Incorrigible77777

Incorrigible77777

I was born human and I'm sorry for that. ——太宰 治
Jul 9, 2020
No, don't do that. They'd NEVER EVER understand that. Some so-called pro-lifers around me would even think depression sufferers are simply attention whores who try to gain focus from people with outrageous behaviors.

• Love
Reactions: Zappfe lover and somniummalum
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
I talked to my mom about ctb and she keeps telling me that I have to change and go outside more and she told me that just being in my room is making me depressed and that it's all my fault. Well if I have to change I don't wanna live, I don't have the motivation to change just so I can survive on this planet, I'm over it, I just wanna disappear into nothingness
While a change in routine can help, it will not address why your current routine works for you. And...it is NOT your fault. Life happens and not the same for everyone.

VoidGirl

VoidGirl

Longing for the Void's embrace
Jul 21, 2020
It's pretty much pointless to try to talk about CTB with pro-lifers. They will resort to spouting the same platitudes you have heard time and time again because the subject is not something they have devoted any time or brain power seriously thinking about.

Their "opinion" of it is not even an opinion. It's simply what society crammed into their heads about "life being a gift" and suicide being bad.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I tend to keep my suicidal thoughts for myself, mostly. I've decided to talk to my brother, since he noticed I was feeling bad.
I've told him my honest opinion about suicide, why I struggle to hold onto life, why I suffer so much etc.

Everytime we talk, I pretty much get ranted at for an hour, things like "you have to change in order to have a better life! I don't see a reason for you feeling bad? You wil get over this, you will see! You just think too much man! Just take your meds! Look, others are doing way worse then you! Look at poor kids in africa! Just try to smile more! Go get help! etc..........."

This is my experience from literally every person I've tried to talk to about depression, suicide and so forth. It feels like they don't even really listen to what I am saying!
Earlier today, when he started ranting again, I just told him to please ffs spare me your empty phrases, I could not take it anymore (though, I feel guilty for that).

It makes me so sad and angry. Guess I just shouldn't bother. Hate for humanity growing rapidly atm.

What do you guys think about that? Someone has had similar experiences?
Most people struggle with any ideas that are outside their own - often very narrow - range of experience. If you were to tell people that you like singing 16th century madrigals, for example, you would probably get some unfavorable, or at least perplexed reactions. The problems start when they consider their own, narrow outlook to be the god-given, 100% right way that everyone should view the world, and then they try to impose that outlook on you. You can try reasoning with them, and that does sometimes work, but not always. If all else has failed, you can give them any of several short, two-word phrases of which the second word is "off". It's your life, not theirs.

Reactions: somniummalum
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
I tend to keep my suicidal thoughts for myself, mostly. I've decided to talk to my brother, since he noticed I was feeling bad.
I've told him my honest opinion about suicide, why I struggle to hold onto life, why I suffer so much etc.

Everytime we talk, I pretty much get ranted at for an hour, things like "you have to change in order to have a better life! I don't see a reason for you feeling bad? You wil get over this, you will see! You just think too much man! Just take your meds! Look, others are doing way worse then you! Look at poor kids in africa! Just try to smile more! Go get help! etc..........."

This is my experience from literally every person I've tried to talk to about depression, suicide and so forth. It feels like they don't even really listen to what I am saying!
Earlier today, when he started ranting again, I just told him to please ffs spare me your empty phrases, I could not take it anymore (though, I feel guilty for that).

It makes me so sad and angry. Guess I just shouldn't bother. Hate for humanity growing rapidly atm.

What do you guys think about that? Someone has had similar experiences?
Every time, without exception, these "pro-life" people always make me sad, unmotivated, and their speech always had the opposite effect on me

Reactions: somniummalum, AJ. and Meditation guide
rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
@JosephBrasil
Of course. They show you they lack empathy and don't understand your struggles. That will always result in feeling worse.

Reactions: AJ. and deleted