• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

aliasblue.

aliasblue.

forever envious
Apr 3, 2023
I took around 15 pills of tylenol (500 mgs) around 3-4 hours ago. I feel completely fine. I weigh around 80 kgs and I don't have any liver problems as far as I'm aware. What'll happen to me?

Larysa

Larysa

Student
Apr 11, 2023
I took around 15 pills of tylenol (500 mgs) around 3-4 hours ago. I feel completely fine. I weigh around 80 kgs and I don't have any liver problems as far as I'm aware. What'll happen to me?

You mean 15 x 500mg don't you? So 7500mg in total. You need to go to ER for treatment.

The advice you have been given above (now deleted) is inaccurate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mauve87
Dying Knight

Dying Knight

-
Sep 17, 2023
you should be totally fine. with only 500 mgs you shouldn't suffer any liver damage either. You need about 5000 mgs at once to actually inflict any harm on yourself. DON'T take that much though, you won't die it just won't be good for you. Also its reallyyy hard to actually OD on Tylenol since you're very likely to throw it all up if you actually took a lethal dose. Along with it having a very wide therapeutic range. I'm pretty sure all this information is correct but I'm not a doctor so if any of its incorrect please correct me.
He probably meant 15 x 500 mg. That amount implies a high probability of causing a permanent damage to the liver, while the probability to survive is also relatively high.

Last edited:
strawb12

strawb12

-
Mar 26, 2023
ohhhh, I misunderstood, I thought he meant 500 mg total. Yeah you should definitely go to the doctor or call poison control. You need a huge amount of Tylenol to ctb & any less will just leave you in pain for a long time. Please try something else instead Tylenol is not a good method.

Larysa

Larysa

Student
Apr 11, 2023
You need to be seen in ER urgently, and definitely well before 8 hours after the OD. Otherwise serious risk of liver damage, it's incredibly painful.

7E282F53 8BFB 4F7C 9E6B E3676C206790

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dialogos and Mauve87
Dot

Dot

Globl mod | Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021

= commn nt 2 hve sde-effcts fr 24 hrs

U shld vist ER asap

• Informative
Reactions: dialogos, NearlyIrrelevantCake and DreamEnd
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
you should go to er immediately

• Informative
Reactions: dialogos
aliasblue.

aliasblue.

forever envious
Apr 3, 2023
You need to be seen in ER urgently, and definitely well before 8 hours after the OD. Otherwise liver damage, it's incredibly painful.

View attachment 120033
Would I be alright if I managed to make myself puke it out? I had did the same with advil a few years back, but I immediately puked it out.

S

soleil

Apr 28, 2023
I took 30-40 pills of extra strength Tylenol every single day for over a month forever ago, hoping to damage my liver and die and all it did was make me drowsy and knock out. I never puked because I spaced it out by 10 each. I had absolutely no issues with pain and it didn't do anything. I never went to the ER. If you're an alcoholic and already have a damaged liver then that's another story.
Would I be alright if I managed to make myself puke it out? I had did the same with advil a few years back, but I immediately puked it out.

Do it if it worries you. I honestly don't think it will do anything and you'll be fine. I have taken a million times more than that and didn't puke and was absolutely fine.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake
Larysa

Larysa

Student
Apr 11, 2023

Do you mean puke now? No, as much will be absorbed already.

No one here can legitimately say anything except get medical attention immediately.

Just because someone else took xxx and was fine, means nothing for you.

You do not need to be an alcoholic to seriously damage your liver with a Tylenol OD.

• Informative
Reactions: dialogos and Tesha
Dying Knight

Dying Knight

-
Sep 17, 2023
Most part of it is probably absorbed already, but stomach washing is worth trying. It may release some remaining paracetamol.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Visionary
May 5, 2020
I honestly don't think a Tylenol overdose was the best idea (as others have pointed out) but it is your body.

Larysa

Larysa

Student
Apr 11, 2023
@strawb12, would you consider deleting your first post as it is inaccurate (it is not hard to OD on Tylenol for many people) and someone has already marked it as a point of information. Appreciate you reconsidering.

Reactions: strawb12
Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
I took 30-40 pills of extra strength Tylenol every single day for over a month forever ago, hoping to damage my liver and die and all it did was make me drowsy and knock out. I never puked because I spaced it out by 10 each. I had absolutely no issues with pain and it didn't do anything. I never went to the ER. If you're an alcoholic and already have a damaged liver then that's another story.

Do it if it worries you. I honestly don't think it will do anything and you'll be fine. I have taken a million times more than that and didn't puke and was absolutely fine.

