• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
They are so so fucking stupid. I am in a day clinic since 2 weeks. I am ambigous whether it actually helps. The conversations and therapy help. But they are also overburdening. My biggest issue is that this clinic starts very early in the morning. And that's so toxic for my mental health and sleep rhythm. So far I had to wake up 6:30 a.m. And had to be at the clinic at 7:30 a.m. However, my brain can't cope with that and I am regularly awake at 4:30 a.m. or earlier. I lack sleep and going earlier to bed does not really help. I got pretty paranoid because of that and some of my interactions on this forum prove that. I already told to a staff member it would be very relieving for me to come 1 hour later and to go 1 hour earlier. This would be so so much better for my mental health. Furthermore, they prohibited me to take my z-medication (addictive sleeping pill) regularly which is the sole reason I am able to study and be able to keep my shit together. Moreover, I am not allowed to adjust my other sleeping medication on my own because they want to be in control of it. Honestly, I was so fucking paranoid the last days.

But today something completely insane happened. I had a long conversation with a staff member. I often come 5 minutes too late to the clinic because my bus is sometimes delayed as so often in Germany. I thought this would be no problem at all. We bascially do nothing in the first hour. I never expected this could cause problems. Well they want me to take a bus earlier. (otherwise I might get thrown out) I was completely stunned. I was too shy to beg them to come later. But now they want me to come even earlier for bascially nothing. For fucking 5 minutes in which we do bascially nothing. I was really like what the actual fuck. I did not know what to respond. I liked the staff member who was the messenger. And she suspected me to become acute suicidal after this message. I was uncertain what to respond and had to take some times to think about it.

I messaged my parents and told them that the clinic demands insane and impossible things from me and that it is impossible to go there anymore. I asked the staff member to take some time to talk again. I told her (I tried to be very friendly) that under these circumstances it is impossible for me to continue going to the clinic. I told them a lot (gladly not everything other patients did that and I had the feeling some regretted it. They acted very carefully after spending time in the closed psych ward) about my suicidality. I knew they would not let me walk away as a free man after all the things I explained. I tried to be cooperative. I told them that it is too demanding for me. I told them I will go to a sports club to work on my physcial health I might really do that. I hate sports but so many people tell me it is horrible to lay 75% of your life time in bed). I will make a thread about that in the future. And I told them I will go to another day clinic. This is somewhat of a lie. I already went there and the psychiatrist told me I probably had to stay over night which is unacceptable for me. I won't do that. I could try to negotiate again. Moreover, smartphones are prohibited in that clinic and hell I don't want to torture me with that. Further, most patients are way older than me. I am not sure whether she got the message which I tried to communicate her. I think she was only relieved I still have plans for the future. I am not sure whether she understood that taking this bus earlier would fuel my demise pretty rapidly. She still told me to still do that.

So well. I told them the day clinic decreases my suicidality a lot. But I am really not sure whether that's actually the truth. My main reason to stay is the potential to find a girlfriend there who fits to me. So far none of them interested me. However, I have pretty good interactions with my clinic clique. They all know suicidality a lot.
These demands are such a joke. I should ruin my mental health even more just for 5 minutes doing nothing. This is so insane. I was in so much pain the last days and they know that. Still they demand such bullshit of me. Holy shit.

Last edited:
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Bump
I will soon go to sleep and I would like to get one reply before doing that. Lol.

• Yay!
Reactions: WoNkEy_DoNkEy
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
This sounds very unfair, especially as you are a willing participant in the program and are not being forced to be there. They should be serving you, not the other way around, as their job is to try and help and support you, not cause you even more stress.

I'm unsure why they are being so difficult, with the exception of major metropolitan cities with heavily regulated and staffed public transit systems, trains and buses are almost never perfectly on time, at least in mt country. You'd think they would understand this, but I've heard german culture is very austere and strict about punctuality. Still, I don't see why they would make such a big deal out of this if you arent doing much in that first hour anyway!

It sounds like besides the socialization aspect they are failing to meet your needs, and I think it's good to be honest about that. Healthcare is meant to help us and make our lives easier, not the other way around. You shouldn't have to deteriorate and struggle to function solely to make those staff member's jobs easier. I know you have tried so many things already, so I'm not sure if there are many other clinics available to try, but I would see if they can refer you to a less intense one where you're given more flexibility.

painoflife

painoflife

Arcanist
Jul 27, 2019
They do sounds overly demanding with the strict start times but maybe it is their attempt to get people into the routine of life with things like start times for jobs etc.
I feel they should be doing more to make it easier for you especially as you have told them you are struggling, and although talking to them about it seems daunting it would be the only way to address it I'm afraid. Is there maybe somebody else who you could car share with so you could get there on time but without having to leave extra early? Maybe they could help you do a problem solving exercise to come up with different solutions rather than just flat out saying you must get an earlier bus?

I hope you manage to stay a part of the group if you wish to and I hope they can do more for you during this difficult time.

• Love
Reactions: noname223
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
They do sounds overly demanding with the strict start times but maybe it is their attempt to get people into the routine of life with things like start times for jobs etc.
I feel they should be doing more to make it easier for you especially as you have told them you are struggling, and although talking to them about it seems daunting it would be the only way to address it I'm afraid. Is there maybe somebody else who you could car share with so you could get there on time but without having to leave extra early? Maybe they could help you do a problem solving exercise to come up with different solutions rather than just flat out saying you must get an earlier bus?

I hope you manage to stay a part of the group if you wish to and I hope they can do more for you during this difficult time.
Thanks a lot for showing interest in my case. I emphasized my sleeping issues in the context of taking the bus early in front of two staff member. But they are not responsible for the rules. I think the higher ups can decide that and they are not the nicest people. I am pretty fucked in this instance.

EyesOfNight

EyesOfNight

the night will be eternal
Feb 2, 2024
It sucks. Most people working at such facilities are just power hungry assholes. The ones that aren't usually can't help. I wish you the best of luck.

painoflife

painoflife

Arcanist
Jul 27, 2019
Thanks a lot for showing interest in my case. I emphasized my sleeping issues in the context of taking the bus early in front of two staff member. But they are not responsible for the rules. I think the higher ups can decide that and they are not the nicest people. I am pretty fucked in this instance.
While they may not make the rules, they still have a duty of care. It is their responsibility to take the matter to the powers-that-be and be the bridge between you and them to help find a solution that works.