N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
1 is pro-life or anti-choice, pro-choice is 5 and pro-death is 10.

To clarify some things: The are more grey areas than simply being pro-life. You can for example be in favor of assisted suicide for terminally ill but not for mentally ill. You can be against assisted suicide at all and only see suicide as acceptable when the state has nothing to do with it.
When I am talking about pro-death I see it as the philosophical definition of a pro-mortalist which is quite extreme in my point of view. A pro-mortalist thinks that suicide is for every human being in every possible scenario or situation the best choice. This is at least what I have read.
Don't confuse that with antinatalism. This is humans should never be born in the first place.

I am roundabout on this scale a 4,5-5,5. In favor of more pro-life is my stance that suicide should at least for me be more or less the last resort. And I think it is a good choice first to try therapy if it is available before wanting to ctb. (if an illness is the cause for the suicidality.)
On the other side I am big defender of the right of assisted suicide. I think it should be available to almost every people on this planet when the wish is persistent.

Maybe you think this is a weird question. I thought about making a poll but 10 answers would have been too much imo. For the people who are more in favor of a little bit pro-life it is not ideal that this is not anonymous...

• Informative
Reactions: heavyeyes, S like suicide, markimobzzdeasui and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I am pro choice, I believe that we all have the right to exit this world at a time of our own choosing, suicide is a personal decision. We have no obligations to stay alive as we did not ask to exist. It is our life, our decision and nobody else has any say in it, so 5 I guess.

• Love
Reactions: unnormal9, roaming_soul, S like suicide and 4 others
Salvation_

Salvation_

"Please, finish my story."
Nov 25, 2020

Reactions: Source Energy
clown_17

clown_17

Almost gone, it almost worked
Oct 24, 2020
6 I think? I am pro suicide choice to anyone who is suffering and has made an effort to fix it. The terminally ill can die. The chronically but not terminally ill can die as long as they've made an effort to try some sort of treatment first. The mentally ill can die as long as they've at least tried two or so medications (that's what it takes to be labelled treatment resistant) and has tried therapy.

With proof of suffering and an effort to fix it you can die. However I don't think you should be able to just walk in and be given MAID no questions asked.

Rabhen

Rabhen

Isolated Loner
Dec 17, 2021
1 is pro-life or anti-choice, pro-choice is 5 and pro-death is 10.

To clarify some things: The are more grey areas than simply being pro-life. You can for example be in favor of assisted suicide for terminally ill but not for mentally ill. You can be against assisted suicide at all and only see suicide as acceptable when the state has nothing to do with it.
When I am talking about pro-death I see it as the philosophical definition of a pro-mortalist which is quite extreme in my point of view. A pro-mortalist thinks that suicide is for every human being in every possible scenario or situation the best choice. This is at least what I have read.
Don't confuse that with antinatalism. This is humans should never be born in the first place.

I am roundabout on this scale a 4,5-5,5. In favor of more pro-life is my stance that suicide should at least for me be more or less the last resort. And I think it is a good choice first to try therapy if it is available before wanting to ctb. (if an illness is the cause for the suicidality.)
On the other side I am big defender of the right of assisted suicide. I think it should be available to almost every people on this planet when the wish is persistent.

Maybe you think this is a weird question. I thought about making a poll but 10 answers would have been too much imo. For the people who are more in favor of a little bit pro-life it is not ideal that this is not anonymous...
right now I am thinking 10 and looking to find a partner to help me ctb

Reactions: Euthanza
H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
8/10. In my opinion, with the exception of impulsive decisions, everyone should be able to die with no questions asked. Due to SI, most people already see death as a last resort, so no need to add to the difficulty.

• Love
Reactions: Un-, Euthanza and markimobzzdeasui
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
I'd say 5/10 I see it as a last resort, but if someone truly can't escaoe their pains any other way I fully support.

WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
6/10

Reactions: Crazy4u
PreussenBlueJay

PreussenBlueJay

Too short for Frederick William I’s Guards
Jan 18, 2022
Probably 6. Should be available to everyone and more socially acceptable.

