O

OkTotti

Wizard
Nov 6, 2018
Sadly the same person *sighs*
hence me changing my profile to private to attempt to cut down on dm from these sorts of people. Lots of alts here. So sad
Wow.. that is really disappointing... i shared a number of DMs with Lostgirl... i guess the giveaway was Lostgirl asking about MorningAngel after MorningAngel had not been on this site in a few months then all of sudden MorningAngel appears.

Reactions: color_me_gone, Pineapplecrown, therhydler and 7 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Not naive, like me, trusting - in that spending time making up alternative "personalities" on the internet and giving them "identities" and remembering them etc is out of the scope of our awareness. Besides, I have enough trouble remembering one set of login details these days

Yup. This is why l very very rarely post on tribute or goodbye threads these days too. Seen too many occasions where it's been, well, fraudulent, sadly.

Anyway... not particularly high profile posters, but have @dartanian or @polyswarm left any clues as to their absence?

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, color_me_gone, sif and 9 others
Dor

Dor

SS village idiot
Nov 22, 2018
How could one get confirmation of death? Maybe give your personal details to an admin and show picture proof to an admin that you are who you say you are and with your ID or something besides you, where I live you can make a call to the tax office and ask if someone is alive or deceased since it's public record.

Reactions: color_me_gone, sif, gingerplum and 1 other person
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
How could one get confirmation of death? Maybe give your personal details to an admin and show picture proof to an admin that you are who you say you are and with your ID or something besides you, where I live you can make a call to the tax office and ask if someone is alive or deceased since it's public record.

Tbh we're not exactly entitled to confirmation of death, I'm certainly not inclined to make phone calls and investigate such things just to retain some integrity for this forum, that's in very poor taste. Occasionally when people pass it does make the news, or it can be confirmed by other means external to this site. When people post goodbye threads l bear in mind they may very well have ctb, but they also may not have, and that's just how it is.

What l will say though is that posting a goodbye thread and then immediately setting to work on an alt in order to watch the grieving of those you cultivated a friendship with, as a user is suggested to have done earlier in this thread, is a really shitty and manipulative thing to do and if that was the case then a banning is well deserved.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, neveranyhope, color_me_gone and 18 others
Dor

Dor

SS village idiot
Nov 22, 2018
Tbh we're not exactly entitled to confirmation of death, I'm certainly not inclined to make phone calls and investigate such things just to retain some integrity for this forum, that's in very poor taste. Occasionally when people pass it does make the news, or it can be confirmed by other means external to this site. When people post goodbye threads l bear in mind they may very well have ctb, but they also may not have, and that's just how it is.

What l will say though is that posting a goodbye thread and then immediately setting to work on an alt in order to watch the grieving of those you cultivated a friendship with, as a user is suggested to have done earlier in this thread, is a really shitty and manipulative thing to do and if that was the case then a banning is well deserved.

I'm only saying in cases where the person wants it confirmed, some might.

Hopeless_soul

Hopeless_soul

Soon
Jan 3, 2019
Occasionally when people pass it does make the news, or it can be confirmed by other means external to this site.

That's when someone has explicitly shared their real name, right?

Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
I'm only saying in cases where the person wants it confirmed, some might.

Ah, l see; sorry for the misunderstanding. I wouldn't give any great personal info away to anyone, l think if you wanted confirmation to be passed on just pm first name, age, general location; that info would be included in corresponding news articles and online tributes.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, color_me_gone, sif and 5 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
That's when someone has explicitly shared their real name, right?

I think in some cases this has happened, in others they've specified general location and method. Either way, something links them.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, color_me_gone, sif and 4 others
Hopeless_soul

Hopeless_soul

Soon
Jan 3, 2019
I think in some cases this has happened, in others they've specified general location and method. Either way, something links them.

Ah, ok. Thanks.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, color_me_gone, sif and 3 others
agreement

agreement

Mage
Mar 26, 2018
Not naive, like me, trusting - in that spending time making up alternative "personalities" on the internet and giving them "identities" and remembering them etc is out of the scope of our awareness. Besides, I have enough trouble remembering one set of login details these days

Plot twist: we're all different personalities of only one real person that is pratically using SS to let them interact (like in Split).

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Made4TV, gingerplum and 5 others
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
Does anyone know if @Fucking loving it is okay?

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, gingerplum and 1 other person
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
That thing about MorningAngel sucks a lot. I enjoyed talking to her. Stuff like that makes it really difficult to trust anyone on this website. I don't even want to know how many people have fake accounts, how many of them faked ctb and how many of them troll us on a regular base.

Last edited:
Reactions: color_me_gone, Made4TV, Pineapplecrown and 13 others
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
That thing about MorningAngel sucks a lot. I enjoyed talking to her. Stuff like that makes it really difficult to trust anyone on this website. I don't even want to know how many people have fake accounts, how many of them faked ctb and how many of therm troll us on a regular base.
I enjoyed talking to her too apart of me is saying she's innocent

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can, color_me_gone and 3 others
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I enjoyed talking to her too apart of me is saying she's innocent

She got completely wiped from the website. You can't even find her goodbye post anymore. I'm sure the staff wouldn't do that without severe evidence of fishy behavior.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, color_me_gone, Kim and 10 others
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
She got completely wiped from the website. You can't even find her goodbye post anymore. I'm sure the staff wouldn't do that without severe evidence of fishy behavior.
True I guess

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can, color_me_gone and 2 others
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
That thing about MorningAngel sucks a lot. I enjoyed talking to her. Stuff like that makes it really difficult to trust anyone on this website. I don't even want to know how many people have fake accounts, how many of them faked ctb and how many of them troll us on a regular base.
I totally agree

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, color_me_gone, gingerplum and 2 others
M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
Because of the fakery I tend to take everything people say online with a pinch of salt (like the "I was a beautiful girl" post). There are only a couple of people here that I've cultivated a friendship with who I trust. I've noticed that there seem to be many alts floating around lately.

