A

aloneintheworld

Student
Dec 12, 2019
Very good points that are being brought up here I think everyone should be treated with the same kindness, respect, and empathy that they would want to be treated with. A goodbye thread should be about the person but sometimes there are relevant questions to be asked and the person is hesitant about their current position. There is no right or wrong answer to this every person and every thread is different. As long as we treat each other with compassion and listen to other members, goodbye threads shouldn't be a very different space just a space of even more respect. Sometimes someone isn't always sure that its the right timing or they have everything right and sometimes there is a relevant question to be asked this isn't to discredit someone else's knowledge or experiences but you never know until you make the post.

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Finis Autem Spero
Finis Autem Spero

Finis Autem Spero

Dec 30, 2019
Excellent point, Brick. Goodbye threads in particular should be handled with thought, empathy and support for the poster.

I almost posted in Pwincess's thread about sharing a chosen CTB date, even though I didn't go through with it, and reconsidered due to feeling like it would inappropriately shift focus somewhat despite wanting to do it out of connection. We did have a nice conversation via PM about it, though.

I would add on to that that even those who are being belligerent in their postings should also be treated with kindness. I know I can lash out at people unnecessarily when I'm feeling particularly bad, and what helps me the most during those times is support, rather than the conflict I superficially seek.

Also, my inbox is always open for anyone who wants/needs to chat or even unleash a wave of fury. I'd rather it be directed at me than someone who might not be able to take it, and hopefully make you feel better.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and aloneintheworld
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Literally?

Are you...a piece of shit?

:pfff:
Nearly. Non functional bowel so laxatives and diahorrea plus polyuria and nocturia, have to pee every half hour. Knackered.

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Quarky00, Brick In The Wall and GoodPersonEffed
vesttigeel

vesttigeel

Jan 19, 2020
It is unfortunate that some users disregard the person behind every post, but hopefully we can all band together and make it better for everyone involved. I'm very new to this forum but my inbox is available to anyone who might need to talk - about anything. Also... (this is unrelated) the Pink Floyd movie hit hard, nice profile picture @Brick In The Wall

• Love
Reactions: Finis Autem Spero and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Bumping this as a reminder for the new generation of SS users.

• Hugs
Reactions: Quarky00, FusRohDracarys and Sensei
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
So many have left us :( I hope that they're at peace.. but I think your post is well said. Even I myself forget that there's other people (real life people!!) that are in this community

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Hi guys …. I don't know if I have much to say that hasn't been said but I will offer my thoughts. (Hopefully they will make sense) :wink:

I try to just wish someone the best and hope they find peace. I've also stopped making comments like "I hope to see you soon, when I find the courage" because I don't want to make the thread about me. (I hope I can remember this … sometimes it's hard not to do). :wink:
In the past I may have asked questions about methods... I can't remember.
Someone else mentioned not asking questions of the poster in their goodbye thread. (I have seen some that are willing to answer questions as long as they can)
I have seen some posters mention their method and if they ask for help, I think it's fine for others to offer their opinions.

I hate to see someone young attempting to CTB but I understand. I won't judge. I can say that I wish I had done it as a teen and saved myself years of misery.

One other thing that I think that we shouldn't speculate on is the location of members who may have CTB. This was probably brought up before but when a couple members CTB before Christmas there was speculation on here where exactly they CTB. I don't think we should help Law Enforcement do their job. Also it may bring more unwanted attention to S.S. (I don't know)

This is all I can think of at the moment. :hug:

I think I may have broken my rule recently of "I hope to see you soon" I'm not sure but I will try harder not to do that. :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Quarky00 and Brick In The Wall