• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

O

ObligatoryEyeroll

:/
Mar 30, 2024
Hi there!

I'm new to the site - but I've been lurking in the shadows for a while. This is a very broad and vague question but what school of philosophy do you currently subscribe to?

Thank you in advance if you answer :)

hailspark

hailspark

hail
Jan 23, 2024
Hi there!

I'm new to the site - but I've been lurking in the shadows for a while. This is a very broad and vague question but what school of philosophy do you currently subscribe to?

I'm still exploring different ideologies but I recently read La Nausée by Satre. I suppose existentialism best describes me. My personality definitely doesn't align with Roquentin's but his melancholia and more or less nihilistic and existential view of the world I found to be quite interesting.

Reactions: sserafim and vadim
vadim

vadim

Disqualified From Being Human
Aug 10, 2023
My worldview is mostly aligned with Schopenahuer's pessimism, but that's mostly because I see my reality in his writings and not necessarily because I think he makes a convincing argument for his theories being universally true (Schopenhauer himself had to concede that some people, bafflingly, seem to genuinely enjoy life lol). I believe staunchly in antinatalism though. Cynicism, stoicism, and absurdism have also influenced me, although for the most part I can't quite manage to apply to my own life the (imo) pretty sensible advice they offer on how to live. I'm interested in Buddhism and Taoism as well as philosophies rather than as religions.

Bannana

Bannana

caretaker
Mar 10, 2024
Hi there!

I follow along with must of the ideas associated in Absurdism and Albert Camus
It's really neat and I would recommend researching it to anyone

Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
Efilism I guess, exactly the opposite of todays' life in general; it's rather a young comprehension along with anti natalism, to be compared with nihilism, stoicism, absurdism etc. Who knows what's coming after this but I'm not turning back.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Efilism I guess, exactly the opposite of todays' life in general; it's rather a young comprehension along with anti natalism, to be compared with nihilism, stoicism, absurdism etc. Who knows what's coming after this but I'm not turning back.
Wait is efilism called that because efil is life backwards? That blew my mind

Reactions: Euthanza
O

obligatoryshackles

I don't want to get used to it.
Aug 11, 2023
Wait you can't just steal half my name wtf

Absurdism is probably the closest? I need to look closer at actual schools of philosophy instead of just making stuff up, but it's mostly homebrew for me

Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
Wait is efilism called that because efil is life backwards? That blew my mind
Yes, exactly. Philosophy according to which life is an error of nature, so it should not exist, this emphasizes the suffering of life over utilitarianism's greater good.

Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
Primarily Nihilism because I believe nothing really has meaning. Absurdism in close second because I believe it is possible for people to 'embrace the absurd' although not me.

If I weren't so depressed maybe Pragmatism. Instead of focusing on whether ideas or senses are real or not like other philosophies, it focuses on what works and what does not work and applies that to everything.