yellowroses

yellowroses

Ever Seeking
Jun 12, 2023
Before I found this site, I had a pretty serious OD attempt. (Stupidly) I posted something of a goodbye note on reddit, explaining that I have an illness which is only going to get worse, and which there's no cure for. Almost immediately I got a PM that said "don't be so selfish". Ironically, it only fueled my desire to CTB, I mean like, here's someone who doesn't even know me and wants me to stay alive and suffer, with no hope for recovery, all for the purpose of, what? Being able to say they "saved" some stranger online? And they're calling me selfish? I just don't get it, how do they not see the disconnect there? Like I understand wanting to help someone who is actively suicidal, I would too (within reason), but to open it up by insulting that person seems wild to me. Anyway, just wanted to rant, thanks for reading ✌️

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ipomoeaalba, Sweet Tart, myusername890 and 18 others
Charlie-Bravo

Charlie-Bravo

May 30, 2023
They did it to feel better. If that person would truly care about you, he would listen to you and start a conversation. Thats the bitter truth. Thats so disrespectfull

• Love
Reactions: Sweet Tart, myusername890, yellowroses and 5 others
B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
@yellowroses I'm sorry that happened! Especially after you said you have an illness. I would feel the same way, being called selfish would just make me want to do it even more if I couldn't even get a bit of understanding at my worst point. It's ironic how they think they just go around saving everyone and are oblivious to the fact they sometimes make people feel even worse. Ugh, this is exactly why people come here to express how they feel. I guess people don't know what to say, but calling you selfish is not the way to go either.

Last edited:
Reactions: yellowroses and Praestat_Mori
IndyAna

IndyAna

🤍
Feb 9, 2023
I just wanna say that way too many trolls lurk in mental health related subs. I had an idiot texting me, after a post talking about my suicidal thoughts, asking if I'm "dead yet". don't take it too seriously, they're edgelords that just try to get a reaction out of random people online.

• Love
Reactions: Sweet Tart, yellowroses, Twiceler and 2 others
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Please report users who talk to you like that.

Reactions: betternever2havbeen and yellowroses
TheHuman

TheHuman

May 31, 2023
Pro-lifers are some of the most delusional people on the planet.

First off I didn't decide to exist my parents forced me to exist, if I don't get any input on if I want to exist the least you could do is let me decide when I want to stop existing.

Second off we are gonna die anyways one day, what makes an 22 year old suicide any different from a 68 year old? Oh I see since the 22 year old hasn't experienced life yet, well. Maybe. Just. What If? I don't want to experience it? Is it that hard to comprehend that some people just don't like life? Well I hear I hate my life all the time from people like you, why not have an exit if you really do hate it? Like seriously it pisses me off.

Finally the main reason people hate life is because of society. Society has created a system that squeezes the life out of you every single day, and y'know what JUST GO TO THERAPY IT WILL FIX EVERYTHING. Society has created our problems, and yet they are not addressed, they just say THERAPY. Its a band-aid solution if your so keen on preventing us from ctbing then FIX THE SYSTEM AND DON'T IGNORE IT!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ipomoeaalba, betternever2havbeen, myusername890 and 6 others
leftdreaming

leftdreaming

I should’ve been a house cat
Apr 28, 2023
Ignorance is bliss, but there's no excuse for being an unempathetic asshat.

That person isn't just pro-life, they are stupid.

Reactions: Sweet Tart and yellowroses
B

boblong

Student
Mar 15, 2023
Many pro-lifers either have an easy life or brainwashed by education , religion ,...etc . I dont hate them that much.

Reactions: Twiceler and yellowroses
D

deomlez

Not english native speaker. Ctb is my life.
May 19, 2023
I don't find any reason of thinking it's selfish. Not logical at all. Who are you betraying killing yourself ? ("God" is a bad answer).
It reminds me when i made my psy laugh (she is a good one) when i said "you, psy, want to recover people who want ctb to let them fear of death, wtf ?" (in french to be more precise : vous les psys, vous soignez les suicidaires pour qu'ensuite ils aient peur de la mort, wtf ?)

Reactions: yellowroses
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
LOL yes ... they are outa reach. This morning I said to a good friend: " Ya know what these letters mean (when I'm able to type them ....)"
Answer: "It's good you're still here .... "

FUCK I wish for a peaceful death each evening I go to sleep ...

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart, yellowroses and blue_muse
blue_muse

blue_muse

Mage
Jan 31, 2021
Too many people have a hero-complex in today's society. In my opinion, such people that save others are thinking of viral stardom than genuinely wanting to help someone "I'm such a good person.". Sickening.

Reactions: yellowroses, leftdreaming and Praestat_Mori
sulli

sulli

Student
Jan 25, 2023
reddit is a cesspool when you're suicidal. i made the mistake of mentioning childhood trauma the last time i posted on suicidewatch and ofc ended up with repulsive men in my dms trying to get details out of me to jerk off to

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: ipomoeaalba, betternever2havbeen, Sweet Tart and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think it's best not to post anything in my opinion, I could never see a benefit to interacting with humans but of course it's absurd to be anti-suicide when we are all just waiting around to die anyway. Wanting suicide will always be perfectly logical and other people's opinions on this should never matter, none of us are obligated to continue enduring this dreadful and pointless existence.

Reactions: yellowroses, TheHuman and Twiceler