Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Do people think of you too as a happy person? Especially people who dont know you too well? In my case its because i have a mask on. I dont want to show people my real feelings, it is too dangerous. To people think too that youre generally a cheerful and happy person?

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Mich517, Élégie and 7 others
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
Do people think of you too as a happy person? Especially people who dont know you too well? In my case its because i have a mask on. I dont want to show people my real feelings, it is too dangerous. To people think too that youre generally a cheerful and happy person?
i dont smile often, or like show emotion alot. so i definitely see people thinking im probably some sad ass dude lol. i mean, my first job this year retail, i HAD FRICKEN CUSTOMERS ASK ME IF I WAS OKAY. id have managers come up to me and ask in like hidden ways. but im glad those people were like the people they were.

the people that saw i was hurting and sad and whom reached out were also the ones who were in so much pain and sadness; it amazed me, they were going through so much themselves, yet offered to be a shoulder to cry on for someone else as myself? when they need those shoulders for their own tears. they were amazing, and im so fucking lucky to have met people like that. i definitely took it for granted.

Reactions: Final Escape and Baskol1
E

EmptySteph62

Student
Aug 4, 2019
I can relate, alot of my friends and family think I'm happy and smiley but the ones who really know me know that it's all fake. I just can't seem to be able to be my true self around people and then I'm exhausted as hell from putting up such a front. I'm afraid that if people knew the truth I would be hospitalized again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Final Escape, hatelife and 2 others
E

epsilon

Aug 16, 2019
Oh yeah, some of them even think I am a cheerful person who loves life. :meh:

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape, hatelife and Baskol1
weeks of the day

weeks of the day

𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘐 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦, 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥?
Apr 1, 2019
Yeah. I've had my moments with my friends where I've been noticeably off, but really they don't know about how bad my mental health issues are. I just hide it from them, even though they are all open about their problems. My friends probably see me as a relatively happy person.

• Love
Reactions: Final Escape and hatelife
H

hatelife

Experienced
Oct 13, 2019
Im in the hospital now after my failed attempt, I lied and said I was fine, but actually planning my next one again

Reactions: Final Escape
sammii

sammii

I have no idea what I’m doing.
Oct 9, 2019
Yeah, I've perfected the art of looking cheerful and bubbly when I'm actually severely depressed. I worked in retail for a long time so I had a lot of practise at forcing a happy face.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, hatelife and Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I can't fake it that well. My haggard appearance surely gives it away that I'm like a tortured loner lol! I know I look pretty beat up a lot of the time. I'm either speeded out or stoned, only briefly am I ever like feeling any sense of peace. Maybe after the gym for about 20 mins the after gym high.

• Hugs
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995 and hatelife
SuicidalSymphonies

SuicidalSymphonies

I think I'll take a dirt nap.
Oct 13, 2019
I always have been and always will be that friend that tells others to keep their chin up and when I go home I wish I had a gun pressed to mine. I can't help but care so much for my friends..

Relief

Relief

Oct 14, 2019
My parents brought me up in a way that there was no room for emotion. To feel is to be weak and weakness is the downfall of all. I'm 19 years old (F) and due to my environment (and genetic make-up) I am unable to care. Although i can acknowledge that others care for me i can not care for them. I don't have any friends or strong relationships with any family members. I am all alone. My past mental health issues were received in a terrible fashion by my family. I was made to feel like a plague. Contagious. My uncle wouldn't let his kids in the same room as me. In addition, I do not have a passion. With no bonds, an outlet and a nihilist view on life i am left with nothing.
However, given i was encouraged not to express emotion i became very aware of other's emotions. Some say i'm empathetic although i highly disagree. i do not feel for them, in truth, i look down upon them because i am able to portray myself as invincible while they succumb to weakness.
Even though most of my family is aware of my poor mental health i've constantly downplayed it to the point of normalizing it. It takes a toll on me to pretend i'm doing well but the truth is that the stress that would be put on me if they knew is much greater than attempting to deal with it on my own (with my shrink).