Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I am curious, are you good at cooking or are you more of a toast and butter cooking type person?
I'm okay at cooking. I usually follow recipes online. Sometimes, they turn out good, other times, not so good

Reactions: Jean4 and BlueWidow
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I'm okay at cooking. I usually follow recipes online. Sometimes, they turn out good, other times, not so good
I can't boil water lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Squiddy
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Don't worry, @Sensei is cooking up the Absinth. There will be plenty of rum if we can pry it out of @BlueWidows' hands, and @Morphinekiss is kissing us off on the who rum drinking thing, opting for wine. I think we will be well ready for the midnight kissing spree, in all time zones. Bring the bottle, @BlueWidow (maybe 2-3 bottles)!
I've got plenty of rum for all! Oh, absinthe! I've never had that either. I'd like to try that as well. Hmmm. . . Gin, absinthe, rum, vodka. . . It's probably not good to mix so many different liquors. I may have to choose one liquor at a time.

M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
I've got plenty of rum for all! Oh, absinthe! I've never had that either. I'd like to try that as well. Hmmm. . . Gin, absinthe, rum, vodka. . . It's probably not good to mix so many different liquors. I may have to choose one liquor at a time.
You only live once. Mix them all. Hasn't killed me yet! (Unless this is actually hell)

Reactions: Jean4, BlueWidow and realjunes
Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
Sounds like me. I find a decent online recipe and get too excited and forget to add ingredients in lol.....
I can't boil water lol
I can make a mean sodium nitrate drink

• Hugs
Reactions: Jean4 and Squiddy
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
That's pretty much what I do, Squiddy. I just follow the recipe and pray I don't set off the smoke alarm. Of course, I've been watching the Cooking Channel and the Food Network for years, even though I didn't cook. Now that I've started cooking, I'm finding that I must've picked up stuff from watching all those programs for so long.

• Hugs
Reactions: Jean4, Azzy69 and Squiddy
R

realjunes

Warlock
Oct 1, 2019

BW - since YOU corrupted me into becoming a "drinker" - does the rum go into the eggnog? Is eggnog a think I can put on my Walmart shopping list for tomorrow, is Rum at Walmart, or how do I consume this whole Rum thing? I am a bit of a Wuss on the liquor, so be gentle.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
That's pretty much what I do, Squiddy. I just follow the recipe and pray I don't set off the smoke alarm. Of course, I've been watching the Cooking Channel and the Food Network for years, even though I didn't cook. Now that I've started cooking, I'm finding that I must've picked up stuff from watching all those programs for so long.
I love the Food Network. My favorite show is Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. The food looks so good on that show

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
You only live once. Mix them all. Hasn't killed me yet! (Unless this is actually hell)
Well, I was thinking, isn't a Long Island Iced Tea just a bunch of liquors mixed together? I haven't had one of those in ages so I don't even remember what's in it right now.

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
O
Nahhhhhhh :blarg:

Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
Gordon Ramsey

M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
Well, I was thinking, isn't a Long Island Iced Tea just a bunch of liquors mixed together? I haven't had one of those in ages so I don't even remember what's in it right now.
Oh god I just had flashbacks to setting my shoe on fire one night after too many Long Island iced teas.

maybe it's best we not mix. :pfff: :pfff:

Reactions: realjunes
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
BW - since YOU corrupted me into becoming a "drinker" - does the rum go into the eggnog? Is eggnog a think I can put on my Walmart shopping list for tomorrow, is Rum at Walmart, or how do I consume this whole Rum thing? I am a bit of a Wuss on the liquor, so be gentle.
Eggnog!!!!!! Yes with the rum

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
what is it.... vodka, rum, gin, triplesec, tequilla, splash of like tea/coke for color.

Reactions: Jean4
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Once when I was at LAX and had a 10 hour wait, I got a $9 long island ice tea like 1 hr before my flight. I may have been slightly out of it boarding the plane.

Reactions: BlueWidow and Jean4
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I don't really drink eggnog, but I think that does contain rum. I usually drink the spiced rum. I've been using it to make an Apple Cider Hot Toddy, which is just apple cider and whatever spices you like such as cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice. I also put in some brown sugar for a little bit of sweetness and the apple cider I use is a tart apple cider so it's not too sweet. You mix your spices, your sugar, and your apple cider together and put it in the microwave for a few minutes just to get it warm, not overly hot or boiling. Then when you're done hearing it, you dump in however much rum you want. Anywhere from a few splashes, to half the bottle, depending on what your goal is. Actually, I usually just go with 2 to 4 splashes per cup of cider. If you get everything balanced right, you can't even taste the rum. It just blends in with all the other flavors and you don't even know you're drinking alcohol. That's why it's so dangerous because you can get buzzed on it really quickly without realizing it.

