Ankou

Ankou

Sep 26, 2021
That is what I plan on replying with when the doctor asks me what the fuck do I think I'm doing. Apologies for the long post.

I suffer from a very rare chronic condition that I won't name to protect my privacy as only a handful in my country have it. I'm in so much pain that I requested palliative care (dunno if I'll get it or not). I'm practically bedridden even though in theory I could get up, it would just be extremely painful to.

Being woken up by someone really hurts me unlike waking up naturally. However this hasn't stopped my Mum who thinks my physical pain is somehow caused by what she thinks is chemical imbalance in my brain. I did not go through a fuck ton of painful tests that proved my condition in order to get a diagnosis just for this to be called depression. I thought we ruled out mental illness when an MRI scan didn't flag anything but I digress.

Since my non existent depression is more important than the condition that alone makes me eligible for Swiss assisted suicide or Dutch euthanasia, it has been decided that I need to have a routine so that I don't fall in a "downward spiral." And no, since I'm on disability and don't work or go to school, I have nothing to do all day. I have begged my Mum not to wake me up at 7-8am unless I have an appointment in the morning and letting me wake up naturally at 10 really isn't the end of the world.

Since I can't move out and escape her toxic denial phase and doctors are super slow at helping, I guess I will have to self medicate so I no longer need to sleep and then be woken. Plus coffee is good for depression, so shouldn't be an issue, right? Yeah, I'll likely overdose to death eventually which isn't my intention but I don't care at this point lol

• Hugs
Reactions: facel
fox_wannabe

fox_wannabe

Enlightened
Jul 7, 2021
I hope one day your mother will get It. She just need to hear it often enough. Parents wish our conditions are regular and treatable. When I was diagnosed with Asperger's parents forgot about It and blamed my shortcomings in social skills on me. I just want to say that parents rather believe comforting lie, than know truth about our condition.

Reactions: miserableforever and GenesAndEnvironment
Ankou

Ankou

Sep 26, 2021
I hope one day your mother will get It. She just need to hear it often enough. Parents wish our conditions are regular and treatable. When I was diagnosed with Asperger's parents forgot about It and blamed my shortcomings in social skills on me. I just want to say that parents rather believe comforting lie, than know truth about our condition.
I don't think she ever will, she's been like this for four years now. I'm also autistic which kinda sucks since she uses it against me to prove her point that I'm exaggerating or whatever. And my profound social skills makes it hard to convince people that it's really that bad

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry your condition is so misunderstood. Those who say that physical illnesses are mental are really delusional. People who have not suffered from it themselves will never be able to understand what it is like. I hope you find peace and an end to your pain.

• Love
Reactions: Ankou
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020

I love chubbyemu's vids

TimeLawyer

TimeLawyer

Now scheduled for deletion. Goodbye all
Oct 10, 2019
Wait, overdosing on coffee is a thing? Surely you'd have to drink hundreds of cups of the stuff in one go? I have heard of people trying to overdose on energy drinks and not being successful despite drinking like 30 cans in one go....

lifecouldbedream

lifecouldbedream

Student
Oct 8, 2021
Wait, overdosing on coffee is a thing? Surely you'd have to drink hundreds of cups of the stuff in one go? I have heard of people trying to overdose on energy drinks and not being successful despite drinking like 30 cans in one go....
its not hard but not very effective, you are more likely to be in extreme pain and go insane than die

Ankou

Ankou

Sep 26, 2021
its not hard but not very effective, you are more likely to be in extreme pain and go insane than die
Apparently only the treatments are painful and not the actual overdose
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...spital-and-my-full-take-on-caffeine-od.54456/