• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
I've read a lot of hanging threads, including the megathread (though a lot of the posts there are related to partial) and I still don't have a straight answer....for full suspension is it better to go with thicker or thinner rope? Many people say 10-15mm. I ordered 14mm and it arrived and man it's quite thick! Thicker than what I imagined.
My main question is which is better for closing off the blood vessels? Thicker or thinner? I've seen people say both. Some people say the thinner rope will cut more into your neck and cut off the blood supply but others say thicker is better because more area is getting pressure put on it and is more likely to cut off blood supply.
PPeH has nothing about hanging and Five Last Acts doesn't mention anything about rope size for full suspension. They just say, don't do it, it's slow and painful.
Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Reactions: bubo
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
It depends. If you are rather thin take a thinner rope about 10mm. If you are not so slim take the thicker rope, it won't bite so deep into your neck

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
It depends. If you are rather thin take a thinner rope about 10mm. If you are not so slim take the thicker rope, it won't bite so deep into your neck
I might try the 12 mm. Sometimes 10mm seems a bit thin so maybe this compromise!

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
It depends on your body. 12mm is surely a good compromise if you are not too slim

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
I´m sure you will die with a 10 or 12mm rope. But the difference will be how long it takes to pass out or how much the rope will hurt you. If you think 12mm will be better, take it.

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
I´m sure you will die with a 10 or 12mm rope. But the difference will be how long it takes to pass out or how much the rope will hurt you. If you think 12mm will be better, take it.
Could you clarify please? Do you you'd pass out quicker with a thinner rope?

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
The thinner the rope is, the more your neck will be compressed (pressure=force divided by the area, so the smaller the area is, the more pressure is there) and the sooner your ateries will be closed. But if the rope is too thin it bites deeper into your neck and hurts you unnecessary.

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
The thinner the rope is, the more your neck will be compressed (pressure=force divided by the area, so the smaller the area is, the more pressure is there) and the sooner your ateries will be closed. But if the rope is too thin it bites deeper into your neck and hurts you unnecessary.
I don't know jack about physics so thanks for explaining that to me! 😅 Ok, thinner is better...that's good to know from a physics perspective. I do have a 10mm nylon rope but it's not smooth and not very flexible so I'll get a marine or climbing rope or something.

Reactions: Lady black
Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
Nylon rope often worked for that. But take something you prefer, it´s your hanging and you should feel safe then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ta555
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Is there a specific brand of rope that anyone could recommend?

Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
Mine is 14mm, double braided. It looks thick but I have tried it and it's much more comfortable than a thinner rope.

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
Is there a specific brand of rope that anyone could recommend?
You know that´s not easy to answer, cause there are different ropes in different parts of the world. I bought mine at the local hardware store.

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
Mine is 14mm, double braided. It looks thick but I have tried it and it's much more comfortable than a thinner rope.
I have a smooth 14 mm but man it just seems so thick I'd wouldn't trust the knots to stay tight.

Reactions: Someone123
Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
Mine is also 14mm it´s perfect for me and my weight

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
Then a thinner rope is better. At my first attempt where I nearly died I used a 10mm nylon rope. At this time I was about 1,90m and 65kg. Now I´m about 94kg...

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
what material of rope would be best? i'm looking online at what's available in my area but i'm going to be honest, i don't know what any of the different types are, they have some at craft stores but i don't know how much weight it could hold

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
Nylon, polypropylene, polyester, cotton, hemp,

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
Then a thinner rope is better. At my first attempt where I nearly died I used a 10mm nylon rope. At this time I was about 1,90m and 65kg. Now I´m about 94kg...
How did you find the 10mm at 65kg? Coz I weigh a bit less than that.

• Love
Reactions: apathetic.
Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
It was ideal, I passed out in a few seconds without suffering. It was the perfect full suspension hanging, but I was rescued.

• Love
Reactions: Shu and apathetic.
T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
It was ideal, I passed out in a few seconds without suffering. It was the perfect full suspension hanging, but I was rescued.
That's very useful to know, thank you! Can I ask what you used as your anchor point if it's ok?

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
The branch of a tree

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
How did you find the 10mm at 65kg? Coz I weigh a bit less than that.
A rope needs to be able to support a lot more than a person's weight due to the torque that will happen from twisting around.

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
For nonlethal hangings (full suspension) I used a mooring rope of 20 mm diameter and a loop that does not pull tight. My weight is about 90 kg and I passed out within 5 to 15 seconds. A thinner rope and a tightening noose would increase the pressure on my neck but I assume I would not pass out faster. When the blood vessels in the neck are already flattened additional pressure would change nothing.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Someone123
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
For nonlethal hangings (full suspension) I used a mooring rope of 20 mm diameter and a loop that does not pull tight. My weight is about 90 kg and I passed out within 5 to 15 seconds. A thinner rope and a tightening noose would increase the pressure on my neck but I assume I would not pass out faster. When the blood vessels in the neck are already flattened additional pressure would change nothing.
So you did hangings by full suspension and passed out and survived? Did someone else pull you down? I thought that if you passed out during a full suspension hanging that you would be almost guaranteed to ctb. Am I missing something?

Reactions: FreeZebra
Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
20mm is a bit thick, for "hanging games" it´s surely perfect, but for suicide it´s a bit thick. But also for sure it will work that you also die with 20mm

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
Sorry, I don´t know why, but since a few months my option to send a pm is gone away...

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
Maybe you can ask here?