• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

Leann2

May 23, 2018
A lot of people have felt suicidal at least once in their life. No one can honestly say they went through their life all happy go lucky without any hardships. Ideations can be normal. Some people had their situation ruined beyond repair. It doesn't mean they're crazy or what they're going through is invalid. Sometimes, it is the only solution.

M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
A lot of people have felt suicidal at least once in their life. No one can honestly say they went through their life all happy go lucky without any hardships. Ideations can be normal. Some people had their situation ruined beyond repair. It doesn't mean they're crazy or what they're going through is invalid. Sometimes, it is the only solution.

According to studies between 24% and 90% of people who die by suicide have a mental illness. NOT A DIAGNOSED MENTAL ILLNESS an mental illness.

Reactions: Tiburcio and Luke
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
Psychiatry is a protoscience, I challenge the practicality of the DSM-V, and I challenge what modern psychiatry considers to be a mental illness in many cases.

Alot of diagnosis are based on how you feel. The studies I mentioned espically the higher studies tend to rely on if people think their loved obe who commited suicide had a mental ilness which is just ridiculus.

Reactions: Threads
Luke

Luke

tired
Apr 11, 2018
Suicide rates are higher among the mentally ill folks, but same can be said of the cancer folks, the disabled folks, gays, etc.

So many people so many reasons.

Suicide can be a symptom of any condition where the expected outcome is a lifetime of suffering.

Luke

Luke

tired
Apr 11, 2018
According to studies between 24% and 90% of people who die by suicide have a mental illness. NOT A DIAGNOSED MENTAL ILLNESS an mental illness.

Which means between 76% and 10% does not have one. The median here being ~43% we can say less than half of the people dying by suicide have a mental illness.

So according to this the following statement is true: "A person who commits suicide may or may not have a mental illness, there is no way to tell. It's 7% more likely he does not.".

I personally think this is bullshit though. What kind of statistics is this?

Edit: I suck at maths so I can be totally wrong here.

Last edited:
L

Leann2

May 23, 2018
Most therapist's job is to just make money off their patients by referring them to unnecessary services like psychiatry to brainwash them, give them unhealthy meds with adverse side affects, and cause long term physical problems. Thus making even more money for the medical field when they get stuff like diabetes later due to the weight gain (example). Very few actually have empathy and understanding for their patient's struggles.

I believe it is normal for a person who is experiencing tough circumstances to feel like they have few options. Their feelings are valid. It does not mean they are only sad because a chemical imbalance msgically manifested in their head. There is such thing as situational depression.

M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
Which means between 76% and 10% does not have one. The median here being ~43% we can say less than half of the people dying by suicide have a mental illness.

So according to this the following statement is true: "A person who commits suicide may or may not have a mental illness, there is no way to tell. It's 7% more likely he does not.".

I personally think this is bullshit though. What kind of statistics is this?

Edit: I suck at maths so I can be totally wrong here.

The person making the argument mental illness means you cant make descions is generally applying double standards and arbituary lines whenever convient for them. Studies show between 24-90% of people who die by suicide have some form of mental illness. However for the sake of argument we will say pretend evreyone who dies by suicide is depressed. Optimism and depression are both not accurate pitcures of reality. An accurate picture of reality is somewhere in the middle. I will leave whichever is closer to reality up to you to decide.

On the extreme end of optimism we have infactuation. Infactuation clouds your judgment to the point of insanity in many aspects. By definition it causes the individual not to make sound judgments and lights up many of the same parts of the brain as insanity. I have never heard some one argues when you are infactuated you should not be able to make descions. Yet many of these same people will argue you should not be able to make descion when you are depressed. It would be very hard to argue depression effects your brain remotely near as much as infactuation. With some experts thinking in many aspects depressed people see reality more accurately than the average person.

Does anyone see reality accurately? Probaly not. Does anyone have perfect knowledge when making descions? No. So you can never always make perfect descions. Someone woild have a much easier time arguing thay Survial instinct darastically clouds our judgment. For instance SI is the strongest instinct, as such it could easily make it difficult to make an life or death situation. Their are also factors like pro life proganda, the fact its rubbed into most of us from an early age to die is a great tragedy and life is a great gift. (Even though by defintion in order for something to be a gift there needs to be a choice) Do these factors impact our descions to make life or death descions ? ofcourse they do. Do all these factors impact our descion to make a life or death descion more than depression? To me it seems almost certain these factors impact our ability to make life or death decions far more than depression. The argument seems to be "people should have extreme bias towards life, if you don't, you should not be able to make descions."

Reactions: Luke and skitliv
Lucas

Lucas

May 26, 2018
Once I die I might be counted as one having a mental illness due having the proper depression diagnosis. But that's pretty much all that it is. I have never been in the hands of mental care until I got physical health problems and I was really dissapointed once I found out that the diagnosis is pretty much 100% done by trusting what I say or write on a piece of paper. On a good day a normal person wouldn't get any diagnosis at all, but if he had one really bad and a questionary would be done, he might be labeled as having severe depression. So I don't think you can really trust them or rather, I don't think they say anything at all.

The stigma of mental illness diagnosis would be gone if it would be common knowledge that it's possible to get the diagnosis by one or two papers that you write by yourself at a single doctor visit.

Reactions: skitliv and MAIO
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
Once I die I might be counted as one having a mental illness due having the proper depression diagnosis. But that's pretty much all that it is. I have never been in the hands of mental care until I got physical health problems and I was really dissapointed once I found out that the diagnosis is pretty much 100% done by trusting what I say or write on a piece of paper. On a good day a normal person wouldn't get any diagnosis at all, but if he had one really bad and a questionary would be done, he might be labeled as having severe depression. So I don't think you can really trust them or rather, I don't think they say anything at all.

The stigma of mental illness diagnosis would be gone if it would be common knowledge that it's possible to get the diagnosis by one or two papers that you write by yourself at a single doctor visit.

I am not convinced the stigma would bw gone. Some people really like feeling superipr to others.

Reactions: skitliv