Reactions: heavyeyes, Un-, Élégie and 2 others
markimobzzdeasui

markimobzzdeasui

Life is a cruel joke
Oct 24, 2021
8/10. In my opinion, with the exception of impulsive decisions, everyone should be able to die with no questions asked. Due to SI, most people already see death as a last resort, so no need to add to the difficulty.
I have the same stance

deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
10/10 pro-death, personally, I would really like someone to encourage me to kill myself, or help me to kill myself

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, Euthanza, NSA and 4 others
Sweet Chainsaw

Sweet Chainsaw

Dec 6, 2020
Neither.

Pro-nonexistence, fuck life & death

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kodokushi, Élégie, demuic and 1 other person
Deadly_Intention

Deadly_Intention

Apr 10, 2021
I think I move between being pro-death and pro-choice. On most if not all days, for myself, I am pro-death all the way.
Only because my existence causes so much pain and I've tried so many ways and such to change that part of me that is always messing things up, but to no avail.
I would love it if it became law that should you suffer from a mental health disease such as mine (I have BPD, and if you don't know what it is just search Google and you'll see what a monster I really am cos of this disease I'm afflicted by) that we should all just be able to go in and get assisted death.
Many websites are formed to help people who have encountered or known someone like me, cos people like me just absolutely wreck other people. You can see for yourself... even those that may "recover" from BPD still need to carry the demon of their past on their shoulders.. I think it's unfair for only people who are terminallying ill to be given the option of assisted suicide. But anyway that was a rant off-topic I apologize!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Euthanza and noname223
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
These are very delicate topics ... I would say that I am pro-choice so 5 ... I am in favor of assisted suicide, there should not be all these resistances and enormous difficulties for those who suffer enormously and would like to die to end all the pain .I remember an episode of Futurama (One of my favorite shows as a teenager) where in one episode there was a contraption where you could enter, press buttons to decide what death you want and then die.
Great XD
There should be for everyone the possibility of a way out for those who in this life are living in hell

Reactions: Deadly_Intention
Ada

Ada

Inecapably Human
Jan 14, 2022

I think that if society refuse to help us die, they should help us find meaning in life. As for now, they force us to live and leave us to suffer. That is why I think it is acceptable for someone to take their own life out of despair, if not just to mock life itself.

Reactions: mytime
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Ridiculous thread imo, there is no metric for this and also who fucking cares, who amongst the suicidal measures some bullshit abstract notion like this on a scale, who can honestly be bothered.

Reactions: Tortured_empath and noname223
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Ridiculous thread imo, there is no metric for this and also who fucking cares, who amongst the suicidal measures some bullshit abstract notion like this on a scale, who can honestly be bothered.
You could argue if there can be a scale. But I was interested how many promortalists there are in this forum. There are different kind of levels how you can be anti-choice. You can be against assisted suicide at all or only allowed for people with terminal illnesses. How would you have put the title to find out where the people classify themselves on the spectrum anti-choice, pro-choice and pro-life? I believe there exists a spectrum on that topic. You won't get a perfect scientifical result with my method but I have not found a better way without making it too complicated. The biggest problem is imo I have not defined the categories from 1-10. So it is probably too subjective.
But I think your criticism was rather concerning making a scale at all.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
But I think your criticism was rather concerning making a scale at all.
Not just the scale, all of it, like who really cares what the position of @LUV2CTB69 is on any of it, this place starts to sound like some weird cult based around a devotion to the concept of Pro Choice, it's an arid and worthless discussion given that all of us have an absolute right to commit suicide, we could all kill ourselves today or not kill ourselves at all, l honestly don't get this thinking along the lines of suicide being some righteous cause, an ideology which must be defended. It's juvenile imo.

I will add that yes, the scale is an added level of ridiculous imo, you may as well ask people to grade the yellowness of a banana with marks out of ten.