Some trolls seem to create sock accounts and then head straight to the shoutbox where they're pretty easy to spot as fakes. I imagine it's a full-time job for the mods trying to keep these alts contained. I can only assume they try to troll on SS because they like all the attention they get from the drama.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can, color_me_gone and 13 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Amusing alts, clearly just creating discussion points are fine - laughter is precious these days, but pretend people watching over other people mourning their loss is beyond my comprehension. And they don't strike me as depressed. More another word beginning with a D.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, color_me_gone, Made4TV and 8 others
Winona

Winona

Sep 26, 2018
I'm watching this thread and reading the latest posts makes me feel horrible, because I want to confess that this is my second pofile, too. I had another one (I wasn't very talkative and wrote nearly 100+ posts, I don't think any of you knew me), but I received some direct messages from strange people, that frightened me, therefore I asked one of the mods to ban that account, and he permitted to use another one. This one I use only to find out the useful information about CTB, but not to communicate with people. I'm really scared to trust anybody here (

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, color_me_gone, Made4TV and 5 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I'm watching this thread and reading the latest posts makes me feel horrible, because I want to confess that this is my second pofile, too. I had another one (I wasn't very talkative and wrote nearly 100+ posts, I don't think any of you knew me), but I received some direct messages from strange people, that frightened me, therefore I asked one of the mods to ban that account, and he permitted to use another one. This one I use only to find out the useful information about CTB, but not to communicate with people. I'm really scared to trust anybody here (

Hi, don't feel bad x you weren't deliberately trying to befriend hundreds of people and deceive them, trying to get them to develop feelings for you - then setting a rocket under them and watch them burn; that's a whole different ball game. Xx

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, color_me_gone, Broken and 12 others
iHeartRockArt

iHeartRockArt

Wizard
Sep 21, 2018
Sadly the same person *sighs*
hence me changing my profile to private to attempt to cut down on dm from these sorts of people. Lots of alts here. So sad
No, not, the same person, please don't post things like this that could start rumors around the site if you don't know the correct information.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, color_me_gone, gingerplum and 4 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
No, not, the same person, please don't start rumors around the site if you don't know the correct information.

My apologies, was just all very weird with private messages etc x please feel free to delete any of my offending messages on this thread :-)

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, color_me_gone, Deafsn0w and 3 others
iHeartRockArt

iHeartRockArt

Wizard
Sep 21, 2018
My apologies, was just all very weird with messages etc x
I understand, and I get how frustrating it is to become close to these people and then they get banned. But I assure you every single one of them deserved it. We don't like banning users, and much thought is put into it before we do.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, color_me_gone, Hopeless_soul and 4 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I understand, and I get how frustrating it is to become close to these people and then they get banned. But I assure you every single one of them deserved it. We don't like banning users, and much thought is put into it before we do.

Thank you and thank you for all the behind the scenes detective work you do x :-)

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, color_me_gone, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 7 others
iHeartRockArt

iHeartRockArt

Wizard
Sep 21, 2018
My apologies, was just all very weird with private messages etc x please feel free to delete any of my offending messages on this thread :-)
I don't need to delete your messages, they were not offensive. I understand the concern and frustration. We just don't want false information/rumors circulating to get the userbase even more upset. You can freely express your concerns, that's ok.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, color_me_gone, BellaKAT and 7 others
iHeartRockArt

iHeartRockArt

Wizard
Sep 21, 2018
Thank you and thank you for all the behind the scenes detective work you do x :-)
Thank you a lot for acknowledging that. Means a lot to me and the rest of the staff. We are a team.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, ReadyasEver, Hopeless_soul and 6 others
Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
Creating alts on suicide groups isn't uncommon. Some people love to be the center of attention because they couldn't get it offline. Sometimes they needed an extra push from another user to do the deed, and then there are those who create goodbye threads and pretend to CTB, but have a second account ready to view the aftermath of it, realizing how much they were loved, so they can come back on their original account to say they failed. Happens all the time on ASH and a few other groups I've been in.

Take it with a grain of salt, don't get too attached, and don't let it affect you. Unless you're Daystavro and have 6 alts on here talking about how you want to die, but you need a passport to America to do so.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can, color_me_gone and 15 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Unless you're Daystavro and have 6 alts on here talking about how you want to die, but you need a passport to America to do so.

Lollll

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 4 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Take it with a grain of salt, don't get too attached, and don't let it affect you.

This is easier said than done for some people. I'm safe, I'm well-known as a cold fish and am often criticised for it, often by these same people or by those who are quick to defend those people, but that doesn't shield me from feeling raw anger when l see deliberately manipulative and essentially cruel deceptions carried out on people who may really struggle with it.

"Take it with a grain of salt" is fine advice, but by definition a forum such as this one houses people who are often at their most desperate, needy, vulnerable and in such a state of mind the desperation supersedes the cynicism we may require as a means of self-care. Personally, I'd prefer if every account that was banned for such a deception was publicly named, that way we'd all be aware which interactions, and with whom, we can write off as bullshit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, color_me_gone, TheCrow and 17 others