account.

I think that is a good idea. :smiling:
It's been discussed by a few users if you scroll up. He was banned.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/user-discussion-megathread.5384/page-23#post-314168

I miss Taylor … I hope he can appeal his ban.:'(
Has there been a clean-up of the posts suggesting patently silly methods?
I found this forum, and joined it, hoping for advice on certain, painless methods. And to get away from the usual "don't do it" clichés. Things ARE getting worse for me, and will continue to do so, and I don't want do-gooders trying to stop me. I am hesitant because of fear, and because of the effect on my family, who have looked up to me as a rôle model in the past, and because of two affectionate and loyal dogs.
I have found some useful stuff, but I do get confused by the different opinions. One poster will tell us that such-and-such a method is certain and pain free, then along comes another to tell us the opposite. And I get annoyed by uninformed posters posing as experts - there is a place for them to state their opinions and beliefs, but should be honest enough to make their lack of real first hand knowledge quite clear. The daft suggestions are irritating too, and seem to be mocking the serious intent that most of us feel. As a response to such posts, I made a facetious suggestion in a post which I thought would be so completely OTT that the sarcasm would be an obvious rebuke, but that backfired on me.

So you aren't going to light fireworks around your head ??? :wink: Seriously though … many people don't have access to N or safer methods to CTB and are desperate. I don't remember who posted this method but I think that was their only option. It's sad to think that is their only way to CTB. :'(
I'm sorry for your pain. :'( I agree about the do-gooders. They used to post on the old S.S. forum on reddit. :angry:
I'm also hesitant because of fear. Mostly failing and being locked up.
I don't think there is a totally pain free method. Again … not an expert. :wink:
Out of curiosity … what was your facetious suggestion ??? :smiling:

Last edited:
Reactions: color_me_gone and Jen Erik
Alchemist

Alchemist

Warlock
Apr 3, 2019
Anyone knows anything about @Bedlamb ? She's been out since Fruday and I fear the worst.