• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
I dont know they rang me and tracked my phone i think during the call.

If you weren't at a known address, then many modern phones have location services and GPS telemetry available to emergency services. It's a pinpoint location, unlike cell tower triangulation.

My guess is that they called you in order to confirm that you were with the handset. The concept of tracking you during a call is more of a throwback to how you'd do it with obsolete technology - like how you'd trace hackers (back to a specific exchange at least), dialling into your network and causing havoc.

Speaking as an ex phone engineer from a UK perspective.

My experience with police was the same, I was allowed my phone and no cuffs when they were doing a mental health check. In fact, even one time when I was arrested, I sat in the front of the police car, no cuffs, phone still with me and a very sympathetic officer who apologised for having to arrest me and expressed his wish that I'd be released without charge.

I was then at the complete other end of the spectrum a year later, bundled into a van, phone grabbed from my pocket before is even been arrested, cuffs and a two hundred mile drive that was super painful with bound hands and no seat or seatbelt.

As someone said, they tend to treat you better when it's mental health related - at least these days, I had a rather nasty experience after a suicide threat in my youth.

Reactions: terry_a_davis, autumnal, Quarky00 and 3 others
one4all

one4all

I'll put pennies on your eyes and it will go away.
Feb 3, 2020
Idk about the UK but in the US you can have your phone in the police cruiser as long as you're cooperative. I had mine on my trip to the hospital. The hospital will take it when you get checked in.

Where you able to use it in the cruiser though? Depending on where you live your personal belongings aren't stripped from you til you get booked/processed.

Reactions: new life
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Idk about the UK but in the US you can have your phone in the police cruiser as long as you're cooperative. I had mine on my trip to the hospital. The hospital will take it when you get checked in.

In the US, it depends on the jurisdiction, and sometimes the individual officers.

Reactions: new life and Broken Chimera
one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020
phone still with me

Were you message a SS forum at the time or even using it for messages? Just curious. Might be a grey area for having you phone and using it while you are in a police car

Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
Were you message a SS forum at the time or even using it for messages? Just curious. Might be a grey area for having you phone and using it while you are in a police car

It was a number of years ago before I'd discovered the SS forum, but I was able to use it to send/receive messages. I wouldn't have risked taking a phone call but it was a relaxed enough atmosphere to use it otherwise.

Had they needed it for forensic evidence I imagine they would have pinched it off me straight away like they did another time.

Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
Where you able to use it in the cruiser though? Depending on where you live your personal belongings aren't stripped from you til you get booked/processed.
To text, yeah.

Reactions: new life and one4all
Nunyabinniss

Nunyabinniss

Mar 23, 2019
Depends on the officer, that's for sure. And yeah unfortunately the hospital will take it away. If you're nice and catch a cop on a good day you they may or may not let you have it.

Reactions: new life and Broken Chimera
new life

new life

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
The longest I have been held is 15 hours on one of them, could have got out sooner but was waiting for a family member to pick me up!
Ouch i bet that hurt having to be there that long. Luckily I can leave on my own if they release me.

How come they rang you? Did you post publicly about CTB?
My mum rang them and reported me missing and saying i was suicidal.
There here to asses me already wish me luck, im just going to deny any intentions to harm myself so i can CO in augast. Ill let u know what they say.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Quarky00
C

cazwiz

Feb 25, 2020
I live in the UK and I got sectioned (136) after the Police pulled me back from the edge of a tall building. No handcuffs, you haven't committed a crime after all, and aren't under arrest, it's just a detainment to keep you safe until you have a psychiatric assessment and they decide whether you can go home or if you need to be detained under a longer section. I had police accompanying me in the ambulance to hospital and then a police ride to a Place of Safety where the assessment happened. They were incredibly kind. I had my phone throughout, the police accompanying me in A&E even went out to their car to get a cable so I could charge it and keep myself occupied while waiting for mental health professionals. Another policeman who was at the scene (I didn't remember him) stopped by in A&E to see how I was getting on. They were kind, but I guess I was an easy/co-operative detainee too.

Reactions: Sunset764, terry_a_davis and new life
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Um... Didn't you just dramatically get out of the hospital and decide it's a better idea to wait for your summer plan? But you didn't, and now you're sectioned again, deciding waiting for summer is a good idea after all?

This is a prime example of why rushing and being impulsive aren't good.

