not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
If users are under the age of 18 or 20, people on here tell them they're too young to ctb. Just stop. It would be a good idea for these people to get help, but they still have the right to ctb. Someone doesn't suddenly gain the right to ctb once they turn 18 or 20. I'm 20, nearly 21, and according to many users on here, that apparently gives me more right to ctb than someone who is 1-4+ years younger than me. If I could go back in time, I would have ctb when I was 12. Would've saved a lot of suffering. I agree that we should encourage young users to explore other options, but it's frustrating when users on here won't even help them find a method and instead just lecture them.

I agree … if I could have ctb at 18 it would have saved me years of misery.
Not encouraging anyone to ctb but in my case I would have been better off.
For my personal opinion I think under 18 is too young but I don't know what other people are going through.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Trashcan
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Well, I never try to stop anyone regardless of age... But I also never straight up tell people to kill themselves. I think everyone is entitled to make that choice by themselves. I will be 28 in a few days, and I have been suicidal since I was 15 (it only got really bad a few years ago, tho). I would hate if people didn't take me serious back then because I was just a teenager.

I agree the last thing I would have wanted to hear when I was a teenager is that I'm too young to ctb.
In fact I don't want to hear that at any age. ;)

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Chloe, Trashcan and 1 other person
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
For me personally, I have an 18+ policy when talking too openly with people about CTB. I never encourage or discourage. I just listen, share my personal experiences and talk about my ethical viewpoint on the issue. If someone has a method in mind that I think will fail or cause them great agony, I'll tell them...but not stop them. Parents put their own children's life at risk just by giving birth to them. The world is a dangerous and tragic place. Sometimes childhood suicide is a result of this.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, not-2-b-the-answer, Trashcan and 3 others