• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

F

FreeZebra

Sep 10, 2021
How do you manage a hanging to be sure to die according to you? I know that there are only 70% of people who manage to hang themselves ...

Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
The most important thing is find a place where nobody disturbs you, do full suspension (there´s less risk to fail afterdropping into the noose), use a good anchor point and maybe take something that calms you down

F

FreeZebra

Sep 10, 2021
I failed partial hanging and i 'm very affraid to fail again
Do you try full suspension ?

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
Maybe you can start a thread with what went wrong? But i would suggest full suspension, cause it´s more liely to succeed

F

FreeZebra

Sep 10, 2021
have you experienced full suspension?
?

Last edited:
Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
Yes it was full suspension

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
I was rescued after I passed out...

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
Sorry don´t understand, my english is not that good

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
Yes, a few days problems with swallowing, my neck hurted, headache for a few hours and I was a few days in mental hospital.

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
Yes, when it´s neccessary to die, I will die by hanging

ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
@Lady black im close to 95-100kg at the moment, judging by looking at your past replies in here, I would need 14mm rope? Also, does neck size factor into it? I have more of a skinnier neck.

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
I think 14mm would also work for you but have a look at the capacity of the rope

L

lastlife_

Nov 15, 2021
This is kind of unrelated but I'm curious how many successful hangings are done by rope vs other ligatures because I read a lot of articles about suicides and the majority of hangings seem to detail belts, scarfs, torn bedsheets or clothing used as a ligature and I rarely see anything about ropes.. this is why I haven't bothered to invest money into a rope. I have a scarf, belt or torn bedsheets which I've already prepared and tested their strength/comfortability.

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
This can also work, but if you have bad luck it takes longer to pass out than with the right rope

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
So you did hangings by full suspension and passed out and survived? Did someone else pull you down? I thought that if you passed out during a full suspension hanging that you would be almost guaranteed to ctb. Am I missing something?

Full suspension is not long drop hanging. You bend your knees carefully until your feet are in the air and than you kick the stool away. There is no risk to injure your neck or trachea. A partner holds the free end of the rope and lets me down as soon as I black out. You can pass out for some seconds without brain damage (at least I hope so).

You are right, if the free end of the rope is fixed at an anchor point death in some minutes is inevitable.
This is kind of unrelated but I'm curious how many successful hangings are done by rope vs other ligatures because I read a lot of articles about suicides and the majority of hangings seem to detail belts, scarfs, torn bedsheets or clothing used as a ligature and I rarely see anything about ropes.. this is why I haven't bothered to invest money into a rope. I have a scarf, belt or torn bedsheets which I've already prepared and tested their strength/comfortability.

For what do you save the money?

Last edited:
Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
Normally every hardware store knows how much weight the rope could carry. You need to know that for technical use of the rope

Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
Full suspension is not long drop hanging. You bend your knees carefully until your feet are in the air and than you kick the stool away. There is no risk to injure your neck or trachea. A partner holds the free end of the rope and lets me down as soon as I black out. You can pass out for some seconds without brain damage (at least I hope so).

You are right, if the free end of the rope is fixed at an anchor point death in some minutes is inevitable.

For what do you save the money?
No risk to injure your your neck or trachea? How do you feel that is?

GettingOut

GettingOut

I'm not worth any tears
Aug 16, 2022
I'm 1.7m tall and weigh 78kg. If my calculations are correct a 12 mm braided polypropylene should work at full suspension. Your comments would be much appreciated.

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
I'm 1.7m tall and weigh 78kg. If my calculations are correct a 12 mm braided polypropylene should work at full suspension. Your comments would be much appreciated.
If your complete setup is done well this rope will kill you for sure and you will pass out within 5 to 15 seconds.

Reactions: GettingOut
GettingOut

GettingOut

I'm not worth any tears
Aug 16, 2022
From my research a good setup would include, full suspension, a self tightening knot on the anchor point and a 13 loop self tightening noose. Is there anything that I'm overlooking for a good setup?

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
Don´t underestimate the "drop" caused by the tightening of the noose, it will reduce the diameter of your neck about 50%. If your noose is not positioned high enough your feet will touch the ground and worst case you can stand on your tiptoes what will prolong your agony.

GettingOut

GettingOut

I'm not worth any tears
Aug 16, 2022
Don´t underestimate the "drop" caused by the tightening of the noose, it will reduce the diameter of your neck about 50%. If your noose is not positioned high enough your feet will touch the ground and worst case you can stand on your tiptoes what will prolong your agony.
Thanks for that important detail. Is there another noose tie that you'd recommend?