• Love
Reactions: Quarky00, new life and toomuchtimetodie
new life

new life

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
How are you uncuffed and still have your phone?? Just wondering..Sorry bout your situation.
I am uncuffed as I did not put up a fight, and in the UK they still let you have your phone.
I'm moving to the UK. If i can go uncuffed and message the SS board in the back of a police car, i'm in the wrong country!
The UK is shit dont come stay where you are it is for the best trust me. But it is good the fact I can still message the SS board while in the back of a police car.
The police over here are generally very caring when it comes to mental health, the rest though are a bunch of asshats, BUT they don't really care!
True the police are good with regards to mental health in the UK generally, but everybody else are just assholes and downsize your situation to make it sound not so bad and forget about it.
Don't come here it's shit. I'm ashamed to be English.
The UK is shit.
How come they rang you? Did you post publicly about CTB?
I did NOT post publically about my ctb that would be silly. No my mum phoned the police again as she was aprently worried, and gave them my number. So I answered as I do to everybody and they just started talking and then the next thing I know is the police turn up.
So i shouldn't move there? :blarg:
NO for definate.
Stay there... depending where but stay there , Just noticed its you and we discussed that in PM, damn you and avatar changing I be confused
LOL i am thinking about changing my avatar aswell hope I dont confuse you.
Good lord, next you're telling me they brought a m1 abrahams and a v22 osprey.
That made me laugh it would not suprise me the things the police can do and the things they have in their arsenal of equiptment.
Oh fuck...... **sits scratching head
Ohh no the truth about you is now out LOL, what are you going to do.
This is all a bit odd. And with out details it sounds fishy, not that I doubt that you. Very curious.
It does sound odd i thought that when they just turned up, i thought how the hell did you find my location and then realised the police can track phones.
In the UK you can have your phone all the time as long as your cooperative. When you get to the hospital you can still have it but they take all your other belongings off you.
If you weren't at a known address, then many modern phones have location services and GPS telemetry available to emergency services. It's a pinpoint location, unlike cell tower triangulation.

My guess is that they called you in order to confirm that you were with the handset. The concept of tracking you during a call is more of a throwback to how you'd do it with obsolete technology - like how you'd trace hackers (back to a specific exchange at least), dialling into your network and causing havoc.

Speaking as an ex phone engineer from a UK perspective.

My experience with police was the same, I was allowed my phone and no cuffs when they were doing a mental health check. In fact, even one time when I was arrested, I sat in the front of the police car, no cuffs, phone still with me and a very sympathetic officer who apologised for having to arrest me and expressed his wish that I'd be released without charge.

I was then at the complete other end of the spectrum a year later, bundled into a van, phone grabbed from my pocket before is even been arrested, cuffs and a two hundred mile drive that was super painful with bound hands and no seat or seatbelt.

As someone said, they tend to treat you better when it's mental health related - at least these days, I had a rather nasty experience after a suicide threat in my youth.
That is intresting to know i only thought they could use the cell tower triangulation method. I am going by your guess that they used GPS telemetry to find my location. It sounds like you have had both good and bad experiances with the police which just shows they can have two seperate sides.
It was a number of years ago before I'd discovered the SS forum, but I was able to use it to send/receive messages. I wouldn't have risked taking a phone call but it was a relaxed enough atmosphere to use it otherwise.

Had they needed it for forensic evidence I imagine they would have pinched it off me straight away like they did another time.
Normally in the UK anyway they will let you have your phone, unless they need it for forensic evidence then they will take it off you. Also most people would not make the mistake of answering a call in the police car espechally if it was about ctb.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
new life

new life

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
I live in the UK and I got sectioned (136) after the Police pulled me back from the edge of a tall building. No handcuffs, you haven't committed a crime after all, and aren't under arrest, it's just a detainment to keep you safe until you have a psychiatric assessment and they decide whether you can go home or if you need to be detained under a longer section. I had police accompanying me in the ambulance to hospital and then a police ride to a Place of Safety where the assessment happened. They were incredibly kind. I had my phone throughout, the police accompanying me in A&E even went out to their car to get a cable so I could charge it and keep myself occupied while waiting for mental health professionals. Another policeman who was at the scene (I didn't remember him) stopped by in A&E to see how I was getting on. They were kind, but I guess I was an easy/co-operative detainee too.
They are kind but like it has been said before, other peopel dont give a shit and just downsize your issue and forget about it. That was nice of them to get a cable to keep your phone charged.

NotMeantForHere

NotMeantForHere

I want to go like Marilyn Monroe
Feb 6, 2020
So i have tried hanging myself and the police have turned up with bloody dogs and about 10 officers, ffs is that really needed just leave me alone. I am just going to pretend everything is ok and say evrething they want to hear and probably just go with the CO method in augast.
They are sectioning me.
Cant belive i am in a police car just for trying to hang myself. It is a human right to die in my opinion, it just makes things worse being here.
I'm so sorry:aw:

Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
I'm moving to the UK. If i can go uncuffed and message the SS board in the back of a police car, i'm in the wrong country!
Don't come here it's shit.
Stay there... depending where but stay there ,

In recent years UK and US are really competing of who's the shittiest .

Honestly , it's a tough call .

-_-

- "I'm more racist than you!"
- "Yeah but I'm destroying my healthcare system"
- "So what , trains here barely work"
- "Ah! I'm giving another tax cuts for the rich."
(and you can't guess who said to whom... UK to US or vice verse.. Race to the bottom)

Reactions: one4all and new life
new life

new life

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
Um... Didn't you just dramatically get out of the hospital and decide it's a better idea to wait for your summer plan? But you didn't, and now you're sectioned again, deciding waiting for summer is a good idea after all?

