Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I'm sorry for your loss. I remember him, although I didn't actually know him or anything. We clashed a bit on anti-natalism stuff, actually. He was a huge proponent of it and I think I said it was a waste of time as people will always want to reproduce, because it feels good if nothing else. I do get the sense he was hurting a lot, and I really hope he's in a better place.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: rozeske, mya_ and Praestat_Mori
mya_

mya_

Not in this lifetime
Jun 13, 2024
I'm sorry for your loss. I remember him, although I didn't actually know him or anything. We clashed a bit on anti-natalism stuff, actually. He was a huge proponent of it and I think I said it was a waste of time as people will always want to reproduce, because it feels good if nothing else. I do get the sense he was hurting a lot, and I really hope he's in a better place.
Thanks for sharing 🩷 I also hope he's not hurting anymore 😞

• Love
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
K

Kavka

Jun 11, 2024
I'm so sorry for your loss. I really appreciate your open-mindedness, though I would totally understand if you're (also) feeling frustrated or even angry with this forum.

I didn't have the chance to meet your brother, but after reading his posts I really wish I had, as we have a lot in common. I think it has been really tough for him to deal with (probably) autism and OCD in his own life while at the same time holding a philosophical pessimistic outlook on life in general. I read that he was also vegan which, from my own experience, makes it (almost) impossible to have a positive view of humanity and life itself, because wild animals suffer immensely as well.

Many of his posts are driven by frustration, but it's clear to me that he was a clever and compassionate guy. You can only be frustrated with something if you care about it. Reading between the lines in his posts, I'd bet that he really loved you and his close family. He was an anti-natalist, so rationally he didn't feel any gratefulness for his birth, but it's obvious to me that he deeply cared about your mom.

I hope you can find some closure and maybe understand him and his decision a bit better through his posts. Please feel free to (privately) ask any questions.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: redeeming_butterfly, todiefor, mya_ and 1 other person
mya_

mya_

Not in this lifetime
Jun 13, 2024
I'm so sorry for your loss. I really appreciate your open-mindedness, though I would totally understand if you're (also) feeling frustrated or even angry with this forum.

I didn't have the chance to meet your brother, but after reading his posts I really wish I had, as we have a lot in common. I think it has been really tough for him to deal with (probably) autism and OCD in his own life while at the same time holding a philosophical pessimistic outlook on life in general. I read that he was also vegan which, from my own experience, makes it (almost) impossible to have a positive view of humanity and life itself, because wild animals suffer immensely as well.

Many of his posts are driven by frustration, but it's clear to me that he was a clever and compassionate guy. You can only be frustrated with something if you care about it. Reading between the lines in his posts, I'd bet that he really loved you and his close family. He was an anti-natalist, so rationally he didn't feel any gratefulness for his birth, but it's obvious to me that he deeply cared about your mom.

I hope you can find some closure and maybe understand him and his decision a bit better through his posts. Please feel free to (privately) ask any questions.
That was beautifully written and I think you got his character pretty well 🥲 I hope that what you said it's true and that he loved us in his own way. I was scared to find here that he hated us or something because apparently we didn't completely understand him. I'm also not angry towards this forum, I'm happy that he got to share his thoughts with other people. Thank you for your message

• Love
Reactions: One day too late, redeeming_butterfly and NumbItAll
todiefor

todiefor

I hope I made some +ve difference in ppl’s lives
Jun 24, 2023
I'm really sorry for your loss. Your respectfulness, compassion and lack of judgement is really such a breath of fresh air and appreciated. It sounds like you really cared for your brother 🫂❤️. If it helps, I frequent the chats a bit and I don't quite recall seeing him there. I will ask around and let you know if anyone knew of him and wants to reach out. I hope you find what you are looking for 🫂❤️.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mya_
mya_

mya_

Not in this lifetime
Jun 13, 2024
I'm really sorry for your loss. Your respectfulness, compassion and lack of judgement is really such a breath of fresh air and appreciated. It sounds like you really cared for your brother 🫂❤️. If it helps, I frequent the chats a bit and I don't quite recall seeing him there. I will ask around and let you know if anyone knew of him and wants to reach out. I hope you find what you are looking for 🫂❤️.
Thank you for your words 🤗🫂 You can always PM me if you find anything