Reactions: Jean4
R

realjunes

Warlock
Oct 1, 2019
You can do it. I have faith, and I do understand about your fish. I felt the same way. I had goldfish, blind cave fish and guppies.
Oh @SinisterKid

View attachment 22734
Sorry to interrupt, but IF anyone can tell me on the very low dummy level, how to get this kitty picture on to a "conversation" on the SS forum, and could PM me the ABC version of how, I would appreciate it. It is so great, and I have a cat person to harass I need it for.

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Once when I was at LAX and had a 10 hour wait, I got a $9 long island ice tea like 1 hr before my flight. I may have been slightly out of it boarding the plane.
They are the best!!

R

realjunes

Warlock
Oct 1, 2019
I don't really drink eggnog, but I think that does contain rum. I usually drink the spiced rum. I've been using it to make an Apple Cider Hot Toddy, which is just apple cider and whatever spices you like such as cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice. I also put in some brown sugar for a little bit of sweetness and the apple cider I use is a tart apple cider so it's not too sweet. You mix your spices, your sugar, and your apple cider together and put it in the microwave for a few minutes just to get it warm, not overly hot or boiling. Then when you're done hearing it, you dump in however much rum you want. Anywhere from a few splashes, to half the bottle, depending on what your goal is. Actually, I usually just go with 2 to 4 splashes per cup of cider. If you get everything balanced right, you can't even taste the rum. It just blends in with all the other flavors and you don't even know you're drinking alcohol. That's why it's so dangerous because you can get buzzed on it really quickly without realizing it.
Okay, now we are talking. I just cut and pasted this recipe and put it on my list of things to try! Sounds perfect.

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Okay, now we are talking. I just cut and pasted this recipe and put it on my list of things to try! Sounds perfect.
Pics!!!!!

Reactions: Azzy69
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
The other one I've been drinking is Hot Buttered Rum. You can find recipes for it online, but the one I recommend is the one by Ree Drummond, otherwise known as the Pioneer Woman. Again, it's just mixing a bunch of spices, such as allspice, cinnamon, and such with some butter and brown sugar. You let the butter come to room temperature a little bit so you can mix the stuff into it. Then you use the brown sugar and the spices and sort of smash it into the butter until it all is blended together and becomes a sort of dough consistency. Then you put it back in the fridge to firm up. Then when you want to make your Hot Buttered Rum, you just take two or three good spoons of the dough and put it in your glass, then you put in a tiny bit of water and put it in the microwave and melt it. Then at the end you put in your rum. It's not that difficult. If it was I wouldn't be doing it. I had seen all these complicated recipes for hot buttered rum on the Internet, but Ree's recipe is very simple and I happened to see it the other night on TV, and I actually had all the ingredients for it already in my kitchen, so I went in and whipped it up at the last minute. That's how easy it is.

Reactions: Azzy69
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
The other one I've been drinking is Hot Buttered Rum. You can find recipes for it online, but the one I recommend is the one by Ree Drummond, otherwise known as the Pioneer Woman. Again, it's just mixing a bunch of spices, such as allspice, cinnamon, and such with some butter and brown sugar. You let the butter come to room temperature a little bit so you can mix the stuff into it. Then you use the brown sugar and the spices and sort of smash it into the butter until it all is blended together and becomes a sort of dough consistency. Then you put it back in the fridge to firm up. Then when you want to make your Hot Buttered Rum, you just take two or three good spoons of the dough and put it in your glass, then you put in a tiny bit of water and put it in the microwave and melt it. Then at the end you put in your rum. It's not that difficult. If it was I wouldn't be doing it. I had seen all these complicated recipes for hot buttered rum on the Internet, but Ree's recipe is very simple and I happened to see it the other night on TV, and I actually had all the ingredients for it already in my kitchen, so I went in and whipped it up at the last minute. That's how easy it is.
I love the Pioneer Woman!!

Reactions: BlueWidow
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I think most hot toddies are actually made with whiskey, but you can also substitute vodka or rum for the whiskey if you like. I've never had it with vodka. I don't know that vodka has any taste of its own unless it's a flavored vodka. The reason I like the rum is because it seems to go with all the other flavors and enhances them. That, and whiskey doesn't really agree with my stomach anymore. I used to love to drink whiskey, but my stomach won't let me do it anymore.
Pics!!!!!
Right now I still have some of the hot buttered rum dough mix left, but if I make another batch, I can take pictures. I'm sure I'll probably make another batch before New Year's Eve.
Maybe I should start my own cooking show.
Hmmm. . . What would I call it?
That's the best way to be when boarding a plane, particularly if it's going to be a long flight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carina and Jean4
Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
20191228 125251
they love when I clean their tank @Squiddy @Jean4

• Love
Reactions: Jean4 and Squiddy