Reactions: Tortured_empath and WhiteRabbit
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
I could never condone death for someone who wasn't 100% informed and positive, but I could encourage people who are struggling to try their best to meet their needs and find hope in life.
Personally I find your questions a bit soothing and thoughtful NoName. It helps pass the time. I appreciate you.
you may as well ask people to grade the yellowness of a banana with marks out of ten.
I'd respond to this thread to be honest. It's a harmless enough way to pass the time I guess, when you're too down to do much else.

I'll admit the impish idea of posting this thread briefly flashed across my mind, but of course that'd be pretty hypocritical considering how much I've gone on about the importance of not making fun of other users.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: noname223
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
I'll admit the impish idea of posting this thread briefly flashed across my mind, but of course that'd be pretty hypocritical considering how much I've gone on about the importance of not making fun of other users.
Not really tbh, feel free, it's not like I'm going to give a shit.

Reactions: WhiteRabbit
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
Not really tbh, feel free, it's not like I'm going to give a shit.
It's not solely for your well-being that I wouldn't want to sink to that,
although I don't wish you any harm either.

Reactions: 3/4Dead
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Not just the scale, all of it, like who really cares what the position of @LUV2CTB69 is on any of it, this place starts to sound like some weird cult based around a devotion to the concept of Pro Choice, it's an arid and worthless discussion given that all of us have an absolute right to commit suicide, we could all kill ourselves today or not kill ourselves at all, l honestly don't get this thinking along the lines of suicide being some righteous cause, an ideology which must be defended. It's juvenile imo.

I will add that yes, the scale is an added level of ridiculous imo, you may as well ask people to grade the yellowness of a banana with marks out of ten.
First of all I genuinely was interested where the members of SS position themselves on a scale like this. This applies also to individuals.

You act like this phenomenoen was new. When you say this place "starts" to sound like some weird cult. I cannot see really much of a difference when I compare this forum to the past. There are rather approaches how to encourage more diverse stances on the topic suicide. A proof for that is the recovery section. You can read opinions there which don't fit the mainstream position of this forum.

I rather dislike this notion as if in the past this would have been the golden age of this forum and now the forum becomes trash. The recovery section is a clear improvement in my opinion. You read this narrative so often about this forum. Some people claim the forum becomes too pro-life, too pro-death or like you there would be an obsession about pro-choice.

Many say in the past there was less talking about suicide and the people really acted on it instead of solely talking about it. If it is a relief for the people to state for the 1000th time they are pro-choice I welcome it. If it helps them to make it through the day why not. If it helps to cope and by that not having to kill themselves I see a benefit in it. I welcome the 1000th debate about assisted suicide if it comforts the members. I think we would rather be a cult if there was no discussion about those topics and the people would just come here to off themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nolan96
Deadly_Intention

Deadly_Intention

Apr 10, 2021

I think that if society refuse to help us die, they should help us find meaning in life. As for now, they force us to live and leave us to suffer. That is why I think it is acceptable for someone to take their own life out of despair, if not just to mock life itself.
I really like what you said about society helping us to find meaning... but there is this thing people say like "you're the only one who can make the change" blah blah blah so what that means is people think it's your life so you must do it by yourself even if you literally can't... don't know how it works that there is such resentment towards people who suicide but no one actually stood in and helped. Well, not in all cases but yes that is the general idea

Reactions: Ada
D

DeprivedofLife666

Any other childfree people on here?
Mar 28, 2022
I'm just gonna say I'm 100% Pro-Abortion. I hope that is okay, if not, I'll delete my comment.

Reactions: heavyeyes and Venessolotic
M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
I'm just gonna say I'm 100% Pro-Abortion. I hope that is okay, if not, I'll delete my comment.
Why would it not be okay? You're on a suicide forum. Most of us probably wish our parents aborted us - at least I do, not intending to speak for anyone else here.

Personally, I'm pro-sterilisation.

That sounds like I'm trying to one-up you, haha. I'm not.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: heavyeyes, Venessolotic, DeprivedofLife666 and 1 other person
Megneedshelp

Megneedshelp

Final Stretch
Apr 5, 2022
Just looked up the actual definition and now I'm 10

Reactions: Venessolotic