15-16 parctml hve also killd ppl b4 -- evn tho = rare

Evry1 = diffrnt s/ no1 knws hw a persn wll rspond

Thy shld seek medcl attntn

Reactions: dialogos and Kompass
Larysa

Larysa

Student
Apr 11, 2023
15-16 parctml hve also killd ppl b4 -- evn tho = rare

Evry1 = diffrnt s/ no1 knws hw a persn wll rspond

Thy shld seek medcl attntn

It's not just the risk of death (the poster may want that) but the risk of permanent damage and severe pain.

Last edited:
Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021

3-4 hrs = t/ mch tme fr tht

Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
It's just not the risk of death (the poster may want that) but the risk of permanent damage and severe pain.

Yh - am sayng tht thre wll b varianc in hw ppl rspond t/ an OD lke tht s/ OP shld vist ER

strawb12

strawb12

-
Mar 26, 2023
@strawb12, would you consider deleting your first post as it is inaccurate (it is not hard to OD on Tylenol for many people) and someone has already marked it as a point of information. Appreciate you reconsidering.
yeah it seems like Dot already removed it. I read it wrong the first time, definitely didn't mean to spread any misinformation.

Reactions: Kompass and Larysa
Dying Knight

Dying Knight

-
Sep 17, 2023
N-acetylcysteine is used for treatment of paracetamol overdose, and it's effective during 8 hours after taking the meds, so the author has a chance to minimize the harm so far.

aliasblue.

aliasblue.

forever envious
Apr 3, 2023
N-acetylcysteine is used for treatment of paracetamol overdose, and it's effective during 8 hours after taking the meds, so the author has a chance to minimize the harm so far.
I don't think I can visit the ER. I don't want to be put on suicide watch or anything. I have once taken around 10 tylenol before, same 500 mgs pills and all I got was a bad headache. Is there I'll be okay without medical treatment?

Larysa

Larysa

Student
Apr 11, 2023
You seem to want someone to tell you you'll be OK without help - I get it - but no one can genuinely do that.

You could tell ER that you were taking them for pain and fever, you were feeling delirious, and got confused about how many you had taken.

• Love
Reactions: dialogos, AnonGermany and Dying Knight
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Well, your kidneys will not thank you if you take any more.
This is a great method for self harm, not ctb.

Reactions: dialogos and strawb12
aliasblue.

aliasblue.

forever envious
Apr 3, 2023
You seem to want someone to tell you you'll be OK without help - I get it - but no one can genuinely do that.

You could tell ER that you were taking them for pain and fever, you were feeling delirious, and got confused about how many you had taken.
I am just worried. I have visible SH scars and if any of my family is called, they'll tell them about my suicidal tendencies/ mental illnesses.

• Hugs
Reactions: Larysa
Larysa

Larysa

Student
Apr 11, 2023
I am just worried. I have visible SH scars and if any of my family is called, they'll tell them about my suicidal tendencies/ mental illnesses.

It is of course your choice. Would they be likely to call your family due to your age?

Larysa

Larysa

Student
Apr 11, 2023
I'm really sorry that you're in this difficult situation. I'm sorry, I don't know what else to say 🫂

• Love
Reactions: aliasblue.
H

HerculePoirot

(Frozen account)
Sep 25, 2022
Stop wasting time. You need emergency medical attention NOW. If not, you will suffer horribly (and maybe die but much later)

CALL FOR HELP RIGHT NOW

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Please go to the hospital, you'll get renal damage. Go now.

Dying Knight

Dying Knight

-
Sep 17, 2023
I don't think I can visit the ER. I don't want to be put on suicide watch or anything.
You can tell that you vaguely remembered that the max allowed per-day dose is 20 g, so you consumed 3 pills in every 30 minutes during 2.5 hours because of a headache. Then you read the instruction carefully and noticed that you actually got the overdose. This legend may work.
Is there I'll be okay without medical treatment?
You've got 7.5 g in one time, while 4 g is the max allowed per-day amount. The chances of damaging your liver are huge.

Larysa

Larysa

Student
Apr 11, 2023
I'm really sorry that you're in this difficult situation. I'm sorry, I don't know what else to say 🫂

I still strongly feel you should go to ER, and deal with anything else later.

Are you in USA? I would hope you could present this as a mistake or at least not a serious ctb attempt, and avoid any intrusive MH follow up, but may be someone else in USA can advise? In the UK they would likely just send you home, may be a quick psychiatric liaison check.