ladolcemorte

ladolcemorte

Experienced
May 5, 2019
So here's my situation: I have been off work, staying with my parents in a town about a 9 hour drive/1.5 hour flight away from the city where I work (the "working city"). Meanwhile, I have continued to pay for my apartment in the working city. I have been hemorrhaging money in rent and the lease is up for renewal, so I made the humiliating, albeit financially prudent, choice to give up the apartment and stay at my parents' house.

I had decided to fly out this Friday, and ostensibly go to the apartment for two and a half weeks to get my things packed up. My plan was to spend a week packing and cleaning and then kill myself over the labour day weekend, thus leaving a whole week and a half before anyone thinks to look for me.

THEN, my parents insist on driving to come pick me up and bring all of my stuff back. My mom is taking three days off from work to do this, and paying for a hotel, which is an incredibly lovely thing to do...but it throws a wrench in my plans, because I don't want them to arrive after all that driving and find I'm dead. (My mother even asked me if I was planning to kill myself and I said no but she didn't believe me and she said if they find me dead she will "kill me again"...which of course is impossible as far as I am aware, but you get the point.)

I had said to myself that I was through staying alive for other people. Also, this was the perfect opportunity because, in light of covid, it is extremely difficult to buy the privacy necessary to kill myself at my parents' house.

I suppose I could go back on my decision and renew the lease after all and then just go back there to die...but my mother (who gets very excited about things) has already booked the hotel and is excited about the trip. I suppose I can stick to the original plan, but it does seem a little bit mean to have them arrive and find me dead...I had planned this out so perfectly in my head and now the timing just doesn't feel right.

But maybe if I am really committed I won't care about timing? Sigh.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit_the_kat, zeroshark, Wisdom3_1-9 and 1 other person
builtwrong

builtwrong

permanent solution to a permanent problem
Aug 24, 2020
Its the worst when you have everything planned out and you're ready all for things to go haywire, I always get extremely lost and confused the days after. Feels like I can't think straight cause I thought I wouldn't be thinking at all

• Wow
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics and ladolcemorte
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
If you're firm on the choice of suicide, and if the only two options are them arriving to discover you're dead or killing yourself at their house, then it would seem to be the less painful option to do so at the apartment and send a delayed message to emergency services prior to your parents' arrival.

Reactions: ladolcemorte
I

insurancepolicy

Aug 19, 2020
That's rough. Now that the plan has changed, I'd stay away from both. I'm personally not a fan of having family discover you especially if you still have a good relationship with them.

Perhaps re-up the lease for the privacy and the logistics of not having to stay at home and then go for ctb after your parents visit?

You'll be gone so you won't have to worry about hemorrhaging money on rent because the lease contract should be void at that point.

Just my thoughts.

ladolcemorte

ladolcemorte

Experienced
May 5, 2019
If you're firm on the choice of suicide, and if the only two options are them arriving to discover you're dead or killing yourself at their house, then it would seem to be the less painful option to do so at the apartment and send a delayed message to emergency services prior to your parents' arrival.

How do I send a delayed message to emergency services??? Can you delay a text? I like the idea of notifying emergency services.
You'll be gone so you won't have to worry about hemorrhaging money on rent because the lease contract should be void at that

Hah. Presumably they aren't going to sue me in the afterlife...

Last edited:
I

insurancepolicy

Aug 19, 2020
How do I send a delayed message to emergency services??? Can you delay a text? I like the idea of notifying emergency services.

Hah. Presumably they aren't going to sue me in the afterlife...

Exactly lol. If you wanted to be extra considerate you could leave behind 2 months of rent for the landlord which is typically what it costs to terminate your lease at anytime anyway.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020

I don't know how to send delayed texts but it's been discussed on the forum, I think there are apps. I only know how to send delayed emails on gmail. You can check the local emergency services' websites for ways to contact them.

Kit_the_kat

Kit_the_kat

May 29, 2019
I don't know what it is but I like you lmao. You seem really cool.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, ladolcemorte and LetzteAusfahrt