This is a prime example of why rushing and being impulsive aren't good.
I did get out of the hospital from a section 2 and decided I was going to wait for my summer plan. I then got so overwhelmed and wanted to end it sooner rather than waiting, and I tried hanging again today and got section 136 again. I have now decided waiting for my summer plan is the best thing as like you said I was rushing and being impulsive and it went wrong.

• Love
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
I did get out of the hospital from a section 2 and decided I was going to wait for my summer plan. I then got so overwhelmed and wanted to end it sooner rather than waiting, and I tried hanging again today and got section 136 again. I have now decided waiting for my summer plan is the best thing as like you said I was rushing and being impulsive and it went wrong.
You wrote many times "I can't wait for the summer" , well , it turned out to be true literally :wink: :hug:

Police affair sounds traumatic . I hope you are doing okay considering :heart:

• Love
one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020
In recent years UK and US are really competing of who's the shittiest .

Honestly , it's a tough call .

-_-

- "I'm more racist than you!"
- "Yeah but I'm destroying my healthcare system"
- "So what , trains here barely work"
- "Ah! I'm giving another tax cuts for the rich."
(and you can't guess who said to whom... UK to US or vice verse.. Race to the bottom)

Tough.. but i will make a call. I won't derail this thread further :blarg:

• Hugs
Reactions: Quarky00 and new life
new life

new life

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
Hi Guys just a quick update, they asked me if I had any plans to harm myself if i was to be released and I said no. I just said i find this situation a big misunderstanding and I am getting better. So they allowed me to go. Whilst I was in the woods my mum phoned the police and said I was missing and she was concerned for my safety, the police then phoned me and I answered like I do to everybody. They must have traced the call or something as I did not tell them my location or anybody in that matter and they turned up out the blue. There was over 10 officers, a search dog and the police helicopter, is it just me but this was over the top. Anyway they got the street triage team to asses me in the police car, and they said to section 136 me and take me to the crisis team in the hospital. I then thought I should just play along and pretend i am getting better and have a normal conversation with the police officers and the crisis team, ensuring I was very vague witht the crisis team with my plans. Then they let me go and be free, so now I am just going to wait for my ctb in Augast i think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soulless_Angel
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
Does the UK have any privacy? Every time I see someone here say the police got a hold of them without having another person actively call the police the person is from the UK

new life

new life

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
You wrote many times "I can't wait for the summer" , well , it turned out to be true literally :wink: :hug:

Police affair sounds traumatic . I hope you are doing okay considering :heart:
I am ok now I am out, I am almost certain I will wait for my summer plan. I was impulsive and rushed things today by hanging and it went wrong.
Does the UK have any privacy? Every time I see someone here say the police got a hold of them without having another person actively call the police the person is from the UK
Not really no the police get called on mostly everybody who is attempting suicide at least once.

• Love
one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020
I would be thinking that someone would be checking you for CoVid-19 before tossing you in a car . LOL

Reactions: Ryan.s and new life
new life

new life

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
I would be thinking that someone would be checking you for CoVid-19 before tossing you in a car . LOL
LOL they did ask me for any symptoms for that when I arrived at the hospital funny enough.

one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020
LOL they did ask me for any symptoms for that when I arrived at the hospital funny enough.
Seems like very nice police officers to take that chance lol

A

Ashleyrodriguez

Mar 19, 2020
I am in derbyshire UK. Section 136 which means they can only hold me for 24 or 72 hours i dont know which yet.
They let you use your phone there?

one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020

UK seems very casual about phones. Using them in the hospital and police cars.
Messaging forums like this doesn't matter as they seem to not care what the person is doing LOL

new life

new life

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
yes as i co-operated and like they said above if you comply and they do not need it for forensic they let you have it.
UK seems very casual about phones. Using them in the hospital and police cars.
Messaging forums like this doesn't matter as they seem to not care what the person is doing LOL
They dont, the police are ok with mental health and treat you good however evrebody else is shit and dont care.

one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020
yes as i co-operated and like they said above if you comply and they do not need it for forensic they let you have it.

They dont, the police are ok with mental health and treat you good however evrebody else is shit and dont care.

Seems everything went well for you then! Thanks for giving the minute by minute update of your progress, whilke going through this ordeal. I'm sure others can learn from this

new life

new life

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
Seems everything went well for you then! Thanks for giving the minute by minute update of your progress, whilke going through this ordeal. I'm sure others can learn from this
I hope to help others in their ctb before I go ctb as much as possible. I promised above to keep updated and I have, i keep to my promises and try to reply to everybody comments. ,

one4all

one4all

Feb 3, 2020
I hope to help others in their ctb before I go ctb as much as possible. I promised above to keep updated and I have, i keep to my promises and try to reply to everybody comments. ,

Well let's hope people know that if you fail to ctb you won't have to deal with much consequences,

new life

new life

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
Well let's hope people know that if you fail to ctb you won't have to deal with much consequences,
True just play along and be very vague and deny all intentions is the best way to get out.